Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,000 members, 7,817,956 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:55 PM

Things I Wish Christians Know. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Things I Wish Christians Know. (1666 Views)

Things I Learnt From Jehovah's Witnesses, Memorial Of Christ Death! / 5 Things I Wish Christians Would Admit About The Bible / Should Christians Give First Fruit Offering? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Things I Wish Christians Know. by Tallesty1(m): 12:39pm On Aug 22, 2014
God loves you. Yea..... That is just it, Romans 5:8 says "But God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us". But he doesn't want us to remain sinners. He wants us to start leading people to him by the way we live our lives. He cares about our whole life, not just our “spiritual life. ”It is a mistake to think that God is only concerned about a section of our life called “our soul” or “our spirit.” God cares about and is to be Lord of all of our life—personal, emotional, social, familial, financial, physical, vocational, sexual, intellectual, and so on. It is not only the inside(as most christians think) that matters, the outside do.

4 Likes

Re: Things I Wish Christians Know. by Tallesty1(m): 12:39pm On Aug 22, 2014
Every Christian is powerful. We just don't realise the power we have. Get my point....... By saying every Christain, I do not mean every church goer. Most church goers are dead spiritually but those who are rooted deep in Christ are un-touchable. Christians run from one pastor/church to the other in search of miracle but what they don't realise is that the pastor/priest was not born with those powers. Timothy 1:7, says "God hath given us the spirit of power". Many of us do not strive to get this power because we believe we are under God’s grace Safe and secure for all eternity, or lemme say we have been made to believe so but fact is troubles and temptations must come and you need power that comes from God to over-come them. To get this power we must labour; if we would gain the prize, we must run the race. We must do the will of God, before we receive the promises. 2 Timothy 2:21 says If a man therefore purge himself from these, he shall be a vessel unto honour, sanctified, and meet for the master's use, and prepared unto every good work. You must have a good relationship with Jesus to get the holy spirit who will not only reveal this powers to you but will also teach you how to use them. Jesus said: “I can of my own self do nothing” (John 5:30). But, He said, “the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works” (John 14:10). He also said “Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do …” (John 14:12)

4 Likes

Re: Things I Wish Christians Know. by Tallesty1(m): 12:39pm On Aug 22, 2014
Miracle is not a permanent fix. Many Christians pray for miracle instead of God's blessing not knowing that miracle is like a bell that the Lord uses to draw people unto Himself. A miracle/delieverance can chase the problem away or provide a temporary solution but God's blessing which comes from keeping his commandment is what one needs to over-come the problem once and for all.

3 Likes

Re: Things I Wish Christians Know. by Tallesty1(m): 12:40pm On Aug 22, 2014
Praying for your enemy to die is wrong. This is very common in most churches, you hear people praying for their enemy to die by fire, to be uprooted and thrown into hell. Some even go as far as calling the person's name. This is very wrong. As christians we should not pray for others to be punished, rather we should pray that they repent and do good because it is not them that is troubling us but the spirit in them. If they die, the spirit will go into another person and continue where it stoped. Those who pray for their enemies to die do not know who is their enemy. Our real enemy doesn't die. Scripture states that our chief enemy is Satan."For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms"(Ephesians 6:12). Rebuke the devil and not your fellow human-being. As s/he is your enemy so you are someone's enemy, you can imagine what would happen if such prayers should be answered

4 Likes

Re: Things I Wish Christians Know. by Tallesty1(m): 12:40pm On Aug 22, 2014
Pastors are not infallible You read right. They are humans like you and I and have life's problems like you and I so believe not everything he says without examining it,". "You see in Acts 17 that the Bereans were more noble than those in Thessalonica because they examined the scriptures daily to see if these things were so when an apostle was speaking to them. Don't God him, some people fornicate, steal, murder which are against God's word but cannot wear make up, go to some places or eat some things because their pastor says so. Why make life so hard for yourself? It is self deception.

