Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,227 members, 7,818,770 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:49 AM

Students On FG Scholarship Begging For Food In Russia - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Students On FG Scholarship Begging For Food In Russia (24363 Views)

Non-academic Students On The Rise In Nigerian Universities- NTA / OOU Students On Protest Over The Reduction Of School Fee / Niger Delta University Students On Rag Day (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Students On FG Scholarship Begging For Food In Russia by sugaarbear(m): 12:30am On Aug 20, 2014
stories like this makes me ...wonder why i was born a nigerian...hardly you go hear good news from this country......please lord i need a blue passport

2 Likes

Re: Students On FG Scholarship Begging For Food In Russia by ayukdaboss(m): 12:30am On Aug 20, 2014
hmm
Re: Students On FG Scholarship Begging For Food In Russia by eveblast(f): 12:31am On Aug 20, 2014
Please can this government for once do something right. If it were there children will they abandon them this way

2 Likes

Re: Students On FG Scholarship Begging For Food In Russia by moneybag100: 12:32am On Aug 20, 2014
Am sure the money is ending up in some people account....this country of ours is really SUCK!!!

5 Likes

Re: Students On FG Scholarship Begging For Food In Russia by vislabraye(m): 12:36am On Aug 20, 2014
It's a shame. The goverment can hardly complete any project they begin. Russia is no easy place to live with cash Oh. The cold can kill.

1 Like

Re: Students On FG Scholarship Begging For Food In Russia by Odunharry(m): 12:37am On Aug 20, 2014
vision2050: Ronaldo nko he scored?
no..Rodriguez

2 Likes

Re: Students On FG Scholarship Begging For Food In Russia by 19naia(m): 12:42am On Aug 20, 2014
Nigeria has a very long history of not paying the salaries of its government workers.. Even lecturers in Nigerian Universities have experienced unpaid salaries, and thats not even students depending on stipends... Even Hard workers who earn the pay are sometimes left to go unpaid for extended periods.. It is Nigeria and its not taken as seriously as it should be....
You cant grow a nation no matter how hard the people work and contribute, if the rewards are constantly funneled down the drains of hidden people who don't make real contributions...
If i remember correctly, as a child my family was headed by a masters degree holder who was employed in a head position in his government workplace of higher education.. We went hungry for years, because salaries were not paid and work was still demanded thereby leaving no time to find other ways to earn money.. Conscripted into government work for no pay.. Slavery, they slave and are not free to go and find sustenance elsewhere..

These students must not know what awaits them even after returning to Nigeria with accomplished degrees and eagerness to go to work..
I have never forgotten how i was from a household of a head of department and masters degree holder and i was wondering why it happened that vendors in the open market had food to eat better than we did.. Even when taking a trek to a bush village to buy Garri and the uneducated farmer had bountiful supply of garri, yam and more... It made me wonder what the value of education was if the uneducated farmers family was eating better than the master degree holding head of department.. It taught me well that the system is foul, corrupt.. I don't value education system as much as i value real life learning now and i am happy not to have to depend on Nigeria's economy for anything.. I am better off free and not committed to a system that does not commit to me.. My free time will allow me to find rewarding commitments to keep me from starving.. Even if i have to farm or sell in a market, i wont be a fool with a high degree slaving away as government demands while i cannot even serve food on my plate and sustain my body well enough to not be overun by disease which is what happens when people go extended time with low food and bad diet...

7 Likes

Re: Students On FG Scholarship Begging For Food In Russia by deeobserver209(m): 12:50am On Aug 20, 2014
This is obviously the failure of the Nigerian Embassy in Russia. One of the major problems facing our foreign missions abroad is the inaction of some of our embassies. Though most of them are on a tight budget schedule. They need to be funded adequately to carry out their duties.

3 Likes

Re: Students On FG Scholarship Begging For Food In Russia by Nobody: 12:55am On Aug 20, 2014
What a disgrace to the GIANT of Africa. At least, the students should have lodged complains with the Nigerian embassy before going to beg for food! Please, pack your baggage and leave Russia. There is going to be hunger in that country soon as European sanctions on exporting Agricultural produce to that nation. Stone-headed Nigerians in their stupidity in Russia.

1 Like

Re: Students On FG Scholarship Begging For Food In Russia by 50calibre(m): 12:56am On Aug 20, 2014
vicadex07: The Federal government commiserates with the affected students. We will immediately set up a committee to look into this issue and all culprits will be brought to book.
This is an embarrassment to our nation.

undecided

Noise!!! Typical Nigerian government line, always setting up committees.

3 Likes

Re: Students On FG Scholarship Begging For Food In Russia by vicadex07(m): 1:00am On Aug 20, 2014
50calibre:

Noise!!! Typical Nigerian government line, always setting up committees.

Calm down bro. I was just being sarcastic. Those above are my lines cheesy

1 Like

Re: Students On FG Scholarship Begging For Food In Russia by 50calibre(m): 1:02am On Aug 20, 2014
all4naija: What a disgrace to the GIANT of Africa. At least, the students should have lodged complains with the Nigerian embassy before going to beg for food! Please, pack your baggage and leave Russia. There is going to be hunger in that country soon as European sanction exporting Agricultural produce to that nation. Stone-headed Nigerians in their stupidity in Russia.

