Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,977 members, 7,817,882 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:59 PM

Keshi Quits On Nigeria As Contract Renewal Turns Sour - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Keshi Quits On Nigeria As Contract Renewal Turns Sour (2231 Views)

Oliseh, Pinnick Shocked As Emenike Quits On Instagram / Vincent Enyeama Finally Quits Unceremoniously. / Emmanuel Adebayor Leaves Tottenham As Contract Cancelled (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Keshi Quits On Nigeria As Contract Renewal Turns Sour by kris(m): 6:17am On Aug 21, 2014
Out of contract Coach of the Super Eagles of Nigeria, Stephen Keshi has revealed exclusively to footballlive.ng that he is not willing to wait on the NFF again as he has missed different opportunities while trying to get a new contract with Nigeria.

“I can’t wait long again; I have missed a lot of opportunities from other countries not even only South Africa, but even Gabon and co. I can’t wait any longer. I wish the team well, I am happy with the players but my career needs to move on, I need to grow but if really the NFF is serious, they are not gonna propose the same commission that I had for the last two and a half years and expecting me to take that for another four years. It’s crazy and that means that indirectly, they don’t want you but I can understand that”

The Big Boss has been out of contract with the Super Eagles after this summer’s world cup hosted in Brazil, South America. Contract negotiations have been on for a couple of weeks with the hope that the former Mali and Togo boss will renew his contract but any hope of that seems to be in the gutter with Keshi saying that he is fed up with the protracted talks stressing that he has missed a lot of lucrative deals in the process.

However, Keshi is still very keen and concerned about the team and Nigeria both of whom he has served for several years. Keshi together with his secretary Dayo Enebi together drew a 23-man list to face Congo next month in Calabar.

“Right now I don’t have any link but I just still have the boys at mind and we talk. Dayo Enebi-my secretary, he’s one heck of a guy. He’s a great Nigerian and he called me about two weeks ago and said coach we have to do this but I replied him that I had no contract with Nigeria again.”

“But he appealed and said I had to do it. We did a lot of work to look at those players ready for the season, playing in pre-season friendlies and so we came out with a 23-man list and I hope they will be able to use that and get a good result against Congo.”

http://www.footballlive.ng/football/9ja-news/keshi-quits-on-nigeria-as-contract-renewal-turns-sour/?utm_source=footballLive&utm_medium=facebook
Re: Keshi Quits On Nigeria As Contract Renewal Turns Sour by bbello28(m): 6:19am On Aug 21, 2014
LobaTan sad
Re: Keshi Quits On Nigeria As Contract Renewal Turns Sour by kris(m): 6:20am On Aug 21, 2014
Oya, wetin una think?

Leave a comment and let us know if you're happy or sad about this news.
Re: Keshi Quits On Nigeria As Contract Renewal Turns Sour by kris(m): 6:25am On Aug 21, 2014
Oliseh or Siasia, which is your pick?
Re: Keshi Quits On Nigeria As Contract Renewal Turns Sour by egbaguy: 6:26am On Aug 21, 2014
keshi is a hell of greedy guy............u had a disaster of a wc,yet u want an increase in salary. I bet,no credible country will employ keshi. Dude is tactically stupid

1 Like

Re: Keshi Quits On Nigeria As Contract Renewal Turns Sour by Nobody: 6:27am On Aug 21, 2014
NFF delayed him, so what? His issue aint at the top of the list of 9ja's most crucial matters. undecided
Re: Keshi Quits On Nigeria As Contract Renewal Turns Sour by kris(m): 6:29am On Aug 21, 2014
egbaguy: keshi is a hell of greedy guy............u had a disaster of a wc,yet u want an increase in salary. I bet,no credible country will employ keshi. Dude is tactically stupid

But the guy say there are countries wey want to pay am a lot more. smiley
Re: Keshi Quits On Nigeria As Contract Renewal Turns Sour by Nobody: 6:34am On Aug 21, 2014
NFF is a set of wicked men that never want Nigeria to progress.
Re: Keshi Quits On Nigeria As Contract Renewal Turns Sour by egbaguy: 6:34am On Aug 21, 2014
kris:

But the guy say their are countries wey want to pay am a lot more. smiley
all nah business strategy.......keshi is just like jonathan. They both av goodluck. Tell me,didnt we use luck to win d afcon?
Re: Keshi Quits On Nigeria As Contract Renewal Turns Sour by rastamouse: 6:35am On Aug 21, 2014
Sometimes it is best to let go. Keshi seems to be having the nation's balls in ropes making all kinds of demands with threats to quit.