2 Likes

Re: Things I Wish Christians Know. by Tallesty1(m): 12:41pm On Aug 22, 2014
Some pastors are not called by God. Yes........Some are called by their own greed, pride, as well as financial gain. So becareful. The scripture says that we shall know them by their fruits so be observant. This fake pastors will never tell you the truth. THE BIBLE TEACHES US IN THE GOSPELS, THAT WHEN JESUS PREACHED, 13 TIMES PEOPLE WERE MUCH OFFENDED AT HIS TEACHING, AND ON MANY OCCASIONS WANTED TO MURDER HIM. Some pastors that tell you only the things you love to hear should be watched closely. If he doesn't preach repentance and consequences of sin then he is in the ministry for financial gains. You may be wondering why a man of God will hide such truths from you? Simple, he is in the ministy to make money and confronting you with the truth is a bad maketing strategy.

3 Likes

Re: Things I Wish Christians Know. by Tallesty1(m): 12:56pm On Aug 22, 2014
Your church is not the best Love other Christians who go to different churches and who aren’t like you for we are all following the same Jesus. It is very wrong to view your “brand” of Christianity as the only true or most true type of Christianity. Some churches do not think they are the only Christians, but they do think they are the best or most right ones. This is a prideful and sinful attitude that grieves Jesus and dismembers His body. Strive for unity in the body of Christ by praying humbly and thankfully for other Christians.

4 Likes

Re: Things I Wish Christians Know. by okotv(m): 1:04pm On Aug 22, 2014
i totally concur
Re: Things I Wish Christians Know. by okotv(m): 1:04pm On Aug 22, 2014
i totally concur with some...
Re: Things I Wish Christians Know. by Lumyboi(m): 1:10pm On Aug 22, 2014
Nice one
Re: Things I Wish Christians Know. by Tallesty1(m): 1:15pm On Aug 22, 2014
okotv: i totally concur with some...
contributions and corrections are welcomed sirgrin
Re: Things I Wish Christians Know. by Tallesty1(m): 1:15pm On Aug 22, 2014
Lumyboi: Nice one
thanks
Re: Things I Wish Christians Know. by okotv(m): 2:53pm On Aug 22, 2014
the last one....my church is not the best...i don't condemn churches but the doctrines and teachings that is preached in such congregations that is against the Bible is what i totally condemn even if i am to mention names that i will do.
Re: Things I Wish Christians Know. by okotv(m): 2:56pm On Aug 22, 2014
by the way what say you about two ministers preaching opposite teachings...like one condemning trouser wearing by women and the other not cause both claim to be Spirit filled
Re: Things I Wish Christians Know. by Tallesty1(m): 4:08pm On Aug 22, 2014
okotv: the last one....my church is not the best...i don't condemn churches but the doctrines and teachings that is preached in such congregations that is against the Bible is what i totally condemn even if i am to mention names that i will do.
That is different nah.... You can condem their teachings, correct them and show the light if possible, every church has its flaws, even mine.

1 Like

Re: Things I Wish Christians Know. by Tallesty1(m): 5:51pm On Aug 22, 2014
okotv: by the way what say you about two ministers preaching opposite teachings...like one condemning trouser wearing by women and the other not cause both claim to be Spirit filled
There is no telling if they are actually spirit filled. You know some churches attach much importance to things that really don't matter much so it is left for you as Christian to invite the holy spirit into your live so that it will tell you what is right and what is wrong.
Re: Things I Wish Christians Know. by itstpia1: 7:13pm On Aug 22, 2014
hmmm

God will help us.
Re: Things I Wish Christians Know. by okotv(m): 7:33pm On Aug 22, 2014
Tallesty1: There is no telling if they are actually spirit filled. You know some churches attach much importance to things that really don't matter much so it is left for you as Christian to invite the holy spirit into your live so that it will tell you what is right and what is wrong.
hmmmmm....that means many are been over decieved
Re: Things I Wish Christians Know. by Tallesty1(m): 7:41pm On Aug 22, 2014
itstpia1: hmmm

God will help us.
Amen
Re: Things I Wish Christians Know. by Tallesty1(m): 7:44pm On Aug 22, 2014
okotv: hmmmmm....that means many are been over decieved
Certainly.... "In the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils." 1 Timothy 4:1
Re: Things I Wish Christians Know. by Nobody: 10:32pm On Aug 22, 2014
Nice one OP.. May the good Lord bestow upon you the grace to continue in the apostle's doctrine
Re: Things I Wish Christians Know. by Image123(m): 3:58am On Aug 23, 2014
Tallesty1: There is no telling if they are actually spirit filled. You know some churches attach much importance to things that really don't matter much so it is left for you as Christian to invite the holy spirit into your live so that it will tell you what is right and what is wrong.

