Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,436 members, 7,819,597 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:48 PM

5 Things EVERYONE Steals - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / 5 Things EVERYONE Steals (1514 Views)

21 Things Everyone Raised By Typical African Parents Will Relate With / Embarrassing Things Everyone Does But Won't Admit To / 50 Things Everyone Should Know How To Do (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Things EVERYONE Steals by Ptoocool(m): 9:25am On Aug 19, 2014
You probably don’t consider yourself a thief; after all, you don’t walk into stores and pick an item without paying. You don’t threaten anyone physically to give you anything. But newsflash! EVERYONE steals. Let’s list a few of the basic things, shall we?

1. Movies and music: You think movies and music just happen to appear on your computer of their own free will? Wrong! You know that movie you just downloaded illegally? Well, that’s theft, honey. And that single – no, that entire album? Hmm, I’m thinking we have a problem here.

2. Pens and pencils: Haha. This is the most common (especially in banks). Know that pencil you “borrowed” from a friend or colleague and “forgot” to return? Well, you stole it. Think about it: how many pens have you actually bought? Or do you just always happen to have one dropped off by the pen fairy?

3. Lighters: Any smoker knows that you don’t buy lighters. Lighters just always find you. They’re quite like pens, honestly. You bum a light from another smoker, and before you know it, you get home and are emptying your pockets and gasp! Is that a lighter? Thief.

4. Cashier Slipups: This is the best. You know, you’re at the checkout counter and you’re buying five lighters, *sniggers* but the cashier only rings up three. Do you say something? Do you wait to see if she notices? What if the cashier was rude to you? Atimes it miqht be an extra change (very common) don't you just ignore it?
Or maybe it’s this: you’ve got a 12-pack of drinks (wine) under the cart and you forget about it until you get to the car, do you go back? When is it stealing and when is it an oversight? Or is it just an opportunity? Meh. It’s probably just God blessing you for being so good. It’s all yours, Sticky fingers.

5. Bonus Time: You’ve got a ton of work to do, but sometime during your work day, you decide to say “screw you” and you like a few posts on Facebook or glance through α few thread on Nairaland. Are you stealing your boss’s money? Because he is paying you for hours you didn’t work. Meh. Your boss is a tool. It doesn’t count right?

grin
Add yours.
Re: 5 Things EVERYONE Steals by ademega(m): 9:35am On Aug 19, 2014
U steal emotions . That girl you are not going to marry and u kidnapped her for months before telling her to go after experimenting with her body ... Hmmm u are not only a thief , molester, kidnapper but also a terrorist (bokoharam ) .

2 Likes

Re: 5 Things EVERYONE Steals by AbuMikey(m): 9:35am On Aug 19, 2014
Guilty as Charged!!!! grin

1 Like

Re: 5 Things EVERYONE Steals by pussygotlips: 9:55am On Aug 19, 2014
Its not stealing but a mistake cool
Re: 5 Things EVERYONE Steals by 2cato: 10:45am On Aug 19, 2014
APC stealing people mandate and lieing to them
Re: 5 Things EVERYONE Steals by IamforGod: 10:47am On Aug 19, 2014
ademega: U steal emotions . That girl you are not going to marry and u kidnapped her for months before telling her to go after experimenting with her body ... Hmmm u are not only a thief , molester, kidnapper but also a terrorist (bokoharam ) .
well said. But is the girl in question not to be blamed?
NOTE:Girls be wise,If you av fallen before you have a chance to correct your mistake cos God has given you life.
Re: 5 Things EVERYONE Steals by Nobody: 11:01am On Aug 19, 2014
1, I only listen to music or watch videos online.

2, I don't use Pens or Pencils, I use ink & quill.

3, Hell no, I don't smoke.

4, I work as a Cashier so? tongue

5, #Scratches head.... Bro, You got me. grin

1 Like

Re: 5 Things EVERYONE Steals by hushmail: 11:12am On Aug 19, 2014
@ op if all d things u mentioned r stealing then I might just make Heaven after all.

