Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,301 members, 7,811,892 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:27 PM

North Can’t Stop Jonathan’s Second Term Bid –group - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / North Can’t Stop Jonathan’s Second Term Bid –group (953 Views)

Lagos Youth Declares Support For Jonathan's Second Term / Breaking: Court Urged To Stop Jonathan From Running / LOTT`S Daughter: President Goodluck Jonathan Second Wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

North Can’t Stop Jonathan’s Second Term Bid –group by Delydex: 3:53pm On Aug 22, 2014
A political group, Ijaw Republican Assembly, on Thursday, said no amount of pressure from northern leaders and groups across the country would stop President Goodluck Jonathan from contesting for a second term in office come 2015.

The group described as trivial the ultimatum issued by the Northern Elders Forum demanding that the President should bring back the schoolgirls abducted by the Boko Haram sect in Chibok, Borno State, by the end of October or forget about seeking re-election.

The spokesperson for the group, Mrs. Annkio Briggs, told our correspondent that it was unfortunate that northern elders had decided to politicise the abduction of the Chibok girls and the Boko Haram insurgency.

She said, “Such an ultimatum coming from an elders’ forum is unfortunate because that is a childish way of looking at issues going on in Nigeria, where there is an attack both from within and outside on Nigeria and people are being killed.

“It’s sad that they decided to politicise it by saying if the girls do not return at a certain time, Jonathan should not contest for a second term.

“They can say whatever they like, that is not going to stop Goodluck Jonathan from running for a second term; that will not stop him from being re-elected.”

Briggs added that northern elders had no right to issue such an ultimatum to the President, arguing that past northern leaders were not given ultimatums in that manner.

“The northern elders are in no position to make such a demand, anyway. If that is the way they see it, then it shows where their interest lies. Everything for them is political power. To say Jonathan should not contest because of Boko Haram is very childish.”
Re: North Can’t Stop Jonathan’s Second Term Bid –group by Ikpewe: 4:01pm On Aug 22, 2014
TELL THEM OOO MY SISTER

1 Like

Re: North Can’t Stop Jonathan’s Second Term Bid –group by egift(m): 4:03pm On Aug 22, 2014
1. Northerners cannot. Nigerians will. After sending him back to the creek to practice his Zoology. This nation will review every single penny he spent, and have him locked up.

2. If he runs, the Giant of Africa will Umaru-Dikko him back. Any country that hides him will pay for it. Anyone that helps him to escape justice will beg for bread. Any militant or Boko that disturbs our peace of bridge security will dealt with.

When Nigerians are done with him, the world will know that Our country Nigeria is the giant of Africa! I love my country, and I don't give a dam.

7 Likes

Re: North Can’t Stop Jonathan’s Second Term Bid –group by GeneralBadman: 4:19pm On Aug 22, 2014
Egift aka NduChucks (Igbo Wannabe) you don start your rant as usual. If you like pretend you are Eze na you sabi.

Wetin Me I Know Be Say,

Jonathan Till 2019.

Anambra Adigo Mma.

1 Like

Re: North Can’t Stop Jonathan’s Second Term Bid –group by egift(m): 4:28pm On Aug 22, 2014
GeneralBadman: Egift aka NduChucks (Igbo Wannabe) you don start your rant as usual. If you like pretend you are Eze na you sabi.

Wetin Me I Know Be Say,

Jonathan Till 2019.

Anambra Adigo Mma.

If you don't know who I am stop pretending to know am someone else. Some PDP that had reservation of this ID have all been properly place where they don't see the sky all year round.

Next time you start loosing your mind, avoid me before I drag you to the market square and bend you backwards. I take no prisoners.

1 Like

Re: North Can’t Stop Jonathan’s Second Term Bid –group by GeneralBadman: 4:39pm On Aug 22, 2014
egift:

If you don't know who I am stop pretending to know am someone else. Some PDP that had reservation of this ID have all been properly place where they don't see the sky all year round.

Next time you start loosing your mind, avoid me before I drag you to the market square and bend you backwards. I take no prisoners.

NduChuks

You can rant ehnnnnn

Hahahahahahahahahahahah

E Pain Am

The Most Important Thing Is That Jonathan Continues To Rule Till 2019.

