Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,436 members, 7,819,595 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:45 PM

The Making Of 4-units Duplex In Iyana-Iba Lagos - Properties (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / The Making Of 4-units Duplex In Iyana-Iba Lagos (41395 Views)

The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) / 7 Units Left!! Houses For Sale In A Mini Estate At Abijo Lekki @ N36m(Pictures) / The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Making Of 4-units Duplex In Iyana-Iba Lagos by Nobody: 10:47pm On Nov 05, 2015
@fash78 Can i have this Aluminium number dat did this your window i think d quotation is average .
Re: The Making Of 4-units Duplex In Iyana-Iba Lagos by Dominionng(m): 4:30am On Nov 06, 2015
mufutau55:

Very fair... I will need that person soon also... my welder that did the above now thinks President Buhari has given me a Ministerial assignments o. smiley

Hajji M.
cheesy grin
Re: The Making Of 4-units Duplex In Iyana-Iba Lagos by fash78(m): 6:17pm On Nov 06, 2015
Dominionng:
cheesy grin
No problem. I will be glad to share the welder's number with you.
Re: The Making Of 4-units Duplex In Iyana-Iba Lagos by fash78(m): 6:24pm On Nov 06, 2015
House can anybody provide me with unit cost of these materials? I need to buy them for the AC piping installation
South African Copper Pipe (8 rolls) for the main AC piping
South African 1/4" Copper Pipe (8 Rolls)
Amaflex Tape
Original 2.5mm Nigerian Cable (3 Rolls)
Installation tape 5
3" PVC pipe (20 lengths)
1" PVC Pipe (25 lengths)
PVC Gums (4 Cups)
PVC Elbows
Re: The Making Of 4-units Duplex In Iyana-Iba Lagos by elfadconcept04(m): 10:49pm On Nov 16, 2015
For those who want to see the doors, here you have them. Walnut turkey doors for the main entrance and the terrace for the main duplexes facing the road. China doors for rooms n toilets.
Trust dt Mr fash will publish d prices asap as usual. Ac, electrical, mechanical piping on going along side plastering n installation of doors.

Re: The Making Of 4-units Duplex In Iyana-Iba Lagos by mufutau55(m): 12:41am On Nov 17, 2015
elfadconcept04:
For those who want to see the doors, here you have them. Walnut turkey doors for the main entrance and the terrace for the main duplexes facing the road. China doors for rooms n toilets.
Trust dt Mr fash will publish d prices asap as usual. Ac, electrical, mechanical piping on going along side plastering n installation of doors.

Please don't forget to show us the Chinese doors too. Thanks.

Hajji M.
Re: The Making Of 4-units Duplex In Iyana-Iba Lagos by nameoh: 11:56am On Nov 30, 2015
fash 78/elfadoconcept04

pls how much did it cost u to do that roof parapet(both labour and material.also is it pre cast or otherwise.
Re: The Making Of 4-units Duplex In Iyana-Iba Lagos by elfadconcept04(m): 4:43pm On Dec 20, 2015
I will do the precast parapet for #4000 labor charge, provided your it's on the first floor and #5000 for second floor. Material requirement is quite cheap. A few bags of cement, sharp sand, binding wire and quarter rod. going by experience, I av not used more Dan 30/40 bags of cement, No mata Hw big d size of ur building.. Nevertheless I need to c d building to prefer d right qualities.
The 2nd question u asked. It is precast parapet. It is cheaper than to cast ur parapet insitu. U save the following :
1. granite,
2. 12/10mm iron rod,
3. Plywood,
4. u don't av to plaster it wen plastering ur external wall.
5. U won't need to pay labor fee for ironbender, carpenter for formwork of d parapet although they we still av to work on d roof beam. The precast parapet is anchored to d room beam. Room beam is straight forward hence d charge is low compared to carpenter n ironbender doing both d beam n d parapet.
6. Structurally, u av reduce excess load dt us usually not factored during design from d building.
I just finished parapet work for one of those following this tread at okota. Kindly call 07082866677 /08037217936 # Elfadconcept
nameoh:
fash 78/elfadoconcept04

pls how much did it cost u to do that roof parapet(both labour and material.also is it pre cast or otherwise.

