Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,844 members, 7,831,736 topics. Date: Saturday, 18 May 2024 at 04:41 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 - Travel (294) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (870954 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (291) (292) (293) (294) (295) (296) (297) ... (502) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 4:47pm On Jan 18, 2015
bartino:
wooow,all the best you make it this time by His grace. Okay thanks you have been helpful we will surely keep in touch. Did you take the toefl?
Amen and Amen.....
In Walspring' tone..."let's give all d thanks to God.
Yh i wrote TOEFL....but I didn't apply to Middle Tennessee oooo....
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by dicapino: 4:48pm On Jan 18, 2015
bartino:
Good day guys. I took my GRE and had 296 (quant:153,verbal:143), Analytical writing yet to be released, WES evaluation 3.63/4.0. Please do I need to take the TOEFL test for schools that says if your primary language is English no need for TOEFL. I am interested in Ms Mechanical Engineering does anyone has idea about any school that I can get assistantships and with good part time jobs with my profile? I had applied to Tennesse State University, South Dakota State University and South Dakota School of Mines and Technology. Suggestions of other schools are welcomed. Secondly how can I pay application fee from here if someone doesn't have anyone over there? Thanks in advance guys expecting replies that can be of help.

Good day before your WES evaluation what was your GPA on a 5.0 scale. And I hope we can share information on Mech Eng programs that give TAs and GAs. I am also searching. Goodluck I also finished from uniben...which set are you?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 5:07pm On Jan 18, 2015
bigfrancis21:

The actual truth is the advice your uncle gave has actually worked for some people. Some students get into the country on F1 visa but with little or no money for tuition to pay through school. Some don't register in school at all, but find something doing to keep them busy until they straighten out their papers, usually takes about 1 year for them. Then as a permanent resident, they have easy access to loans which they take out to go back to school, without having to stress themselves or work 2 jobs that only manage to cover your living expenses. There's also the benefit of ease of getting jobs on graduation this time as a legal resident. Irrespective of whether you go to school or not on arrival here, all routes lead to the same destination - legal residency. I've seen some students who arrive US, enrol in and finish school, but are unable to find a company to file for them. Just saying.

As for your uncle not helping you out before, it is the same here with me and many other students who will tell you the same. You need to understand that this is America. Nobody who lives and works here will give or dash you money just like that, except your parents. Not even your own uncles or aunts. Your relatives would prefer to house and feed you in their house - well only for some time, but to give out their much-earned dollars is very difficult.

Come to look at it, there are millions of undocumented immigrants in this country who yet are surviving. They work jobs, have homes, drive cars yet they are undocumented, especially the hispanic. These people are surviving and you will never know who is undocumented and who is not. How often do you see them sleeping on the streets of America, or homeless and poor? This should tell you something.

Before you make a final decision, you need to be very sure of your financials. You said you have 2 jobs on campus, however don't forget you can only work a maximum of 20 hours every week no matter how many jobs you have. Your on campus job (s) will only cover your living expenses - rent, utilities, phone bill, feeding e.t.c with very little to spare to pay in tuition. Assume you're paid $10 an hour at both jobs with 20 hours a week, you earn $200 every week or $800 every month. Take out taxes and you'll be left with about $740 per month. Depending on where you're staying, you have about $400 - $600 to pay in rent and maybe utilities. Include your phone bill ($40), feeding expenses ($100), transportation e.t.c. The entire money is used up. Now, remember you owe $1,500 in tuition and for most schools, you must pay off all outstanding tuition for a previous semester before you're allowed to register for the next semester. For the next semester, you have another $3,000 to pay. How do you plan to get the money? From your on-campus job?? Do you receive support from home, even if its partial support? If you're depending on scholarship, what if you don't get the scholarship?