Enemies May Go And Jump Into Atlantic Ocean.

GEJ Till 2019.

Anambra Adigo Mma.

Hhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah

2 Likes

Re: North Can’t Stop Jonathan’s Second Term Bid –group by lilprinze: 4:42pm On Aug 22, 2014
GEJ till 2019 if the north or APC don't like it they should go and hug transform

1 Like

Re: North Can’t Stop Jonathan’s Second Term Bid –group by egift(m): 4:43pm On Aug 22, 2014
[s]
GeneralBadman:

NduChuks

You can rant ehnnnnn

Hahahahahahahahahahahah

E Pain Am

The Most Important Thing Is That Jonathan Continues To Rule Till 2019.

Enemies May Go And Jump Into Atlantic Ocean.

GEJ Till 2019.

Anambra Adigo Mma.

Hhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah
[/s]
Re: North Can’t Stop Jonathan’s Second Term Bid –group by size38: 5:43pm On Aug 22, 2014
All these useless groups that emerge from every corners of Nigeria for d sake of 2015 election, particularly from Niger Delta, and Ijaws in particular should build bridge of support across d country to support GEJ's ambition and not by talking rubbish on d media everyday. How many votes does d Ijaws have to win election for GEJ? Even the entire south- south/ south East votes can't make GEJ president.

2 Likes

Re: North Can’t Stop Jonathan’s Second Term Bid –group by Nobody: 5:51pm On Aug 22, 2014
The so callwd Northern Elders might be ones hiding the girls just to hit Jonathan hard!

Too bad!

1 Like

Re: North Can’t Stop Jonathan’s Second Term Bid –group by Nobody: 6:02pm On Aug 22, 2014
size38: All these useless groups that emerge from every corners of Nigeria for d sake of 2015 election, particularly from Niger Delta, and Ijaws in particular should build bridge of support across d country to support GEJ's ambition and not by talking rubbish on d media everyday. How many votes does d Ijaws have to win election for GEJ? Even the entire south- south/ south East votes can't make GEJ president.

Dont be surprised about this election-day useless groups......infact there are about 3000 of such useless groups hence we all must be prepared to put up with their shenanigans henceforth

The PDP/GEJ is prepared to bankrupt Nigeria by financing these group in order to have a semblance of support across the demographic strata of the country

Yet when the D-day comes,it will boil down to the game of numbers.......it will be the the numbers of those who have benefitted corruptly under the GEJ presidency against the millions of Nigerians who were promised constant electricity and were asked to pay more to PHCN

It will indeed be all about the million of youths who have been rendered useless almost unto themselves for lack of opportunity to live a decent live after going to school or learning a skill and yet cant have such

The 2015 election will dovetail into a contest between a President who swore to protect the citizenry when he was erroneously voted into power in 2011 and the one who have consistently said he doesn't give a damn if Boko Haram has succeeded in carving out a portion out of our map to hoist their flag

Nigerians will indeed ask the President who said 'Stealing is not Corruption' and have even gone ahead to Canonise looters and brigands.why he should be voted again

More of such question will be dispassionately ask of the man who hoodwinked the undiscerning Nigerians that he doesn't have a shoe....hence can feel their pains as against the one who without any milk of mercy and while still lying to be consulting on the way forward about the fuel subsidy removal.....delivered an excrutiating blow to millions by increasing the price of fuel and refused to bulge unto his Army of Occupation shot at Nigerians who trooped out in their millions to vote for him

Nigerians(and not these anywhere-belle-face Pro-GEJ groups) are the ones that will vote in 2015 against a President who said he knows BHaramists yet have not lifted a finger to bring them to book but his content with playing terrible politics with the lives of Nigerians

6 Likes

Re: North Can’t Stop Jonathan’s Second Term Bid –group by T9ksy(m): 6:07pm On Aug 22, 2014
size38: All these useless groups that emerge from every corners of Nigeria for d sake of 2015 election, particularly from Niger Delta, and Ijaws in particular should build bridge of support across d country to support GEJ's ambition and not by talking rubbish on d media everyday. How many votes does d Ijaws have to win election for GEJ? Even the entire south- south/ south East votes can't make GEJ president.

