Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,741 members, 7,817,047 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:50 AM

Ekiti Govt Accused Of Feeding Kids With 'Juju Cutlery' - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ekiti Govt Accused Of Feeding Kids With 'Juju Cutlery' (9574 Views)

Ekiti Govt Begins Work At Airport Site / Workers Salary: APC Should Stop Being Shameless – Ekiti Govt / Deputy Governor Has Not Resigned - Ekiti Govt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ekiti Govt Accused Of Feeding Kids With 'Juju Cutlery' by PepERSprAY: 3:32pm On Oct 22, 2008
Ekiti: School feeding: Parents accuse govt of using charms
From Toba Suleiman in Ado-Ekiti, 10.22.2008
Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Parents in Ekiti State yesterday  accused the state government of using  “juju cups, plates and spoons,” to feed their children and wards during school hours.

The state government commenced the school feeding policy last year. The feeding programme, which started precisely May last year, where pupils and students in public primary and secondary schools are fed twice a week, with eggs and chocolate, was part of Governor Segun Oni’s campaign promises to the people of the state, if voted into power.

Commissioner for Education and Technology, Mrs Abiola Ayimonche, described the allegation as “another Action Congress (AC) propaganda,” urging the people of the state to disregard it.

She said, “that kind of talk is AC propaganda and the allegation is manufactured by the AC.  This government wants to improve the nutrition of our children and when somebody does a laudable project like this, the person deserves commendation.”

However, yesterday’s parents’ peaceful  protest started during a Parents-Teachers Association (PTA) meeting  at the Holy Trinity Primary School,  Okesa, Ado-Ekiti, when angry parents alleged discovery of what they called “demonic incisions” on  cups, plates and spoons being used to feed their children.

Source disclosed that the meeting begun peacefully with the parents and teachers discussing about the progress of the school, neatness and personal hygiene of the students and other matters affecting the pupils and the school, until the issue  was mentioned by  a male parent.

The trouble actually started when the parent narrated his experience before others started reacting, the source said.

http://odili.net/news/source/2008/oct/22/214.html
Re: Ekiti Govt Accused Of Feeding Kids With 'Juju Cutlery' by ifyalways(f): 5:01am On Oct 23, 2008
stories,superstitions and propagandas.
If the parents of the fed kids don't appreciate it,what stops the govt from stopping some other people like street urchins and beggars might appreciate such gestures,why don't they extend it to them undecided why must everything be connected with juju?
Re: Ekiti Govt Accused Of Feeding Kids With 'Juju Cutlery' by blackspade(m): 5:06am On Oct 23, 2008
LOL! When will we stop hearing these stories of people complaining about juju? grin grin grin
Re: Ekiti Govt Accused Of Feeding Kids With 'Juju Cutlery' by PepERSprAY: 6:54am On Oct 23, 2008
LOL! When will we stop hearing these stories of people complaining about juju?

When citizens can afford to feed themselves thrice daily.
Re: Ekiti Govt Accused Of Feeding Kids With 'Juju Cutlery' by lexicon(m): 7:33am On Oct 23, 2008
Nigerians and our belief juju . . . . . . . na wah ooooooo
Re: Ekiti Govt Accused Of Feeding Kids With 'Juju Cutlery' by richo(m): 7:49am On Oct 23, 2008
in nigeriaq of today u cant be too sure sha!!
Re: Ekiti Govt Accused Of Feeding Kids With 'Juju Cutlery' by Okijajuju1(m): 8:02am On Oct 23, 2008
Whats all this Juju thing again??

Juju this, juju that. . . . . . . wetin sef?? angry angry angry angry

Make una free me.
Re: Ekiti Govt Accused Of Feeding Kids With 'Juju Cutlery' by lobinoxebe(m): 8:10am On Oct 23, 2008
Nigerians sha, I schooled in ekiti state and i know most of the parents there are not that exposed, so to say,