Do not really look at your uncle as being 'bad' to you. He probably has seen the bigger picture than you have. You only need to look at things, and, most importantly, your future objectively.
Oga bigfrancis....hmmm I love this
I told him to follow his heart, But we Neva can tell what his uncle has in store for him...He's been at the state before exxy and he knows every down thing abt US more than him..but i cant imagine a close related uncle to see and pray for the down fall of his own nephew...
On the other side Oga bigfrancis, Dont you think falling out of status and going to an unknown arena for someone who struggled and worked so hard b4 getting his visa isn't a best option...and mere looking at this, the uncle that doesn't even help him a bit prior to his visa wahala just told him to do stufzz that ain't help...looking at this on this angle, I can tag that uncle as wicked and an enemy of progress....
@exxy,...once again pls follow your heart and as MsNas said "pray very well".and ask God to lead u into the right path...

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by bartino: 5:10pm On Jan 18, 2015
dicapino:

Good day before your WES evaluation what was your GPA on a 5.0 scale. And I hope we can share information on Mech Eng programs that give TAs and GAs. I am also searching. Goodluck I also finished from uniben...which set are you?
4.318/5.0 2013 session. Yourself? you taken gre?

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by bartino: 5:11pm On Jan 18, 2015
profojah:

Amen and Amen.....
In Walspring' tone..."let's give all d thanks to God.
Yh i wrote TOEFL....but I didn't apply to Middle Tennessee oooo....
okay man. you also in the mech stream? what was your gre score?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 5:18pm On Jan 18, 2015
bartino:
okay man. you also in the mech stream? what was your gre score?
Not in Engineering stream,..in sciences
My GRE score? em'em'em'em grin....trying to upgrade it...so when its been upgraded, I'll tell u grin

But I know other peepz (Slimmy, Dotman, SirRiddy, Innovativeame, Ctemi etc) GRE scores if u want grin..#justjoking#
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by bartino: 5:22pm On Jan 18, 2015
profojah:

Not in Engineering stream,..in sciences
My GRE score? em'em'em'em grin....trying to upgrade it...so when its been upgraded, I'll tell u grin

But I know other peepz (Slimmy, Dotman, SirRiddy, Innovativeame, Ctemi etc) GRE scores if u want grin..#justjoking#
Lol you funny okay we kep I'm touch
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 5:27pm On Jan 18, 2015
bartino:
Lol you funny okay we kep I'm touch
No wahala bro....your head is excessively valid
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 5:32pm On Jan 18, 2015
chrisviral:
Good day guys!
Does American Embassy require Students to go for Medicals and if yes, which Hospitals?
I have canvassed the entire website or so I think and I am yet to see anything information regards that!

Thanks!

Justwise and Amefrica, I sight you guys here, From Canada thread! smiley

Nobody wan answer ni

Lol. You don't need to do medicals for US, just get admission, receive your I20 and go for interview, of course with supporting docs.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by chrisviral(m): 5:35pm On Jan 18, 2015
Amefrica:

Lol. You don't need to do medicals for US, just get admission, receive your I20 and go for interview, of course with supporting docs.

Thanks bro!
As Maple land Bleep me up last year, make I try Hollywood! grin cheesy

Btw been a while... how are you?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by dicapino: 5:59pm On Jan 18, 2015
bartino:
4.318/5.0 2013 session. Yourself? you taken gre?

2012 session...linus and Kennedys class. 4.24 so my gp would get to like a 3.5/4.

Yeah I took the gre. V-159 Q-161.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by bartino: 6:13pm On Jan 18, 2015
dicapino:

2012 session...linus and Kennedys class. 4.24 so my gp would get to like a 3.5/4.

Yeah I took the gre. V-159 Q-161.
okay sure I remember. So which school you applying?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 6:34pm On Jan 18, 2015
chrisviral:

Thanks bro!
As Maple land Bleep me up last year, make I try Hollywood! grin cheesy

Btw been a while... how are you?

Yea lol. Na wa for them haha grin

It's been long, true. I'm quite alright, yourself?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by chrisviral(m): 6:47pm On Jan 18, 2015
Amefrica:

Yea lol. Na wa for them haha grin

It's been long, true. I'm quite alright, yourself?

