Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,748 members, 7,817,064 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:38 AM

Ebola Infection Rate In Lagos Has Increased, 8 New Patients Isolated - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Ebola Infection Rate In Lagos Has Increased, 8 New Patients Isolated (1072 Views)

How Some Private Hospitals Mistreat Patients / HIV Infection Rate In Sex Workers Stir Panic In South Africa / Lagos Has 1 Million HIV/AIDS Patients? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ebola Infection Rate In Lagos Has Increased, 8 New Patients Isolated by Dbestmax(m): 5:54pm On Aug 21, 2014
The government of Lagos state Nigeria has confirmed
5 new cases of the deadly Ebola virus infection in the
state.
According to Lagos state Health Commissioner,
Doctor Idris Jide, 2 of the new patients have tested
negative to the killer virus.
“till date, we have recorded eight suspected cases,
five of which came in on Tuesday.
“On the whole, five have died. We are currently
following up 213 contacts and 63 have completed
the two-day follow-up.” – Idris Jide said
The commissioner also regretted the death of Dr
Stella Adadevoh, the Senior Consultant/
Endocrinologist at First Consultant Hospital, who led
the team that attended to and treated Nigeria’s first
index case, Patrick Sawyer, a Liberian-American.
According to him, it was the deceased doctor, “who
took the initiative to intimate the ministry
concerning the index case and, substantially to her
credit is the moderate containment achieved.
“She led the team who attended to the index case.
Her doggedness and commitment to duty saw her
personally reviewing the case, though the patient
had earlier been seen by a doctor. No doubt, she and
the other affected health workers are the heroes and
heroines of the day.”
He also commiserated with the families, friends and
co-workers of all affected persons.

naijagists.com/ebola-virus-infection-rate-in-lagos-state-nigeria-has-increased-8-new-patients-isolated/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Re: Ebola Infection Rate In Lagos Has Increased, 8 New Patients Isolated by Nobody: 6:00pm On Aug 21, 2014
intra national travel bans would go a long way to aid in curtailing the spread of this virus.

I don talk my own.
Re: Ebola Infection Rate In Lagos Has Increased, 8 New Patients Isolated by Ekundayo7: 6:05pm On Aug 21, 2014
And according to research, those bodily fluids include se men, with the ebola virus living in the testicles for up to 7 weeks. What is disturbing in that photo it appears there is a frail woman sitting in the chair with her hand up imploring, or maybe it is dead body removal with rigor mortis, regardless, this is a horrible tragedy for so many and it pains me. We must strive to do better and hold FG accountable for implementing and providing better quality healthcare, infrastructure as roads etc, lights, water, sewage treatment. This corruption madness has to stop. Nigeria is dying and Boko Haram is just picking the flesh off the extremities til they can get to the heart. Nigeria, come out of your slumber....
Re: Ebola Infection Rate In Lagos Has Increased, 8 New Patients Isolated by hushmail: 9:25pm On Aug 21, 2014
my prayers r wt d families of d dead health officials

i shudder when i think what dat bio terrorist Sawyer would have achieved if left to travel to calabar

thousands would ve been infected by now
Re: Ebola Infection Rate In Lagos Has Increased, 8 New Patients Isolated by Lolaabokoku(f): 9:57pm On Aug 21, 2014
But ฟһў on earth did this man choose Τ̅Ơ̴̴̴̴͡ come Τ̅Ơ̴̴̴̴͡ Lagos?
Re: Ebola Infection Rate In Lagos Has Increased, 8 New Patients Isolated by Dbestmax(m): 10:42pm On Aug 21, 2014
Lolaabokoku: But ฟһў on earth did this man choose Τ̅Ơ̴̴̴̴͡ come Τ̅Ơ̴̴̴̴͡ Lagos?
All a plot 2 me...
D city probably more populous dan anyoda in d Nation...
US is tryin

(1) (Reply)

Forget Ebola, There Is A New Plague In Africa And It Is Worse Than Ebola / What Will You Do If Your Wife Give Birth To This Beautiful Baby / Saps But You Know Waste Lot Always

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.