I always correct cashiers n sales girls, how can i take smthng i didnt pay 4?

I buy pens in pkts, every morn i take one as i leave d house

i have no need 4 lighter

am self employed cannt steal anyone's time

i never able to down anything except d free ones

so Heaven here i come grin
Re: 5 Things EVERYONE Steals by SporaD8: 11:13am On Aug 19, 2014
The pen of a thing especially!
Re: 5 Things EVERYONE Steals by Ptoocool(m): 11:23am On Aug 19, 2014
Ceasar1: 1, I only listen to music or watch videos online.

2, I don't use Pens or Pencils, I use ink & quill.

3, Hell no, I don't smoke.

4, I work as a Cashier so? tongue

5, #Scratches head.... Bro, You got me. grin
*in AbuMikey voice* u r guilty bro!!!
Am even doubtinq ur credibility on no 4.. wink wink
Re: 5 Things EVERYONE Steals by freecocoa(f): 11:41am On Aug 19, 2014
Duh! I pay for whatever I download online with my MB.

I've never stolen a lighter.

The cashier thing I no even understand.

I'm the boss of me so no time stealing.

I guess I've kept a few pens that aren't mine from secondary school sha grin.
Re: 5 Things EVERYONE Steals by armadeo(m): 11:42am On Aug 19, 2014
The Biro thing tire me. My guys even call me sticky fingaz. It just follows me after I use it.

2 Likes

Re: 5 Things EVERYONE Steals by Nobody: 12:00pm On Aug 19, 2014
well, wetin man go do?
Re: 5 Things EVERYONE Steals by maestroferddi: 12:09pm On Aug 19, 2014
You take stock of your station in life.

You see blessings and endowments that you enjoy not because you are exceptional.

You go to bed and wake up to see another day.

You watch as your loved ones thrive and stay alive and healthy.

Yet you get angry with God.

You deny His existence calling yourself an atheist or an agnostic.

You perpetrate acts that spill the blood of innocent people and endanger public safety.

You treat your fellow human being less than you treat an animal.

You display unparalleled self-centredness.

What are you?
Re: 5 Things EVERYONE Steals by softy(m): 12:14pm On Aug 19, 2014
Ptoocool: You probably don’t consider yourself a thief; after all, you don’t walk into stores and pick an item without paying. You don’t threaten anyone physically to give you anything. But newsflash! EVERYONE steals. Let’s list a few of the basic things, shall we?

1. Movies and music: You think movies and music just happen to appear on your computer of their own free will? Wrong! You know that movie you just downloaded illegally? Well, that’s theft, honey. And that single – no, that entire album? Hmm, I’m thinking we have a problem here.

2. Pens and pencils: Haha. This is the most common (especially in banks). Know that pencil you “borrowed” from a friend or colleague and “forgot” to return? Well, you stole it. Think about it: how many pens have you actually bought? Or do you just always happen to have one dropped off by the pen fairy?

3. Lighters: Any smoker knows that you don’t buy lighters. Lighters just always find you. They’re quite like pens, honestly. You bum a light from another smoker, and before you know it, you get home and are emptying your pockets and gasp! Is that a lighter? Thief.

4. Cashier Slipups: This is the best. You know, you’re at the checkout counter and you’re buying five lighters, *sniggers* but the cashier only rings up three. Do you say something? Do you wait to see if she notices? What if the cashier was rude to you? Atimes it miqht be an extra change (very common) don't you just ignore it?
Or maybe it’s this: you’ve got a 12-pack of drinks (wine) under the cart and you forget about it until you get to the car, do you go back? When is it stealing and when is it an oversight? Or is it just an opportunity? Meh. It’s probably just God blessing you for being so good. It’s all yours, Sticky fingers.

