Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,245 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:09 AM

10 Most Popular Non-capital Cities/towns In Nigeria - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 10 Most Popular Non-capital Cities/towns In Nigeria (34918 Views)

11 Most Developed Towns/cities In The SE. Which Is The Most Beautiful?(pictures) / 10 Most Popular Non-capital Cities In Nigeria / Skylines Of Africa's Capital Cities (pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Most Popular Non-capital Cities/towns In Nigeria by fairheven: 9:25am On Aug 22, 2014
Luvdmx: Bonny Island . 24hours power supply and a very peaceful island.
All I can see is refineries notin much
Re: 10 Most Popular Non-capital Cities/towns In Nigeria by matsilver: 9:25am On Aug 22, 2014
*ankpa
*anyigba
*idah
*dekina
*ejule
*ogugu
*okpo
*ochaja
*ochi adegbe abutu.
*okura..

1 Like

Re: 10 Most Popular Non-capital Cities/towns In Nigeria by Sezyj(m): 9:27am On Aug 22, 2014
Auchi
Re: 10 Most Popular Non-capital Cities/towns In Nigeria by abubakarumaro(m): 9:28am On Aug 22, 2014
Lokoja, Kogi State
overhypedsteve: agbor
Re: 10 Most Popular Non-capital Cities/towns In Nigeria by PRODUTIM1(m): 9:33am On Aug 22, 2014
Ilesa...Buh can't I include my home town Ila-Orangun
Re: 10 Most Popular Non-capital Cities/towns In Nigeria by 573V31D(m): 9:47am On Aug 22, 2014
timilinda: U said "10 mosy popular cities", bt u listed 16? Anyway what happened to Port Harcourt? undecided
u dey sleep ni...common wake up and read d tittle again.

1 Like

Re: 10 Most Popular Non-capital Cities/towns In Nigeria by gbenga4sure(m): 9:48am On Aug 22, 2014
Ondo must dey there
Re: 10 Most Popular Non-capital Cities/towns In Nigeria by CocoaOla: 9:51am On Aug 22, 2014
SHISHAdealer: No,but u are just the first to show your stupidity
Don't quote me to abuse me again I don't like it
Re: 10 Most Popular Non-capital Cities/towns In Nigeria by chillykelly86(m): 9:55am On Aug 22, 2014
Ok, so far, it seems there is a fair amount of agreement on Onitsha and Warri.
Let's not still assume, let us put it to vote:- Just list your top 10 only:-

1. Ore
2. Onitsha
3. Warri
4. Aba
5. Ife
6. Bonny Island
7. Eket
8. Chibok
9. Ogbomoso
10. Kafanchan
11. Zaria
12. Sagamu
13. Nsukka
14. Nnewi
15. Ikorodu
16. Mubi
17. Ijebu
Re: 10 Most Popular Non-capital Cities/towns In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:56am On Aug 22, 2014
in my own view....
1.zaria
2.warri
3.onitsha
4.offa
5.ife
6.okene
7.bida
8.kotangora
9.auchi
10.oktupo

1 Like

Re: 10 Most Popular Non-capital Cities/towns In Nigeria by CocoaOla: 9:57am On Aug 22, 2014
mackmanuel:
pls is there any reward for this first to comment issue?...so i could also be competing with u
Nah Just for fun
especially when your network spoil show
Re: 10 Most Popular Non-capital Cities/towns In Nigeria by CocoaOla: 10:01am On Aug 22, 2014
Exponental:
wake up boy.....stop dreaming.
Define
...after about 7 post b4 u?
They are too numerous.
Surulere, victoria island, idumota, alaba amongst many others.
I'm awake already but honestly MTN fall my hand
Re: 10 Most Popular Non-capital Cities/towns In Nigeria by adadadon(m): 10:03am On Aug 22, 2014
matsilver: *ankpa
*anyigba
*idah
*dekina
*ejule
*ogugu
*okpo
*ochaja
*ochi adegbe abutu.
*okura..
This is Nigeria not KOGI state Besides all of them > Okene
Re: 10 Most Popular Non-capital Cities/towns In Nigeria by chelseabmw(m): 10:13am On Aug 22, 2014
KillerBeauty: Ekpoma