Can you see what Ignorance is causing,

wetin be juju for this kin thing again,

Na wah for our people oooo
Re: Ekiti Govt Accused Of Feeding Kids With 'Juju Cutlery' by marydre: 8:11am On Oct 23, 2008
i tire o
Re: Ekiti Govt Accused Of Feeding Kids With 'Juju Cutlery' by tobaaro(m): 8:16am On Oct 23, 2008
Anything is possible in ds country oo!
Let's not say because we belong2 a jet-age, witches dont fly??
Re: Ekiti Govt Accused Of Feeding Kids With 'Juju Cutlery' by Scopium: 8:23am On Oct 23, 2008
[size=13pt]Why do people deceive themselves that something like juju doesn't exist but believe that God protects them from evil. What evil is that? Not contacting AIDS when you have unprotected sex with an AIDS patient?[/size]
Re: Ekiti Govt Accused Of Feeding Kids With 'Juju Cutlery' by lobinoxebe(m): 9:05am On Oct 23, 2008
one thing i believe is that they cant initiate the whle community at once,

Do you know that not all juju are the same,

just same as we have christian and muslim we have catholic and CAC people,

So one set of Juju cannot initiate all students and some students self are Juju themself
Re: Ekiti Govt Accused Of Feeding Kids With 'Juju Cutlery' by MCUsman(m): 9:13am On Oct 23, 2008
shocked shocked shocked shocked Shocked

Comming from the most educated & highly civilized state in Nigeria.
Re: Ekiti Govt Accused Of Feeding Kids With 'Juju Cutlery' by RichyBlacK(m): 9:28am On Oct 23, 2008
*Earlier posted on a different thread*

naijaking1:

Juju is one strong indicator that Africa is really backward. Many societies reserve magic/juju for purely children's entertainment, no, not in Africa. Juju remains the cornerstone of many Africa's ideology, negative and backward for ever.

When you state this clearly and give myriad evidence of why juju is just fable, some Nigerians will bring God into the picture and try to make the following idiotic claim: If you believe in God then you must acknowledge that the Devil exists, hence juju is real.

The above argument is easily defeated by asking one question: George W. Bush is a born-again Christian, do you think he believes juju exists?

Basically, can they claim that the billions of Christians around the world who would laugh at some Nigerian that believes juju can stop the Earth's rotation or stop the high-velocity shell of an armored tank, don't believe in God?

Juju is a product of our culture; like every culture, there are tricksters and con men. Juju was just a con man's way of attracting confidence and entrenching fear in the minds of ignorant villagers. It is meaningless and has as much power as a bucket of nails.

I have profound respect for our traditional culture, however, like all cultures, tyrants sometimes seize the prevailing thoughts and manufacture lies to subdue the weak at heart. Those tyrants told our forefathers to kill twins, triplets, etc., sold some of them as slaves to the White man for a profit, and told them (our forefathers) that if they pointed their fingers at their (the tyrants) houses, their fingers would bend! (LOLZ! Anybody heard that crap while growing up?).

Too bad for those tyrants because their reign is over! A new generation of Nigerians, that can reason and see through the longest-running 419 in Nigeria's history, are growing up and would tear down those useless dirty shrines, used to perpetuate a culture of fear. Let those fools wear their juju vest and confront the kinetic energy of an RPG grin.

As long as a substantial percentage of sub-Saharan Africans believe in the fable of juju, Africa's position as the least developed, most backward continent on Earth is assured!
Re: Ekiti Govt Accused Of Feeding Kids With 'Juju Cutlery' by RichyBlacK(m): 9:37am On Oct 23, 2008
Scopium:

[size=13pt]Why do people deceive themselves that something like juju doesn't exist but believe that God protects them from evil. What evil is that? Not contacting AIDS when you have unprotected sex with an AIDS patient?[/size]

One question for you bro:

Do the millions of White people speaking in tongues in evangelical ministries across America believe in God, even though they'll laugh at you if you tell them that juju in a Nigerian hut can kill George W. Bush in the White House?
Re: Ekiti Govt Accused Of Feeding Kids With 'Juju Cutlery' by RichyBlacK(m): 9:44am On Oct 23, 2008
What juju can stop the rounds from an armored tank?

Re: Ekiti Govt Accused Of Feeding Kids With 'Juju Cutlery' by RichyBlacK(m): 9:51am On Oct 23, 2008
The notion that some guy chanting gibberish in a dirty hut somewhere in Ekiti can supernaturally influence the physical/natural world we live in (beyond the obvious effects like vibrating the air molecules in the vicinity of the hut, etc.) is absolutely ludicrous.