1 Like

Re: The Making Of 4-units Duplex In Iyana-Iba Lagos by twinskenny(m): 5:38pm On Dec 20, 2015
elfadconcept04:

I will do the precast parapet for #4000 labor charge, provided your it's on the first floor and #5000 for second floor. Material requirement is quite cheap. A few bags of cement, sharp sand, binding wire and quarter rod. going by experience, I av not used more Dan 30/40 bags of cement, No mata Hw big d size of ur building.. Nevertheless I need to c d building to prefer d right qualities.
The 2nd question u asked. It is precast parapet. It is cheaper than to cast ur parapet insitu. U save the following :
1. granite,
2. 12/10mm iron rod,
3. Plywood,
5. U won't need to pay labor fee for ironbender, carpenter for formwork of d parapet although they we still av to work on d roof beam. The precast parapet is anchored to d room beam. Room beam is straight forward hence d charge is low compared to carpenter n ironbender doing both d beam n d parapet.
6. Structurally, u av reduce excess load dt us usually not factored during design from d building.
I just finished parapet work for one of those following this tread at okota. Kindly call 07082866677 /08037217936 # Elfadconcept
wow lovely weldone sir
Re: The Making Of 4-units Duplex In Iyana-Iba Lagos by nameoh: 9:50pm On Jan 03, 2016
elfadconcept04:

1. granite,
2. 12/10mm iron rod,
3. Plywood,
Are u saying 4000 naira for all the labour cost including molding of the parapet or is my eyes deceiving me.
Re: The Making Of 4-units Duplex In Iyana-Iba Lagos by Dominionng(m): 8:16am On Jan 04, 2016
nameoh:

Are u saying 4000 naira for all the labour cost including molding of the parapet or is my eyes deceiving me.

I believe he meant N4,000/meter

2 Likes

Re: The Making Of 4-units Duplex In Iyana-Iba Lagos by brunofarad(m): 7:58pm On Jan 04, 2016
Good day fash..
This is FARAD CONTRACTORS we decorate buildings with stones,

I received the pictures you sent and am working on your sketch return for us all to peruse...I must have to tell You that you have a wonderful building right here.

Thanks for your interest in what we do and we will definitely handle this as another opportunity to prove our firm expertise in exterior stone cladding
Welcome to us
Welcome to FARAD CONTRACTORS
We decorate buildings with stones.

https://www.nairaland.com/1276521/click-here-building-pictures/3
Re: The Making Of 4-units Duplex In Iyana-Iba Lagos by elfadconcept04(m): 10:35pm On Jan 06, 2016
Yes it is #4,000 per meter.
:-
Dominionng:

I believe he meant N4,000/meter
Re: The Making Of 4-units Duplex In Iyana-Iba Lagos by brunofarad(m): 6:03am On Jan 09, 2016
Good day FASH
The paint Sketch returns depicting my idea of the portions of the building to clad with stones are ready and I have sent them across to you,
For perrusal and considerations.

Thanks for this opportunity.
Re: The Making Of 4-units Duplex In Iyana-Iba Lagos by elfadconcept04(m): 11:26pm On Feb 10, 2016
Hello folks, I like to mention here dt as at 2day Feb 10th 2016, I no longer work for Mr Fash.
This is due to some differences and divergent view on site communication, Clients role / contractors role/responsibility n dignity of labor..
Nevertheless I wish him Well and who ever he engages to complete his project.
For as many who have viewed my work, those who av contacted me, those I av designed for or done some civil jobs for, u can attest dt, my craftmanship, experience, supervision skil and ability to reduce construction cost is not in question.
For as many who r on Nairaland to seek quality n qualified artisans n professionals, u will find..
Dont b blinded by cheap at all cost syndrome Bt be mindfull of d quality n prices u c in some pages/treads, u cant confirm d quality vis-a-vis d relatively low cost u c some Engrs / property owners post.
All d suppliers on Nairaland can confirm dt u can never cheat a supplier/some artisans, de will give u d quality dts commensurate with d price u r willing to pay. They say cheap is never quality bt dt those not mean u shld b naive..
On a final note. Conflict is a normal thing in every construction site, de can b resolved Depending on d maturity of d parties n Wat provisions d contract stipulates, provided, Deris a contract.
Nevertheless It was Mr fash's idea to open ds tread to showcase my work, I did foot drag bt he went ahead to open ds tread. Which I appreciate, I might not contribute on ds page/ tread anymore bt like I av mentioned earlier, i wish Mr Fash well..
Re: The Making Of 4-units Duplex In Iyana-Iba Lagos by brag3: 2:00pm On Feb 11, 2016
Sorry to hear that.
Hope the split was amicable and I wish you both well on your future projects.
Not all business transactions go smoothly but as long as all parties keep it Civil life will surely go on.