Ekpoma people Don come here again grin
Re: 10 Most Popular Non-capital Cities/towns In Nigeria by onome710(m): 10:20am On Aug 22, 2014
Well, I won't be dragged into the argument of the top ten or why the Op said top ten and listed 16. Or why some places listed are 'towns' and not cities.
I'll just do a little addition to his list stating why each of those cities or 'towns' are popular.
Here I go;

1. Ore - cos its a travellers 'landmark' and midpoint btw the journey from benin to lag...

2. Onitsha - our ibo entrepreneurs made it popular. Also home to 419 and ritualist...

3. Warri - mehn, dnt u jst love dat ur neighbour from warri. Yeah! D way he rolls d pidgin and yes! Warri no dey carry last. I'm proud to b from here. Lol. Also, tnkx to 'Akpors' the notorious!...

4. Aba - is it the market which is internationally recognised or the dirty road or stories of 'bakasi boys' or the 'fake' goods? Pick urs...

5. Ife - home to the ancient yoruba land. Known for its cultural heritage and importance to the yoruba's...

6. Bonny Island - is it the constant light or the fact that its a city away from ph. And yes! Its an island. U gotta use a boat to & fro. Buitiful place too...

7. Eket - home to our 'chinese' speaking broda's and sista's. Also popular cos of its reputation of producing more 'househelps' than any other city...

8. Chibok - 'bring back our girls' comes to mind. Popular for the wrong reason. No thanks to boko boiz...

9. Ogbomoso - is it jst me or it jst sounds funny and has thick yoruba side to it. Lots of cultural significance too...

10. Kafanchan - known for its funny name. 80% of Nairalanders don't knw whr it is (state). It sha sounds funny and like a far far away place. Used to think it was a foreign country as a kid. Lol...

11. Zaria - one of d most popular hausa land. Known for it cultuaral significance and cos it starts wit a 'z' lol. Sounds like a place very far. Lol...

12. Sagamu - ok. Lagos pple. Help out. I jst feel d name sounds funny and it must have some popular stuff attached to it...

13. Nsukka - that's where that skool is at na. Made popular by mostly students and yes aristo activities...

14. Nnewi - a typical ibo name and u knw wat to expect. Palmwine, local but 'fine' chicks...

15. Ikorodu - 'lagos' that's all that comes to mind. Its a popular place in lagos...

16. Mubi - emmmm... No lie o! U sabi dis place? I dnt knw where dis is. Don't cruucify me. Never heard it in d news..

Other Cities/Towns worthy of note or mention;
Ajegunle
Munshin
Owo
Onne
Ughelli
Asaba
Lokoja
Auchi
Nekede
Agbor
Badagry
Sapele
Ekpoma
Festac...
And many more!

1 Like

Re: 10 Most Popular Non-capital Cities/towns In Nigeria by yyb14: 10:20am On Aug 22, 2014
JEGA
Re: 10 Most Popular Non-capital Cities/towns In Nigeria by chillykelly86(m): 10:26am On Aug 22, 2014
onome710: Well, I won't be dragged into the argument of the top ten or why the Op said top ten and listed 16. Or why some places listed are 'towns' and not cities.
I'll just do a little addition to his list stating why each of those cities or 'towns' are popular.
Here I go;

1. Ore - cos its a travellers 'landmark' and midpoint btw the journey from benin to lag...

2. Onitsha - our ibo entrepreneurs made it popular. Also home to 419 and ritualist...

3. Warri - mehn, dnt u jst love dat ur neighbour from warri. Yeah! D way he rolls d pidgin and yes! Warri no dey carry last. I'm proud to b from here. Lol. Also, tnkx to 'Akpors' the notorious!...