The concept of juju is entirely fraudulent.
Re: Ekiti Govt Accused Of Feeding Kids With 'Juju Cutlery' by RichyBlacK(m): 9:57am On Oct 23, 2008
[img]http://www.ghanaweb.biz/GHP/img/pics/news/45392181.optim.jpg[/img]

A Ghana fan wearing a pot of burning incense on his head and holding a 'juju' magic charm in his left hand dances to the sound of trumpets and drums before the African Nations Cup Group D soccer match between Ghana and Zimbabwe.
[size=18pt]
Score:  Ghana 1-2 Zimbabwe[/size]

Source: http://www.ghanaweb.com/GhanaHomePage/NewsArchive/photo.day.php?ID=97905
Re: Ekiti Govt Accused Of Feeding Kids With 'Juju Cutlery' by Arnold1(m): 10:05am On Oct 23, 2008
RichyBlacK:

What juju can stop the rounds from an armored tank?

I am sitting here laughing my behind off grin grin

not sure if it was meant to be funny, but it sure was

I'm not sure if the juju story is true sha. What 'll be the govt's motive ?
Re: Ekiti Govt Accused Of Feeding Kids With 'Juju Cutlery' by favcom(m): 10:05am On Oct 23, 2008
Hmmmmmmmmmm embarassed
GOD help us in this country sha undecided
Re: Ekiti Govt Accused Of Feeding Kids With 'Juju Cutlery' by shollyaj(m): 10:12am On Oct 23, 2008
Very funny, grin grin cheesy cheesy
Re: Ekiti Govt Accused Of Feeding Kids With 'Juju Cutlery' by asitis(f): 10:25am On Oct 23, 2008
I don't even know know what to say to this grin grin grin
Re: Ekiti Govt Accused Of Feeding Kids With 'Juju Cutlery' by adconline(m): 10:29am On Oct 23, 2008
what can you do when Governors went to Okija shrine to take oath with their political God fathers? What can you do when NDDC Chairman gave millions of dollars and pounds to "Juju man" to  "burn" for rituals as if the "juju man" does not know the difference between old newspapers and real dollars and pounds.What can you do when some northern elders would rather see kids die of childhood killer diseases than get vacination, because Americans put "juju" into their  vacines. Ignorance thrives because the govt is the greatest beneficairy, so it can sometimes work against the govt as well.
Re: Ekiti Govt Accused Of Feeding Kids With 'Juju Cutlery' by onyxgirl(f): 10:36am On Oct 23, 2008
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
hhmmmmmmmmmmmmmn nigerians na wa o
Re: Ekiti Govt Accused Of Feeding Kids With 'Juju Cutlery' by nomanicole(f): 11:27am On Oct 23, 2008
i'm completely lost for words,i mean, nothing is impossible in dis our country but what will he gain? why would he do that to kids not his political opponents since that is what they are known for,hiaaaaaa.i don't think i agree o!
Re: Ekiti Govt Accused Of Feeding Kids With 'Juju Cutlery' by MrCrackles(m): 11:31am On Oct 23, 2008
chei, Nigeria and voodoo!!
Re: Ekiti Govt Accused Of Feeding Kids With 'Juju Cutlery' by nomanicole(f): 11:35am On Oct 23, 2008
i doubt it oh! are yu sure its not the work of his enemies? that parent must 've been paid to say something like tat ,then his friends supported the motion.that parent must be questioned.ha,if its true,i bow oh!is that meant to make him live a 100yrs or stay 150 yrs in office.oga ooo!
Re: Ekiti Govt Accused Of Feeding Kids With 'Juju Cutlery' by kevchina: 12:02pm On Oct 23, 2008
I think most people in abroad that does not visit naija often will find it difficult to beleive that devil have power in naija,some of the people u see as human being moving in naija are devil themselves oo!!!!!!!! all man have to be careful anything can happen in that country,if u don't care be careless with your life in naija let them fire you one OTULUMOKPO u will beleive that juju exits in naija lol!
Re: Ekiti Govt Accused Of Feeding Kids With 'Juju Cutlery' by lobinoxebe(m): 12:12pm On Oct 23, 2008
Lets look at it this way,

Could the Governor be Initiating these kids for his second Term Vote?