Been great, God z good.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 6:52pm On Jan 18, 2015
chrisviral:

Been great, God z good.

All the time. smiley
Good luck. smiley

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by dicapino: 7:05pm On Jan 18, 2015
bartino:
okay sure I remember. So which school you applying?

#texas A&m (top school) .. University of Louisiana, southern illinois uni, texas Arlington....these are a bit safe schools.

But folks on this forum say it good to apply to top schools so you get the chance of job placement on graduating.

Am still doing my research on more any way.

Bro. it would be nice you take the GRE again your gp is sharp.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by portelli: 7:40pm On Jan 18, 2015
my good pple , pls my course start date is August 22, 2015 and I have paid for sevis fee, when can I apply for visa and how many months does sevis fee receipt last before it expires?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by bigfrancis21: 8:09pm On Jan 18, 2015
profojah:

Oga bigfrancis....hmmm I love this
I told him to follow his heart, But we Neva can tell what his uncle has in store for him...He's been at the state before exxy and he knows every down thing abt US more than him..but i cant imagine a close related uncle to see and pray for the down fall of his own nephew..
On the other side Oga bigfrancis, Dont you think falling out of status and going to an unknown arena for someone who struggled and worked so hard b4 getting his visa isn't a best option...and mere looking at this, the uncle that doesn't even help him a bit prior to his visa wahala just told him to do stufzz that ain't help...looking at this on this angle, I can tag that uncle as wicked and an enemy of progress....

@exxy,...once again pls follow your heart and as MsNas said "pray very well".and ask God to lead u into the right path...

@exxy and profojah: This is the issue with Nigerians back home who think that the US is all bed and roses. Do you know how his uncle is managing to survive? Do you know how many jobs he works just to be able to come up with his rent + feeding + bills + loan paybacks every month? Do you know that millions of Americans live on paycheck to paycheck with very little to even save in the bank? You should not be quick to judge the uncle as 'wicked and an enemy of progress' when you have not the slightest idea of how he is managing to survive in the US. Until you walk a mile in his uncle's shoes, save your judgment for another day.

In this US, you can't owe tuition and go to school. The school system doesn't allow that. You must pay your tuition each semester to be able to go through school and receive your certificate. There is no 'please' in this country. Deadline is deadline. Fail to meet the deadline, and appropriate actions will be taken against you. Even American parents themselves don't have money to pay college tuition for their children and the kids take out loans to be able to pay through school. Unlike in Nigeria where you can literally owe school fees until final year clearance when you can offset your dues, that is impossible here. You pay your tuition semester by semester. You clear all previous semester tuition before paying the rest. Not to think of the fact that as an internaional student, any semester you fail register for, your SEVIS records will be terminated and you will have fallen out of the same status you're trying to avoid. Your prior tuition and all money paid will have been wasted and no certificate to show for it. Before you're quick to judge exxy's uncle, have you cared to ask Exxy if he has the school fees to pay through school? It is my guess here that Exxy doesn't have money for tuition and might have called his uncle, who's struggling to make ends meet who doesn't have the money, for tuition. His uncle, having stayed here for several years and knows the American system and how it works and seen the big picture of the impossibility of going to school in America without money which Exxy is not seeing, adviced Exxy on the best route to take at this point - find someone you love, get married and straighten out your stay, then go back to school later on. Meanwhile, Exxy being the newcomer to America, who doesn't know a thing about how the system works, sees his uncle as "advicing him to fall out of status because he is 'bad belle' and wants my downfall". Please, let go of that mentality. Maybe 1 year ago I would have reasoned with you along that line but now I know better. Don't be unnecessarily subjective to think that your uncle wants your downfall. You don't know how the man is surviving. That he drives a car, and lives in a 3-bedroom house doesn't mean that all is rosy for him. Just like most Americans, he bought his car, house, phone e.t.c. on loan and is working 2 or 3 jobs to be able to pay back those loans every month or he loses everything he has if he defaults. Failure to pay your house mortgage, the bank takes over the house, sells it and recovers their money, a process known as foreclosure. Not only does it end there, your credit score is terribly affected, thus ruining your chances of collecting future loans/mortgages from banks and financial insitutions. Failure to payback on your car loan, your car is taken away from you. He probably might have college loans (he took out to go to school during his time) which he still owes till now and he's paying back also. Life is difficult in America. You should understand here that your uncle knows and understands the American system better than you do and is advicing you based on the best possible route to take at this point. To me, he wants the best for you. Your on-campus jobs will not pay your tuition and you cannot owe your way through school. Never. This is a very serious and strict country you're in, and you don't want to play with them and their laws.

