Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,051 members, 7,821,619 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:51 PM

Why Are Modrators Deleting Threads For No Justifiable Reason? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Why Are Modrators Deleting Threads For No Justifiable Reason? (4129 Views)

Orientation About Modrators To New Members. Must Read. / Major Scam Threads That Have Rocked & Entertained Nairalanders / Letter To Modrators !!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are Modrators Deleting Threads For No Justifiable Reason? by belloahmad: 9:37pm On Aug 18, 2014
hi seun and esteemed nairaland mods, i wanted to start by commending your collective hard work in moving NL forward because you are really doing a great job, but unfortunately the thread was not created for that. i really want to complain about how threads are being deleted for no due reason. this evening about 2 of my threads were deleted in the JOKES ETC section and i checked my email to see if their is any reason provided for deleting the threads but i found non. i believe the threads did not break any of the rules of nairaland neither were they posted in wrong section, even if i had posted them in a wrong section the best thing a mod should do is to move it to the appropriate section rather than just deleting in with no reason provided.

i understand it is not easy to send reasons to all those that their threads are deleted but a check box can automate it. the check boxes should list reasons why threads are being deleted and a mod should click the appropriate one before clicking delete or hide so that a user can have an idea why his thread was deleted and adjust in his future post

i am not after if the threads will be restored or not but i was just making a suggestion. we are in a modern age so some mods should stop making NL look like a forum that have not been upgraded for a century.

lastly, seun and all mods as you strive to make NL a better place for everyone we wish you success and we pledge our loyalty in abiding by rules and regulations that will make NL a better home for everyone..... one love

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Modrators Deleting Threads For No Justifiable Reason? by Nobody: 11:24pm On Aug 18, 2014
mehn... i taught it was only me o
my innocent post was deleted today wit no reason
and it left me pondering for over 5mins why it was deleted,
but i couldnt remember any offensive thing i said
up til now im still confused undecided

or maybe som1 is envious of me embarassed embarassed

1 Like

Re: Why Are Modrators Deleting Threads For No Justifiable Reason? by priscaoge(f): 11:54pm On Aug 18, 2014
The Mods have answers to this grin
Re: Why Are Modrators Deleting Threads For No Justifiable Reason? by Donkaz(m): 12:10am On Aug 19, 2014
priscaoge: The Mods have answers to this grin
which is?

1 Like

Re: Why Are Modrators Deleting Threads For No Justifiable Reason? by FunnyPikincom(m): 2:04am On Aug 19, 2014
angry angry
Re: Why Are Modrators Deleting Threads For No Justifiable Reason? by ramdris(m): 6:19am On Aug 19, 2014
I have been a victim on several occasions. I think the mods needs to address this Cause this forum is for everyone.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Modrators Deleting Threads For No Justifiable Reason? by gsparks01(m): 6:33am On Aug 19, 2014
I have to commend the mods for even approving this one
Case dismissed
Re: Why Are Modrators Deleting Threads For No Justifiable Reason? by belloahmad: 6:57am On Aug 19, 2014
priscaoge: The Mods have answers to this grin

can you please help them answer this?
Re: Why Are Modrators Deleting Threads For No Justifiable Reason? by ProfessorD(m): 7:03am On Aug 19, 2014
Threaten to Call in hackers then they will anwser you

4 Likes

Re: Why Are Modrators Deleting Threads For No Justifiable Reason? by Nobody: 7:04am On Aug 19, 2014
What other reason could there be than cleaning up their mess grin
Re: Why Are Modrators Deleting Threads For No Justifiable Reason? by belloahmad: 8:17am On Aug 19, 2014
tosscash1: mehn... i taught it was only me o
my innocent post was deleted today wit no reason
and it left me pondering for over 5mins why it was deleted,
but i couldnt remember any offensive thing i said
up til now im still confused undecided

or maybe som1 is envious of me embarassed embarassed

it is not funny having your thread hidden with no reason behind it. even if their is, i believe it is ethical to inform you of the reason why the thread was deleted. do you have your thread link?
Re: Why Are Modrators Deleting Threads For No Justifiable Reason? by belloahmad: 8:18am On Aug 19, 2014
Donkaz: which is?

help me ask her abeg
Re: Why Are Modrators Deleting Threads For No Justifiable Reason? by belloahmad: 8:25am On Aug 19, 2014
ramdris: I have been a victim of in several occasions. I think the mods needs to address this Cause this forum is for everyone.

yes nairaland should be more of a home to everyone as the name says but not a monopoly forum.
Re: Why Are Modrators Deleting Threads For No Justifiable Reason? by belloahmad: 8:29am On Aug 19, 2014
gsparks01: I have to commend the mods for even approving this one
Case dismissed

i guess you really need to know what FORUMS are before commenting on threads. if you have a reason for your post back it up
Re: Why Are Modrators Deleting Threads For No Justifiable Reason? by Adrenaline123(m): 8:32am On Aug 19, 2014
waecnigeria: NOTICE!NOTICE!!NOTICE!!!
From the management of the west africa examination council (WAEC), We sincerely inform the general public that those who failed the current WAEC examination in the various Examination centres accross the country that the council has been mandated to upgrade the scores and grades of students who scored poorly in the past examinations.
For more info interested candidates should either call the WAEC Nigeria representative on +2348102988376 or email: waecnigeriaoffice@gmail.com.. NOTE: candidates should present their correct information such as their examination No, centre No, and their checking pin. please candidates are adviced to submit the correct documentation of their examination as to curb misrepresentation of grades... regars WAEC NG

You registered on Nairaland today and you want to scam.
[size=30pt]
S
C
A
M
M
E
R
[/size]

If you need any assistance from Waec visit the official website
http://www.waecdirect.org
or
http://www.waecnigeria.org/

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Modrators Deleting Threads For No Justifiable Reason? by babseg(m): 8:37am On Aug 19, 2014
I know the mod that delete posts.