Abegi, help me tell them o! Especially the ibos who are very fond of saying "Politics is a game of numbers" when it comes

to them aspiring to govern Lagos- a prized yoruba state.

2015 - TO BE OR NOT TO BE!!!

4 Likes

Re: North Can’t Stop Jonathan’s Second Term Bid –group by egift(m): 6:08pm On Aug 22, 2014
noblezone: The so callwd Northern Elders might be ones hiding the girls just to hit Jonathan hard!

Too bad!

@Bold:
And what is Jonathan doing about it?

And BTW:
The so callwd Jonathan might be ones hiding the girls just to hit Northern Elders hard!
Re: North Can’t Stop Jonathan’s Second Term Bid –group by PointB: 6:14pm On Aug 22, 2014
egift: 1. Northerners cannot. Nigerians will. After sending him back to the creek to practice his Zoology. This nation will review every single penny he spent, and have him locked up.

2. If he runs, the Giant of Africa will Umaru-Dikko him back. Any country that hides him will pay for it. Anyone that helps him to escape justice will beg for bread. Any militant or Boko that disturbs our peace of bridge security will dealt with.

When Nigerians are done with him, the world will know that Our country Nigeria is the giant of Africa! I love my country, and I don't give a dam.

But Nigerians love him, bar a few of them like you, and would resoundingly return him for another four years to complete the good work he started. In any case, there is no opposition as yet to his candidacy.

2 Likes

Re: North Can’t Stop Jonathan’s Second Term Bid –group by egift(m): 6:17pm On Aug 22, 2014
PointB: But Nigerians love him, bar a few of them like you, and would resoundingly return him for another four years to complete the good work he started. In any case, there is no opposition as yet to his candidacy.

Neither is the PDP having any candidate. Except you are one of those that live on presumptions grin

2 Likes

Re: North Can’t Stop Jonathan’s Second Term Bid –group by Nobody: 6:31pm On Aug 22, 2014
PointB:

But Nigerians love him, bar a few of them like you, and would resoundingly return him for another four years to complete the good work he started. In any case, there is no opposition as yet to his candidacy.

I hope the 'Nigerians' who loves and adore Jonathan include the Millions in the North you all call parasites,leech,Boko haramists,nama,cow and stoopid dirty things

Also i sincerely hope that the Nigerians who love Jonathan include the Muslims across Nigeria that Jonathanians have consistently offended their religion and sensibilities by calling their religion,the religion of piss,Boko haramists,terrorists

Before you say anything.....This writer is a dye in the wool Christian and not a Northerner

I also want to know if those Nigerians that loves GEJ and would vote for him again and again resoundingly include the ones from the SW which Jonathan indirectly told didnt vote for him while commending those from the SE as the pillar of his administration

Are those Nigerians also inclusive of the ones during the campaign of PDP in Anambra while Gov Akpabio was talking and insulting Pa Awolowo while telling the Anambrarians not to vote for a party whose people killed Easterners while Jonathan sheepishly grin from ear to ear

Are the Nigerians inclusive of those who have been consistently told to sacrifice and pay more for almost everything bar the air they breathe in going to vote a PDP government who have elevated corruption to the 4th religion in Nigeria for the past 15years

I am not sure the youths in the Univerisity who were locked at home for 6months and the polytechnic students who were at home for about 11months are well pleased with a government who inflicted untold agony on them and their future will be so happy to reward their oppressors with another 4years in their life

GEJ have been the most divisive president in the annals of our nationhood,pitting regions against regions and religion against religion

Except for those Nigerians who dont value their life and existence......i doubt if elections are free and fair in 2015 that PDP will win

The normal regions where they always blindly rig will be manned to the hilt by APC..........we wont say they should not win those areas but it will only be by the actual votes cast as against the 98% voter turn out they have always churned out in the SE and SS.......despite the fact that local elections such as the Governorship which really concerns the people dont always have even 50% voter turn out

5 Likes

Re: North Can’t Stop Jonathan’s Second Term Bid –group by T9ksy(m): 6:33pm On Aug 22, 2014
PointB:

Who are this nigerians who love Jonathan to die? Do you perchance mean SS and SE. 'Cause from my vintage view point, i

don't see northerners as the "Nigerians" who love the gormless one and neither do the yorubas.