Exxy, maybe you're thinking that going to school guarantees getting a job on graduation. It's 50 - 50. I know international students who paid through school, graduated but could not get a job or company to file for them. These students after looking for a job for several months finally had to get married in order to get their papers - all boiling down to the very same advice your uncle gave you.

Your uncle does not want your downfall neither does he want you 'to fall out of status'. Far from it. You can always go back to school after you get your papers. Then you will not need to beg any uncle or aunty for tuition money neither will you have to work 2 jobs with the 20-hour a week limitation which is not helping. You will also have wider access to several benefits because of your legal residency. Maybe then in 3 years time, you will understand where your uncle is coming from.

We black people always like to think that someone is against our success or wants our downfall and then it makes us feel good to think that someone is against our success because then it makes you feel important.

8 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by bartino: 8:14pm On Jan 18, 2015
dicapino:

#texas A&m (top school) .. University of Louisiana, southern illinois uni, texas Arlington....these are a bit safe schools.

But folks on this forum say it good to apply to top schools so you get the chance of job placement on graduating.

okay bro,but men to take the Gre again isn't going to be easy because of work I was almost getting distracted before I took it it's not going to be easy.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 8:20pm On Jan 18, 2015
bigfrancis21:

@exxy and profojah: This is the issue with Nigerians back home who think that the US is all bed and roses. Do you know how his uncle is managing to survive? Do you know how many jobs he works just to be able to come up with his rent + feeding + bills + loan paybacks every month? Do you know that millions of Americans live on paycheck to paycheck with very little to even save in the bank? You should not be quick to judge the uncle as 'wicked and an enemy of progress' when you have not the slightest idea of how he is managing to survive in the US. Until you walk a mile in his uncle's shoes, save your judgment for another day.

In this US, you can't owe tuition and go to school. The school system doesn't allow that. You must pay your tuition each semester to be able to go through school and receive your certificate. There is no 'please' in this country. Deadline is deadline. Fail to meet the deadline, and appropriate actions will be taken against you. Even American parents themselves don't have money to pay college tuition for their children and the kids take out loans to be able to pay through school. Unlike in Nigeria where you can literally owe school fees until final year clearance when you can offset your dues, that is impossible here. You pay your tuition semester by semester. You clear all previous semester tuition before paying the rest. Not to think of the fact that as an internaional student, any semester you fail register for, your SEVIS records will be terminated and you will have fallen out of the same status you're trying to avoid. Your prior tuition and all money paid will have been wasted and no certificate to show for it. Before you're quick to judge exxy's uncle, have you cared to ask Exxy if he has the school fees to pay through school? It is my guess here that Exxy doesn't have money for tuition and might have called his uncle, who's struggling to make ends meet who doesn't have the money, for tuition. His uncle, having stayed here for several years and knows the American system and how it works and seen the big picture of the impossibility of going to school in America without money which Exxy is not seeing, adviced Exxy on the best route to take at this point - find someone you love, get married and straighten out your stay, then go back to school later on. Meanwhile, Exxy being the newcomer to America, who doesn't know a thing about how the system works, sees his uncle as "advicing him to fall out of status because he is 'bad belle' and wants my downfall". Please, let go of that mentality. Maybe 1 year ago I would have reasoned with you along that line but now I know better. Don't be unnecessarily subjective to think that your uncle wants your downfall. You don't know how the man is surviving. That he drives a car, and lives in a 3-bedroom house doesn't mean that all is rosy for him. Just like most Americans, he bought his car, house, phone e.t.c. on loan and is working 2 or 3 jobs to be able to pay back those loans every month else he loses everything lest he defaults. He probably might have college loans (he took out to go to school during his time) which he still owes till now and he's paying back also. Life is difficult in America. You should understand here that your uncle knows and understands the American system better than you do and is advicing you based on the best possible route to take at this point. To me, he wants the best for you. Your on-campus jobs will not pay your tuition and you cannot owe your way through school. Never. This is a very serious and strict country you're in, and you don't want to play with them and their laws.