Most of these kids are not even up to the age to cast a vote

If it is true, What is he gaining it for?
hmmmm, I don't  know oooo, Most Parents in Ekiti state are Either Christian,Muslim or Tradioal People,

I mean christianity in that state is too much so they believe anything like that oooo

They believe in JUJU wella ooooo

wooo, i no get point again,

but make we no lie,

JUJU DEY OOOOOO
Re: Ekiti Govt Accused Of Feeding Kids With 'Juju Cutlery' by Chikobi: 1:05pm On Oct 23, 2008
Folks, one of the merit of education is that it replaces an empty mind with an open one. It gives one the ability to look at issues from various perspectives before making judgement. Rationally speaking, I think the allegations levelled against Ekiti state government should be investigated. Most of us deny the existence and efficacy of real 'juju' in the African context all in the name of civilisation and western borrowed science. Juju in government is not new in this part of the globe. I remember vividly the confessions made during the Oputa panel about buried human skulls at different spots within the federal capital territory during the Abacha junta, I also remember the otokoto incidence and need I mention Okija shrine? The earlier we come to terms with the immediate happenings in our society, the better for us. Majority of our leaders crave for more money and power and care less about the welfare of their followers therefore, it is not strange to see them seek to gain their selfish interest through diabolical means. For those of you who dont believe in juju, I've witnessed the story of a wife who couldn't conceive for 15 long years and guess what? After much fasting and prayers without ceasing, her step mum confessed she used diabolical means to prevent her from doing so and months later she conceived and gave birth to a bouncing baby girl. How can u explain that? It is true that some of these juju are fake or ineffective but just like science, it doest have answers or solutions to all problems. I bet u that if westerners were the occupants of Africa, i can only imagine the volumes of documentations that would have resulted from research on this 'juju' thing. Infact, they would have been harnessing the benefits from the research now. It is common sense to recognise the existence of evil if we believe in the existence of good. It is also understandable for a westerner to deny the existence of juju but foolish for an African to do so, because I think we should base our judgement on the day to day activities or happenings in our respective immediate society. Not too long ago, former aviation minister, Fani Kayode(a highly educated gentleman) cited the witchcraft factor as responsible for the disasters we've witnessed in our aviation sector. Nobody gave his claims credence eventhough I thought he should have been interrogated and his claims investigated.
Bross and sisis, lets keep an open mind to these issues because anything is possible. Finally, like i said earlier Ekiti state government should be investigated and if found innocent-exonerated otherwise-impeach
Re: Ekiti Govt Accused Of Feeding Kids With 'Juju Cutlery' by RichDad1(m): 4:16pm On Oct 23, 2008
@chikobi,
I totally agree with you.TIA (This Is Africa)anything can happen.and for those of you that insists theres no JUJU .There earlier you know the better. undecided
Re: Ekiti Govt Accused Of Feeding Kids With 'Juju Cutlery' by plusQueen: 5:01pm On Oct 23, 2008
Our people can be very stupid (excuse me).
Shouldn't this Governor Oni be commended and emulated by the rest of his counterparts in other states for giving meals twice a week to the pupils .
I don't understand why chocolate is part of the program but egg and other nutritious things are great for these young kids and here we have parents complaining of juju?
And the juju is not on the eggs,not on the chocolates,not on the fruit juice,not on the oranges and bananas they may have been given but on the plates,the cups and the spoons.

This is a very simple thing to solve with 2 options.

The kids whose parents made the juju allegation can either

1[b].Bring their own plates,cups and spoons to avoid being "jujufied"[/b]

or

2.Keep their "long throat" away from the food so that children whose parent's don't feel the same way will have enough to eat.

Is it by force to eat the "juju meals" ?

We have serious issues,I tell ya

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Femi Gbajabiamila: The Decision To Relieve Jibrin Was A Collective One / Shehu Sani: Why I Should Be Re-elected Kaduna Central Senator / Aspirants Oppose APC’s Consensus Option For National Chairmanship

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.