Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,039 members, 7,828,652 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 12:31 PM

Nigerian Navy(dssc) Recruitment Requirment - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Nigerian Navy(dssc) Recruitment Requirment (4878 Views)

Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 / Nigerian Navy DSSC 2014/2015 / Nigerian Navy (DSSC) 2013/2014 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Navy(dssc) Recruitment Requirment by blazincruz(m): 9:16pm On Aug 20, 2014
Source:http://myschoolhints.com/2014/08/nigerian-navydssc-recruitment/

ENTRY QUALIFICATIONS FOR NIGERIAN NAVY DIRECT SHORT SERVICE COMMISSION-COURSE
Below are the requirements and qualifications required for the following departments of Nigerian Navy.

Applicants must have the stated qualifications to be eligible for entry into the Nigerian NavyDirect Short Service Commission course.

DEPARTMENTS ENTRY QUALIFICATIONS
ACCOUNTS AND BUDGET
Applicants must possess a BSc/HND in Accountancy or Banking and Finance. ACA, ACCA, ACMA, CPA is an added advantage.

CHAPLAIN
Applicants must possess a Bachelor’s Degree from a registered institution of theology from either of the following:
*.Catholic Mission
*.Protestant Mission

Applicants must have completed one year apprenticeship in Apostolic Ministry and recommended from the pastoral missions. Diploma certificates from either the Protestant or Catholic Ministry will be an added advantage. Applicants in addition to qualifications required must be duly ordained clergy of their respective Christian faith.

EDUCATION
Applicants must possess B.Ed, BA or BSc in any of the following fields:
*.Mathematics.
*.Statistics.
*.Physics.
*.Chemistry.
*.Biology.
*.Geography.
*.French.
*.Computer Science.
*.Political Science/International Relations.
*.Economics.
*.Guidance and Counseling.
*.Library Science.
*.History.

ENGINEERING
Applicants must possess a BSc or HND or equivalent qualifications in the following fields:
*.Naval Architecture/Ship Design.
*.Mechanical/Marine Engineering.
*.Electrical/Electronic Engineering.
*.Aeronautical Engineering.
Membership of Council of Registered Engineers of Nigeria (COREN) will be an added advantage.

HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT
Applicants must possess a B.Sc, BA, HND or equivalents in Personnel Management, Public Administration and Human Resource Management. Membership of NIM and other relevant bodies is an added advantage.

HYDROGRAPHY
Applicants must possess a BSc Degree or HND in Land Survey or Cartography or GIS Membership of NIS is an added advantage. Applicants with BSc Degree in Physics and Mathematics must possess a Post Graduate Diploma in Land Survey to be eligible.

NAVAL INFORMATION
Applicants must possess BA or HND in Mass Communication, Journalism or Printing Technology. Knowledge of ICT and membership of Nigerian Institute of Public Relations will be an added advantage.

INFORMATION AND COMMUNICATION TECHNOLOGY
Applicants must possess B.Sc/B.Tech in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, B.Eng Electronics and B.Eng Computer. Priority will be given to candidates with relevant qualification in website design, ORACLE, CISCO and JAVA certifications coupled with relevant working experience.

IMAM
Applicants must possess BA Degree in Islamic studies with special reference to Islamic Jurisprudence and Theology. Applicants with Post-Graduate Diploma in Islamic studies must have 5years experience. Applicants must be able to read and write in English Language.

LEGAL SERVICES
Applicants must possess LL.B and BL with 3years post call experience. Possession of LLM and specialization in maritime Law, commercial Law, IHL and LOAC is an added advantage.

LOGISTICS
*.Quantity Survey:Minimum of BSc/HND Quantity Survey.

*.Building Engineering:Minimum of BSc/HND Building Engineering.

*.Structural Engineering:Minimum of BSc/HND in Structural Engineering required.

*.Architecture:MSc Architecture is required.

*.Land Survey:Bsc or HND in Land Survey, Geoinformatics or Cartography. Certificate in GIS and membership of NIS will be an added advantage.

*.Civil Engineering:Minimum of BSc/HND Civil Engineering is required.

*.Estate Management:BSc/HND in Estate Management is required.

*.Dietician:BSc/HND in Dietetics / Nutrition Science is required.
Membership of relevant professional bodies will be an added advantage.

MEDICAL
*.Medical Doctors: (General Duty Medical Officers) MBBS or equivalent qualification required. Certificate of full registration and current license to practice from MDCN are relevant. Academic BSc degree holders are not required

*.Radiography: Minimum of BSc/HND required.

*.Nursing: BNSc/SRN or SRM with post basic qualification in a nursing field. Sub specializations such as ICU, A&E, Theatre, and Anesthesia will be an added advantage.

