Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,299 members, 7,815,536 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:08 PM

Why You Don't And Won't Understand Mathematics . - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Why You Don't And Won't Understand Mathematics . (927 Views)

15 Common Expressions Younger Generations Won't Understand / 2015 Cowbell Mathematics Champion, Akinkuowo Honoured By School. / What You Don't Know About National Open University Of Nigeria (noun) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why You Don't And Won't Understand Mathematics . by leonard509(m): 7:52pm On Aug 21, 2014
Good day ladies and gentlemen ,

My name is leonard ,i'm A student (a Futminna aspirant to be precise ) .i'm here to help my fellow humans who hate maths even as its compulsory in their field of study.

We mostly find students who;
(1).think think they can never understand math.
(2).Think anybody that says ''mathematics is sweet nd easy '' is some sought of born genius .
(3).Hates every maths teacher he/she comes across.
And lastly
(4).think mathematics is the hardest subject to study.

Well I was like that before. I'm a science student who wants to study electrical engineering . In secondary school I was'nt the serious type at all, Infact my best position in senior class was 27th out of 40 .this is someone who was very brilliant in jss1 nd 2.

Enough of all this history lessons ,straight to why we're here.

Below are reasons why you don't and won't understand mathematics .

(1) your foundation is weak.
Yes ur foundation is weak ,maybe your primary ,junior or secondary school education was poor, maybe you never did you homework yourself ,maybe your brilliant friends were the ones who helps you when it comes to exams or tests,maybe you never understood the reason for corrections in class ,maybe you were unserious. If you are'nt guilty of the above ,maths and education would have been a lot easier for you. But if you are guilty as charged,your foundation is weak.

(2). You are not determined.
It takes determination to succeed in life. If we were'nt determined as kids to walk,we definitely will still be on our mother's back, or on a wheeled chair. We are determined to walk to school ,sit in class and take down notes, but we are not determined to pay attention ,study what we want or ought to know. Albert einstein was determined ,robert boyles ,charles darwin ,isaac newton were determined ,even JESUS CHRIST And MUHAMMAD were .those are'nt names of losers, they are great people who even after their death are still being spoken of.

(3). You hate,fear and don't accept mistakes:
GOD alone is above mistakes.All the genius you know today ,the scientists and co all made mistakes ,they even have quotes acknowledging the mistakes they made on their way to greatness.

Know this ''acknowledging mistakes is key to advancement,and not just in science''.

(5).you think you don't and won't need it in future :
Who told you that?? You need every part of your education in future . In maths you'll think you don't need algebra in future ,please you do,even the market women use algebra unknowingly ,the bricklayer does. So why think a doctor does not need mathematics .please don't repeat that,its ignorance .

(5).you ignore the little tasks:
before a child walks ,he must first crawl. take that textbook and start from the smaller topics you think you understand . it's worth it..,you won't regret.

Pls mods ! Let people see this daily .
Re: Why You Don't And Won't Understand Mathematics . by leonard509(m): 7:58pm On Aug 21, 2014
I'm coming to update others... quote this when asking questions
Re: Why You Don't And Won't Understand Mathematics . by Vicjay1(m): 7:58pm On Aug 21, 2014
I was made to know maths by force cos I can't afford to fail. Complex numbers and calculus are still my favorites.
Re: Why You Don't And Won't Understand Mathematics . by leonard509(m): 10:13pm On Aug 21, 2014
Vicjay1: I was made to know maths by force cos I can't afford to fail. Complex numbers and calculus are still my favorites.
I don't understand those ,but I know I'll someday
Re: Why You Don't And Won't Understand Mathematics . by Nobody: 11:44pm On Aug 21, 2014
leonard509: I don't understand
those ,but I know I'll someday
U're a uni aspirant and u don't knw calculus(integral and differential) like at all
Re: Why You Don't And Won't Understand Mathematics . by leonard509(m): 6:29am On Aug 22, 2014
bataderemi:
U're a uni aspirant and u don't knw calculus(integral and differential) like at all
yeah ..still studying

(1) (Reply)

Presidential Special Scholarship Scheme. Pressid, 3rd Edition. Apply Now. / 2014/2015 Yabatech Part Time And Hnd Full Time Admission Form Is Out / Why Are You On Nairaland???!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.