Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,236 members, 7,829,425 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:41 AM

"Husbands, Honor Your Wives"! ~ PAV - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / "Husbands, Honor Your Wives"! ~ PAV (1143 Views)

How Many Ladies Can Act Like This Lady If They Catch Their Husbands Cheating? / See What A Lady Posted About Husbands & Wife Battery: Women Do You Agree? / Why We Cheat On Our Husbands - Nigerian Women Open Up (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

"Husbands, Honor Your Wives"! ~ PAV by bukatyne(f): 3:18pm On Aug 22, 2014
This is to husbands

"Husbands, Honor Your Wives"! ~ PAV

If you have to hide it, lie about it or do it in the dark, then God nor your wife would approve. If you have to clear your history on the internet or delete texts, inboxes and emails so she won't see them, it's probably inappropriate towards God and your wife. We shouldn't have to hide anything from our "Good Thing" who God has blessed us with!

Remember, we are one with our wives. It is a great disrespect to God and our wives if we do anything deceitful behind their backs that would dishonor our covenants. If we are really born again believing men as we proclaim, then we are to behave ourselves in that manner when we are with our wives and when we are not with our wives.

Our wives should be able to trust us with their hearts at all times even if we are at odds with them as being at odds is no excuse to do anything behind their backs that would hurt their hearts. Even on social media and electronic devices, we should behave ourselves as Godly married men who respect the Lord, our wives and our marriage covenant by not engaging in sinful conversations that would hurt and dishonor our God and our wives. Our wives should be able to read ANY messages we've had in private and be at peace knowing that we always honored the Lord and them during conversations they were not a part of. #HonorYourWife

1 Peter 3:7 (AMP), "In the same way you married men should live considerately with your wives, with an intelligent recognition of the marriage relation, honoring the woman as physically the weaker, but realizing that you are joint heirs of the grace (God’s unmerited favor) of life, in order that your prayers may not be hindered and cut off. Otherwise you cannot pray effectively".

We have to realize that the way we treat our wives can either help in our prayers being answered or hinder in our prayers being answered. Let us dwell with our wives and honor them while leaving all deceitfulness behind. #HonorYourWife

Please share this with as MANY as you can! Thanks Fam!

https://www.facebook.com/BeTrulyFaithful?fref=ts

Let's discuss

3 Likes

Re: "Husbands, Honor Your Wives"! ~ PAV by Nobody: 3:23pm On Aug 22, 2014
eyah, church things cheesy

i no sabi any bible verse again.

only #Jesus wept#

matt 3, 8

Hit me up when you have the quran version. wink
Re: "Husbands, Honor Your Wives"! ~ PAV by adanduka: 3:42pm On Aug 22, 2014
I thought it is husbands 'love your wives'
Re: "Husbands, Honor Your Wives"! ~ PAV by bukatyne(f): 3:48pm On Aug 22, 2014
adanduka: I thought it is husbands 'love your wives'

See 1st Peter 3:7

NIV: Husbands, in the same way be considerate as you live with your wives, and treat them with respect as the weaker partner and as heirs with you of the gracious gift of life, so that nothing will hinder your prayers. NIV

NLT: In the same way, you husbands must give honor to your wives. Treat your wife with understanding as you live together. She may be weaker than you are, but she is your equal partner in God's gift of new life. Treat her as you should so your prayers will not be hindered.

KJV: Likewise, ye husbands, dwell with them according to knowledge, giving honour unto the wife, as unto the weaker vessel, and as being heirs together of the grace of life; that your prayers be not hindered.

And what is love? What is honor?
Re: "Husbands, Honor Your Wives"! ~ PAV by bukatyne(f): 3:49pm On Aug 22, 2014
Chillisauce: eyah, church things cheesy

only #Jesus wept#

matt 3, 8

Lol!

Na wa for you o!

Re: "Husbands, Honor Your Wives"! ~ PAV by adanduka: 4:06pm On Aug 22, 2014
bukatyne:

See 1st Peter 3:7

NIV: Husbands, in the same way be considerate as you live with your wives, and treat them with respect as the weaker partner and as heirs with you of the gracious gift of life, so that nothing will hinder your prayers. NIV

NLT: In the same way, you husbands must give honor to your wives. Treat your wife with understanding as you live together. She may be weaker than you are, but she is your equal partner in God's gift of new life. Treat her as you should so your prayers will not be hindered.

KJV: Likewise, ye husbands, dwell with them according to knowledge, giving honour unto the wife, as unto the weaker vessel, and as being heirs together of the grace of life; that your prayers be not hindered.

And what is love? What is honor?

