Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,760 members, 7,817,102 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:35 AM

God Is Not The Cause Of Existence - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / God Is Not The Cause Of Existence (1611 Views)

What Sort Of Existence Will Man Have In Heaven? / SCIENTISTS HAVE DISCOVERED EVIDENCE OF EXISTENCE OF GOD'S PARADISE AND HELL FIRE / On The Origin Of Existence. . .God. . .Reality. . .man (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: God Is Not The Cause Of Existence by alexleo(m): 2:12am On Aug 21, 2014
Before creation there was no beginning and no end. No time, no day and no night. It was God that created the beginning ( read genesis 1: 1 to the end), he also created time by creating day and night. God may be the infinite(I.e. The no beginning and no ending) that was in place before the beginning. And that infinite may have power/energy, ominipresence, omnipotent, omniscient, wrath, mercy, feeling etc as what constitutes his attributes/nature.

Now names and description of things originated first from God. For example- water is called water because God called it water in creation(or whatever it is in the original language). Man is called man because God Called us man. Trees, birds, light, etc are called these things because God called them that. What if that infinite that existed before creation(with all the attributes) is what he in one word called God or Yahweh etc. ?

We cannot therefore give a complete or perfect description of how God looks. Creating us in his own image may not neccessarily mean he has exactly the same shape like us. Creating us in his likeness may have much to do with some of his characteristics (I.e. We can love, talk, see, feel bad when offended or when things go wrong, feel good when things go right, , hear, move, think,make choices and decisions, create etc like him; though in limited form). His appearance is definitely not exactly same as ours. His is more gllorified. Much more than we can imagine.

That's my little thought o.
Re: God Is Not The Cause Of Existence by Nobody: 6:53am On Aug 21, 2014
plaetton:

I call it the all pervading electromagnetic energy.
grin
Re: God Is Not The Cause Of Existence by lastmessenger: 8:26am On Aug 21, 2014
finofaya:

Abeg jor. I know you don't like it, but that is not the yard stick we use to decide what is silly.
I have heard. Later you can send me the yardstick .
Re: God Is Not The Cause Of Existence by Toyolad(m): 8:54am On Aug 21, 2014
finofaya:

Yeah. True. But you know what my likely candidate is already.

Bible God may be incorporeal, but he definitely has personhood. You don't need a body for that.

I didn't say you would cease to revere him. I just wanted to know if your reverence for him will remain the same after you find out that he is merely lucky, and not deserving.

It would be nice to not ask questions, but how much control does anyone have over their mind? I really don't understand why God shouldn't make sense.
WHAT IS YOUR LIKELY CANDIDATE?
Re: God Is Not The Cause Of Existence by Weah96: 11:42am On Aug 21, 2014
alexleo: Before creation there was no beginning and no end. No time, no day and no night. It was God that created the beginning ( read genesis 1: 1 to the end), he also created time by creating day and night. God may be the infinite(I.e. The no beginning and no ending) that was in place before the beginning. And that infinite may have power/energy, ominipresence, omnipotent, omniscient, wrath, mercy, feeling etc as what constitutes his attributes/nature.

Now names and description of things originated first from God. For example- water is called water because God called it water in creation(or whatever it is in the original language). Man is called man because God Called us man. Trees, birds, light, etc are called these things because God called them that.

This is too easy. Doesn't it ever occur to you that these answers are a bit too easy? 'God did it' cannot be used as evidence in a normal court of law. It's better to plead ignorance or IDK.
Re: God Is Not The Cause Of Existence by booblacain(m): 1:53pm On Aug 21, 2014
musKeeto:
I'm atheist.

Is that that the latest religion?
Re: God Is Not The Cause Of Existence by Nobody: 2:30pm On Aug 21, 2014
booblacain:

Is that that the latest religion?
Look up the definitions of the words atheism and religion. If you skipped classes in junior school, that's on you. Dig your way out of illiteracy; use google as a shovel.
Re: God Is Not The Cause Of Existence by finofaya: 4:42pm On Aug 21, 2014
Toyolad: WHAT IS YOUR LIKELY CANDIDATE?

Not God
Re: God Is Not The Cause Of Existence by alexleo(m): 5:08pm On Aug 21, 2014
Weah96:

This is too easy. Doesn't it ever occur to you that these answers are a bit too easy? 'God did it' cannot be used as evidence in a normal court of law. It's better to plead ignorance or IDK.

You don't have any reasonable case to make against my points. We are talking about a being who existed before creation(including your law court) and you are telling me about your law court
You don't believe in the spiritual realm while I believe and experience it so we are wide apart. Nothing states that what you don't believe doesn't exist.
The problem you have is that you want me to reason God outside the bible just like you as an atheist. Its not possible. You are an atheist and you decided to reason God outside the bible by choice. I am a christian and I decided to reason about God from biblical background by choice too. Nothing makes your choice more superior than mine. You don't drag me to reason in the line of your background. No sir.

