Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,289 members, 7,818,983 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:28 AM

Pic-why Lagos Is No1 In West Africa. - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Pic-why Lagos Is No1 In West Africa. (4887 Views)

PHOTOS: Why Lagos Is The Craziest City In World / 10 Reasons Why Lagos Is Better Than Abuja / But Why Lagos People Always Behaving Like This? See Pix (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pic-why Lagos Is No1 In West Africa. by Nobody: 4:06pm On Aug 20, 2014
Now I know why the ibos want to die grin

4 Likes

Re: Pic-why Lagos Is No1 In West Africa. by Rikidony(m): 4:25pm On Aug 20, 2014
Re: Pic-why Lagos Is No1 In West Africa. by obiajuru01: 4:27pm On Aug 20, 2014
TribalEAST: Now I know why the ibos want to die grin
don't bring tribalism into this, am also igbo you troll.

12 Likes

Re: Pic-why Lagos Is No1 In West Africa. by Descartes: 4:32pm On Aug 20, 2014
Keneking: Lagos amigo mma
what is @amigo mma
Re: Pic-why Lagos Is No1 In West Africa. by smallJagaban: 4:47pm On Aug 20, 2014
NO WONDER IBO WANT TOMORROW UPROOT LAGOS AND PLANT IT IN South East
Re: Pic-why Lagos Is No1 In West Africa. by ibedun: 4:50pm On Aug 20, 2014
obiajuru01: More

Omu Igbo wetin be your own for Lagos?
Re: Pic-why Lagos Is No1 In West Africa. by obiajuru01: 4:54pm On Aug 20, 2014
ibedun:

bia, am not in for any tribal sentiment.

8 Likes

Re: Pic-why Lagos Is No1 In West Africa. by kingingkinging: 5:01pm On Aug 20, 2014
@ OP. We only have few individuals like you.

What even Jonathan or any governor cannot even say, you will hear and read such on this forum.

I challenge anybody to prove it based on all internationally acceptable indices and global standards that there is any better 'city' than Lagos in West Africa and we will compare and contrast but bigotry can put some people to sell their conscience for just zero naira.

Good job bro.

1 Like

Re: Pic-why Lagos Is No1 In West Africa. by Nobody: 5:34pm On Aug 20, 2014
Descartes: what is @adigo mma
Re: Pic-why Lagos Is No1 In West Africa. by ruggedboy01: 7:03pm On Aug 20, 2014
Eko oni baje
Eko adigo nma
Re: Pic-why Lagos Is No1 In West Africa. by Nobody: 8:08pm On Aug 20, 2014
kaeto: Nobody's name is lagos, its just humans like you, you are even older than some of the people who own properties in the said lagos. you should be worried if you are born to sing the praises of people whom you have the same life opportunity with. the big ish is what do i as an individual own in lagos? how am i contributing to the development of the city? when will people start singing my own praises? ask yourself these penitent questions then move on, bye.

`Words of wisdom.
Really thought-provoking.
Re: Pic-why Lagos Is No1 In West Africa. by Nobody: 10:00pm On Aug 20, 2014
obiajuru01: well, you might say dat, but snapping a picture without graphic formatting is way different, don't forget Nairobi harbours the largest slum in the world, use google.
Didn't the 2009 Census uncover this lie??Khayelitsha in CapeTown has 400,000 residents while Kibera has 170,000
However the Lie was beneficial to Kibera.There is 1 NGO per every 30 people in that slum.
Re: Pic-why Lagos Is No1 In West Africa. by soma042(m): 10:18pm On Aug 20, 2014
This pics is simply an insult to average Nigerians, the mod should as a matter of urgency wipe this tread.
Spit.....
Re: Pic-why Lagos Is No1 In West Africa. by feminancy(m): 10:30pm On Aug 20, 2014
The pictures i see here is convincingly obsolete compare to Lagos i use to know 2 to 3 years ago .
Re: Pic-why Lagos Is No1 In West Africa. by Nobody: 10:41pm On Aug 20, 2014
Tinubu square

Re: Pic-why Lagos Is No1 In West Africa. by obiajuru01: 10:42pm On Aug 20, 2014
GERALD710:
Didn't the 2009 Census uncover this lie??Khayelitsha in CapeTown has 400,000 residents while Kibera has 170,000
However the Lie was beneficial to Kibera.There is 1 NGO per every 30 people in that slum.
so the contention is between south africa and kenya for the largest slum, can you now see yourself?
Re: Pic-why Lagos Is No1 In West Africa. by Nobody: 10:55pm On Aug 20, 2014
Nice view

1 Like

Re: Pic-why Lagos Is No1 In West Africa. by Nobody: 2:03am On Aug 21, 2014
kingingkinging:

@ OP. We only have few individuals like you.

What even Jonathan or any governor cannot even say, you will hear and read such on this forum.

I challenge anybody to prove it based on all internationally acceptable indices and global standards that there is any better 'city' than Lagos in West Africa and we will compare and contrast but bigotry can put some people to sell their conscience for just zero naira.

Good job bro.

there are far better cities in west africa. Just because Lagos has the largest economy doesnt mean it's the best, or the most liveable, or functional. Accra, dakar, praia, are better destinations than lagos, and are tourist destinations.

first: dakar

second: praia

Re: Pic-why Lagos Is No1 In West Africa. by ba7man(m): 8:23am On Aug 21, 2014
ibedun:

Pls, stop it. Not cool.

@Op. Ignore the slum lovers that develop a "high" on seeing slum pics and do your thing.

These are even pics of the old CBD, There were already being swallowed up by slums with beggers and street traders and the buildings abandoned but Tinubu rescued them during his tenure.

Lemmie help u out with pics of my daily commute joooor.