Let Keshi go and see who will miss who
Re: Keshi Quits On Nigeria As Contract Renewal Turns Sour by kris(m): 6:37am On Aug 21, 2014
egbaguy: all nah business strategy.......keshi is just like jonathan. They both av goodluck. Tell me,didnt we use luck to win d afcon?

Lol that is funny.
Re: Keshi Quits On Nigeria As Contract Renewal Turns Sour by kris(m): 6:38am On Aug 21, 2014
What if him go coach another country wey come beat Naija, come win the cup? Lol
Re: Keshi Quits On Nigeria As Contract Renewal Turns Sour by Nobody: 7:05am On Aug 21, 2014
NFF are just after lining their selfish pocket,not interested in football development.
Re: Keshi Quits On Nigeria As Contract Renewal Turns Sour by LordCenturion(m): 7:09am On Aug 21, 2014
Keshi has done well for Nigeria, it's time for him to look for another job.......

1 Like

Re: Keshi Quits On Nigeria As Contract Renewal Turns Sour by padeolu: 7:17am On Aug 21, 2014
Dayo Enebi-my secretary, he’s one heck of a guy. He’s a great Nigerian and he called me about two weeks ago and said coach we have to do this but I replied him that I had no contract with Nigeria again.”
“But he appealed and said I had to do it. We did a lot of work to look at those players ready for the season, playing in pre-season friendlies and so we came out with a 23-man list and I hope they will be able to use that and get a good result against Congo.”.
this man mumu no be small. Who tell am make he compile 23-man list? The 23-man wey em carry go world cup, wetin dem carry come? This man is desperately looking for attention. Naija don tire for dis kind yeye tactics of his.. Accpet contract or go to Gabon...we've better people that can fill that position
Re: Keshi Quits On Nigeria As Contract Renewal Turns Sour by Beive85: 7:27am On Aug 21, 2014
Re: Keshi Quits On Nigeria As Contract Renewal Turns Sour by Nobody: 7:31am On Aug 21, 2014
If I am NFF chairman I won't give a pay rise. Our outing in Brazil was poor, we could have done better.

If Keshi won't accept the offer in front of him let's try someone else
Re: Keshi Quits On Nigeria As Contract Renewal Turns Sour by theplanmaker: 7:37am On Aug 21, 2014
keshi has done his bit for Nigeria. he came at a time when we had lost our spot in Africa, keshi brought that back. but right now we need to achieve greater heights, and keshi does not have the tactical and technical know-how to move super eagles forward, the worldcup proved that......it is Nigeria that needs to move on

1 Like

Re: Keshi Quits On Nigeria As Contract Renewal Turns Sour by Nobody: 7:51am On Aug 21, 2014
I don't know about others but I am sick and tired of everything to do with Keshi being the subject of media debate.

He needs to keep quiet knuckle down and get on with the job or quit once and for all!

Today he quits, tomorrow he is back and the next he is considering offers else where. Since he became coach the eagles strike all the time over pay.

This kind of disharmony is just NOT How to run any Nation's football!
Re: Keshi Quits On Nigeria As Contract Renewal Turns Sour by safarigirl(f): 7:57am On Aug 21, 2014
Abeg what is footballlive.ng that all of you are believing this story?

If it's not from KON/Colin Udoh or CompleteSports or Goal.com then I don't believe it

All these ones are just attempts to sell. Footballive ni, footballrecorded ko
Re: Keshi Quits On Nigeria As Contract Renewal Turns Sour by Emmybreezy(m): 7:58am On Aug 21, 2014
egbaguy: keshi is a hell of greedy guy............u had a disaster of a wc,yet u want an increase in salary. I bet,no credible country will employ keshi. Dude is tactically stupid
fool can u keep ur mouth shut if u have nutin gud say
Re: Keshi Quits On Nigeria As Contract Renewal Turns Sour by hushmail: 8:04am On Aug 21, 2014
keshi z free to or to serve his country
his choice

am tired of read abt his contract problems

but keshi will not achieve wt congo or gabon what he can achieve wt 9ja
Re: Keshi Quits On Nigeria As Contract Renewal Turns Sour by Nobody: 8:27am On Aug 21, 2014
safarigirl: Abeg what is footballlive.ng that all of you are believing this story?

