Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,754 members, 7,827,776 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 04:54 PM

Easiest Ways To Stay Awake While Studying At Night - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Easiest Ways To Stay Awake While Studying At Night (3616 Views)

Easy Ways To Stay Awake While Studying At Night (FOR STUDENTS) / How To Stay Awake While Reading / Tips To Stay Awake While Studying (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Easiest Ways To Stay Awake While Studying At Night by obynocj(m): 8:46am On Aug 21, 2014
There are many Easiest Ways To Stay Awake While Studying At Night, but students in higher institution of learning and secondary schools hardly notice it, hence, they ignore this simple and easiest life style that can help them stay awake to study at Night. Its already scientifically proven that students who study at Night tends to understand more than those that study during the day. Here is Four Easiest Ways To Stay Awake While Studying At Night:

Drink a Lot of Water
When you’re trying to stay awake waters the way to go. Dehydration can make you sleepy, so keeping your body hydrated will stave off those symptoms. If you are really sleepy, drink a lot of water to make sure you stay up. If you have to get up to go to the bathroom, it will definitely keep you awake! by water I don’t mean alcohol or coffee because it may contain water)
Take Breaks
Your brain is a complex thing but it still needs rest if you want to study hard for a long time as well as doing the best you can on your test. Schedule out your time so you can take a break try a study routine for 45 minutes, break for 15, and so forth. Set the alarm on your mobile so you don’t forget (or if you’re afraid you’ll fall asleep). Watch a TV show, talk to a friend, read a book, or listen to some music but nothing school related at all, even if it’s a TV show.
[img]http://3.bp..com/-pFmX_GnCSSo/U-yTDa1b6MI/AAAAAAAASvA/UyIMZOmCPO0/s1600/482182953.jpg[/img]
Exercise
Exercise can be a great way to wake yourself up take a short walk, dance to some music on your iPod (without waking up your roommates or your parents depending on where your living and the time), or head over to the gym for a little while. Taking a shower after a workout can wake you up even more (cold will wake you up but shocking the body’s never good so just a general shower). Don’t Study Somewhere Comfortable No curling up into a nice ball on your pillow with soft music playing the background will not help you stay awake, maybe heavy metal rock will but its better just to sit on a chair back straight lamp on and revise, no pillows, no comfortableness, when your body wants to sleep yet you have to fight it comfort ability should be what your actively seeking to stop.

See more on http:///tEjfV

1 Like

Re: Easiest Ways To Stay Awake While Studying At Night by Nobody: 9:12am On Aug 21, 2014
Chew one big, round, fat kolanut ... grin works anytime

1 Like

Re: Easiest Ways To Stay Awake While Studying At Night by nwaobitex: 9:37am On Aug 21, 2014
hmm
Re: Easiest Ways To Stay Awake While Studying At Night by MisterLongman(m): 11:30am On Aug 21, 2014
I agree and disagree with taking a lot of water...... Because it will keep you awake but instead of studying, you will end up going to toilet numerous times to urinate especially if your bladder can't contain too much water.
Re: Easiest Ways To Stay Awake While Studying At Night by dania30(f): 1:04pm On Aug 21, 2014
I absolutely agree esp dt break thing... it always works
Re: Easiest Ways To Stay Awake While Studying At Night by Nobody: 1:50pm On Aug 21, 2014
MisterLongman: I agree and disagree with taking a lot of water...... Because it will keep you awake but instead of studying, you will end up going to toilet numerous times to urinate especially if your bladder can't contain too much water.

that's why you need to consume less sugar or sweet stuffs. esp. as males .. else you weaken your bladder & easily exposes your system to diabetes there after hardly endures urge to pee ...

the water tin. na Sure formula ...tested & trusted .

@op though most of my reading/studying time is at day ,mostly evenings ( like 3 -8 pm ) & still understands & assimilates best by then .

nice tips though ....tnx..
Re: Easiest Ways To Stay Awake While Studying At Night by FunnyPikincom(m): 2:54pm On Aug 21, 2014
obynocj: There are many Easiest Ways To Stay Awake While Studying At Night, but students in higher institution of learning and secondary schools hardly notice it, hence, they ignore this simple and easiest life style that can help them stay awake to study at Night. Its already scientifically proven that students who study at Night tends to understand more than those that study during the day. Here is Four Easiest Ways To Stay Awake While Studying At Night:

