Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,411 members, 7,846,741 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 10:24 PM

President Jonathan Leaves For Germany On A Private Visit - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Jonathan Leaves For Germany On A Private Visit (1346 Views)

President Jonathan Leaves Airplane Behind His Wife (Photo) / President Jonathan Heads To United Kingdom On A Private Visit / Patience Jonathan Leaves German Hospital, Checks Into Hotel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

President Jonathan Leaves For Germany On A Private Visit by fun4: 7:49pm On Aug 21, 2014
President Goodluck Jonathan leaves Abuja early Friday morning on a “private visit” to Germany, an Aso Rock statement announced on Thursday.

“The President will be accompanied on the trip by some of his principal aides. “He is expected back in Abuja early next week”,
said the statement issued by presidential
spokesman, Reuben Abati. Although the President fully performed an official
function in Abuja on Thursday, the tone of the
statement raises concerns his state of health. Besides, the terse statement implied that the
President would not be accompanied by his wife,
Patience, as is usual with many of his foreign trips. The last time Jonathan paid a private visit to
Germany was when Patience was hospitalised there
for an undisclosed ailment that nearly took her life. The Aso Rock statement was issued shortly after
Jonathan received a report of the 2014 National
Conference at the National Judicial Institute (NJI). Efforts to get other details of the visit did not yield
results as at press time.

www.dailyindependentnig.com/2014/08/jonathan-private-visit-germany/

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan Leaves For Germany On A Private Visit by Nobody: 7:54pm On Aug 21, 2014
Don't borrow more money on this trip.

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan Leaves For Germany On A Private Visit by oduastates: 7:56pm On Aug 21, 2014
My guess :Medical treatment for toothache .
Re: President Jonathan Leaves For Germany On A Private Visit by Nobody: 8:03pm On Aug 21, 2014
Ok principal aides like Diesani undecided

3 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Leaves For Germany On A Private Visit by Rikidony(m): 9:33pm On Aug 21, 2014
I WISH MY ABLE PRESIDO GOOD HEALTH......

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan Leaves For Germany On A Private Visit by NWANICHODE: 11:41pm On Aug 21, 2014
For medical tourism abi?
Re: President Jonathan Leaves For Germany On A Private Visit by vicadex07(m): 11:48pm On Aug 21, 2014
You see what we are saying, and they fail to improve the medical facilities in our country. He has totally neglected the health sector cos he and his family can afford to fly out of the country at the slightest instance of toothache.

2 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Leaves For Germany On A Private Visit by phantom(m): 12:04am On Aug 22, 2014
thats why our hospitals can remain closed for months while resident doctors are sacked.
This i.diot and his family can jet out anytime they like and nigerians see no problem with it.
we must be a cursed people!

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan Leaves For Germany On A Private Visit by priscaoge(f): 12:44am On Aug 22, 2014
Safe trip Sir grin

2 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Leaves For Germany On A Private Visit by mainheart(m): 1:07am On Aug 22, 2014
Bring German machine comeback oo
Re: President Jonathan Leaves For Germany On A Private Visit by brainpower(m): 2:21am On Aug 22, 2014
I am still looking for where the statement said confirmed that he is going for medical reasons. Some people claim to be enlightened yet they are so gullible. Our youths just believe anything they hear or read without asking reasonable questions. Identities might be hidden hear but these blackmails and hatred will definitely affect some of us outside here. A truly happy person will not expect anything bad to happen to someone else for him to be happy. I thnk its actually better for Nigeria that nothing bad happens to this man until he finishes his tenure.

5 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Leaves For Germany On A Private Visit by Nobody: 2:29am On Aug 22, 2014
Wish him a safe trip and his first name if his mission is for the development of our country and citizens, but if it's to misappropriate taxpayers' fund, Karma will catch up with him.

Re: President Jonathan Leaves For Germany On A Private Visit by Nobody: 5:21am On Aug 22, 2014
Safe journey. Please greet Angela Merkel for me. I seriously love that woman

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan Leaves For Germany On A Private Visit by phlemzy: 5:41am On Aug 22, 2014
brainpower: I am still looking for where the statement said confirmed that he is going for medical reasons. Some people claim to be enlightened yet they are so gullible. Our youths just believe anything they hear or read without asking reasonable questions. Identities might be hidden hear but these blackmails and hatred will definitely affect some of us outside here. A truly happy person will not expect anything bad to happen to someone else for him to be happy. I thnk its actually better for Nigeria that nothing bad happens to this man until he finishes his tenure.
And when they face any kind of health challenge,they do call a press briefing for it? The people dat commented above you haven't wished him bad as u think. Their reponses are based on things dat have usually warranted such secret trips in the past.
Re: President Jonathan Leaves For Germany On A Private Visit by Nobody: 6:05am On Aug 22, 2014
President Jonathan is a public figure/property of Nigerians. If he is going on vacation, he should transmit power to his Vice.

I don't understand the meaning of 'private visit' in this context. If the visit is private, he should park our jet at our airport and fly with his money.

Let us as Nigerians learn to say
NO to our politicians culture of impunity! This is what we fought Yar'adu for, yesterday. Today, it is Jonathan. Tomorrow...

4 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Leaves For Germany On A Private Visit by Nobody: 6:57am On Aug 22, 2014
They are always afraid of handing over to the spare tyre...
Re: President Jonathan Leaves For Germany On A Private Visit by Nobody: 6:57am On Aug 22, 2014
He would soon be back...just to check account balance grin
Re: President Jonathan Leaves For Germany On A Private Visit by Nobody: 7:56am On Aug 22, 2014
Patience Jonathan does not follow Oga to his trips any longer. I wonder why!
Re: President Jonathan Leaves For Germany On A Private Visit by TRADELYN: 8:01am On Aug 22, 2014
All the best, Sir!
grin shocked grin

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Total Blackout In Most Parts Of Abuja For Four Days & Still Counting / CNN Embarrasses Itself With 'ebola' Misspelling / Omg!!! A Very Touching Chinese Story

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.