Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,129 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:38 AM

Ptdf Scholarship - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Ptdf Scholarship (2823 Views)

Apply For 2016/2017 Ptdf Scholarship Scheme (overseas & Local) / PTDF SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION FORM 2010 / List Of Shortlisted Ptdf Scholarship Cand. Is Out! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ptdf Scholarship by Eug(m): 12:58pm On Oct 23, 2008
Guys! Does anyone have any information on the PTDF overseas scholarship for 2009/2010. I here it is out but I do not know how to get the form. Please any information will be appreciated
Re: Ptdf Scholarship by laplace(m): 11:56pm On Oct 23, 2008
PTDF Masters and PhD scholarship forms are out. You need to obtain a scratch card for One Thousand Naira only from First Bank Plc and use the same to access the application form on www.ptdf.gov.ng. You may also obtain a hard copy application form at the same amount at the PTDF offices. You may need to check the national dailies especially Vanguard Newspapers of Thursday, 23rd October for full details and the deadline is November 12.

I wish all applicants the best.
Re: Ptdf Scholarship by Eug(m): 9:32am On Oct 24, 2008
Thanks Laplace. My problem is that I can not find the forms on the website www.ptdf.gov.ng, I have searched the entire web site. Please can you point me in the right direction
Re: Ptdf Scholarship by neroflick(m): 11:54am On Oct 29, 2008
Re: Ptdf Scholarship by walcolm(m): 7:08am On Nov 07, 2008
Hi landers,

can someone please clarify on what documentation needs to accompany the submission of the PTDF scholarship application? all the info i have so far indicates the following

1. copies of certificates
2. university transcript
3. 3 references
4. acknowledgement slip
5. 2 passports (one attached to the application, the other to the acknowledgement slip)

but i talked with someone and he said that i need to have my passport photographs certified by a notary public and i need to attach a medical certificate and a sworn affidavit from my state or something like that? i have searched the ptdf website and can't find that type of info on any of the pages i have seen so far
Re: Ptdf Scholarship by murtalaa(m): 10:45pm On Nov 07, 2008
I have obtained and completed my forms. pls if anyone have any clue on the test questions should help me especially with past Questions. I applied for computing and information engineering. I suppose test questions vary according to fields of study. I would appreciate past questions on IT.
Re: Ptdf Scholarship by murtalaa(m): 10:52pm On Nov 07, 2008
@wal,
after attaching your ppt to the form(4 on the front, 2 inside) you will take them to any magistrate court and have them endorsed. No affidavit is needed. However, there an oath form attached with the application which you will sign.
Re: Ptdf Scholarship by walcolm(m): 1:09pm On Nov 08, 2008
@murtalaa,

does the form you filled and submitted state that we shld attach 6 passports?

i completed the online application and it only stated 2 passports attached to the print out and nothing about a magistrate attestation etc

pls, clarify
Re: Ptdf Scholarship by neroflick(m): 11:03pm On Nov 08, 2008
the online form differs from the physical form obtainable at the scholarship board , i guess we'd just fill and submit according to the requirements of whichever medium we're using
Re: Ptdf Scholarship by neroflick(m): 11:14pm On Nov 08, 2008
walcolm:

Hi landers,

can someone please clarify on what documentation needs to accompany the submission of the PTDF scholarship application? all the info i have so far indicates the following

1. copies of certificates
2. university transcript
3. 3 references
4. acknowledgement slip
5. 2 passports (one attached to the application, the other to the acknowledgement slip)

but i talked with someone and he said that i need to have my passport photographs certified by a notary public and i need to attach a medical certificate and a sworn affidavit from my state or something like that? i have searched the ptdf website and can't find that type of info on any of the pages i have seen so far

Hey guy , how did you get your transcript? Thot Nigerian Schools don't give any copy to applicants
Re: Ptdf Scholarship by walcolm(m): 10:21am On Nov 09, 2008
@neroflick

actually they do but in a sealed and stamped envelope. you are then expected to deliver it at your expense to the organization that requested for it
Re: Ptdf Scholarship by walcolm(m): 10:23am On Nov 09, 2008
neroflick:

the online form differs from the physical form obtainable at the scholarship board , i guess we'd just fill and submit according to the requirements of whichever medium we're using

i suppose so,

i just hope someone will not get confused and start disqualifying online applications that come without some of those things the paper applicants attach to their own submission. i understand there is a checklist of stuff to attach to the paper application
Re: Ptdf Scholarship by Nixo: 3:43pm On Nov 10, 2008
Guys, the thing is that the forms are different and that is the reason for the varying requirements, however, who knows where to submit the forms in Lagos, Cos it closes on wednesday 12th.thankx all
Re: Ptdf Scholarship by Javola: 4:28pm On Nov 10, 2008
where can i get the scratch card to apply online i'm in PH and i can't get it from any 1st bank office because they say they don't know jack about it.
plzz a swift reply will be appreciated thx.
Re: Ptdf Scholarship by walcolm(m): 5:06pm On Nov 10, 2008
Nixo:

Guys, the thing is that the forms are different and that is the reason for the varying requirements, however, who knows where to submit the forms in Lagos, because it closes on wednesday 12th.thankx all

yes, the online form differs a bit from the paper ones but the people at the scholarship board will still ask you for some of the paper version requirememts they are used to when you try to submit.

the scholarship board is around the nysc orientation camp, that's somewhere in the iyana ipaja axis

bon chance
Re: Ptdf Scholarship by walcolm(m): 5:08pm On Nov 10, 2008
Javola:

where can i get the scratch card to apply online i'm in PH and i can't get it from any 1st bank office because they say they don't know jack about it.
plzz a swift reply will be appreciated thx.

if you're a lucky person, you might still find at the regional branch of 1st bank along the express in ph
Re: Ptdf Scholarship by Javola: 10:42pm On Nov 10, 2008
walcolm:

if you're a lucky person, you might still find at the regional branch of 1st bank along the express in ph

went there last week and they claimed not to know anything abt it (maybe i met someone on their bad day), actually went to all the branches in PH, guess i'm not that lucky in this aspect.time's almost up, but thx anyway.
Re: Ptdf Scholarship by dearstan(m): 8:47pm On Nov 11, 2008
@ALL

can anyone please give a clue as to the time of the year the exams usually take place. Also what kind of questions are set??

Someone please help with this information.
Re: Ptdf Scholarship by walcolm(m): 11:43am On Nov 12, 2008
dearstan:

@ALL

can anyone please give a clue as to the time of the year the exams usually take place. Also what kind of questions are set??

Someone please help with this information.

the test is a mix of aptitude and current affairs from what i have been able to gather and it usually happens Q1 in the year. those who eventually get the award have to resume by september of that year so the whole process is usually concluded before that time

(1) (Reply)

Acca Study Centre In Benin City? / Best Poly In Nigeria / Waec 2014 Result Now Available

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.