Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,000 members, 7,866,783 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 04:08 AM

Half-free Is Never Freedom – To Whom It May Concern - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Half-free Is Never Freedom – To Whom It May Concern (402 Views)

Attention Rockstation, Ishilove And To Whom It May Concern... / To Whom It May Concern: nobody Loves Me,even On My Birthday! / Freedom To Delete Your Account If You Wish To Leave Nairaland. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Half-free Is Never Freedom – To Whom It May Concern by shaf: 3:17am On Aug 20, 2014
“If freedom of speech is taken away, then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter.” ― George Washington

I wish to have titled this piece ‘In Defence of John Danfulani’, but I understand that the gentleman in question had filed a lawsuit in the Industrial Court and I have no intention of tampering or pre-empting a judicial proceeding. Therefore, my piece is more of an advice to anyone or any organ of government that wish to be used to intimidate any citizen into silence by fiddling with his or her basic right to free speech. The freedom of speech is an absolute state to fully express thoughts and there is no such thing as being half-free; it is either you are free or not free.

Read the complete piece here: http://shafii-abdulhamid..com/2014/08/half-free-is-never-freedom-to-whom-it.html

(1) (Reply)

$100,000 Couldn't Tempt Me-orphan Who Found Money Left In Hotel. / Al-shabab Names New Leader. / Fire Razes Lagos Plank Market.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 5
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.