*.Medical Records: Minimum of BSc/HND required.
*.Dental Surgeons

*.Lab Scientists:Minimum of BSc/HND Medical Lab Sciences
*.Dieticians
*.Clinical Psychologist: BSc/MSc Clinical Psychology other professional certificates will be an added advantage.

*.Pharmacy:Minimum of BPharm is required. Possession of other professional certificate will be an added advantage.

*.Bio-medical Engineer:Minimum of BSc/HND Biomedical Engineering is required.

SEAMAN Nigerian Navy SEAMAN Applicants must possess a BSc or HND from recognize institution in Nautical Sciences. A professional certificate from relevant maritime institutions is an added advantage.

PT/SPORTSBA Physical Education.

BANDSBA Degree in Music with proficiency in musical instruments.
So, if you are thinking or planning to apply for the next recruitment into the Nigerian Navy DSSC course, you may want to go through this list of entry requirements.

Candidates should please note that this information is correct at the time of publication and the Nigerian Navy reserves the right to change or modify any part of it at any time without any notice to you.We will strive to update this information whenever any changes come to continue to make it complete, correct and accurate.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Navy(dssc) Recruitment Requirment by samplanner(m): 9:35pm On Aug 20, 2014
there is a requirement for every recruitment. the list is subjected to change.
Re: Nigerian Navy(dssc) Recruitment Requirment by chamboy(m): 10:02pm On Aug 20, 2014
please i need update on this
Re: Nigerian Navy(dssc) Recruitment Requirment by udumosam23(m): 10:13pm On Aug 20, 2014
I have been waiting for this moment.( Oh God pls help me) This has always been in my dreams. I meet all the requirements.

Got a diploma cert. from trinity college of ministerial arts and a bachelor of divinity degree from theological college of northern Nigeria. Served both as an evangelist and mission pastor with the presbyterian church of Nigeria and recently licenced as a minister.

I know there will always be this Nigerian factor of who recommends who, this is why I'm making this prayer. Just be moved to email me @ udumosamuel2014@yahoo.com or watsapp me @ 08066016141.
Re: Nigerian Navy(dssc) Recruitment Requirment by ejikemichael: 10:40pm On Aug 20, 2014
Hw do I apply
Re: Nigerian Navy(dssc) Recruitment Requirment by Toliimaa: 3:56am On Aug 21, 2014
No link to apply
Re: Nigerian Navy(dssc) Recruitment Requirment by james2020(m): 9:55am On Aug 21, 2014
IS THIS NOT ANOTHER FRAUD BY THE MINISTRY OF DEFENCE TO EXTORT MONEY FROM THE POOR AND SELECT THOSE WHO HAVE GOD FATHER JUST LIKE THE DID IN THE SHORT LISTED CANDIDATES OF THE NIGERIAN ARMY . I WILL NEVER AGAIN APPLY FOR ANY JOB THAT I WILL NEED TO PAY ALL IN THE NAME OF REGISTRATION OR APPLICATION FEE . GOOD LUCK TO U

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Navy(dssc) Recruitment Requirment by uzokingn(m): 10:08am On Aug 21, 2014
well all these recruitment should be looked into to make the process transparent.
Re: Nigerian Navy(dssc) Recruitment Requirment by ChelseaKings: 10:10am On Aug 21, 2014
I read Agric and Bio-resources Engineering. Can I apply for any other engineering courses listed?
Re: Nigerian Navy(dssc) Recruitment Requirment by uzokingn(m): 10:10am On Aug 21, 2014
james2020: IS THIS NOT ANOTHER FRAUD BY THE MINISTRY OF DEFENCE TO EXTORT MONEY FROM THE POOR AND SELECT THOSE WHO HAVE GOD FATHER JUST LIKE THE DID IN THE SHORT LISTED CANDIDATES OF THE NIGERIAN ARMY . I WILL NEVER AGAIN APPLY FOR ANY JOB THAT I WILL NEED TO PAY ALL IN THE NAME OF REGISTRATION OR APPLICATION FEE . GOOD LUCK TO U
are u seeing what am saw. making money from unemployed youths.
Re: Nigerian Navy(dssc) Recruitment Requirment by Romics: 10:51pm On Aug 30, 2014
uzokingn: are u seeing what am saw. making money from unemployed youths.

Please anyone who has new updates about the NN should kindly share it with us.thanx
Re: Nigerian Navy(dssc) Recruitment Requirment by lieutAliyu(m): 11:34pm On Aug 30, 2014
There will be no selling of forms till next year march because some group of naval officers are still in training,doubt me at your own peril!
Re: Nigerian Navy(dssc) Recruitment Requirment by trademyke(m): 8:15pm On Nov 14, 2014
hello,I would luv to know when the naval short service form for 14/15 will be out!

(1) (Reply)

Graduate Trainee Recruitment At Fintrak Software Co. Limited / Post Abuja Freelance/volunteering/part-time Jobs *here* / My Fiance His Getting Frustrated Please Help!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.