Your uncle does not want your downfall neither does he want you 'to fall out of status'. Far from it. You can always go back to school after you get your papers. Then you will not need to beg any uncle or aunty for tuition money neither will you have to work 2 jobs with the 20-hour a week limitation which is not helping. You will also have wider access to several benefits because of your legal residency. Maybe then in 3 years time, you will understand where your uncle is coming from.

We black people always like to think that someone is against our success or wants our downfall and then it makes us feel good to think that someone is against our success because then it makes you feel important.

Going to Tennessee for an ugly old wife comes to mind.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by bartino: 8:23pm On Jan 18, 2015
dicapino:

okay bro but mehhh talking the gre won't be easy I almost got distracted due to work now taking it again isn't much easy or you feel I take it again. and see which score selection would be better?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by bigfrancis21: 8:26pm On Jan 18, 2015
ferdimako:

Lol.

Nna, how far?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 8:36pm On Jan 18, 2015
omo no serious matter be this o sad
bigfrancis21:

In this US, you can't owe tuition and go to school. The school system doesn't allow that. You must pay your tuition each semester to be able to go through school and receive your certificate. There is no 'please' in this country. Deadline is deadline. Fail to meet the deadline, and appropriate actions will be taken against you. Even American parents themselves don't have money to pay college tuition for their children and the kids take out loans to be able to pay through school. Unlike in Nigeria where you can literally owe school fees until final year clearance when you can offset your dues, that is impossible here. You pay your tuition semester by semester. You clear all previous semester tuition before paying the rest. Not to think of the fact that as an internaional student, any semester you fail register for, your SEVIS records will be terminated and you will have fallen out of the same status you're trying to avoid. Your prior tuition and all money paid will have been wasted and no certificate to show for it. Before you're quick to judge exxy's uncle, have you cared to ask Exxy if he has the school fees to pay through school? It is my guess here that Exxy doesn't have money for tuition and might have called his uncle, who's struggling to make ends meet who doesn't have the money, for tuition. His uncle, having stayed here for several years and knows the American system and how it works and seen the big picture of the impossibility of going to school in America without money which Exxy is not seeing, adviced Exxy on the best route to take at this point - find someone you love, get married and straighten out your stay, then go back to school later on. Meanwhile, Exxy being the newcomer to America, who doesn't know a thing about how the system works, sees his uncle as "advicing him to fall out of status because he is 'bad belle' and wants my downfall". Please, let go of that mentality. Maybe 1 year ago I would have reasoned with you along that line but now I know better. Don't be unnecessarily subjective to think that your uncle wants your downfall. You don't know how the man is surviving. That he drives a car, and lives in a 3-bedroom house doesn't mean that all is rosy for him. Just like most Americans, he bought his car, house, phone e.t.c. on loan and is working 2 or 3 jobs to be able to pay back those loans every month or he loses everything he has if he defaults. Failure to pay your house mortgage, the bank takes over the house, sells it and recovers their money, a process known as foreclosure. Not only does it end there, your credit score is terribly affected, thus ruining your chances of collecting future loans/mortgages from banks and financial insitutions. Failure to payback on your car loan, your car is taken away from you. He probably might have college loans (he took out to go to school during his time) which he still owes till now and he's paying back also. Life is difficult in America. You should understand here that your uncle knows and understands the American system better than you do and is advicing you based on the best possible route to take at this point. To me, he wants the best for you. Your on-campus jobs will not pay your tuition and you cannot owe your way through school. Never. This is a very serious and strict country you're in, and you don't want to play with them and their laws.