Baba Fash, you have a fantastic project going on. Kudos to you and your team.

We will touch base soon.

elfadconcept04:
Hello folks, I like to mention here dt as at 2day Feb 10th 2016, I no longer work for Mr Fash.
This is due to some differences and divergent view on site communication, Clients role / contractors role/responsibility n dignity of labor..
Nevertheless I wish him Well and who ever he engages to complete his project.
For as many who have viewed my work, those who av contacted me, those I av designed for or done some civil jobs for, u can attest dt, my craftmanship, experience, supervision skil and ability to reduce construction cost is not in question.
For as many who r on Nairaland to seek quality n qualified artisans n professionals, u will find..
Dont b blinded by cheap at all cost syndrome Bt be mindfull of d quality n prices u c in some pages/treads, u cant confirm d quality vis-a-vis d relatively low cost u c some Engrs / property owners post.
All d suppliers on Nairaland can confirm dt u can never cheat a supplier/some artisans, de will give u d quality dts commensurate with d price u r willing to pay. They say cheap is never quality bt dt those not mean u shld b naive..
On a final note. Conflict is a normal thing in every construction site, de can b resolved Depending on d maturity of d parties n Wat provisions d contract stipulates, provided, Deris a contract.
Nevertheless It was Mr fash's idea to open ds tread to showcase my work, I did foot drag bt he went ahead to open ds tread. Which I appreciate, I might not contribute on ds page/ tread anymore bt like I av mentioned earlier, i wish Mr Fash well..
Re: The Making Of 4-units Duplex In Iyana-Iba Lagos by fash78(m): 3:14pm On Feb 11, 2016
Hello.my peeps. I won't like to join issues with Elfad Consult but I think since I opened this thread because of him and he is no more engaged by me, then I should say something.
1. It is true that I have fired him and he is no more working on my project.
2. Elfad is rude, arrogant and way too pompous to deal with. How else can you describe somebody you engaged to do a work for you and you are paying a huge sum of money and same person is telling you the client "you can't dish instructions to me". I believe he who pays the piper dictates the tune. Folks like Muyensky can testify to his rudeness.
3. His competency is not in doubt but my peeps I am weary about his preaching on prices, fees and quality. I have had complaints about him from people that saw his work here and engaged him about his cut throat fee. I am afraid I am also a victim of that. Most of you didn't know that he refused to supervise the fence construction for this project claiming it is not in scope of what was negotiated. He was asking for N500K Extra to supervise the fence. Of course I refused and did the fence all by myself with the help of my cousin and my friend who is also a civil engineer. The total amount spent on the fence is not even up to 1.5M. Another example of his cut throat fee is when I wanted to engage him for another project for my dad building (4 bedroom bungalow ) in the village. His asking price again was N500K for supervision fee. Of course I engaged another person with a more reasonable fee and the house is built now within 3 months.
4. I paid the plumber and electrician through him because they work for him. We negotiated with the plumber and electrician for the whole project. As of today he has collected 80 percent of the total money negotiated with the plumber and 63 percent of the total money negotiated for electrician yet we are at the piping stage for both plumbing and electrical work. The plastering work is not yet completed because his plumber and electrican refused to finish the piping work they have been paid to do. We started plastering since last year November. The plumber has refused to come and compete all the bathroom piping work up till now. Elfad lame excuse is that all the materials the plumber needed was not provided when he came to site so he has taken another job. But please help me ask him even if that is true, since last year November the plumber have only come to site twice and the work is still not done. The painful aspect is that the additional materials he requested was bought 3 times now because each time Elfad promised to bring the plumber to complete the job and we bought the material, the plumber won't show up and the material will be stolen. This has happened 3 times now. Each time i bought this material it cost me almost 30K. After the third time and I reported to Elfad you asked me to buy this material and yet your plumber didn't come to site to do the work and the material is stolen yet again. His response is "it is a shame".

