Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,937 members, 7,817,747 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:29 PM

Need Help On Display Issue With My Laptop (HP G60-230US) - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Need Help On Display Issue With My Laptop (HP G60-230US) (2048 Views)

Laptop Hp G60 For Sale Pics Inside / A Very Neat Hp G60 Laptop Wth 250g Hardisk 4sale @#70,000 / How To Use The Sim Card Slot On My Laptop (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Need Help On Display Issue With My Laptop (HP G60-230US) by fabolakers(m): 3:36pm On Aug 20, 2014
My battery was completely dead so my Laptop was like a normal TV. When Light goes off, it goes off automatically. When there is Light and I turn it on, what I normally get is Checksum Error page telling me to press F1 to load COSMOS default value and when I do that, the system will load normally but my date and time will reset back to 2001 so I will have to reset it any time I put on my Laptop.

Re: Need Help On Display Issue With My Laptop (HP G60-230US) by fabolakers(m): 3:38pm On Aug 20, 2014
I decided to change the battery and everything was Good until 2 days later I started getting completely blank screen whenever I turn on the Laptop. The Power button and the WiFi button will come on but the screen will not power On. Just completely dark. So I'll have to leave it like that for about an hour, then hold the power button for it to shut down then when I on it again before it will be able to display normally.

When I on it sometimes for the first time, it will jus show the power light and off immediately and at times it will just be blinking.

I thought maybe the battery that I bought was bad but I got the same result when I decided to power it on without the battery.

So Experts in the house, if you understand what the problem is, please help. I'm thinking maybe it the BIOS battery but I want to be sure before changing it.

Re: Need Help On Display Issue With My Laptop (HP G60-230US) by donLEXY(m): 4:04pm On Aug 20, 2014
First thing I am guessing is that your CMOS battery is bad and needs replacement, also at the time the your PC was operating like a TV, due to improper shut down of the PC in a continuous manner, there is a high probability that your hard disk has gone bad, also that might need replacement...... Shut the TV off smiley (PC), then turn the power button on, immediately it comes up, click on CNTL+ALT+DEL and follow the procedure from the blue page that comes up...... I hope this works temporarily for you

Cheers
Re: Need Help On Display Issue With My Laptop (HP G60-230US) by fabolakers(m): 4:15pm On Aug 20, 2014
I also replaced the hard Disk but the previous one was still functioning properly. Both the New one and the old one are having the same issues. I've tried it on both hard disk and it's the same result.

About the CMOS battery, I think I would work on that first.

And as for using ALT + XTRL and DEL, the system screeb does not power on when switched on for the first time. I'll have to leave it on like that for almost an hour then press the power button till it shuts down then when I power it on the second time, it will come once. Also if I should shut down and come back to on it in the next 3 hours, it will come on normally. But if I should wait longer for it to get cold, I will have to do the double power thing for it to come up again.

(1) (Reply)

Laptops Specifically For Pes And Fifa Gaming Only / Sony Vaio VPCEB4L1E For Sale In Ibadan / Used used Apple Airpod Pro with active noise cancellation Need gone asap

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.