Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,172 members, 7,815,104 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:20 AM

Car Tire Sealant - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Car Tire Sealant (799 Views)

How To Determine The Age Of A Car Tire (Photos) / The Average Lifetime Of A Tire Is 4 Years / Car WAX, Sealant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Car Tire Sealant by mikemb(m): 11:52am On Aug 18, 2014
Do Car Tire sealants work?
Re: Car Tire Sealant by Nobody: 12:42pm On Aug 18, 2014
mikemb: Do Car Tire sealants work?

For small punctures from nails or screws, some work. But it ruins the tyre. So a simple puncture that could be repaired is no longer an option. The tyre is now scrap rubber. The sealant softens the rubber from the inside, meaning a patch won't adhere.

As a LAST option to get you home in an emergency, it's okay to use. Long-term use is dangerous.

There are 2 types:

One that is injected into a good tyre, so in the event of a puncture, it may seal a hole, depending on the size. It DOES erode the rubber from the inside, so NOT recommended.

Then another which is a pressurised can, that is injected into a flat tyre via the valve, it seals and inflates in a singular action. It must NOT be used long term.

Personally, I would NOT use any, or recommend anyone else to use them.

2 Likes

Re: Car Tire Sealant by adanny01(m): 10:39pm On Aug 18, 2014
Siena:

For small punctures from nails or screws, some work. But it ruins the tyre. So a simple puncture that could be repaired is no longer an option. The tyre is now scrap rubber. The sealant softens the rubber from the inside, meaning a patch won't adhere.

As a LAST option to get you home in an emergency, it's okay to use. Long-term use is dangerous.

There are 2 types:

One that is injected into a good tyre, so in the event of a puncture, it may seal a hole, depending on the size. It DOES erode the rubber from the inside, so NOT recommended.

Then another which is a pressurised can, that is injected into a flat tyre via the valve, it seals and inflates in a singular action. It must NOT be used long term.

Personally, I would NOT use any, or recommend anyone else to use them.

I have in several occasions wanted to buy the total brand of it but declined for no obvious reason.

May be my gut was leading me aright.

(1) (Reply)

Techs In The House, 2014 ALLDATA / 7 Tips That Will Make Driving In Wet Weather Safer And More Bearable. / Urgent Advice Needed On This Car

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.