Lagos is not the best but it was way worse before APC. I still wonder how Molues were allowed to roam as far as VI.

Re: Pic-why Lagos Is No1 In West Africa. by ba7man(m): 9:51am On Aug 21, 2014

Re: Pic-why Lagos Is No1 In West Africa. by obiajuru01: 9:55am On Aug 21, 2014
ba7man: Pls, stop it. Not cool.

@Op. Ignore the slum lovers that develop a "high" on seeing slum pics and do your thing.

These are even pics of the old CBD, There were already being swallowed up by slums with beggers and street traders and the buildings abandoned but Tinubu rescued them during his tenure.

Lemmie help u out with pics of my daily commute joooor.

Lagos is not the best but it was way worse before APC. I still wonder how Molues were allowed to roam as far as VI.

thanks man, tribalism won't pay us, we should be proud of what we have so we can improve on them.
Re: Pic-why Lagos Is No1 In West Africa. by ba7man(m): 10:03am On Aug 21, 2014
obiajuru01: thanks man, tribalism won't pay us, we should be proud of what we have so we can improve on them.
They'll later complain that CNN and the foreign media like to portray Africa and Nigeria in bad light not knowing it starts from them.

Re: Pic-why Lagos Is No1 In West Africa. by ba7man(m): 10:19am On Aug 21, 2014

Re: Pic-why Lagos Is No1 In West Africa. by meforyou1(m): 11:35am On Aug 21, 2014
Op, all the pix are same place naa. marina.
Re: Pic-why Lagos Is No1 In West Africa. by meforyou1(m): 11:37am On Aug 21, 2014
MOBJECTIVE:

there are far better cities in west africa. Just because Lagos has the largest economy doesnt mean it's the best, or the most liveable, or functional. Accra, dakar, praia, are better destinations than lagos, and are tourist destinations.

wow that praia is extremely beautiful
Re: Pic-why Lagos Is No1 In West Africa. by kingingkinging: 12:55pm On Aug 21, 2014
MOBJECTIVE:

grin grin grin grin. There is nothing you cannot say to embarrass yourself. So to you Accra, Dakar, Praia, etc are better than Lagos?

Then i give up on you.

Even from the pics you posted, it was obvious that those places are not even close. I am sorry. the Lagos that I know is not in the class of those places
Re: Pic-why Lagos Is No1 In West Africa. by Nobody: 7:23pm On Aug 21, 2014
kingingkinging:

grin grin grin grin. There is nothing you cannot say to embarrass yourself. So to you Accra, Dakar, Praia, etc are better than Lagos?

Then i give up on you.

Even from the pics you posted, it was obvious that those places are not even close. I am sorry. the Lagos that I know is not in the class of those places

read the recent cnn's sourced article of world's most liveable cities http://www.cnn.com/2014/08/19/travel/most-liveable-city-2014/index.html

lagos came out 4th worst world wide, even behind abidjan in cote d'lvoire. so my friend, I, give up on you as you probably can't look past tribal sentiments to see lagos for what it is.
Re: Pic-why Lagos Is No1 In West Africa. by Nobody: 7:44am On Aug 25, 2014
obiajuru01: so the contention is between south africa and kenya for the largest slum, can you now see yourself?
Kenya 's Nairobi has nearly all its poor concentrated in 3 large slums.'Large' being a relative term coz all the slums in Nairobi put together cover 4% of the city.
Lagos has 200 slums spread right across the city even in wealthy areas.
By land area close to 30% of Lagos is slumland.
According to citylab. 70%OF LAGOS RESIDENTS LIVE IN SLUM AREAS!!!
http://www.citylab.com/housing/2012/07/demolitions-return-waterfront-lagos-slum/2606/
So having several medium sized slums does not change the poverty of Lagos.If aonything it makes it more visible unlike Nairobi
Nairobi has only 33% of its population living in slum areas.
So it terms of BOTH total poor population and percentage of those living in slums.Lagos is by far the winner.
Re: Pic-why Lagos Is No1 In West Africa. by WIZGUY69(m): 11:36pm On Aug 25, 2014
Sorry! Not impressed! Abuja it is!
Lagos try small sha, but it's getting old. imagine CDB of abuja,. MAITAMA ASOKORO, UTAKO, WUSE!
OMG!

1 Like

Re: Pic-why Lagos Is No1 In West Africa. by londoner: 10:31am On Aug 26, 2014
WIZGUY69: Sorry! Not impressed! Abuja it is!
Lagos try small sha, but it's getting old. imagine CDB of abuja,. MAITAMA ASOKORO, UTAKO, WUSE!
OMG!

Exactly, Abuja it is ..................Although the OP showed his commute/work area I think, and not the" best of Lagos" per se.
Re: Pic-why Lagos Is No1 In West Africa. by justhelp(m): 9:29pm On Aug 26, 2014
BuddahMonk: [size=18pt]NML...No Man's Land Rockssssssssssssssssssssssssss[/size]
u mean lagos is no man's land then your father can be next Oba @ Agege or Ikorodu or Epe or Oba Eko and during coming Eyo festival since you all own lagos foooooooooooooooooooolsssssssssssssssssssssss
Re: Pic-why Lagos Is No1 In West Africa. by WIZGUY69(m): 10:03pm On Aug 26, 2014
justhelp: u mean lagos is no man's land then your father can be next Oba @ Agege or Ikorodu or Epe or Oba Eko and during coming Eyo festival since you all own lagos foooooooooooooooooooolsssssssssssssssssssssss

Bros! you for leave the madman!
to be consoling himself nah!
grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigerian Busiest Airport By Passengers Traffic / Help: A Friend Of Mine Want To Travel Out Of The Country For A Greener Pastures / Skydivers Jumped Out Of Plane, Formed A Floating Circle At 15,000ft(Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.