The answer to the God question might be as easy as I have stated(or even much easier). Nothing states that it must be tough as you want me to believe.

This thread is not restricted to only those with atheistic view so park well.

2 Likes

Re: God Is Not The Cause Of Existence by Toyolad(m): 9:49pm On Aug 21, 2014
finofaya:

Not God
Okay,more like Not Our own God.But the being you're talking about,U don't consider it a supreme being,do you?
Re: God Is Not The Cause Of Existence by finofaya: 11:05pm On Aug 21, 2014
Toyolad: Okay,more like Not Our own God.But the being you're talking about,U don't consider it a supreme being,do you?

What being? I don't consider it a being. I don't like to explain the presence of one being by calling on another being. That'll simply lead one to try explain the other being.

God may be the answer to the question "why does man or life exist?" but he is scarcely the answer to the question "why does anything exist?".
Re: God Is Not The Cause Of Existence by Weah96: 5:08am On Aug 22, 2014
alexleo:

We are talking about a being who existed before creation(including your law court) and you are telling me about your law court

There are judges in the US who also happen to be Christians. How can you know that God exists, yet succumb yourself to secular courts? Islam enforces sharia law because they believe that Allah exists. It makes sense. You guys are worse than leaves blowing in the wind.
Re: God Is Not The Cause Of Existence by Toyolad(m): 8:30am On Aug 22, 2014
finofaya:

What being? I don't consider it a being. I don't like to explain the presence of one being by calling on another being. That'll simply lead one to try explain the other being.

God may be the answer to the question "why does man or life exist?" but he is scarcely the answer to the question "why does anything exist?".
He may be the answer to "why does man or life exist?"..okay

And you think He just created life without thinking about what(anything) they will need to survive

Listen bro,before man came into life,everything he would need to thrive and survive already existed!

If you think God can be the answer to how Life came to be,then who or what is the answer to how 'anything' that is needed for man's survival came to be without mentioning God

Or u telling me that two supreme beings(or somtin u dnt knw) joined hands to do d job of creation?(One created things and the other created being?)
Re: God Is Not The Cause Of Existence by finofaya: 8:53am On Aug 22, 2014
Toyolad: He may be the answer to "why does man or life exist?"..okay

And you think He just created life without thinking about what(anything) they will need to survive

Listen bro,before man came into life,everything he would need to thrive and survive already existed!

If you think God can be the answer to how Life came to be,then who or what is the answer to how 'anything' that is needed for man's survival came to be without mentioning God

Or u telling me that two supreme beings(or somtin u dnt knw) joined hands to do d job of creation?(One created things and the other created being?)

U misunderstood me bro. The 'anything' in "why does anything exist?" refers to any thing you can think of, living and non living, and to the extent that it is applicable, even God himself.
Re: God Is Not The Cause Of Existence by alexleo(m): 12:37pm On Aug 22, 2014
Weah96:

There are judges in the US who also happen to be Christians. How can you know that God exists, yet succumb yourself to secular courts? Islam enforces sharia law because they believe that Allah exists. It makes sense. You guys are worse than leaves blowing in the wind.

Secular court is where we address secular issues. The issue of God's existence is beyond the court. A day is coming when we all will stand before the judgement throne of God to give account of our lives. That's when those who are doubting will have no excuse to doubt again(but rather too late).

Spiritual realm and physical realm are wide apart. God is a spirit, we worship him in spirit and in truth. As long as you don't want to identify with the spiritual you can't understand us and you can't understand God.

Like I said before, nothing makes what you don't believe non-existent.

Feel free to make your choice and may God help you to make a wise choice. Amen.
Re: God Is Not The Cause Of Existence by Weah96: 1:52pm On Aug 22, 2014
alexleo:

Secular court is where we address secular issues.

Why are there secular issues if you guys KNOW that the character called God exists? For those of you who have spoken to God, life should have only one meaning now: complete servitude. It doesn't make sense to say God exists, and yet you're here tolerating secular courts. The only logical conclusion is that you don't know anything. You know as much as I thought I did when I was still a mental slave.
Re: God Is Not The Cause Of Existence by alexleo(m): 2:51pm On Aug 22, 2014
Re: God Is Not The Cause Of Existence by alexleo(m): 2:54pm On Aug 22, 2014
Weah96:

You know as much as I thought I did when I was still a mental slave.

You were not sure of what you professed in those days that's why you left. I am very sure of what I believe and profess.

You are also in mental slavery of your new belief(atheism).

(1) (2) (Reply)

Who Really Is The Grandfather Of Jesus / Muhammad Was Wrong, Islam Is Man Made Religion / Trinity Is Blasphemy Against God.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.