Guys I don't want to bore you with long epistle. As you can see I am deeply hurt by Elfad. He is not a random person that I know. We are from the same town and he is one of my Pastors' son. It hurts me that he could get to a level where he exchanges insulting and derogatory words with me. He has used statement like "shallow thinkin", "full of yourself ", and other statements I never expected from him to me because 1. I am not his age mate and secondly we are like family.

Elfad I have bared it all here. I won't dignify you with any response here. I said all the above to put the record straight.
Re: The Making Of 4-units Duplex In Iyana-Iba Lagos by mufutau55(m): 3:24pm On Feb 11, 2016
I am very disappointed with the whole case.... simply put.

Hajji M.
Re: The Making Of 4-units Duplex In Iyana-Iba Lagos by Nobody: 3:46pm On Feb 11, 2016
Bros pls take things easy,Nigeria is a tough place to do business especially for we diasporians,they see us as pot of money and bad customer service is the order of the day.

I hope you both work things out in a win win situation.

I wish you both well for the future.

3 Likes

Re: The Making Of 4-units Duplex In Iyana-Iba Lagos by fash78(m): 3:57pm On Feb 11, 2016
mufutau55:
I am very disappointed with the whole case.... simply put.

Hajji M.
My brother more than disappointed. I even gave Elfad the last chance. I told him bring the plumber and the electrician to complete their work by Tuesday this week or else I will fire you and your workers. He promised he will bring them on Wednesday (yesterday). My cousin was on site through out yesterday till 6pm. Elfad didn't show up nor his workers and of course he didn't pass any message to either my cousin or myself that he was no more coming. That was the last straw my brother.
Re: The Making Of 4-units Duplex In Iyana-Iba Lagos by Nobody: 4:02pm On Feb 11, 2016
fash78:
Hello.my peeps. I won't like to join issues with Elfad Consult but I think since I opened this thread because of him and he is no more engaged by me, then I should say something.
2. Elfad is rude, arrogance and way too pompous to deal with. How else can you describe somebody you engaged to do a work for you and you are paying a huge sum of money and same person is telling you the client "you can't dish instructions to me". I believe he who pays the piper dictates the tune. Folks like Muyensky can testifies to his rudeness.
3. His competency is not in doubt but my peeps I am weary about his preaching on prices, fees and quality. I have had complaints about him from people that saw his work here and engaged him about his cut throat fee. I am afraid I am also a victim of that. Most of you didn't know that he refused to supervise the fence construction for this project claiming it is not in scope of what was negotiated. He was asking for N500 , 000! Extra to supervise the fence. Of course I refused and did the fence all by myself with the help of my cousin and my friend who is also a civil engineer. The total amount spent on the fence is not even up to 1.5M. Another example of his cut throat fee is when I wanted to engage him for another project for my dad building (4 bedroom bungalow ) in the village. His asking price again is N500 , 000 for supervision fee. Of course I engaged another person with a more reasonable fee and the house is built now withing 3 months.
4. I paid the plumber and electrician through him because they work for him. We negotiated with the plumber and electrician for the whole project. As of today he has collected 80 percent of the total money negotiated with the plumber and 63 percent of the total money negotiated for electrician yet we are at the piping stage for both plumbing and electrical work. The plastering work is not yet completed because his plumber and electrican refused to finish the piping work they have been paid to do. We started plastering since last year November. The plumber has refused to come and compete all the bathroom piping work up till now. Elfad lame excuse is that all the materials the plumber needed was not provided when he came to site so he has taken another job. But please help me ask him even if that is true, since last year November the plumber have only come to site twice and the work is still not done. The painful aspect is that the additional materials he requested was bought 3 times now because each time Elfad promised to bring the plumber to complete the job and we bought the material, the plumber won't show up and the material will be stolen. This has happened 3 times now. Each time i bought this material it cost me almost 30K. After the third time and I reported to Elfad you asked me to buy this material and yet your plumber didn't come to site to do the work and the material is stolen yet again. His response is "it is a shame".

