Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,120 members, 7,811,147 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 02:49 AM

How To Make The Most Of Your Night Class - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / How To Make The Most Of Your Night Class (2019 Views)

A Snake Killed By A Nairalander On His Way To Night Class In Absu / A Snake A Student Of FUNAAB Killed On His Way Back From Night Class / Crowd Of Students In Night Class At Unizik, Nnewi Campus. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Make The Most Of Your Night Class by lomaxx: 8:56pm On Aug 19, 2014
University Students survive with evening and night class. On the grand scale of unending lecture hours, a busy social life and extra-curricular commitments, one can always fall back on this time-proven strategy to buck his/her CGPA up to maximum reality. To ensure that you don't attend evening/night classes in vain, be careful to apply the following:

1) ARRIVE ON TIME

Arriving for a night class by 11pm or for an evening class by 9pm (to retire to your hostel by 10pm) isnt a smart way to study in those circumstances. By the time you must have spent 20 minutes settling in, choosing a good spot and aligning your mind to the task ahead, you must have used a good chunk of time for preliminaries. Arrive at a very good time - the earliest time possible. You will achieve much and still have sufficient time for good rest.

2) CHOOSE A WELL-LIGHTED AREA

The amount of light in a study area (especially at evenings and nights) is directly proportional to ease of study, interest in the study material, and overall concentration for the time invested in study. Studying in a well-lit area keeps your mind alert and increases your brain absorptive capacity per time.

3) HAVE A SHORT-TERM GOAL

If you must sacrifice useful sleep time to make up for unattended academic work, you need a goal for that period of time. Short-term goals keeps you focused on the target, aligns your priority for that brief moment on the subject matter and comprehensively affords you the luxury of celebrating achievement for that brief moment. A popular maxim goes, "he who fails to plan, plans to fail"

4) DELETE DISTRACTIONS

Between study time, social networks, meaningless chats from passersby, unending phone calls and staring at pretty girls in class, time isn't a luxury you afford right now. The main reason you embarked on a night class is because you were short-changed on time. Wisdom demands that you use that time wisely to accomplish the goals you set out for. So unless you have an emergency to attend to soon, switch off your phones, stay off social media, keep greetings short and make ample use of short time.

5) STUDY SMART

Adapt study techniques that are beneficial to the time involved and study goals to be achieved. This is not time to impress yourself with pages of heavy study material. Your study target should be to amass points and knowledge of what you need to know- a course outline highlighting what you need to know at the end of a subject should come in handy here. Also, attending classes unfailingly enables you to study smart. Unlike those who didn't, you don't need to go over the whole material. You focus on what the lecturer taught in class. Remember- studying smart is key.

6) REVERSE YOUR ASSIGNMENT SCHEDULE

Doing assignments during a study time in night class isn't the best ways to invest your time. Try to invest available time during the day to do your assignments, term papers and seminars. Co-habitating study and assignments within microscopic time in on the all-time overbearing for efficiency and productivity.

7) EAT A LIGHT DINNER

Loading yourself with Fufu and Afang just before you go for your night class would not make your study more efficient. It is counter-productive by all standards. It will make you dull, heavy and resistant to mental flexibility.

8.) BRING SNACKS

You need to be high in energy to pull a night class successfully. Your brain consumes the most energy in your body and you shouldn't be surprised if you begin to get hungry soon. Snacks come in handy to build up your energy to optimum levels ensuring it lasts you the entire study period.

9) DON'T ENGAGE IN HEAVY EXERCISE JUST BEFORE THEN

If you must burn some fat, or add some muscle or keep fit with exercise, few hours to your night class is not the best time to pull this through. Engaging in heavy exercise just before night class will build up lactic acid in your circulation and cause muscle fatigue.

10) ENSURE YOU ARE WELL COVERED

Cold, and mosquitoes are sufficient indications for proper self covering during a night class. You don't want to be distracted by mosquitoes bites at random body parts or the cold trying to permeate your skin. This serves the purpose of keeping your focus on the study material and enabling you to achieve the goal you initially set out for.

I wish you good success in all your endeavours.

See you at the top!!!