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 8:52pm On Jan 18, 2015
bigfrancis21:

Lol.

Nna, how far?
I dey...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by dicapino: 9:06pm On Jan 18, 2015
bartino:
okay bro but mehhh talking the gre won't be easy I almost got distracted due to work now taking it again isn't much easy or you feel I take it again. and see which score selection would be better?

thats the best....you should be able to create time...And probably touch areas you may not have touched on your first time.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by bartino: 9:11pm On Jan 18, 2015
dicapino:

thats the best....you should be able to create time...And probably touch areas you may not have touched on your first time.
okay bro thanks alot.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 9:27pm On Jan 18, 2015
bigfrancis21:

Exxy, maybe you're thinking that going to school guarantees getting a job on graduation. It's 50 - 50. I know international students who paid through school, graduated but could not get a job or company to file for them. These students after looking for a job for several months finally had to get married in order to get their papers - all boiling down to the very same advice your uncle gave you.

Hnmmnn Oga bigfrancis...Thanks so much boss!!!..
I looked at the issue in two ways,..thinking it positively, I said maybe his uncle has so much in store for him for he knows everything about US more than exxy...
Thinking it in a negative way, I said how on earth would an uncle want the downfall of his nephew , that if that sud happend(fallen out of state as d uncle said and no help for exxy thereafter since he didn't even support exxy a bit on his visa wahala), that I'll tag that uncle as an enemy of progress....But no one knows why exactly the uncle said he sud do that....so I implored him to Pray harder according to MsNas and I said he sud follow his heart...!!!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by zeezahbee(f): 9:37pm On Jan 18, 2015
bigfrancis21:

Bigfrancis, I can't quote all your posts so I won't take all the space, so all what you are saying is that it's not a crime for his uncle to advise him to go to new York alone and struggle, this uncle doesn't even live in NY. I am not judging the uncle, that's all he can offer. He tried. People advise you to run outof status but do not help you with any kind of help to survival.

Francis, frankly speaking,I didn't expect this kind of response from you, supporting someone to run out of status, a lot of people ran out of status and till date they haven't even found a way out. The have been working under the table. What works for A might not work for B. The guy still has good means to pay his tuition at least its cheap. It's better to suffer through school and have a certificate than roam about the street looking for who to marry. The marriage of a thing is even a risk and it takes a lot. We all ain't rich but we are struggling, you personally, did you run out of status when you broke? Dont tell me you dont have bad times when you were broke but you Never ran out of staus, Don't give advise that you didn't pass through. I have met people that are out of status, regardless of whatever, they do not have peace of mind. All they think about is how to get reinstated or how to be a residence. Do you have them as friends ? Try ask them. They don't sleep peacefully.

Come to think of it, he runs out of status and working under the table for 4 years without getting anyone to marry and he has somekinda issues with the law( God forbid) , he is gonna be sent back home. No certificate but no matter how hard it is to get a company to file for you after 4 years, at least you have a certificate to show for it. This guy came to study, no everyone want to roam about the street looking for papers. Your advise should go to people that only came to USA to struggle regardless of whatever visa. Even when things ain't going fine for some people in this thread, let's give them wonderful advise to keep moving, strong spirit and have endurance. We shouldn't be advising anyone to take the option of running out of status when we ourselves are still in school. it ain't rosy for me as well

7 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by bigfrancis21: 9:38pm On Jan 18, 2015
profojah:

Hnmmnn Oga bigfrancis...Thanks so much boss!!!..
I looked at the issue in two ways,..thinking it positively, I said maybe his uncle has so much in store for him for he knows everything about US more than exxy...
Thinking it in a negative way, I said how on earth would an uncle want the downfall of his nephew , that if that sud happend(fallen out of state as d uncle said and no help for exxy thereafter since he didn't even support exxy a bit on his visa wahala), that I'll tag that uncle as an enemy of progress....But no one knows why exactly the uncle said he sud do that....so I implored him to Pray harder according to MsNas and I said he sud follow his heart...!!!