Okay. Taking notes.
Re: "Husbands, Honor Your Wives"! ~ PAV by SAMBARRY: 4:40pm On Aug 22, 2014
This one na counter thread? Orisirisi grin
Re: "Husbands, Honor Your Wives"! ~ PAV by Godmystrength: 4:52pm On Aug 22, 2014
The woman thread long pass this one now........ grin grin
Re: "Husbands, Honor Your Wives"! ~ PAV by Nobody: 4:59pm On Aug 22, 2014

Hmmm. That kind of love the bible talks about is not these watery type we find around the world today.

Here: I COR 13 vs

1.If I speak in the tongues of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal.

2 If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing.

3 If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast, but do not have love, I gain nothing.

4 Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud.

5 It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.

6 Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth.

7 It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

8 Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away.

9 For we know in part and we prophesy in part,

10 but when completeness comes, what is in part disappears.
Re: "Husbands, Honor Your Wives"! ~ PAV by Nobody: 5:01pm On Aug 22, 2014
Chillisauce: eyah, church things cheesy

only #Jesus wept#

matt 3, 8

Hehehehe Dr Mrs Alhaja Chili cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: "Husbands, Honor Your Wives"! ~ PAV by bukatyne(f): 5:02pm On Aug 22, 2014
onirugbon1:

Hmmm. That kind of love the bible talks about is not these watery type we find around the world today.

Here: I COR 13 vs

1.If I speak in the tongues of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal.

2 If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing.

3 If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast, but do not have love, I gain nothing.

4 Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud.

5 It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.

6 Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth.

7 It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

8 Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away.

9 For we know in part and we prophesy in part,

10 but when completeness comes, what is in part disappears.

Thank you

Posted those verses because he/she was coming from honor angle
Re: "Husbands, Honor Your Wives"! ~ PAV by MARKone(m): 5:07pm On Aug 22, 2014
Wives respect and be submissive to your husbands. grin
Re: "Husbands, Honor Your Wives"! ~ PAV by Godmystrength: 5:09pm On Aug 22, 2014
MARKone: Wives respect and be submissive to your husbands. grin
No need to preach to us. our own dey here
https://www.nairaland.com/1869054/wives-reverence-husbands-even-when
Re: "Husbands, Honor Your Wives"! ~ PAV by Nobody: 7:48pm On Aug 22, 2014
onirugbon1:

Hehehehe Dr Mrs Alhaja Chili cheesy cheesy cheesy
Why are you laughing at me. I no sabi bible na. cheesy
Re: "Husbands, Honor Your Wives"! ~ PAV by cococandy(f): 7:50pm On Aug 22, 2014
Love and honor
Re: "Husbands, Honor Your Wives"! ~ PAV by bennyrazz: 7:58pm On Aug 22, 2014
this woman don start again grin grin this are the kind of women that twist bible upside down to promote their selfish agenda
Re: "Husbands, Honor Your Wives"! ~ PAV by Nobody: 8:34pm On Aug 22, 2014
Re: "Husbands, Honor Your Wives"! ~ PAV by bukatyne(f): 10:55pm On Aug 22, 2014
bennyrazz: this woman don start again grin grin this are the kind of women that twist bible upside down to promote their selfish agenda

And somehow, you miss that the OP was written by a man to men.

Besides, please quote 1 Pet 3:7

Thank you in advance
Re: "Husbands, Honor Your Wives"! ~ PAV by bennyrazz: 8:43am On Aug 23, 2014
bukatyne:

And somehow, you miss that the OP was written by a man to men.

Besides, please quote 1 Pet 3:7

Thank you in advance
the op is a woman in a man's skin either that or he's delusional. pls madam, kindly convey my message to him. Thanks in advance. And I don't really know why Christians like to quote the Bible to back up their selfish agendas. From the beginning of 1 peter 3, it says wives be in subjection to your husbands, going down it says Sarah was in subjection to Abraham. Which means wives, honor and obey your husbands. This as to come first before husbands in turn should love their wives not the other way round.
Re: "Husbands, Honor Your Wives"! ~ PAV by Nobody: 8:48am On Aug 23, 2014
bennyrazz: the op is a woman in a man's skin either that or he's delusional. pls madam, kindly convey my message to him. Thanks in advance. And I don't really know why Christians like to quote the Bible to back up their selfish agendas. From the beginning of 1 peter 3, it says wives be in subjection to your husbands, going down it says Sarah was in subjection to Abraham. Which means wives, honor and obey your husbands. This as to come first before husbands in turn should love their wives not the other way round.

