Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,175 members, 7,821,982 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:31 PM

Ebola Travel: South Africa Bans Incomers From W Africa- BBC - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Ebola Travel: South Africa Bans Incomers From W Africa- BBC (1050 Views)

How Nigeria Has Affected The Rest Of Africa- BBC News (2010) / Scotland Scottish Referendum: Voters To Reject Independence - BBC / Liberia's Ebola Bodies Abandoned On Streets (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ebola Travel: South Africa Bans Incomers From W Africa- BBC by Nobody: 5:22pm On Aug 21, 2014
South Africa says non-citizens arriving from Ebola-affected areas of West Africa will not be allowed into the country.

The health ministry said borders would be closed to all non citizen travellers from Guinea, Liberia and Sierra Leone.

South African nationals will be allowed to re-enter the country when returning from high-risk countries, but will undergo strict screening.

All non-essential outgoing travel to the affected countries has been banned.

Usual screening procedures are in place for those who travel between Nigeria, Kenya and Ethiopia, which have been defined as medium-risk countries.

Nigeria stepped up its airport screening procedures after a number of Ebola cases were confirmed.
South Africa has experienced two Ebola scares in recent weeks, involving passengers arriving from Liberia and Guinea. But the country has managed to stay Ebola-free
until now.

Johannesburg has one of the major transit airports,connecting southern Africa with the rest of the continent.

Separately, the African Union (AU) announced plans to send a special team to the four affected countries. The six-month-long operation, involving volunteer doctors, nurses and medical personnel, will cost around $25m (£15m) and begin immediately, the AU said in a statement.

http://bbc.com/news/world-africa-28879020
Re: Ebola Travel: South Africa Bans Incomers From W Africa- BBC by anonymous6(f): 5:33pm On Aug 21, 2014
To slow this Ebola disease from spreading is the best way forward, African countries are stepping up with this
Re: Ebola Travel: South Africa Bans Incomers From W Africa- BBC by Nobody: 6:47pm On Aug 21, 2014
Thank God! Now they decide to act. Welcomed development!
Re: Ebola Travel: South Africa Bans Incomers From W Africa- BBC by nora544: 7:38pm On Aug 21, 2014
That is very good what south africa make because it is the same what we make here in europa when a person with fever and he just come from a country with ebola the best is to test him and put him for some hours in isolation.

When Nigeria had make this when Ebola starts in West africa no Ebola where in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Ebola Travel: South Africa Bans Incomers From W Africa- BBC by morpheus24: 8:22pm On Aug 21, 2014
nora544: That is very good what south africa make because it is the same what we make here in europa when a person with fever and he just come from a country with ebola the best is to test him and put him for some hours in isolation.
When Nigeria had make this when Ebola starts in West africa no Ebola where in Nigeria.

Which kind grammar you dey speak

Kai!
Re: Ebola Travel: South Africa Bans Incomers From W Africa- BBC by Nobody: 8:55pm On Aug 21, 2014
morpheus24:

Which kind grammar you dey speak

Kai!
She's Austrian/German.
Re: Ebola Travel: South Africa Bans Incomers From W Africa- BBC by iterator25: 11:39pm On Aug 21, 2014
nora544: That is very good what south africa make because it is the same what we make here in europa when a person with fever and he just come from a country with ebola the best is to test him and put him for some hours in isolation.

listen, i'll find you and i'll break your two legs
Re: Ebola Travel: South Africa Bans Incomers From W Africa- BBC by zaandrew: 8:46am On Aug 22, 2014
iterator25: listen, i'll find you and i'll break your two legs

Those who give threats online are bed wetting cowards.

1 Like

Re: Ebola Travel: South Africa Bans Incomers From W Africa- BBC by KLEINBASS: 10:35am On Aug 22, 2014
a

1 Like

Re: Ebola Travel: South Africa Bans Incomers From W Africa- BBC by morpheus24: 3:32pm On Aug 22, 2014
^^^^^

"the country of Africa" part cracks me up!

2 Likes

Re: Ebola Travel: South Africa Bans Incomers From W Africa- BBC by Helghast: 2:34am On Aug 23, 2014
morpheus24: ^^^^^

"the country of Africa" part cracks me up!

L☹L! We're all in this together

(1) (Reply)

La Tomatina: Tomatoes Throwing Party In Spain. If Only These Guys Know / Brexit: My Opinion / Trump Threatens To Overthrow Kim If He Refuses To Denuclearize

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.