If it's not from KON/Colin Udoh or CompleteSports or Goal.com then I don't believe it

www.sl10.ng/news/articles/categories/south-africa/stephen-keshi-tired-of-waiting-for-the-nff/174077

back on the matter. I think keshi should be given the contract, no minding the terms nd conditions, even if he demands for 1billon weekly salary.
the ghanaian coach perfomed badly in world cup and I am certained he will still coach ghana in afcon if they qualify.

Keshi did well during Afcon 2013, what will stop him now?

atleast we are not playing the likes of Germany, Argentina, Brazil here in Afcon. We need keshi to manage the team now
Re: Keshi Quits On Nigeria As Contract Renewal Turns Sour by egbaguy: 8:31am On Aug 21, 2014
Emmybreezy: fool can u keep ur mouth shut if u have nutin gud say
ok........clap for ur miserable sef
Re: Keshi Quits On Nigeria As Contract Renewal Turns Sour by egbaguy: 8:35am On Aug 21, 2014
kris:

Lol that is funny.
keshi is just like my former coach,roberto di matteo,he won ucl,den nowhere to b found again
Re: Keshi Quits On Nigeria As Contract Renewal Turns Sour by Nobody: 8:40am On Aug 21, 2014
egbaguy: keshi is just like my former coach,roberto di matteo,he won ucl,den nowhere to b found again
Keshi's technical and tatical abilities wasn't sufficient in the world cup to beat the likes of France and Argentina. But, I believe beating any team in africa will be easier for him
Re: Keshi Quits On Nigeria As Contract Renewal Turns Sour by safarigirl(f): 8:46am On Aug 21, 2014
blueto: www.sl10.ng/news/articles/categories/south-africa/stephen-keshi-tired-of-waiting-for-the-nff/174077

back on the matter. I think keshi should be given the contract, no minding the terms nd conditions, even if he demands for 1billon weekly salary.
the ghanaian coach perfomed badly in world cup and I am certained he will still coach ghana in afcon if they qualify.

Keshi did well during Afcon 2013, what will stop him now?

atleast we are not playing the likes of Germany, Argentina, Brazil here in Afcon. We need keshi to manage the team now
did I list that site? Nope. For all I know they just did copy and paste
Re: Keshi Quits On Nigeria As Contract Renewal Turns Sour by Nobody: 8:55am On Aug 21, 2014
safarigirl: did I list that site? Nope. For all I know they just did copy and paste
They copied, pasted and modified it a little cheesycheesy

but, the question is, where was it geniuely copied from?
Have you checked any of those sites you listed above to confirm that there is no article like that?
Re: Keshi Quits On Nigeria As Contract Renewal Turns Sour by egbaguy: 8:59am On Aug 21, 2014
blueto: Keshi's technical and tatical abilities wasn't sufficient in the world cup to beat the likes of France and Argentina. But, I believe beating any team in africa will be easier for him
how 'beautiful' was it in beating african countries? Do we really av a pattern? Does he read match at all? D dude is an overfed MOFO
Re: Keshi Quits On Nigeria As Contract Renewal Turns Sour by kris(m): 9:04am On Aug 21, 2014
safarigirl: Abeg what is footballlive.ng that all of you are believing this story?

KON is dead.
Re: Keshi Quits On Nigeria As Contract Renewal Turns Sour by Goke7: 9:35am On Aug 21, 2014
i just hope that with the nff building on fire, our national team will not also go on fire, we are treating this keshi's matter very lightly with all the silly comments of him not being tactical, i also hope we will not eat our words when the Eagles begin to struggle to qualify for afcon or fail woefully at next year afcon under a different set of coaches.

i will say this again, if you want to replace keshi, get a coach that has taken a team to the quarterfinal of a world cup before, anything short of this , we are going back to where keshi picked us from.

we have very short memories as Nigerians, keshi deserve a pay rise for his efforts so far, only myopic individuals will not agree, he's not as bad as we painting him to be, I have my reservations about keshi as well but I refuse to run down a coach because he did not select my preferred players.

1 Like

Re: Keshi Quits On Nigeria As Contract Renewal Turns Sour by Elnino4ladies: 9:59am On Aug 21, 2014
Keshi is 2 greedy,self centered..let him go nc coach gabon we dnt giv a fvck...#oliseh

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Is Inline Skating In Nigeria Poor? / How To Spot The Fake Nigerian Jersey (pics) / Caption This Ronaldo And Messi Picture

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.