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How To Make The Most Of Your Night Class by Nobody: 9:31pm On Aug 19, 2014
Knew all that. For these reasons my night studies yield positive outcomes.

Thanks anyway...

3 Likes

Re: How To Make The Most Of Your Night Class by Wiinnd(m): 10:26pm On Aug 19, 2014
Thanks my man!
Re: How To Make The Most Of Your Night Class by codedflowz(m): 1:55am On Aug 20, 2014
Thanks Op.

Night classes are always interesting

There are lots of things to do wink and I don't mean Reading

Things that are Very Very Good ( Y'all know what I mean.)

1 Like

Re: How To Make The Most Of Your Night Class by taiocol: 1:05pm On Aug 20, 2014
study smart should be no one
Re: How To Make The Most Of Your Night Class by kavey10(m): 6:14pm On Aug 21, 2014
You forgot to include a basic and important point. SLEEP!!

A 30mins to 1hr sleep would do you no harm but benefits! After a stressful day you just can't head out to night class, you'd be useless!

For me, as long as I haven't hit the 8:30p.m deadline, I make sure I sleep to my content, mostly a 30mins nap and then watch me go till 12-1a.m.

The Brain needs rest! Reading is all about your Brain... and maybe your stomach (I most times run out on snacks, painful). Thanks

2 Likes

Re: How To Make The Most Of Your Night Class by leonard509(m): 6:54pm On Aug 21, 2014
Nice one bro ..... Ii read with music playing in my headphones . .good or bad , pls quote me
Re: How To Make The Most Of Your Night Class by smartdave1: 7:36pm On Aug 21, 2014
leonard509: Nice one bro ..... Ii read with music playing in my headphones . .good or bad , pls quote me
I do same, tho' not when i'm doing *tough* *calculations*

1 Like

Re: How To Make The Most Of Your Night Class by Gleefreak125(m): 7:50pm On Aug 21, 2014
leonard509: Nice one bro ..... Ii read with music playing in my headphones . .good or bad , pls quote me
Well I hear som pple say dat works well 4 dem, Mr smartdave is a gud example bt me its a no no. I cherish absolute quiet while readin n even a low tune of music can distract me. It kinds of divide my attention n myt end up humming d music so, I do away wit stuffs lyk dat. I could b gud 4 u doe jst make sure its as low as possible so u dont distract others who myt not lyk it around u.
Re: How To Make The Most Of Your Night Class by Nobody: 8:48pm On Aug 21, 2014
...i stopped going to nyt class in 200 level cos of mosquitoes n d cold at nyt....i also discovered anoda method den too....
... Caffeine (nescafe) became my bestfwend den....i started readn in my rum (not on d bed oo)....i usually sleep very early..wake up arnd 10pm n read....stop around 3am..den slip....twas interesting...

3 Likes

Re: How To Make The Most Of Your Night Class by Joeprince2nd: 1:15pm On Aug 22, 2014
I'm dilighted to b in ur midst
Re: How To Make The Most Of Your Night Class by lomaxx: 7:48pm On Aug 25, 2014
temigracie: ...i stopped going to nyt class in 200 level cos of mosquitoes n d cold at nyt....i also discovered anoda method den too....
... Caffeine (nescafe) became my bestfwend den....i started readn in my rum (not on d bed oo)....i usually sleep very early..wake up arnd 10pm n read....stop around 3am..den slip....twas interesting...

There's a method I have. You would sleep 8 hours every night.

And still make your As
Re: How To Make The Most Of Your Night Class by ninja4life(m): 7:07am On Sep 02, 2014
lomaxx:

And still make your As
mind sharing d method?
Re: How To Make The Most Of Your Night Class by Olarewajub: 9:11am On Sep 02, 2014
lomaxx:

And still make your As
I think it depends on your lecture schedule.
Re: How To Make The Most Of Your Night Class by Nobody: 9:24am On Sep 02, 2014
lomaxx: University Students survive with evening and night class. On the grand scale of unending lecture hours, a busy social life and extra-curricular commitments, one can always fall back on this time-proven strategy to buck his/her CGPA up to maximum reality. To ensure that you don't attend evening/night classes in vain, be careful to apply the following:

1) ARRIVE ON TIME

Arriving for a night class by 11pm or for an evening class by 9pm (to retire to your hostel by 10pm) isnt a smart way to study in those circumstances. By the time you must have spent 20 minutes settling in, choosing a good spot and aligning your mind to the task ahead, you must have used a good chunk of time for preliminaries. Arrive at a very good time - the earliest time possible. You will achieve much and still have sufficient time for good rest.