His name is spam bot
Re: Why Are Modrators Deleting Threads For No Justifiable Reason? by Nobody: 8:44am On Aug 19, 2014
babseg: I know the mod that delete posts.

His name is spam bot
congrats
Re: Why Are Modrators Deleting Threads For No Justifiable Reason? by belloahmad: 8:44am On Aug 19, 2014
babseg: I know the mod that delete posts.

His name is spam bot

i know of the anti spam bot. but this is not by anti spam bot. it was done manually.
Re: Why Are Modrators Deleting Threads For No Justifiable Reason? by Adrenaline123(m): 8:52am On Aug 19, 2014
Viewing this topic: ProfessorD(m), belloahmad, Adrenaline123(m), Seu.n(m) , babseg(m) and 18 guest(s).
That was few ninutes ago
Re: Why Are Modrators Deleting Threads For No Justifiable Reason? by justwise(m): 8:56am On Aug 19, 2014
belloahmad: hi seun and esteemed nairaland mods, i wanted to start by commending your collective hard work in moving NL forward because you are really doing a great job, but unfortunately the thread was not created for that. i really want to complain about how threads are being deleted for no due reason. this evening about 2 of my threads were deleted in the JOKES ETC section and i checked my email to see if their is any reason provided for deleting the threads but i found non. i believe the threads did not break any of the rules of nairaland neither were they posted in wrong section, even if i had posted them in a wrong section the best thing a mod should do is to move it to the appropriate section rather than just deleting in with no reason provided.

i understand it is not easy to send reasons to all those that their threads are deleted but a check box can automate it. the check boxes should list reasons why threads are being deleted and a mod should click the appropriate one before clicking delete or hide so that a user can have an idea why his thread was deleted and adjust in his future post

i am not after if the threads will be restored or not but i was just making a suggestion. we are in a modern age so some mods should stop making NL look like a forum that have not been upgraded for a century.

lastly, seun and all mods as you strive to make NL a better place for everyone we wish you success and we pledge our loyalty in abiding by rules and regulations that will make NL a better home for everyone..... one love

I don't moderate joke section but i can understand why your threads were removed, i will do the same if i were the mod.

You started 3 threads in that section and in every single one of them you inserted link to your importation business as a source of the joke but that is misleading, basically you are indirectly spamming the section with your importation business links. You did the same in Literature section , so its not funny and its not a joke grin

5 Likes

Re: Why Are Modrators Deleting Threads For No Justifiable Reason? by belloahmad: 8:57am On Aug 19, 2014
Adrenaline123: Viewing this topic: ProfessorD(m), belloahmad, Adrenaline123(m), Seu.n(m) , babseg(m) and 18 guest(s).
That was few ninutes ago

lol, the oga only came to remove the tag i made above on his name and other mods but refused to address the issue.
Re: Why Are Modrators Deleting Threads For No Justifiable Reason? by Adrenaline123(m): 9:02am On Aug 19, 2014
belloahmad:

lol, the oga only came to remove the tag i made above on his name and other mods but refused to address the issue.
grin
Re: Why Are Modrators Deleting Threads For No Justifiable Reason? by Donfamous(m): 9:20am On Aug 19, 2014
Adrenaline123:
grin
nice signature
Re: Why Are Modrators Deleting Threads For No Justifiable Reason? by tpia1: 9:25am On Aug 19, 2014
They not only refuse to delete actual threats and insults, they even add their own insult after their cronies have derailed a thread.
Re: Why Are Modrators Deleting Threads For No Justifiable Reason? by Nobody: 9:49am On Aug 19, 2014
the mods must be crazy!
Re: Why Are Modrators Deleting Threads For No Justifiable Reason? by Donkaz(m): 10:20am On Aug 19, 2014
belloahmad:

help me ask her abeg
most of the Mods na jealosy dey worry them.
Re: Why Are Modrators Deleting Threads For No Justifiable Reason? by Adrenaline123(m): 10:45am On Aug 19, 2014
Donfamous: nice signature
thanks grin
Re: Why Are Modrators Deleting Threads For No Justifiable Reason? by Adrenaline123(m): 10:45am On Aug 19, 2014
Donfamous: nice signature
thanks grin
Re: Why Are Modrators Deleting Threads For No Justifiable Reason? by belloahmad: 11:28am On Jul 22, 2015
missed this thread

(1) (Reply)

My Experience With A Scammer On Badoo / How Do You Load Picture To A Thread On Nairaland / #gameofthrones: Shocking Death Of ‘jon Snow’ Confirmed By Director

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.