Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,774 members, 7,831,492 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 07:41 PM

Another Liberian With Ebola Found In Lagos - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Another Liberian With Ebola Found In Lagos (2576 Views)

Two More Nigerians Confirmed With Ebola, 139 On Surveillance / Breaking!! Six More Health Workers Infected With EBOLA!! / Nigerian Doctor Who Treated Victim Infected With Ebola (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Another Liberian With Ebola Found In Lagos by gratiaeo(m): 12:53pm On Aug 20, 2014
[img]http://2.bp..com/-B9IP24cPDk4/U_Ri6hr5gVI/AAAAAAABE8E/uD10SzZDlqg/s1600/Capture.PNG[/img]

Dr Akindele Akintayo, a Senior Registrar with Igbobi Orthopaedic hospital, Lagos reportedly told Channels TV Sunrise Daily hosts this morning that another Liberian with the Ebola Virus Disease has been found in Lagos.

Experts have advised Nigerians to continue to move around with caution as there is no indication as to who the next carrier of the disease would be.

http://www.theheraldng.com/another-liberian-ebola-found-lagos/
Re: Another Liberian With Ebola Found In Lagos by Dreambeat: 12:55pm On Aug 20, 2014
What!@op,tell me it's a joke.
Re: Another Liberian With Ebola Found In Lagos by Dreambeat: 12:57pm On Aug 20, 2014
It must not happen
Re: Another Liberian With Ebola Found In Lagos by neenar: 1:00pm On Aug 20, 2014
For the sake of humanity, I'll like to think its a false alarm. Maybe malaria or yellow fever. Anything but ebola, biko!
Re: Another Liberian With Ebola Found In Lagos by MzJackBaueress(f): 1:03pm On Aug 20, 2014
Found where? In Lagos? shocked

Blood of Amadioha!!!!
Re: Another Liberian With Ebola Found In Lagos by Nobody: 1:03pm On Aug 20, 2014
I SWEAR DOWN, this people deserve the zombie-style of destruction. ....I mean, wat the F is all this BS? Even if you Liberians are paid by Americans to come and destroy Nigerians with Ebola, must it be under compulsion?

Sincerely, I dont care shooting down any Ebolized Liberian I set my eyes on. THIS IS GETTING DANGEROUS AND RIDICULOUS.!!!

2 Likes

Re: Another Liberian With Ebola Found In Lagos by Liamm(m): 1:05pm On Aug 20, 2014
other west african countries that are yet to record this epidemic have banned flights from affected countries. Why must Nigeria accomodate everybody?angryangry SMH.

We practice the FOOLISH system of government here. angryangry

7 Likes

Re: Another Liberian With Ebola Found In Lagos by Dbryan: 1:09pm On Aug 20, 2014
Hmmm it better not be true cux if it is ....
Re: Another Liberian With Ebola Found In Lagos by DONMAYOR19(m): 1:09pm On Aug 20, 2014
If is true, then liberian are devils in disguise....
Re: Another Liberian With Ebola Found In Lagos by overhypedsteve(m): 1:13pm On Aug 20, 2014
Slowly but steadily we sink further into this mess
Re: Another Liberian With Ebola Found In Lagos by ba7man(m): 1:14pm On Aug 20, 2014
Why are Liberians acting so daft??

They looted an Ebola care center, chased the patients out and stole the beds and sheets (most likely tainted with the virus).

Now, they want to start flocking out of their country in search of a cure spreading it along the way.

I just hope its not Labaran Maku's statement that's attracting them to Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: Another Liberian With Ebola Found In Lagos by Ozonna(m): 1:15pm On Aug 20, 2014
Seems like some people are hell bent on spreading this disease in this country. If he tries to pull any Patrick Sawer stunt, the police should put a bullet in his head
Re: Another Liberian With Ebola Found In Lagos by itstpia1: 1:15pm On Aug 20, 2014
Where did the liberian get it from?
Re: Another Liberian With Ebola Found In Lagos by itstpia1: 1:16pm On Aug 20, 2014
ba7man: Why are Liberians acting so daft??

They looted an Ebola care center, chased the patients out and stole the beds and sheets (most likely tainted with the virus).

Now, they want to start flocking out of their country in search of a cure spreading it along the way.