5. Bonus Time: You’ve got a ton of work to do, but sometime during your work day, you decide to say “screw you” and you like a few posts on Facebook or glance through α few thread on Nairaland. Are you stealing your boss’s money? Because he is paying you for hours you didn’t work. Meh. Your boss is a tool. It doesn’t count right?

grin
Add yours.

not funny............ how do you defend your number one on the list? Take a look at this fact, bro: If the website that the music or video as a subject matter has a link to download, or there is a vivid instruction that you can download it, how is that one a theft?

in fact there are tons of websites that allow you to download as much as you can..free of charge!

If you say otherwise, you are simply ambiguous in your presentation, especially number one.
Thanks.
Re: 5 Things EVERYONE Steals by JAGBAJANTIS(m): 12:33pm On Aug 19, 2014
D.P nko?
Re: 5 Things EVERYONE Steals by Ptoocool(m): 12:35pm On Aug 19, 2014
softy:

not funny............ how do you defend your number one on the list? Take a look at this fact, bro: If the website that the music or video as a subject matter has a link to download, or there is a vivid instruction that you can download it, how is that one a theft?

in fact there are tons of websites that allow you to download as much as you can..free of charge!

If you say otherwise, you are simply ambiguous in your presentation, especially number one.
Thanks.
I'll suqqest u wait for d full album to be release den rather dan qooqle searchinq 'free music/movies download'.. grin
BTW itz lyk u find urself not quilty of no1, wot of d rest??
Re: 5 Things EVERYONE Steals by Baddestguyp(m): 12:43pm On Aug 19, 2014
for those of you that have copied this post to paste it elsewhere, that's stealing o
Re: 5 Things EVERYONE Steals by sufficientGrace: 12:48pm On Aug 19, 2014
Can't remember when last I bought pen...but I have more than 10 pen different colours ooo.
bought pen last in secondary school

Dammmm I have been in the business of
stealing pen over 7yrs now

I just hope I make heaven
Re: 5 Things EVERYONE Steals by thernee: 1:09pm On Aug 19, 2014
Come oh!..how comes you know all these?? wink
Re: 5 Things EVERYONE Steals by Stunner1(f): 2:19pm On Aug 19, 2014
Haha grin grin
Re: 5 Things EVERYONE Steals by barackodam: 2:25pm On Aug 19, 2014
I hereby proclaim myself innocent to all above charges
Re: 5 Things EVERYONE Steals by Karleb(m): 2:30pm On Aug 19, 2014
barackodam: I hereby proclaim myself innocent to all above charges

Re: 5 Things EVERYONE Steals by barackodam: 2:42pm On Aug 19, 2014
^^^^^^^^^

No am not
Re: 5 Things EVERYONE Steals by softy(m): 7:55am On Aug 22, 2014
Ptoocool:
I'll suqqest u wait for d full album to be release den rather dan qooqle searchinq 'free music/movies download'.. grin
BTW itz lyk u find urself not quilty of no1, wot of d rest??

No Sir, I am not guilty of any!

And as for stealing boss time, what of working extra hours which was said to be paid when you do such and they never pay it when u asked severally. What do you say about that
Re: 5 Things EVERYONE Steals by Pdizzle(m): 8:27am On Aug 22, 2014
That no 3...hehe
Re: 5 Things EVERYONE Steals by Ptoocool(m): 8:29am On Aug 22, 2014
softy:

No Sir, I am not guilty of any!
I see..

softy:
And as for stealing boss time, what of working extra hours which was said to be paid when you do such and they never pay it when u asked severally. What do you say about that
Have qot nofin to say..
Re: 5 Things EVERYONE Steals by dridowu: 8:35am On Aug 22, 2014
I think most of us are "Pen Robbery" just like our poltician, the only difference is that our politician have perfected their owns.
Re: 5 Things EVERYONE Steals by Ptoocool(m): 8:50pm On Feb 29, 2016
dridowu:
I think most of us are "Pen Robbery" just like our poltician, the only difference is that our politician have perfected their owns.
hhahahaha, so we all guilty..

(1) (Reply)

Apostle J. Suleman’s 2015 Prophecies: General Election Is Another June 12, Etc / How To Make Your Vagina Smell Good / 2015 Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Commission Recruitment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.