3 Likes

Re: North Can’t Stop Jonathan’s Second Term Bid –group by PointB: 6:45pm On Aug 22, 2014
T9ksy:

Who are this nigerians who love Jonathan to die? Do you perchance mean SS and SE. 'Cause from my vintage view point, i

don't see northerners as the "Nigerians" who love the gormless one and neither do the yorubas.

We can continue to debate this without coming to agreement. But by Feb 14, all confusion as per the support of the president will be put the rest. For now I am 100% sure that you certainly don't speak for yoruba or northners, whom I believe have capable spokespersons!

2 Likes

Re: North Can’t Stop Jonathan’s Second Term Bid –group by PointB: 6:48pm On Aug 22, 2014
egift:

Neither is the PDP having any candidate. Except you are one of those that live on presumptions grin

Isn't it obvious who the PDP candidate is/would be? And isn't it obvious that is not sure who will lead the line for them (APC) by 2015!

2 Likes

Re: North Can’t Stop Jonathan’s Second Term Bid –group by egift(m): 6:54pm On Aug 22, 2014
PointB: Isn't it obvious who the PDP candidate is/would be? And isn't it obvious that is not sure who will lead the line for them by 2015!

I just got vindicated. I did state earlier you are living on Presumptions. Has Jonathan declared? No. Next!
Re: North Can’t Stop Jonathan’s Second Term Bid –group by PointB: 6:55pm On Aug 22, 2014
soroptimist:

I hope the 'Nigerians' who loves and adore Jonathan include the Millions in the North you all call parasites,leech,Boko haramists,nama,cow and stoopid dirty things

Also i sincerely hope that the Nigerians who love Jonathan include the Muslims across Nigeria that Jonathanians have consistently offended their religion and sensibilities by calling their religion,the religion of piss,Boko haramists,terrorists

Before you say anything.....This writer is a dye in the wool Christian and not a Northerner

I also want to know if those Nigerians that loves GEJ and would vote for him again and again resoundingly include the ones from the SW which Jonathan indirectly told didnt vote for him while commending those from the SE as the pillar of his administration

Are those Nigerians also inclusive of the ones during the campaign of PDP in Anambra while Gov Akpabio was talking and insulting Pa Awolowo while telling the Anambrarians not to vote for a party whose people killed Easterners while Jonathan sheepishly grin from ear to ear

Are the Nigerians inclusive of those who have been consistently told to sacrifice and pay more for almost everything bar the air they breathe in going to vote a PDP government who have elevated corruption to the 4th religion in Nigeria for the past 15years

I am not sure the youths in the Univerisity who were locked at home for 6months and the polytechnic students who were at home for about 11months are well pleased with a government who inflicted untold agony on them and their future will be so happy to reward their oppressors with another 4years in their life

GEJ have been the most divisive president in the annals of our nationhood,pitting regions against regions and religion against religion

Except for those Nigerians who dont value their life and existence......i doubt if elections are free and fair in 2015 that PDP will win

The normal regions where they always blindly rig will be manned to the hilt by APC..........we wont say they should not win those areas but it will only be by the actual votes cast as against the 98% voter turn out they have always churned out in the SE and SS.......despite the fact that local elections such as the Governorship which really concerns the people dont always have even 50% voter turn out

By 'you all' I assume you refer to a cross-section of Nairalanders who represents a negligible percentage of the voting populace from their regions, and by yorubas, I presume you are referring to the die-hard APC goons who will rather follow Tinubu than think for themselves?

In anycase, 2015 is not far off, soon boys will be separated from Men!

1 Like

Re: North Can’t Stop Jonathan’s Second Term Bid –group by johnmartus(m): 7:00pm On Aug 22, 2014
honestly no one among this ugly group will go unpunished after 2015 surely Jonathan will head up in prison I thought he will learn from chalse Taylor of formal liberal president including indigbo what ever they called them in fact I do not know maybe I entitles to take a legal action against TAN AIT and other compromising groups

1 Like

Re: North Can’t Stop Jonathan’s Second Term Bid –group by ikweremilitant: 7:01pm On Aug 22, 2014
egift:

otule

1 Like

Re: North Can’t Stop Jonathan’s Second Term Bid –group by PointB: 7:03pm On Aug 22, 2014
egift:

I just got vindicated. I did state earlier you are living on Presumptions. Has Jonathan declared? No. Next!