Its being spread intentionally, don't you get it?
Re: Another Liberian With Ebola Found In Lagos by Beync(f): 1:23pm On Aug 20, 2014
shocked shocked I can't believe this is happening again
Re: Another Liberian With Ebola Found In Lagos by doctokwus: 1:32pm On Aug 20, 2014
How can a senior registrar make dat kind of announcement.Meanwhile govt doctors are on strike and clueless fg has suspended d residency programme,so which hosp was dis dr working in wen he discovered dis case and given d authority he doesn't av to make it public?
Op,try again,dis ur story luks fake,despite d blog-like source.

5 Likes

Re: Another Liberian With Ebola Found In Lagos by Nobody: 1:36pm On Aug 20, 2014
doctokwus: How can a senior registrar make dat kind of announcement.Meanwhile govt doctors are on strike and clueless fg has suspended d residency programme,so which hosp was dis dr working in wen he discovered dis case and given d authority he doesn't av to make it public?
Op,try again,dis ur story luks fake,despite d blog-like source.

I agree...fake news.
Re: Another Liberian With Ebola Found In Lagos by desgiezd(m): 1:39pm On Aug 20, 2014
@ OP

Please tell me its a joke!
Re: Another Liberian With Ebola Found In Lagos by Nobody: 1:41pm On Aug 20, 2014
He should be cremated alive. That's a disaster waiting to happen...
Re: Another Liberian With Ebola Found In Lagos by OrlandoOwoh(m): 1:45pm On Aug 20, 2014
I blame the Minister of Information, Labaran Maku for this and that of Patrick Sawyer. When the wife of Sawyer said her husband came to Nigeria to seek medical treatment because of his lack of confidence in that of Liberia, we condemned her. How we forget so soon. In April, was it not Labaran Maku that told the whole world that Nigeria was prepared for Ebola, that our health facilities were in good condition to prevent it? Maybe this man should be causioned on the utterances he makes. David Mark once public said he would ask his boss to call him to order. Since the outbreak of the Ebola virus, Maku has always given conflicting figures with that of the Minister of Health.
Re: Another Liberian With Ebola Found In Lagos by thaqib(m): 1:49pm On Aug 20, 2014
Somebody 2 please refute this!
Re: Another Liberian With Ebola Found In Lagos by gsparks01(m): 2:07pm On Aug 20, 2014
Hide & seek
Re: Another Liberian With Ebola Found In Lagos by cirmuell(m): 2:09pm On Aug 20, 2014
That's what happen when you have a dull man in the sit of power.

1 Like

Re: Another Liberian With Ebola Found In Lagos by eunisam: 2:11pm On Aug 20, 2014
Liberia leave Nigerian soul alone.
Re: Another Liberian With Ebola Found In Lagos by Nobody: 2:39pm On Aug 20, 2014
How is that possible?i mean how did he came to nigeria?am confused here.
Re: Another Liberian With Ebola Found In Lagos by Nobody: 2:42pm On Aug 20, 2014
Lets deport every Liberian in Nigeria...including the Ambassador.
Re: Another Liberian With Ebola Found In Lagos by kaeto(m): 2:43pm On Aug 20, 2014
He should be gunned down without any further delay.
Re: Another Liberian With Ebola Found In Lagos by DJDOLA(m): 2:44pm On Aug 20, 2014
Any brave nairalander should pick one gun....sighting any laberian in nigeria just gun him down nonsense

Re: Another Liberian With Ebola Found In Lagos by PassingShot(m): 2:45pm On Aug 20, 2014
How did he get into Nigeria? Though land or air?

I thought we've improved tightening of our borders and screening of people from that country.

This is gradually getting out of control.
Re: Another Liberian With Ebola Found In Lagos by Super1759: 2:49pm On Aug 20, 2014
OMG!!!! NOT AGAIN! please tell me its a joke
Re: Another Liberian With Ebola Found In Lagos by Nobody: 2:53pm On Aug 20, 2014
this news is as fake as man. Who is that registrar? on what authority? who diagnose the "Liberian" ?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Pregnant Women Fault Lagos Hospitals’ N18,000 Ante- Natal Fee / Squeeze And Drink Scent Leaf Extract And You Will See All This Health Benefits / Herbal Drugs For Fibroid

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.