Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,710 members, 7,831,220 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 03:44 PM

Doctor's Strike Is Not Acceptable- A Nigerian Doctor - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Doctor's Strike Is Not Acceptable- A Nigerian Doctor (776 Views)

Nigerian Doctor Recovers, Discharges From Quarantine / Nigerian Doctor Who Treated Victim Infected With Ebola / Doctor's Strike And The Lagos Locum (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Doctor's Strike Is Not Acceptable- A Nigerian Doctor by 9jamasses: 7:33am On Aug 20, 2014
Colleagues my opinion is a little different about this NMA strike due to the following points;
1. GEJ government is the most insensitive and callous govt in history of Naija. We all saw what happened with ASUP, ASUU& co
2. Majority of politicians and their families don't use our hospital. It is the average Nigerian and masses that is suffering.
3. How realistic is NMA requesting for 25 things at a go.
4. The govt is in its last year, very wrong time to push requests when all they think about is next election
5. The collapsing health sector is fault of all arms of govt. How many general hospital and PHC are functional?
6. What about lots of Nigerian that can't aff
ord private hospital or living where private hospitals are not available.
7. The strike is too long. People are dying and lots are worried and helpless out there.
8. The country needs the health professional in the wake of Ebola.
Doctors let's think of other alternatives to strike. we cannot be compared with other sectors. Students can stay extra years in schools but we can't bring back the lost lives!
Government should also remember they swore and promise a good governance.

Re: Doctor's Strike Is Not Acceptable- A Nigerian Doctor by ejihand1(m): 8:37am On Aug 20, 2014
Hunger don de fire this doc. above me. But health minister made the public know that you guys were paid last month inspite no workdone.

Park well my man. You de block my view. Una don finish de demonstrate like glorified motor parks touts? Una lab coat actually got me laughing. Anyway, that's packaging. Doctors get swag joo.

By the time you guys actually begin to foot down 100 percent the cost of residency program, then you will realise that the music don change. That's what the total overhaul of that program is gearing toward to. You guys actually pushed the health minister to wall despite pleading with you guys on a number of occasions. Now, let me drop this expo for you guys: the whole idea is to demystify and humble you guys and to actually force you guys to realise why you are called doctor- save life.

(1) (Reply)

Clinical Elective During 6th Year Of Medical Training / "Invisible Man" Created In Swedish Lab / President Zuma Signed HIV Bill.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.