Guys I don't want to bore you with long epistle. As you can see I am deeply hurt with Elfad. He is not a random person that I know. We are from the same town and he is one of my Pastors' son. It hurts me that he could get to a level where he exchanges insulting and derogatory words with me. He has used statement like "shallow thinkin", "full of yourself ", and other statements I never expected from him to me because 1. I am not his age mate and secondly we are like family.

Elfad I have bared it all here. I won't dignify you with any response here. I said all the above to put the record straight.

Bros thats Naija for you. Only God know how many people I fought with during mine due to their nonchalant attitude......As Yoruba will say agbara ojo ko ni oun o n'ile wo...'onile ni o ni gba fun o...No let their reggae disturb your blues o...keep it moving bro. We in Diaspora don enter am cos of exchange rate...won fe jembe grin

1 Like

Re: The Making Of 4-units Duplex In Iyana-Iba Lagos by brunofarad(m): 4:08pm On Feb 11, 2016
Your client has every wit to call the shot....
Your role as a professional is to give the best of advice at any time T....did u notice the word advice ?.
Don't try to steer the ship off him....it will only result to rancour.

My2cents.

I am FARAD

Are you building?

CLICK HERE

1 Like

Re: The Making Of 4-units Duplex In Iyana-Iba Lagos by brag3: 5:42pm On Feb 11, 2016
It never seizes to amaze me how many times you hear such stories in our beloved Nigeria.
People getting jobs and then eating the hand that feeds them just because money don enter hands.
So many clients for our decent builders to make a good living yet some bad ones always choose to spoil things.
Fash, I feel your pain but believe that it will end well.
You have gone very far my brother so you will complete it in no time.
I will steal Oga 3strike's quote and say "dont let their reggae spoil your blues" ooo

fash78:
2. Elfad is rude, arrogant and way too pompous to deal with. How else can you describe somebody you engaged to do a work for you and you are paying a huge sum of money and same person is telling you the client "you can't dish instructions to me". I believe he who pays the piper dictates the tune. Folks like Muyensky can testifies to his rudeness.
3. His competency is not in doubt but my peeps I am weary about his preaching on prices, fees and quality. I have had complaints about him from people that saw his work here and engaged him about his cut throat fee. I am afraid I am also a victim of that. Most of you didn't know that he refused to supervise the fence construction for this project claiming it is not in scope of what was negotiated. He was asking for N500 , 000! Extra to supervise the fence. Of course I refused and did the fence all by myself with the help of my cousin and my friend who is also a civil engineer. The total amount spent on the fence is not even up to 1.5M. Another example of his cut throat fee is when I wanted to engage him for another project for my dad building (4 bedroom bungalow ) in the village. His asking price again was N500 , 000 for supervision fee. Of course I engaged another person with a more reasonable fee and the house is built now within 3 months.

Guys I don't want to bore you with long epistle. As you can see I am deeply hurt with Elfad. He is not a random person that I know. We are from the same town and he is one of my Pastors' son. It hurts me that he could get to a level where he exchanges insulting and derogatory words with me. He has used statement like "shallow thinkin", "full of yourself ", and other statements I never expected from him to me because 1. I am not his age mate and secondly we are like family.

1 Like

Re: The Making Of 4-units Duplex In Iyana-Iba Lagos by fash78(m): 6:11pm On Feb 11, 2016
Thanks my brother. The project will not stop by God's grace.

1 Like

Re: The Making Of 4-units Duplex In Iyana-Iba Lagos by twinskenny(m): 6:32pm On Feb 11, 2016
fash78:

i hate loosing a client.. thats why most time i will go all out to make sure i satisfy my client... cause one client can bring you thousand of others.. most of those point you mentioned sir was avoidable.. wonder what went wrong.

i wish you good speed to complete the projects.