Read the bible quote she pointed out to you. Stop arguing unnecessarily. Are you trying to say God is lying?
Re: "Husbands, Honor Your Wives"! ~ PAV by bennyrazz: 9:12am On Aug 23, 2014
Sophyrocks:

Read the bible quote she pointed out to you. Stop arguing unnecessarily. Are you trying to say God is lying?
so it was God that spoke in 1Peter 3:9 smh for some Christians
(The first word of this epistle, Peter, identifies the author, who called himself “an apostle of Jesus Christ” (1 Peter 1:1). He wrote this letter to a group of Christians scattered throughout the northern areas of Asia Minor, where he may have previously preached the gospel)
and again, I did not say she was lying did I? I only wrote that she should stop quoting the Bible for her own selfish agenda. There are some passages of the Bible you read, you have to read it from Verse 1 to understand what it is all about

1 Likewise, ye wives, be in subjection to your own husbands; that, if any obey not the word, they also may without the word be won by the conversation of the wives;

2 While they behold your chaste conversation coupled with fear.

3 Whose adorning let it not be that outward adorning of plaiting the hair, and of wearing of gold, or of putting on of apparel;

4 But let it be the hidden man of the heart, in that which is not corruptible, even the ornament of a meek and quiet spirit, which is in the sight of God of great price.

5 For after this manner in the old time the holy women also, who trusted in God, adorned themselves, being in subjection unto their own husbands:

6 Even as Sara obeyed Abraham, calling him lord: whose daughters ye are, as long as ye do well, and are not afraid with any amazement.

7 Likewise, ye husbands, dwell with them according to knowledge, giving honour unto the wife, as unto the weaker vessel, and as being heirs together of the grace of life; that your prayers be not hindered.

the whole thing basically means, a wife that does not subject/obey her husband should not be honored.
Re: "Husbands, Honor Your Wives"! ~ PAV by Nobody: 9:20am On Aug 23, 2014
bennyrazz: so it was God that spoke in 1Peter 3:9 smh for some Christians and again, I did not say she was lying did I? I only wrote that she should stop quoting the Bible for her own selfish agenda. There are some passages of the Bible you read, you have to read it from Verse 1 to understand what it is all about

Is an apostle of christ not working for God? Was jesus christ not working based on insttructions from God? Is the bible not God's word? Its still the same. All instructions/bible principles are from God regardless of whom it came from as long as they are written in the bible.

So why the argument? You dnt like the fact that God isnt partial so that he gave instructions to husbands too? where did the op twist what was said n the bible to suit selfish agenda, where? Dnt you read and understand? The bible addressed both husbands and wives. husbands do their part, wives do their part. what is wrong with that? what is the basis of your argument now? where is it coming from? YOU EVEN QUOTED THE PART FOR HUSBANDS. So? what is now the problem?
Re: "Husbands, Honor Your Wives"! ~ PAV by bennyrazz: 9:49am On Aug 23, 2014
Sophyrocks:

Is an apostle of christ not working for God? Was jesus christ not working based on insttructions from God? Is the bible not God's word? Its still the same. All instructions/bible principles are from God regardless of whom it came from as long as they are written in the bible.

So why the argument? You dnt like the fact that God isnt partial so that he gave instructions to husbands too? where did the op twist what was said n the bible to suit selfish agenda, where? Dnt you read and understand? The bible addressed both husbands and wives. husbands do their part, wives do their part. what is wrong with that? what is the basis of your argument now? where is it coming from? YOU EVEN QUOTED THE PART FOR HUSBANDS. So? what is now the problem?
Let me explain somethings to you, in the old statement and New testament, anywhere you see "LORD" that is God directly and anywhere you see "Lord" that is Jesus Christ. Now in the new Testament, in some Bibles, were Jesus Christ spoke directly, the letters are always red not black and if he was quoted, it is always red. The Bible is God's word, no doubt about it but you need to understand that for we that believed that Jesus christ as come to earth, we have the New Testament, we are no longer under the law but under his grace. But to some certain Jews out there that practice Judaism, the only Bible they have is the Old testament. For us that have the new testament, we are called Christians because we are followers of Christ. Now we don't practice christianity because it is not a religion; it is a way of life. While Judaism is been practiced by some Jews. Now you need to understand the History of the bible
Here's my first example, from usenet:

> In tracing the origin of the Bible, one is led to AD 325, when
> Constantine the Great called the First Council of Nicaea, composed of
> 300 religious leaders. Three centuries after Jesus lived, this council
> was given the task of separating divinely inspired writings from those
> of questionable origin.
> The actual compilation of the Bible was an incredibly complicated
> project that involved churchmen of many varying beliefs, in an
> atmosphere of dissension, jealousy, intolerance, persecution and
> bigotry.
> At this time, the question of the divinity of Jesus had split the
> church into two factions. Constantine offered to make the little-known
> Christian sect the official state religion if the Christians would
> settle their differences. Apparently, he didn't particularly care what
> they believed in as long as they agreed upon a belief. By compiling a
> book of sacred writings, Constantine thought that the book would give
> authority to the new church.