4. Aba - is it the market which is internationally recognised or the dirty road or stories of 'bakasi boys' or the 'fake' goods? Pick urs...

5. Ife - home to the ancient yoruba land. Known for its cultural heritage and importance to the yoruba's...

6. Bonny Island - is it the constant light or the fact that its a city away from ph. And yes! Its an island. U gotta use a boat to & fro. Buitiful place too...

7. Eket - home to our 'chinese' speaking broda's and sista's. Also popular cos of its reputation of producing more 'househelps' than any other city...

8. Chibok - 'bring back our girls' comes to mind. Popular for the wrong reason. No thanks to boko boiz...

9. Ogbomoso - is it jst me or it jst sounds funny and has thick yoruba side to it. Lots of cultural significance too...

10. Kafanchan - known for its funny name. 80% of Nairalanders don't knw whr it is (state). It sha sounds funny and like a far far away place. Used to think it was a foreign country as a kid. Lol...

11. Zaria - one of d most popular hausa land. Known for it cultuaral significance and cos it starts wit a 'z' lol. Sounds like a place very far. Lol...

12. Sagamu - ok. Lagos pple. Help out. I jst feel d name sounds funny and it must have some popular stuff attached to it...

13. Nsukka - that's where that skool is at na. Made popular by mostly students and yes aristo activities...

14. Nnewi - a typical ibo name and u knw wat to expect. Palmwine, local but 'fine' chicks...

15. Ikorodu - 'lagos' that's all that comes to mind. Its a popular place in lagos...

16. Mubi - emmmm... No lie o! U sabi dis place? I dnt knw where dis is. Don't cruucify me. Never heard it in d news..

Other Cities/Towns worthy of note or mention;
Ajegunle
Munshin
Owo
Onne
Ughelli
Asaba
Lokoja
Auchi
Nekede
Agbor
Badagry
Sapele
Ekpoma
Festac...
And many more!

I just struck out 2 from your additional list because they are state capitals.

If you are to pick the top 10, which would they be?

1 Like

Re: 10 Most Popular Non-capital Cities/towns In Nigeria by tkids: 10:27am On Aug 22, 2014
When jesus came he was born in my father's land and even in d place we use to rare our cows(IJESHA LAND) ibokun to be precise.
Re: 10 Most Popular Non-capital Cities/towns In Nigeria by igboboy1(m): 10:29am On Aug 22, 2014
messpero90: Warri is the best city in Nigeria. "haters shud hug a transformer.

your head dey there.... Waffi na the place confamed
Re: 10 Most Popular Non-capital Cities/towns In Nigeria by Donlouise(m): 10:29am On Aug 22, 2014
Obalende lagos
Re: 10 Most Popular Non-capital Cities/towns In Nigeria by onome710(m): 10:35am On Aug 22, 2014
chillykelly86:

If you are to pick the top 10, which would they be?

There is no 'the top 10'.
We have not agreed on parameters with which we will use in rating them.
So, any 'top1' will be based on personal bias and also a lil bit of tribalism.

I have not stayed in most of the towns and I just know them based on the points in my previous post. So, if u wanna know 'my top 10'
Here it is;
1. Warri
2 - 10. Others.

grin

1 Like

Re: 10 Most Popular Non-capital Cities/towns In Nigeria by Femiolaleye: 10:36am On Aug 22, 2014
Okene , Gwoza
Re: 10 Most Popular Non-capital Cities/towns In Nigeria by chillykelly86(m): 10:40am On Aug 22, 2014
onome710:

There is no 'the top 10'.
We have not agreed on parameters with which we will use in rating them.
So, any 'top1' will be based on personal bias and also a lil bit of tribalism.