Knowledge is different from being spirit filled. Peter was spirit filled for years yet found it hard to get it into his head that Jesus died for gentiles too. Doctrinal knowledge involves grace and growing in knowledge, it's not necessarily a case for being false or not spiritual minded or even going to heaven or hell. So many opine that if A doesn't agree with my doctrinal understanding he's going to hell, i'm going to heaven. That's laughable in heavenly parlance.
Re: Things I Wish Christians Know. by Tallesty1(m): 6:52am On Aug 23, 2014
ProphetUdeme: Nice one OP.. May the good Lord bestow upon you the grace to continue in the apostle's doctrine
Amen! Thanks
Re: Things I Wish Christians Know. by Nobody: 9:27am On Aug 23, 2014
john 14 vs 2 : but the comforter which is the HOLY GHOST who, the FATHER will send in MY name, He shall tteach u all things...
John 16 vs 13 - how be it when He, the Spirit of truth is come, He will guide u into all truth.
1 john 2 vs 37 - but the anointing which you have recieved of Him abideth in you and you dont need any man teach u but the same anointing teaches u all things and is truth and is no lie, even as it hath taugth u, ye shall abide in Him....

The word of God has it all and not as my G.O my daddy and mummy in Christ, my spiritual papa an mama teaches u... I advise u to Learn from the Holy Spirit, He is the great teacher, walk in Him and abide in Him.

1 Like

Re: Things I Wish Christians Know. by Tallesty1(m): 9:51am On Aug 23, 2014
ProphetUdeme: john 14 vs 2 : but the comforter which is the HOLY GHOST who, the FATHER will send in MY name, He shall tteach u all things...
John 16 vs 13 - how be it when He, the Spirit of truth is come, He will guide u into all truth.
1 john 2 vs 37 - but the anointing which you have recieved of Him abideth in you and you dont need any man teach u but the same anointing teaches u all things and is truth and is no lie, even as it hath taugth u, ye shall abide in Him....

The word of God has it all and not as my G.O my daddy and mummy in Christ, my spiritual papa an mama teaches u... I advise u to Learn from the Holy Spirit, He is the great teacher, walk in Him and abide in Him.
That is just it and he is always eager to teach.

1 Like

Re: Things I Wish Christians Know. by Mprex(f): 1:06pm On Aug 26, 2014
Tall taller tallesty1 cheesy

thanks for posting this and for sharing
Re: Things I Wish Christians Know. by Tallesty1(m): 2:01pm On Aug 26, 2014
Mprex: Tall taller tallesty1 cheesy

thanks for posting this and for sharing
Wlcm dear.

Hope you are fine?
Re: Things I Wish Christians Know. by pappyrose(f): 2:10pm On Aug 26, 2014
This is just the rare truth u spelt out here. Especially the point that pastors are not infallible. Yes, we should honor them, but we shouldn't assume they have more power than other believers. Every true believer has as much access to God as any Pastor.
The issue of church too, God doesn't even deal with denominations, He relates with all believers, and loves us all regardless of our denominations.
I wish more church goers will come to the
knowledge of this truth. Thanks for sharing.
Re: Things I Wish Christians Know. by Mprex(f): 3:33pm On Aug 26, 2014
Tallesty1: Wlcm dear.

Hope you are fine?
yea. I'm good. You?
Re: Things I Wish Christians Know. by Nobody: 9:09pm On Sep 01, 2014
Tallesty1: This is a wonderful Post!
God bless you for this 1!
Re: Things I Wish Christians Know. by Nobody: 1:20am On Sep 02, 2014
... and Nigerian Christians should especially know about the plan to islamise Nigeria. just listen and be informed and be prepared.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FhYpKBKusQ

(1) (Reply)

Ten Commandments Merely Stolen From The Divine Laws Of Ma'at / Where Does God Lives Before Creation / RECRUITMENT/REPLACEMENT 2015/2016

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.