2) CHOOSE A WELL-LIGHTED AREA

The amount of light in a study area (especially at evenings and nights) is directly proportional to ease of study, interest in the study material, and overall concentration for the time invested in study. Studying in a well-lit area keeps your mind alert and increases your brain absorptive capacity per time.

3) HAVE A SHORT-TERM GOAL

If you must sacrifice useful sleep time to make up for unattended academic work, you need a goal for that period of time. Short-term goals keeps you focused on the target, aligns your priority for that brief moment on the subject matter and comprehensively affords you the luxury of celebrating achievement for that brief moment. A popular maxim goes, "he who fails to plan, plans to fail"

4) DELETE DISTRACTIONS

Between study time, social networks, meaningless chats from passersby, unending phone calls and staring at pretty girls in class, time isn't a luxury you afford right now. The main reason you embarked on a night class is because you were short-changed on time. Wisdom demands that you use that time wisely to accomplish the goals you set out for. So unless you have an emergency to attend to soon, switch off your phones, stay off social media, keep greetings short and make ample use of short time.

5) STUDY SMART

Adapt study techniques that are beneficial to the time involved and study goals to be achieved. This is not time to impress yourself with pages of heavy study material. Your study target should be to amass points and knowledge of what you need to know- a course outline highlighting what you need to know at the end of a subject should come in handy here. Also, attending classes unfailingly enables you to study smart. Unlike those who didn't, you don't need to go over the whole material. You focus on what the lecturer taught in class. Remember- studying smart is key.

6) REVERSE YOUR ASSIGNMENT SCHEDULE

Doing assignments during a study time in night class isn't the best ways to invest your time. Try to invest available time during the day to do your assignments, term papers and seminars. Co-habitating study and assignments within microscopic time in on the all-time overbearing for efficiency and productivity.

7) EAT A LIGHT DINNER

Loading yourself with Fufu and Afang just before you go for your night class would not make your study more efficient. It is counter-productive by all standards. It will make you dull, heavy and resistant to mental flexibility.

8.) BRING SNACKS

You need to be high in energy to pull a night class successfully. Your brain consumes the most energy in your body and you shouldn't be surprised if you begin to get hungry soon. Snacks come in handy to build up your energy to optimum levels ensuring it lasts you the entire study period.

9) DON'T ENGAGE IN HEAVY EXERCISE JUST BEFORE THEN

If you must burn some fat, or add some muscle or keep fit with exercise, few hours to your night class is not the best time to pull this through. Engaging in heavy exercise just before night class will build up lactic acid in your circulation and cause muscle fatigue.

10) ENSURE YOU ARE WELL COVERED

Cold, and mosquitoes are sufficient indications for proper self covering during a night class. You don't want to be distracted by mosquitoes bites at random body parts or the cold trying to permeate your skin. This serves the purpose of keeping your focus on the study material and enabling you to achieve the goal you initially set out for.

I wish you good success in all your endeavours.

See you at the top!!!

That night class na shît jare. Distractions here and there. Well, its always sweeter when exam is fast approaching because many unserious students would have been serious by then. But if you say you are going for night class at the early days of the semester, you'll deceive yourself big time which will just leave you with no choice but to read at home.
Re: How To Make The Most Of Your Night Class by Skykid1208(m): 8:48am On Sep 03, 2014
Re: How To Make The Most Of Your Night Class by Rutheby(f): 12:58pm On Sep 23, 2014
lomaxx:

And still make your As
Share pls

(1) (Reply)

Masters In Environmental Management Course Information Unilag. / 5 Ways To Talk To A Woman Online And Get Her Attention / Federal College Of Education Umunze Old School Day

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.