Like I said, until you come to US and live for a year, don't be quick to judge his uncle. You have not the slightest idea of life in America.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by boofydon: 9:39pm On Jan 18, 2015
ferdimako:

akata tins grin cheesy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by bigfrancis21: 9:57pm On Jan 18, 2015
zeezahbee:
Bigfrancis, I can't quote all your posts so I won't take all the space, so all what you are saying is that it's not a crime for his uncle to advise him to go to new York alone and struggle, this uncle doesn't even live in NY.

Francis, frankly speaking,I didn't expect this kind of response from you, supporting someone to run out of status, a lot of people ran out of status and till date they haven't even found a way out. The have been working under the table. What works for A might not work for B. The guy still has good means to pay his tuition at least its cheap. It's better to suffer through school and have a certificate than roam about the street looking for who to marry. The marriage of a thing is even a risk and it takes a lot. We all ain't rich but we are struggling, you personally, did you run out of status when you broke? Dont tell me you dont have bad times when you were broke but you Never ran out of staus, Don't give advise that you didn't pass through. I have met people that are out of status, regardless of whatever, they do not have peace of mind. All they think about is how to get reinstated or how to be a residence. Do you have them as friends ? Try ask them. They don't sleep peacefully.
Come to think of it, he runs out of status and working under the table for 4 years without getting anyone to marry and he has somekinda issues with the law( God forbid) , he is gonna be sent back home. No certificate but no matter how hard it is tomget a company to file for you after 4 years, at least you have a certificate to show for it. This guy came to study, no everyone want to roam about the street looking for papers. Your advise should go to people that only came to USA to struggle regardless of whatever visa. Even when things ain't going fine some people in this thread, let's give them wonderful advise to keep moving, strong spirit and have endurance. We shouldn't be advising anyone to take the option of running out of status when we ourselves are still in school.

Zeezah, don't get me wrong. I was not supporting his uncle neither was I advising him to fall out of status. I detailed in entirety life in America and what it entails. A lot of people here were already quick to judge his uncle as 'bad belle' and wanting his downfall, many of whom don't know the least about life in America.

First of all, are you even aware that there are international students who came here to study and after graduation couldn't get a company to hire them? These students finally settled for finding someone they like after 'roaming the same streets for months' and getting married to someone - the very same permanent residency process his uncle told him about? Are you trying to tell me that every international student who graduates from school in the US gets a job on graduation? I don't mean to be pessimistic but let us be realistic here. Company filing is a competitive process and not everyboy who graduates gets a company to file for them. In fact, most international students get their papers through marriage.

A classmate of mine graduated this last fall semester with no job, after intensely job hunting and having a couple of interviews and calls. Guess what? He's currently looking to date someone so he can legalize his stay in the US. Don't make it sound like getting married to someone you like is a bad idea when more than 60% of the time, international students take that route. It's all left to you as an international student. You either choose to go to school now and fight for your papers later or get your papers now and go to school later. The only difference being that one route is easier for some people than the other.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 10:03pm On Jan 18, 2015
bigfrancis21:

Like I said, until you come to US and live for a year, don't be quick to judge his uncle. You have not the slightest idea of life in America. You might still be thinking that America is heaven.
Hahahahaha...you called that a judgement??..lol
Bro I double-checked the issue(in a positive and negative way) and I gave an advice which is best known to me....I neither condemned nor rebuked the uncle...
Still Note what I said "exxy follow your heart and pray harder".... smiley

(1) (2) (3) ... (291) (292) (293) (294) (295) (296) (297) ... (502)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 / Lets Talk About Estonia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 157
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.