Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,011 members, 7,817,978 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:25 AM

Help!things To Consider Before Buying A Laptop! - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Help!things To Consider Before Buying A Laptop! (1540 Views)

7 Important Things You Should Consider Before Buying A Laptop / Things To Consider Before Buying Laptop / Things To Consider Before Buying A Laptop (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help!things To Consider Before Buying A Laptop! by papindinho(m): 7:52pm On Aug 19, 2014
Good evening guys, I would like to know what to look out for before the purchase of a laptop. I am about to purchase one. Kindly help so i don't purchase 'foul good'.

A friend introduced me to Lenovo windows 8. 2gb/500gb RAM/HD.... But I do wish to get a HP or Compaq brand... I have just 65k with me. Am I good to go? What should I watch out for? Which product is better? I await your response guys.

Thanks in anticipation.
Re: Help!things To Consider Before Buying A Laptop! by papindinho(m): 8:03pm On Aug 19, 2014
basic use is for, gaming, typing and other student related stuffs (not a computer science or computer engineering student)
Re: Help!things To Consider Before Buying A Laptop! by fattbabakay(m): 8:41pm On Aug 19, 2014
L0l...dis guy u don reach here....u no dey hear words?? If u wanna really game with ur PC, don't go for one wit 2gb ram...
Re: Help!things To Consider Before Buying A Laptop! by fattbabakay(m): 8:43pm On Aug 19, 2014
Re: Help!things To Consider Before Buying A Laptop! by papindinho(m): 8:45pm On Aug 19, 2014
fattbabakay: L0l...dis guy u don reach here....u no dey hear words?? If u wanna really game with ur PC, don't go for one wit 2gb ram...
lol.. How about 2gb dual core?

We go talk tho
Re: Help!things To Consider Before Buying A Laptop! by Emeka71(m): 11:36pm On Aug 19, 2014
check out for 2 gig RAM not install PES on it ane install anti-virus you are good to go with 65k for hp or compq. I bought DELL D630 last 2 months for N30,000 LONDON used.
Re: Help!things To Consider Before Buying A Laptop! by Justiceotuya(m): 9:32am On Aug 21, 2014
Papdinho since you say you need a system that can game a dual core will not really be good for playing high end games. To play games you need a core i3, core i5 or core i7 laptop. With that amount You can import a used core i5 laptop which is very good for gaming. To do that contact either lagtech or mikkyangel in the computer section. But you can only get a NEW dual core processor which is not too good for gaming if u really want a new one

1 Like

Re: Help!things To Consider Before Buying A Laptop! by Jbluv55(m): 12:30pm On Aug 21, 2014
papindinho: basic use is for, gaming, typing and other student related stuffs (not a computer science or computer engineering student)
fattbabakay: L0l...dis guy u don reach here....u no dey hear words?? If u wanna really game with ur PC, don't go for one wit 2gb ram...
Actually I agree wt fattbabakay but only to an extent.
Technically, RAM can be upgraded without much stress so, going for the one with 2G doesn't matter in the long run - just ensure its upgradable to 4G or 8G. If gaming is VERY important to you then the most crucial aspect of the laptop is the graphics card - manufacturers include Intel, ATI, NVIDIA, SIS etc. The best graphics manufacturers for a long while have been NVIDIA and ATI. Thus, the first characteristic you should look out for is the graphics card. Ensure its either of those two wink.

Then the graphics memory(though your RAM can be shared) is also important cos this is what actually houses the graphics of ur games while its playing.

Then the speed of the processor. If you would want to run many other processes while playing a game then make sure its not less than a core i3 otherwise a core2duo is still good to go.

My advice is that you check a couple of system requirements of the games that interest u the most and u should have an idea of the configuration u should get smiley.

NB: Whether Lenovo(and its a lovely system cos there aren't too many imitations) or HP or DELL or Toshiba, what u should note are the system properties. Cheers bro.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Help!things To Consider Before Buying A Laptop! by papindinho(m): 3:25pm On Aug 21, 2014
Jbluv55:

Actually I agree wt fattbabakay but only to an extent.
Technically, RAM can be upgraded without much stress so, going for the one with 2G doesn't matter in the long run - just ensure its upgradable to 4G or 8G. If gaming is VERY important to you then the most crucial aspect of the laptop is the graphics card - manufacturers include Intel, ATI, NVIDIA, SIS etc. The best graphics manufacturers for a long while have been NVIDIA and ATI. Thus, the first characteristic you should look out for is the graphics card. Ensure its either of those two wink.

Then the graphics memory(though your RAM can be shared) is also important cos this is what actually houses the graphics of ur games while its playing.

Then the speed of the processor. If you would want to run many other processes while playing a game then make sure its not less than a core i3 otherwise a core2duo is still good to go.

My advice is that you check a couple of system requirements of the games that interest u the most and u should have an idea of the configuration u should get smiley.

NB: Whether Lenovo(and its a lovely system cos there aren't too many imitations) or HP or DELL or Toshiba, what u should note are the system properties. Cheers bro.
thank you very much sir

1 Like

Re: Help!things To Consider Before Buying A Laptop! by papindinho(m): 3:28pm On Aug 21, 2014
Justiceotuya: Papdinho since you say you need a system that can game a dual core will not really be good for playing high end games. To play games you need a core i3, core i5 or core i7 laptop. With that amount You can import a used core i5 laptop which is very good for gaming. To do that contact either lagtech or mikkyangel in the computer section. But you can only get a NEW dual core processor which is not too good for gaming if u really want a new one
thank you very much sire. Well appreciated
Re: Help!things To Consider Before Buying A Laptop! by BuhBye: 7:24pm On Aug 21, 2014
Your budget is too small for a gaming laptop.

(1) (Reply)

Hp 2000 Core I3 For Sale / Used Media Pad With Wifi And 3g For Sale Sim / Stellar Data Recovery Professional 8.0 (windows)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.