1 Like

Re: The Making Of 4-units Duplex In Iyana-Iba Lagos by EndiaSami: 8:11pm On Feb 11, 2016
fash78:
Amen! O. It can't stop..... Lye lye
Re: The Making Of 4-units Duplex In Iyana-Iba Lagos by EndiaSami: 8:12pm On Feb 11, 2016
twinskenny:

i hate loosing a client.. thats why most time i will go all out to make sure i satisfy my client... cause one client can bring you thousand of others.. most of those point you mentioned sir was avoidable.. wonder what went wrong.

i wish you good speed to complete the projects.

Word!
Re: The Making Of 4-units Duplex In Iyana-Iba Lagos by ycoxyng: 10:14pm On Feb 11, 2016
Dear Fash,

It is a pity your relationship ends on a sour note with Elfad. I wrote a personal mail to you last year concerning the way and manner he treats his client. I specifically told you in the mail that I have moved on with my project but there is need for you to advice him to thread carefully about money . ( which in fairness you did) His charges are just too outrageous and he has this habit of always saying am saving you money but in actual sense he is killing the person. Always allowing his labourers and foremen to cheat and charge ridiculous prices.

I would not want to go into details because you have said it all. But I will like to confirm your statement that his Plumber is a thief. In my own case, I was forced to pay thru Elfad the sum of N50K out of the N350k he charged for the whole project (Plumbing works). He did not do up to 5% work on my site when I had to terminate the contract with Elfad. I call him (plumber) to at least come and finish his work that I paid for, I was shocked when he told me I should not call him that Elfad did not give him money and instead of Elfad to refund me na one big epistle mail I got warning me not to call his worker.

Please move on with your project and not let this derail your goals.
Re: The Making Of 4-units Duplex In Iyana-Iba Lagos by fash78(m): 2:12am On Feb 12, 2016
ycoxyng:
Dear Fash,

It is a pity your relationship ends on a sour note with Elfad. I wrote a personal mail to you last year concerning the way and manner he treats his client. I specifically told you in the mail that I have moved on with my project but there is need for you to advice him to thread carefully about money . ( which in fairness you did) His charges are just too outrageous and he has this habit of always saying am saving you money but in actual sense he is killing the person. Always allowing his labourers and foremen to cheat and charge ridiculous prices.

I would not want to go into details because you have said it all. But I will like to confirm your statement that his Plumber is a thief. In my own case, I was forced to pay thru Elfad the sum of N50K out of the N350k he charged for the whole project (Plumbing works). He did not do up to 5% work on my site when I had to terminate the contract with Elfad. I call him (plumber) to at least come and finish his work that I paid for, I was shocked when he told me I should not call him that Elfad did not give him money and instead of Elfad to refund me na one big epistle mail I got warning me not to call his worker.

Please move on with your project and not let this derail your goals.

Yes my brother i remember you sent me a mail and complained bitterly about him. I forwarded your email to Elfad and admonished him like a brother he is to me. But unfortunately he did the same thing to me.
Re: The Making Of 4-units Duplex In Iyana-Iba Lagos by Chekitaut: 2:26am On Feb 12, 2016
Oga Fash easy ooo. Remain bless.
Re: The Making Of 4-units Duplex In Iyana-Iba Lagos by spyder880(m): 8:17am On Feb 12, 2016
So sorry about the turn of things here.

Bro Elfad, no need to say more, because words have a way of causing annoyance , our work is a delicate one , and sometimes we have to thread carefully to satisfy more clients.

Bro Fash, put the whole thing behind you and move on. Tomorrow must surely be better.

Thank you all.