So tell me the facts in the comment below, if you are not living on presumptions? cheesy cheesy grin grin

egift: 1. Northerners cannot. Nigerians will. After sending him back to the creek to practice his Zoology. This nation will review every single penny he spent, and have him locked up.

1 Like

Re: North Can’t Stop Jonathan’s Second Term Bid –group by Nobody: 7:06pm On Aug 22, 2014
johnmartus: honestly no one among this ugly group will go unpunished after 2015 surely Jonathan will head up in prison I thought he will learn from chalse Taylor of formal liberal president including indigbo what ever they called them in fact I do not know maybe I entitles to take a legal action against TAN AIT and other compromising groups

Brother na vex you take write this your comment oh......please calm down

Jonathan will be defeated fair and square.......let him just not attempt to tinker with INEC's vow to conduct a free and fair election in 2015...Thank God Prof Jega have ask him to deploy his mask-wearing,useless PDP-SSS goons to Sambisa,Chibok or Mayo Belwa that he doesn't need them
Re: North Can’t Stop Jonathan’s Second Term Bid –group by Nobody: 3:27pm On Aug 23, 2014
egift:

@Bold:
And what is Jonathan doing about it?

And BTW:
The so callwd Jonathan might be ones hiding the girls just to hit Northern Elders hard!

Bros, I know how you feel, but just take it easy.

Yet, Jonathan is not giving Northern Elders any ultimatum
Re: North Can’t Stop Jonathan’s Second Term Bid –group by egift(m): 3:35pm On Aug 23, 2014
noblezone: Bros, I know how you feel, but just take it easy.

Yet, Jonathan is not giving Northern Elders any ultimatum

The bold is extremely wrong. His foot soldier are insulting and threatening anyone that object to Jonathan's quest to perpetuate himself in power beyond 2015.

Tell us just a single occasion in the last 5 years where Jonathan has ever cautioned any of his attack dogs. Rather they are rewarded and protected with presidential powers. The presidency even intervene to rescue Asari and ensuring he never answer for the crime he was accused of in Benin Republic.
Re: North Can’t Stop Jonathan’s Second Term Bid –group by Nobody: 6:30pm On Aug 24, 2014
egift:

The bold is extremely wrong. His foot soldier are insulting and threatening anyone that object to Jonathan's quest to perpetuate himself in power beyond 2015.

Tell us just a single occasion in the last 5 years where Jonathan has ever cautioned any of his attack dogs. Rather they are rewarded and protected with presidential powers. The presidency even intervene to rescue Asari and ensuring he never answer for the crime he was accused of in Benin Republic.

let me help you!
Asari breathes fire about Jonathan, but you know what?

Jonathan is only a bait! the mistake some of you are making is to think that the South South struggle is about Jonathan! the truth is this, what is is happening is beyond Jonathan.
Now did you hear Asari say, " Jonathan must context of he should not come down to South South?"
The likes of Asari responds to the rascality of Northern politician.

It was the North that introduced threats as part of Nigerian politics.

As far back as 2010, we heard, "if Jonathan or nay other southerner takes over in 2011, we'll make Nigeria ungovernable"
Jonathan kept quirt and ignored (If I were in his shoes eh)

Now do you expect his people to keep quiet?

Anyway, the ugly truth many of you have refused to face is that we of the Biafran territories have nothing in common with the Mohammedian emirates of the North!
while we are trying the recover from the effects of the colonization of the British slave masters, the north is sinking deeper and deeper into the abyss of Arabian cultural conquest in the name of Islam; on this we can never mix together!

It is time to ring the requiem for Nigeria!

(1) (Reply)

Happy Independence Day:Nigeria Is 54 / PDP Chieftain Bags Life Imprisonment For Raping Pregnant Woman / Taraba Acting Governor Declares Suntai Missing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.