Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,806 members, 7,820,817 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:26 PM

DIY Treatments For Hair And Skin - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / DIY Treatments For Hair And Skin (1972 Views)

List Of 5 Oils For Hair Growth / Free DIY Handfans, Wire works, Bead works, Ankara bangles e.t.c Tutorials / DIY (do It Yourself) & Sew Along (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

DIY Treatments For Hair And Skin by Sissie(f): 9:35am On Aug 19, 2014
Hello
I will be posting DIY treatments for different hair and skin care treatments.
Follow and post your own DIY

1 Like

Re: DIY Treatments For Hair And Skin by Sissie(f): 10:05am On Aug 19, 2014
DIY deep conditioner for hair
Deep hair conditioner is good for softening the hair and to reduce hair breakage
Ingredients include:
1. 3-6 spoonful mayonnaise
2. Avocado
Optional:
1. banana
2. Egg
3. 3-5 drops of essential oil I.e lavender, jasmine, carrot or fennel oil.
Mix the mayonnaise and avocado together in a bowl add the banana, egg and few drops of essential oil. Mix together until it forms a paste.
After shampooing the hair, Pat the hair dry with a towel. Pat the hair into sections and apply the conditioner.
Cover hair with a shower cap and a towel so the hair can absolve the conditioner OR use a hair dryer to steam the hair.
Leave it on for 30-40 minutes and rinse out.

6 Likes

Re: DIY Treatments For Hair And Skin by feeekey(f): 11:00am On Aug 19, 2014
Nice one dear tanx#followinClosely#

2 Likes

Re: DIY Treatments For Hair And Skin by DAvIt0(m): 12:56pm On Aug 20, 2014
Strictly female hair?
Re: DIY Treatments For Hair And Skin by Sissie(f): 2:17pm On Aug 20, 2014
DAvIt0: Strictly female hair?

No
Re: DIY Treatments For Hair And Skin by Nobody: 8:03pm On Aug 26, 2014
Following!!!

Nice one sis....
Re: DIY Treatments For Hair And Skin by Sissie(f): 12:40pm On Aug 31, 2014
Today is my hair wash day, my hair wash routine, no pictures.

1. I decided to pre poo using hot oiling method.
Oils include:
Coconut oil 3 tablespoons
Castor oil 1 tablespoons
Black seed oil 1 tablespoons
Neem oil 1 teaspoons
Olive oil 1 tablespoon
Mint or rosemary essential oil (stimulates the scalp)
(any carrier oil will do, and using one or two oils is ok, but am an oil product junkie and like to use different oils for maximum benefit)

Mix all oils together in a small cup, boil water in a pot, put the oil in the small cup in the pot, cover for few minutes, when oil becomes hot remove it.
apply hot oil on hair, massage the scalp and cover hair with a shower cap, and tie with a towel. Or steam the hair and leave on For a minimum of 30minutes. I left mine on for more than 2 hours.

2. Shampoo the hair using black shampoo which is sulfate free. If no black shampoo, use dudu osun or any good shampoo.

3. Rinse well.

Tip: if hair is dirty, shampoo hair first pat hair dry with towel, apply the hot oil, wash and rinse.

Hot oil treatment for hair is very beneficial as it helps hair grow, stimulates the scalp and soften hair.

Great for natural and relaxed hair

1 Like 1 Share

Re: DIY Treatments For Hair And Skin by Sissie(f): 12:41pm On Aug 31, 2014
feeekey: Nice one dear tanx#followinClosely#

Thank you
Re: DIY Treatments For Hair And Skin by sheis: 8:34pm On Sep 25, 2014
Sissie: Hello
I will be posting DIY treatments for different hair and skin care treatments.
Follow and post your own DIY
Thank you.
Re: DIY Treatments For Hair And Skin by Empiree: 8:39pm On Dec 29, 2015
larry10:
Hey people, I just had this very low hair cut due to an insect or lice hair bite..now my love for face caps has grown..i wear face caps to vitually everywhere i go..am thinking of how I can re grow the hair fast. I heard of weed + spirit or weed + sulphur 8 and virgin fertilizer.The main thing now is getting the weed..It sound fuuny when you walk up to someone asking if he/she sells weed .I'll be glad if anyone can help ..a cream I could use or ..where I can get d 'igbo' tongue..thnks

(1) (Reply)

GIRLS TREND-DO: See Trendy Ways To Wrap Your Hair / If You Were To Have A Hairstyle For The Rest Of Your Life? / Shoes For 6 To 12 Months Kids

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.