3 Likes

Re: The Making Of 4-units Duplex In Iyana-Iba Lagos by elfadconcept04(m): 11:52pm On Feb 14, 2016
My spyder.. I agree with u dt our work is delicate.. I wont join words with Mr Funsho.. If u go by my last narrative, I was careful to b Civil. The problem Engrs /contractors av wit clients is wen a client tries to cheat the contractor..
I have worked with several pple from Nairaland, I dint even know Mr Yinka had issues with me not until he sent a mail to fash dt I reap pple off.. On the other hand, he later said my works reap off n charge high n not me. . Tank God he later corrected d statement even though his intention is to spoil my name..
For Mr Yinka Ogundele's project.. He knew Wat he wanted from d beginning dt he only wanted an engineer to handle his foundation because d site was water logged. His design/project is a standard duplex and a attached two numbers two bedroom flat, Sitting on ground n first floor...
Pls Hw much shld a plumber charge?? Hw much will u pay a plumber for piping, fittings, external worker n finishing for a duplex and an attached 2nos 3bedroom flats. D area of d entire building is Abt 11m x 25m..
Well like he mentioned my Plumber charged him 350 thousand to do d work from scratch to finish.. He pId 50k during d foundation where d plumber laid all d starter waste pipes In foundation for d 3 apartments.
Mr Yinka called me to a meeting after paying for foundation.. He offer a million Naira for supervision from oversite concrete (German floor) to completion of d project. Based on our calculations it will cost Abt 20M. Dts if we use my methods n resources. N not use Boq which we AL know dt, not all items n descriptions are usually paid for during construction. I asked for 10%. Making 2M, he offered 1M, I declined, he said he was going to contact me. I was hoping he will offer something reasonable say 7%, Unknowing to me, he had his plans.
D first day he invited me to his site, he came with his bricklayer dt has built for him b4. He shld av just open up to me dt he only needed me for d foundation, Wat de (client won't say) unfortunately is dt d following week, Mr Yinka bricklayer has began working, only for pple in d neighborhood to call Dt someone else was doing d work. Wen DE got to a stage, de needed my plumber, he called d plumber behind me n d plumber said he can't come to d site because d client ought to call his Engr to ask him to come to site. My Yinka n his wife kept calling him to come n work on dia site. Pls note dt since my last meeting with Mr Yinka, he dint n has not called me till date.. Last I can remember is dt I called him last year to give me d number of d sand Supplier he brought to site whose price was Gud.. Unknown to me, he holds grudges against me sef.
I had to send him a mail to stop contacting my workers, if he needs to dem,he shld call me. He dint engage dem on his own..
Pls tell me, is 350k for plumbering labor a reap off.? For a duplex n 2nos of 3bedrooms. From start to finish??