Here's a second version of the same idea:

> The references in the Christian religion of reincarnation, I am told,
> were removed by the Council of Nicea. (See Note A)

Here's a third version of this idea:

> Also, we do know that there were many books of supposed prophets
> floating around up until 312 CE when the Council of Nicea decided
> which books were scripture and which ones were burned. Thanks to
> the notorious habit of early Christian leaders of destroying
> books/scrolls, we may never know what doctrine existed before the
> Council of Nicea.

my point as and will always be Wives do your part, husbands do your part not Husband do your part, Wives do your part. The wife as to do her part first before husband does his own part.
Re: "Husbands, Honor Your Wives"! ~ PAV by Nobody: 10:30am On Aug 23, 2014
bennyrazz: Let me explain somethings to you, in the old statement and New testament, anywhere you see "LORD" that is God directly and anywhere you see "Lord" that is Jesus Christ. Now in the new Testament, in some Bibles, were Jesus Christ spoke directly, the letters are always red not black and if he was quoted, it is always red. The Bible is God's word, no doubt about it but you need to understand that for we that believed that Jesus christ as come to earth, we have the New Testament, we are no longer under the law but under his grace. But to some certain Jews out there that practice Judaism, the only Bible they have is the Old testament. For us that have the new testament, we are called Christians because we are followers of Christ. Now we don't practice christianity because it is not a religion; it is a way of life. While Judaism is been practiced by some Jews. Now you need to understand the History of the bible my point as and will always be Wives do your part, husbands do your part not Husband do your part, Wives do your part. The wife as to do her part first before husband does his own part.

You go argue from now till tomorrow but the bible still stands. You do not wait to be told your responsibilites before you handle them. as long as you have become husband/wife, do your part. shikena. No arguments. as a head of the family, you are to lead by example. dnt wait for anybody to tell you what you are supposed to do unless you are not the head but your wife is.

1 Like

Re: "Husbands, Honor Your Wives"! ~ PAV by bukatyne(f): 10:36am On Aug 23, 2014
bennyrazz: Let me explain somethings to you, in the old statement and New testament, anywhere you see "LORD" that is God directly and anywhere you see "Lord" that is Jesus Christ. Now in the new Testament, in some Bibles, were Jesus Christ spoke directly, the letters are always red not black and if he was quoted, it is always red. The Bible is God's word, no doubt about it but you need to understand that for we that believed that Jesus christ as come to earth, we have the New Testament, we are no longer under the law but under his grace. But to some certain Jews out there that practice Judaism, the only Bible they have is the Old testament. For us that have the new testament, we are called Christians because we are followers of Christ. Now we don't practice christianity because it is not a religion; it is a way of life. While Judaism is been practiced by some Jews. Now you need to understand the History of the bible my point as and will always be Wives do your part, husbands do your part not Husband do your part, Wives do your part. The wife as to do her part first before husband does his own part.

So you are saying that some of the New Testament parts could be questioned because it is not from God himself?
Re: "Husbands, Honor Your Wives"! ~ PAV by bennyrazz: 11:23am On Aug 23, 2014
Sophyrocks:

You go argue from now till tomorrow but the bible still stands. You do not wait to be told your responsibilites before you handle them. as long as you have become husband/wife, do your part. shikena. No arguments. as a head of the family, you are to lead by example. dnt wait for anybody to tell you what you are supposed to do unless you are not the head but your wife is.
a man is the head of the family, the woman is the neck. Without the neck, the head cannot turn grin grin
Re: "Husbands, Honor Your Wives"! ~ PAV by Nobody: 11:25am On Aug 23, 2014
bennyrazz: a man is the head of the family, the woman is the neck. Without the neck, the head cannot turn grin grin

Na you sabi o. Captain of ship, lead by example oooo.

grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: "Husbands, Honor Your Wives"! ~ PAV by bennyrazz: 11:33am On Aug 23, 2014
bukatyne:

So you are saying that some of the New Testament parts could be questioned because it is not from God himself?
did I say some parts of the New Testament should be questioned?? I don't practice Judaism so your questions should be directed to some Jews who still believe that the savior as not yet come to earth and I was only writing about the origin of the Bible after all Apostle Timothy said in
2Timothy 3:16 New Living Translation All Scripture is inspired by God and is useful to teach us what is true and to make us realize what is wrong in our lives. It corrects us when we are wrong and teaches us to do what is right.
Re: "Husbands, Honor Your Wives"! ~ PAV by bennyrazz: 11:34am On Aug 23, 2014
Sophyrocks:

Na you sabi o. Captain of ship, lead by example oooo.

grin grin grin
no problem grin

(1) (Reply)

You Should Read This If You Want To Be A Good Wife / Most Appropriate Age To Teach Them Sex Education. Facing The Challenges Ahead.th / Help! 5 Year Old Speech Problem

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.