Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,126 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:45 PM

Boko Haram Takes Over Another Nigeria Town: Witnesses, Official - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Boko Haram Takes Over Another Nigeria Town: Witnesses, Official (1412 Views)

Biafra: Court Provides Barricade For Witnesses Against Kanu [PHOTOS] / Masked Witnesses Cannot Testify Against Kanu - Court To FG / CHAD TROOPS RETURN To Nigeria Town After Boko Haram Kill 11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Boko Haram Takes Over Another Nigeria Town: Witnesses, Official by Ekundayo7: 5:54pm On Aug 21, 2014
For anyone doubting the utter failure of the FG and military....read on. Meanwhile, two new helicopter are being delivered as "transport" for the FG hippos ease and comfort. Rot in HELL you thieving swine.

AFP 1 hour ago
Kano (Nigeria) (AFP) - Boko Haram has seized control of a town in northeastern Nigeria, the latest to fall into Islamist hands in the crisis-hit region, witnesses and a local official said Thursday.
Related Stories

Several residents who fled the Boko Haram assault on Buni Yadi in Yobe state said it began late last month, with the insurgents ultimately taking over the main government building.

They have reportedly raised their flag above the building and have carried out summary executions, including of two people who were caught smoking cigarettes.

Abdullahi Bego, the spokesman for Yobe's Governor Ibrahim Geidam, could not confirm the executions.

But he told AFP:"As I speak there are no military in Buni Yadi and locals say that Boko Haram come and go as they please.

"So many people from Buni Yadi have fled to the state capital Damaturu," he added.

Residents said the rebels, who massacred dozens of students at a boarding school in Buni Yadi in February and kidnapped more than 200 schoolgirls from neighbouring Borno state in April, had set up roadblocks.

They were also robbing people as they tried to flee.

"I left Buni Yadi yesterday (Wednesday) because it was no longer safe for me and my family," said trader Surajo Muhammad.

The gunmen "shot dead two men for smoking and they also killed a known drug peddler", he added.

Tijjani Bukar, who also fled, reported the same executions.

"I couldn't stay any longer because I came to realise these people have come to stay," he said.

"I thought they would be there for a few days but from our understanding they have turned the town into their (territory)."

The United Nations has confirmed that Boko Haram had seized control of the towns of Damboa and Gwoza in Borno state in recent weeks.

There are indications that Damboa was retaken by the military in an offensive earlier this month but details are not clear.
http://news.yahoo.com/boko-haram-takes-over-another-nigeria-town-witnesses-142352168.html
Re: Boko Haram Takes Over Another Nigeria Town: Witnesses, Official by Nobody: 6:01pm On Aug 21, 2014
We talking Ebola you talking Boko haram.

2 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Takes Over Another Nigeria Town: Witnesses, Official by ijeomaayuba: 6:02pm On Aug 21, 2014
Read more about the power of facebook http://www.pureleverage.com/ijeomaayuba/harness-the-power-of-facebook-to-skyrocket-your-business/
Harness the POWER of Facebook to skyrocket your business... | Ijeoma Pure Leverage
www.pureleverage.com
Harness the POWER of Facebook to skyrocket your business... Become an INSTANT Facebook Expert today... Get more exposure for your business, quickly...
Re: Boko Haram Takes Over Another Nigeria Town: Witnesses, Official by Faun(m): 6:07pm On Aug 21, 2014
Beautiful news!
Northerners deserve everything they're getting today cool

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Takes Over Another Nigeria Town: Witnesses, Official by Nobody: 6:15pm On Aug 21, 2014
^^ The guy above me is a bloody racist!

6 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Takes Over Another Nigeria Town: Witnesses, Official by kkkp: 6:15pm On Aug 21, 2014
Faun: Beautiful news!
Northerners deserve everything they're getting today cool
idiot u dnt have respect 4 human lyf
Re: Boko Haram Takes Over Another Nigeria Town: Witnesses, Official by Faun(m): 6:20pm On Aug 21, 2014
kkkp: idiot u dnt have respect 4 human lyf

I do have respect for human lives, but not for bloodthirsty savages. Ask me why.

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Takes Over Another Nigeria Town: Witnesses, Official by Faun(m): 6:21pm On Aug 21, 2014
Ceasar1: ^^ The guy above me is a bloody racist!
Oh yes I am.
What gave me away? grin

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Takes Over Another Nigeria Town: Witnesses, Official by iiichidodo: 6:33pm On Aug 21, 2014
Why should we care?? the people encouraged the insurgency,their leaders funded the group,Their Land,Their Towns....

2 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Takes Over Another Nigeria Town: Witnesses, Official by hushmail: 9:30pm On Aug 21, 2014
i hope amnesty n rights activists r reading dis

if na 9ja army dem go dey shout

imagine execution cos of smoking common cigarettes

SMH
Re: Boko Haram Takes Over Another Nigeria Town: Witnesses, Official by VirginFinder: 10:42pm On Aug 21, 2014
Most Nigerians are cowards - both officers and men of the Nigerian army and civilians.

Nobody wants to die.

But come o, how was JTF (Nigerian military) able to crush MEND in weeks without needing the declaration of state of emergency in the affected states?

How come now they can't handle Boko Haram despite the declaration of emergency rule?

This is amazing!

Nigeria is being annexed in bits and our soldiers are looking?