Drink a Lot of Water
When you’re trying to stay awake waters the way to go. Dehydration can make you sleepy, so keeping your body hydrated will stave off those symptoms. If you are really sleepy, drink a lot of water to make sure you stay up. If you have to get up to go to the bathroom, it will definitely keep you awake! by water I don’t mean alcohol or coffee because it may contain water)
Take Breaks
Your brain is a complex thing but it still needs rest if you want to study hard for a long time as well as doing the best you can on your test. Schedule out your time so you can take a break try a study routine for 45 minutes, break for 15, and so forth. Set the alarm on your mobile so you don’t forget (or if you’re afraid you’ll fall asleep). Watch a TV show, talk to a friend, read a book, or listen to some music but nothing school related at all, even if it’s a TV show.
[img]http://3.bp..com/-pFmX_GnCSSo/U-yTDa1b6MI/AAAAAAAASvA/UyIMZOmCPO0/s1600/482182953.jpg[/img]
Exercise
Exercise can be a great way to wake yourself up take a short walk, dance to some music on your iPod (without waking up your roommates or your parents depending on where your living and the time), or head over to the gym for a little while. Taking a shower after a workout can wake you up even more (cold will wake you up but shocking the body’s never good so just a general shower). Don’t Study Somewhere Comfortable No curling up into a nice ball on your pillow with soft music playing the background will not help you stay awake, maybe heavy metal rock will but its better just to sit on a chair back straight lamp on and revise, no pillows, no comfortableness, when your body wants to sleep yet you have to fight it comfort ability should be what your actively seeking to stop.

See more on http:///tEjfV
Bro, Its unfair oOo embarassed, You just copied my blogpost word for word without credit. and you wish to grow abi
See where u copied it> http://www.vibenigeria.com/easiest-ways-stay-awake-studying-night/

Haaan, you cant even edit and rewirte... Na by force to be blogger? undecided
Re: Easiest Ways To Stay Awake While Studying At Night by martyns303(m): 3:19pm On Aug 21, 2014
Am sure what the poster wrote works for 3-4hrs of reading. I have not slept for more than 10hrs in the last 7 days. I can't afford to sleep, am trying to sleep now, but I can't. How I stay awake is by loads of caffeine, when my head aches I take paracetamol, and loads of fruits, so I don't feel heavy and the need to rest or sleep. Sometimes you have to burst ur as* to achieve ur goals.

Re: Easiest Ways To Stay Awake While Studying At Night by killercute16(m): 3:25pm On Aug 21, 2014
This is the kind of thread have been looking....nice write up @op
Re: Easiest Ways To Stay Awake While Studying At Night by Adrenaline123(m): 10:08pm On Aug 21, 2014
cry cry cry
I have tried everything possible nothing, but they don't work sad

1 Like

Re: Easiest Ways To Stay Awake While Studying At Night by Nobody: 11:13pm On Aug 21, 2014
Tazmode: Chew one big, round, fat kolanut ... grin works anytime

TDB things..gringrin
Re: Easiest Ways To Stay Awake While Studying At Night by cornelin(m): 1:49am On Aug 22, 2014
This is my own natural way of staying awake without any form of caffeine containing drinks. The one thing I learnt is that you can't easily cheat sleep when it comes. Though few people might be able to overcome it at the onset but 90% of these people wouldn't be able to explain it when it comes back stronger the second or perhaps the third time. What has worked for me and is still working is that I usually make sure I have a very deep sleep of three hours say from 5 p.m. till 8 p.m. Before then, I've got my alarm set to 8 p.m. Another vital part that has been of great help is a female friend whom I personally asked to always call me once it's 8 until I drop the call myself, that would let her know that I'm awake. As most times my alarm would not wake me up. I bet you, after the good sleep and a bottle of orange drink by my side, I am the lord of the night.
It works for me, it might also work for you.
Re: Easiest Ways To Stay Awake While Studying At Night by funshyboi(m): 7:43pm On Aug 22, 2014
Nothing in this life would make me click that link
Re: Easiest Ways To Stay Awake While Studying At Night by Nobody: 9:14pm On Aug 22, 2014
Adrenaline123: cry cry cry
I have tried everything possible nothing, but they don't work sad
Lol
buh dude, you black oo grin shocked
Re: Easiest Ways To Stay Awake While Studying At Night by Adrenaline123(m): 10:54pm On Aug 22, 2014
KingMEXX: Lol
buh dude, you black oo grin shocked
grin grin

(1) (Reply)

FUTO Post Jamb Results!!! / Rochas Relocates Imo State University To His Village / Reasons Why External DE Candidate May Not Gain Admission This Year

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.