I have not stayed in most of the towns and I just know them based on the points in my previous post. So, if u wanna know 'my top 10'
Here it is;
1. Warri
2 - 10. Others.

grin

I agree with you, but that same personal opinion is what enables us vote a president in. It is almost impossible to have 100% of the electorate voting for one presidential candidate but if majority vote for one person, we know he/she is the most popular among the contestants.

So, based on your personal opinion, go ahead and list your top 10 ... smiley
Re: 10 Most Popular Non-capital Cities/towns In Nigeria by Sagamite(m): 10:49am On Aug 22, 2014
chillykelly86: Apart from the national and state capitals, what are the most popular cities or towns in Nigeria?

I can't just do this off of my head but lets do this together.

I think the following are worth considering on the list(Not in order):-
1. Ore
2. Onitsha
3. Warri
4. Aba
5. Ife
6. Bonny Island
7. Eket
8. Chibok
9. Ogbomoso
10. Kafanchan
11. Zaria
12. Sagamu
13. Nsukka
14. Nnewi
15. Ikorodu
16. Mubi

Oya choose your top 10 from the list or add your own ...

The land of milk and honey.

God's own hometown.

1 Like

Re: 10 Most Popular Non-capital Cities/towns In Nigeria by Femiolaleye: 10:53am On Aug 22, 2014
LMAyedun: Okene!
Gwoza the boko town
Re: 10 Most Popular Non-capital Cities/towns In Nigeria by BreezyRita(f): 10:58am On Aug 22, 2014
Ikom, Ikot Ekpene......
Re: 10 Most Popular Non-capital Cities/towns In Nigeria by ennysuccess(m): 10:59am On Aug 22, 2014
na so okene kogi state pride of 9ja
Re: 10 Most Popular Non-capital Cities/towns In Nigeria by Dotunani(m): 11:03am On Aug 22, 2014
messpero90: Warri is the best city in Nigeria. "haters shud hug a transformer.
Dis 1 no jst get sense...porpular city! Wch 1 cum b *warri d best* n *hug transformer*
Re: 10 Most Popular Non-capital Cities/towns In Nigeria by Sacramento4real(m): 11:07am On Aug 22, 2014
In Erigga's voice:Warri boi,street boi till i D.I.E.
Re: 10 Most Popular Non-capital Cities/towns In Nigeria by chillykelly86(m): 11:09am On Aug 22, 2014
chillykelly86: Apart from the national and state capitals, what are the most popular cities or towns in Nigeria?

I can't just do this off of my head but lets do this together.

I think the following are worth considering on the list(Not in order):-
1. Ore
2. Onitsha
3. Warri
4. Aba
5. Ife
6. Bonny Island
7. Eket
8. Chibok
9. Ogbomoso
10. Kafanchan
11. Zaria
12. Sagamu
13. Nsukka
14. Nnewi
15. Ikorodu
16. Mubi
17. Ijebu

Oya choose your top 10 from the list or add your own ...

So, from public mood, I gauge there has been little support for the inclusion of these 3 in the list:-

9. Ogbomoso
14. Nnewi
16. Mubi

We are marking them for a strike out to leave us proceeding with 14. If you believe anyone of them ought to remain on the list, simple itemize 3 that ought to make way for that one to remain ...

Let's go there
Re: 10 Most Popular Non-capital Cities/towns In Nigeria by udomma1005(m): 11:15am On Aug 22, 2014
UYO(mouhhhhhhhhhh),Yenagoa

1 Like

Re: 10 Most Popular Non-capital Cities/towns In Nigeria by babafemi07: 11:15am On Aug 22, 2014
Sango otta, ibafo mowe agbara ( Nigeria new industrial hub)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Tipper Crushes Oko Polytechnic Final Year Student To Death (Graphic Photos) / Traffic On Abuja-Keffi Expressway As Army Blocks Road To Stop Shiites (Photos) / Trailer Crushes Mobile Policeman To Death In Abia ( VIDEO)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.