Where's the patriotic spirit?

Come on soldiers, it's time to earn every dime you've been paid for doing next to nothing in time past.

If it requires giving your life, so be it! Afterall, you all signed the death warrant while signing up with the military.

Soldiers, remember when the going was good o.
Re: Boko Haram Takes Over Another Nigeria Town: Witnesses, Official by EasternLeopard: 10:56pm On Aug 21, 2014
Where are those demanding amnesty for BH. Calling them freedom fighters, telling GEJ to withdraw soldiers 3yes ago, saying the military is fighting against Muslims, threatening to take Ihejirika to court

BH continue

GEJ forget them
Re: Boko Haram Takes Over Another Nigeria Town: Witnesses, Official by idupaul: 11:12pm On Aug 21, 2014
The amazing thing about Nigerian govts is that they are so dumb they don't even know when they have failed. The whole of Borno will fall to BH early next year .
Re: Boko Haram Takes Over Another Nigeria Town: Witnesses, Official by mainheart(m): 1:15am On Aug 22, 2014
patient should take over from Johnathan without delay
Re: Boko Haram Takes Over Another Nigeria Town: Witnesses, Official by lilprinze: 1:46am On Aug 22, 2014
With the way things are going is like BH want to make borno state there official Headquarters. i don't know why FG cannot send those 73 000 security personnel they sent to osun state during the governorship election to borno state to flush those useless bastards out of Nigeria including there sponsors FG is not taking this BH issue seriously. BH would end only when FG want it to end .
Re: Boko Haram Takes Over Another Nigeria Town: Witnesses, Official by Nobody: 2:35am On Aug 22, 2014
This shows the ineptitude of the Nigerian Military.

May God bless Nigeria

Re: Boko Haram Takes Over Another Nigeria Town: Witnesses, Official by lonelydora: 2:59am On Aug 22, 2014
RIP to the dead. Biafra where are thou art? Biafra, land of no sorrow
Re: Boko Haram Takes Over Another Nigeria Town: Witnesses, Official by fastguy10: 5:13am On Aug 22, 2014
Ds boko harm issue is getting out of hand were r d military God come n help ur people
Re: Boko Haram Takes Over Another Nigeria Town: Witnesses, Official by ikweremilitant: 5:30am On Aug 22, 2014
Ceasar1: ^^ The guy above me is a bloody racist!
hw is he a rascist.u peple hate d truth.i schold in unimaid,we wer their wen boko startd,at fist ds northenas wer suportng dm cos dy kil ibos nd d yorubas nd other tribes say e no concern us.dy nw faced yoruba nd other tribes,d northen xtians namely frm michika,askiri uba,gwoza,biu,chibok nd co say e no concern dm.later dm face dm d muslims wer lafing nd even suportrng dm by starvng d military wit info,nw na dm turn dm dy cry

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Takes Over Another Nigeria Town: Witnesses, Official by fastguy10: 5:35am On Aug 22, 2014
VirginFinder: Most Nigerians are cowards - both officers and men of the Nigerian army and civilians.

Nobody wants to die.

But come o, how was JTF (Nigerian military) able to crush MEND in weeks without needing the declaration of state of emergency in the affected states?

How come now they can't handle Boko Haram despite the declaration of emergency rule?

This is amazing!

Nigeria is being annexed in bits and our soldiers are looking?

Where's the patriotic spirit?

Come on soldiers, it's time to earn every dime you've been paid for doing next to nothing in time past.

If it requires giving your life, so be it! Afterall, you all signed the death warrant while signing up with the military.

Soldiers, remember when the going was good o.
Soldiers r humans like u everybody luv his or her own life calling them coward is wht I dnt like fighting terrorism is nt an easy task look at Iraq n other Muslim country we r calling d military 2 act n flight them b4 it get out of hand becos if d military dnt act u will run leave ur house one day
Re: Boko Haram Takes Over Another Nigeria Town: Witnesses, Official by 4Play(m): 5:57am On Aug 22, 2014
VirginFinder: Most Nigerians are cowards - both officers and men of the Nigerian army and civilians.
Nobody wants to die.

This lie about the Nigerian army crushing MEND goes at the heart of what is wrong with much political analysis. The Nigerian military did not crush MEND, we simply paid them to stop fighting after the failure of the military option.

By misdiagnosing our problems, we fail to solve them. The military is not fit for purpose. By lying to ourselves about the supposed successes of the Nigerian military - the Liberia and Sierra Leone interventions come to mind - we fail to recognise the depth of the problem. I referred to this earlier:

The source continues: “The Nigerian forces lack training and kit, so they simply don’t have the capability to carry out even basic military manoeuvres. They have poor discipline and support. They are more likely to play a behind-the-scenes role in logistics and providing security.

”Meanwhile, the Nigerian military is being relied upon by ECOWAS to lead the onslaught to oust Islamist fighters affiliated to Al-Qaeda who are in control of northern Mali. But an assessment by military experts from the US and EU shows that Nigerian forces lack the basic know-how and discipline to lead the operation.

http://www.naij.com/13839.html

https://www.nairaland.com/1098498/uk-guardian-nigerian-armys-shocking

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria Army Retakes Key Town / Top Nigerian Politicians To Follow On Twitter / Nigeria Snubs US, Signs Defence Cooperation Deal With Russia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.