Back to Mr Fash...
I know Mr fash 2well dt I am not suppose to say something here. By I will respond a little.
1. Mr fash said he fired me. No problem.
2. I av worked with some pple here, we finished d scope of work, de dint cheat me, DE paid as at wen due, we respect each other.. I av adviced dem severally n DE dint av any issue wit me, for Mr Fash to say I am rude is one side of d coin. He dint mention his own statement to me.. Trust me, I know him so well. I know Wat his friends n family say Abt him by I won't go there.
3. Mr fash asked me to supervise his project in ogbomoso, I told him I won't charge him, dt he shld tell me Wat he has in mind to pay.. He said he will give me 150thousand Naira for a 4bedroom bungalow in ogbomoso. Pls note dt he dint also mention ds wen he reported me on ds platform. Mr spyder, 150k for an Engr to leave Lagos to ogbomoso for a project he proposed will last three month. I told him Haba, I shld ask for 500k or more bt don't rubbish me wit 150k, there r times I went to ogbomoso on his behalf, he dint provide accommodation ooo.. I ad to stay over at my psts place. To cut d long story, he said dt was his final offer n I notice dt his father n brother were also interested In Handling d project because de av bin. Calling me to send d drawings so d bricklayer can study it.. I had to ask Mr fash weda or not I shld send it. He gave go ahead n I sent it to dem.. D history here is dt I dint do d job..
150k.. 4bedroom in ogbomoso... Deris God. For some reason he said he will 2.5m on d 4bedroom bungalow, which everyone dt knows construction know dt, dts not possible. I did a bill n told him he will spend Abt 2.4M from start to roof stage which he said no ooo, ds materials n labor is cheap in ogbomoso ds n ds dp he's Max spend WIl b 3M. Last I can remember, he confirmed dt he spent Abt 2.5M to get to roof covering. We all know a Gud finish 4bedroom will cost Abt 5M to build.
4.wrt d fence,
wen fash n I discussed d project cost, I showed him how we can do d project for less Dan d 52M his Qs had prepared if we do direct labor which removes a lot of unnecessary cost.. We settled for 32m, give n take which I assured him was doable for d Design provided d taste of finishing is not too high. I asked for 10%. Fash said he was going to give me 1.5M. We later settled for 2M after several pleading n promises, he will introduce me to his friends ds n dt. God is my witness dt he was pleading n made all sort of promises. He promised dt we will finish d project in 6months...
Ds project is 2years 4month old 2day. He stopped d project for some times which is normal. My workers wanted variation due to inflation n time loss yet I told dem we won't do dt.. After one of Dos stoppage, we decided to do d fence, Pls note dt we dint discuss fence, d 32M was for d main building. So I asked to be paid for d fence.. Pls Mr spyder is dt a sin or a crime.. He was furious dt he won't pay, said so many things, I later sent him a mail to pay 500k knowing well dt he won't pay it n will offer a ridiculous amount as usual. He blasted n blasted dt he will fire me, infact he has fired me, later he sent another mail dt he will do d fence himself n I will continue wit d project.. I said no problem, do d fence ur sef.. If u go by d analysis he posted on d fence n gate house, he spent over 2M.. D record is still on Nairaland.. For Godsake, ds project is in Lasu iyano iba.. I will spend money on logistics, fuel n I av a family. N u don't want to pay.. I told him, Hw much will u pay for d fence n he insulted me.. We both moved on after d fence he cLled on me, we moved on, I bought doors for him n we continue d project..
Pls is it wrong to ask to be paid for fence work? If he had even said Elfad I will give u 50k or 100k. Withing Lagos here, I will do it.. Yet he spent 2.2M or more on d fence..
At d inception of any project I always advice my clients to get security men on ground.. For Mr fash's project we were paying 5k to a farmer who resides in d estate to stay over at our place.. We resumed to site, d plumber wrote out d mats he needed. Fash was buying dem in bites. Unfortunately some items were stolen after work had started, now ds is d issue,
wen we had nobody on ground no security man, d site had no door or window, not got missing. Wen d bricklayers he brought from ogbomoso came n DE sleep in d site o, mats get missing not ones bt twice..
B4 d 3rd purchase like Mr fash mentioned, we gave d list to his cousin, for some reasons, he refuse to give d list to fash, d same cousin dt all of a sudden started acting up, infact he benefited from my absence during d fence work n guess he was not happy I came back to d project.. Not until after a week or so b4 d list of mats needed was passed to fash. I sent several mgs to fash dt I av given d plumber d money he sent, honestly I dint want to mix up d cash in my hands, sincd he sent 30k fir d plumber, I simply sent it to d plumbers acct, and dt d materials shld b purchased on-time ooo.. I will leave d history..
Pls Hw has my workers charged me fash n Yinka high..for Mr Fash's project :
For a 4unit duplexes, d plumber charged 300k.. All rooms r ensuite. 16toilets and 4kitchen.. 2water tanks n all external works.
My electrician charge 230k for four unit attached duplexes... Pls Mr spyder is dt high.. I had to plead wit my team to take ds amount dt fash was my brother.
I av worked for d finance manager of floor mills of Nigeria tru ds platform. She can attest dt I am not in any way rude.. She doesn't know me b4, she's igbo n I am Yoruba yet we finished her work no quarrel.. We still exchanged new year mgs's. I av worked for some other pple on Nairaland, who r not in any way trying to cheat u for telling dem d truth Abt construction. It won't b right to mention dia names here..
I av chatted wit Haji M. Which I even told Mr Fash, I am sure Haji M would nt say I was rude or dint ans d questions he asked me..
I am tempted to talk Abt Mr fash's personality bt I won't.
His cousin n his friends r happy n benefiting from d fact dt I am not on d site. Fash has sent over 15M tru me n we dint av issues of I bought an item twice or I chop or dasuki his money.. There r so many things I am not at liberty to say because it will b wrong, even though Mr fash has decided to Spoil my name..
My Joy is dt, it is not a case of Elfad chop my money or.. I gave him money to buy A n he chop it or dt Elfad is incompetent...
If telling u d blunt truth is rudeness, no problem. If we can't respect each other because we know each other in Ch or because of age.. No problem.. Respect is Reciprocal de say..

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

What Are The Pros And Cons Of Flat Roof Design In Nigeria / Solar Inverters: Cost Implication, Durability And Issues / JOEPOOL Wave Ltd (swimming Pool Construction Company)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 141
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.