Shut up!!! You're talk like if you're offered a cleaning job in Russia, you won't jump on it.

It's better to live like a king in the jungle than a dog in the city, in America you belong to the lowest calibre, shining shoes & clearing sewage pipes don't make you a king to anyone.

4 Likes

Re: Students On FG Scholarship Begging For Food In Russia by 50calibre(m): 1:03am On Aug 20, 2014
vicadex07:

Calm down bro. I was just being sarcastic. Those above are my lines cheesy

Lol I know!!

They are the typical line of the federal government, you know them very well.

2 Likes

Re: Students On FG Scholarship Begging For Food In Russia by vicadex07(m): 1:06am On Aug 20, 2014
50calibre:

Lol I know!!

They are the typical line of the federal government, you know them very well.
grin
Re: Students On FG Scholarship Begging For Food In Russia by Nobody: 1:26am On Aug 20, 2014
50calibre:

Shut up!!! You're talk like if you're offered a cleaning job in Russia, you won't jump on it.

It's better to live like a king in the jungle than a dog in the city, in America you belong to the lowest calibre, shining shoes & clearing sewage pipes don't make you a king to anyone.
What are you talking about, you i d i o t? Nigerian students should leave Russia now that it's right to do so. Not when the skinheads in their hunger start channeling their angers toward them. Bunch of deaf-ears indeed!
Re: Students On FG Scholarship Begging For Food In Russia by nyt3237(m): 1:45am On Aug 20, 2014
Story that touches the kidney heart
Re: Students On FG Scholarship Begging For Food In Russia by biz2get(m): 1:54am On Aug 20, 2014
Anyone wih Blackberry Charger here? my bb wa die abeg.. even light sef no dey ....

Chai What a Country!

1 Like

Re: Students On FG Scholarship Begging For Food In Russia by segradino(m): 1:55am On Aug 20, 2014

1 Like

Re: Students On FG Scholarship Begging For Food In Russia by biz2get(m): 1:55am On Aug 20, 2014
nyt3237: Story that touches the kidney heart

but passes through the lungs.. tongue

3 Likes

Re: Students On FG Scholarship Begging For Food In Russia by TeamclicksAir: 1:59am On Aug 20, 2014
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm... FG in the news
Re: Students On FG Scholarship Begging For Food In Russia by Archildao: 2:23am On Aug 20, 2014
Ksslib:
add "ed" for your fail, i go tell you score.
Badt Guy!
Re: Students On FG Scholarship Begging For Food In Russia by Drogo(m): 2:48am On Aug 20, 2014
The nation is failing in every aspect. May God help us. . .

1 Like

Re: Students On FG Scholarship Begging For Food In Russia by Ekundayo7: 3:00am On Aug 20, 2014
That money is sitting in someone's account gaining interest, you can bet on it. Time to squeeze these ticks sucking money off the FG, which is THE PEOPLE'S MONEY, NOT THEIR OWN PRIVATE ACCOUNT TO DO WITH AS THEY WISH.

2 Likes

Re: Students On FG Scholarship Begging For Food In Russia by kingthreat(m): 4:22am On Aug 20, 2014
is anything actually working in Nigeria?

1 Like

Re: Students On FG Scholarship Begging For Food In Russia by Nobody: 4:29am On Aug 20, 2014
Funniest thing is that somebody out there is feeding fat on the money meant for their scheme.Nigeria,we hail thee..everybody in authority wants to make it at any cost.

3 Likes

Re: Students On FG Scholarship Begging For Food In Russia by duni04(m): 4:52am On Aug 20, 2014
Goes to show that there is nothing like awoof in this country. If Nigeria is giving you something free, just expect the worst to come out of it.Their parents should have made contigency plans incase of the Nigerian factor, which is what is happening now.

2 Likes

Re: Students On FG Scholarship Begging For Food In Russia by gbengatronics(m): 5:08am On Aug 20, 2014
just imagine what would have happened to my colleague who was given admission to Russia, but denying him the admission by given it to another of his colleagues.

1 Like

Re: Students On FG Scholarship Begging For Food In Russia by queenyetty09(f): 5:21am On Aug 20, 2014
Go to Jordan n UAE n see how d ex-millitants sponsored by FG r living large on naija money. They live in hotels for yrs with good food 3ce daily,monthly allowance n daily transport to n fro sch. Smh for my country

Now I know y people r rushing to get slots into d militant group

5 Likes

Re: Students On FG Scholarship Begging For Food In Russia by popson1st: 5:27am On Aug 20, 2014
Where are the Jonathan group?

1 Like

Re: Students On FG Scholarship Begging For Food In Russia by wayne4loan: 5:41am On Aug 20, 2014
What a shame... Only in 9ja

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Morenike Toyin Folayan: I Divorced Because Of My Career / What Does "OK" Stand For? / Charles Jide-Oni: OAU Disowns ‘Professor’ Arraigned For Fraud By EFCC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.