Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,817,999 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:12 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 - Travel (326) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (867798 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (323) (324) (325) (326) (327) (328) (329) ... (502) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Walspring: 5:23pm On Feb 04, 2015
chukwumaebenmel:

Same here no reply o undecided

Lol... gringringrin

una email get virus because why no reply

Anyway send me pm so that i can forward it to you then..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by zeezahbee(f): 5:26pm On Feb 04, 2015
mandybaby2007:

Some departments don't offer more dan 2graduate courses in summer(my dept offers only one) so how do u take 12credits?
Didnt you read his question? did he specify he was going for graduate he is asking a general question that all new international student wont have summer break. everyone knows summer is not mandatory, it is holiday but you can take some classes if you wish.

BUT
If you are new student enrolled for summer (just arrived to the usa and your i20 is for summer), you have to take 12 credits only if the department says otherwise
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by mandybaby2007: 5:30pm On Feb 04, 2015
Walspring:

yes bro and with evidence to back it up.
Evidence not needed, all dey want is a doctors signature, name and name of hospital with dates shots were given. Again I emphasize dates shots were given cos wen I came, I got a letter from luth stating nd listing dat I have taken all d shots and I am free from any infection or comunicable disease, my school rejected it on d grounds dt d doctor didn't state d dates each of d shots were given, so I had 2submit anoda document with dates each of d shot was given and dey acepted nd cleared me.

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by mandybaby2007: 5:35pm On Feb 04, 2015
zeezahbee:
Didnt you read his question? did he specify he was going for graduate he is asking a general question that all new international student wont have summer break. everyone knows summer is not mandatory, it is holiday but you can take some classes if you wish.

BUT
If you are new student enrolled for summer (just arrived to the usa and your i20 is for summer), you have to take 12 credits only if the department says otherwise
So is ur answer/information for undergrad or grad studies? Cos grad int'l r expcted 2take 9credits for fall nd spring I don't c how summer dat is just 2-3month shd now b 12credits?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by HOTWATER(m): 5:38pm On Feb 04, 2015
zeezahbee:
WRONG. You are to take 12 credit if you resume for summer. if you are already a student since spring or fall, summer is not mandatory.

@zee , I need you to make contact with your sevis co-coordinator . I just got a mail from my school 2hrs ago and am not happy about it at all. So I need to get inputs from folks in other schools
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by zeezahbee(f): 5:41pm On Feb 04, 2015
mandybaby2007:

So is ur answer/information for undergrad or grad studies? Cos grad int'l r expcted 2take 9credits for fall nd spring I don't c how summer dat is just 2-3month shd now b 12credits?
madam, i still say it, did the guy specify he is going for masters. i answered the question he asked. cant you see i said you are to take 12 credit if you arrive in summer OR ELSE YOU DEPARTMENT SAYs OTHERWISE
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by HOTWATER(m): 5:41pm On Feb 04, 2015
zeezahbee:

BUT

@zee, I am graduate student,though currently offering some under-graduate pre-requisite and just got a mail about change in policy some hours ago. I just need some confirmation not based on what we know before .
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by zeezahbee(f): 5:42pm On Feb 04, 2015
HOTWATER:

@zee , I need you to make contact with your sevis co-coordinator . I just got a mail from my school 2hrs ago and am not happy about it at all. So I need to get inputs from folks in other schools
send me a PM then
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by zeezahbee(f): 5:45pm On Feb 04, 2015
HOTWATER:

@zee, I am graduate student,though currently offering some under-graduate pre-requisite and just got a mail about change in policy some hours ago. I just need some confirmation not based on what we know before .
people taking pre-reqs for masters have a way of doing it . are you taking the pre-reqs at your graduate school or another school
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by HOTWATER(m): 5:46pm On Feb 04, 2015
zeezahbee:
send me a PM then

I do not really know how to do that on nairaland. Please send me one , i will reply you and we can talk on phone from there .I am waiting dear
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by kennyrony(m): 5:53pm On Feb 04, 2015
zeezahbee:
WRONG. You are to take 12 credit if you resume for summer. if you are already a student since spring or fall, summer is not mandatory.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by djmakson(m): 6:05pm On Feb 04, 2015
mandybaby2007:

YW, make sure u get documentation for all d required immunization in Naija cos doing it here is very expensive.

Noted. Thanks a bunch.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by djmakson(m): 6:11pm On Feb 04, 2015
Walspring:

The one you did when you are very young, am sure you can scan it and send it to them or you go to local government around you house or international airport to get it done..

Thanks Walspring. Finding those old docs will be an uphill task o. I'll try get new ones at either of the places u suggested.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by exxy(m): 7:44pm On Feb 04, 2015
house any internship for freshman in their first semester should please let me know.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by exxy(m): 7:46pm On Feb 04, 2015
summer internship for freshman should pls pm me. or post on my facebook page-Emmii Idehen
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Walspring: 8:38pm On Feb 04, 2015
mandybaby2007:

Evidence not needed, all dey want is a doctors signature, name and name of hospital with dates shots were given. Again I emphasize dates shots were given cos wen I came, I got a letter from luth stating nd listing dat I have taken all d shots and I am free from any infection or comunicable disease, my school rejected it on d grounds dt d doctor didn't state d dates each of d shots were given, so I had 2submit anoda document with dates each of d shot was given and dey acepted nd cleared me.

okay and that's good...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Walspring: 8:43pm On Feb 04, 2015
djmakson:

Thanks Walspring. Finding those old docs will be an uphill task o. I'll try get new ones at either of the places u suggested.

let give the thanks to God...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by MsNas(f): 3:52am On Feb 05, 2015
HOTWATER:

Hey Guys, I just got wind of an information , that new international students are no longer entitled to the summer break and they must take summer classes. Can anybody confirm this .
What school and state are you? Cos last I heard, SEVIS only require you to take 9 credit hours (6 hours if you're a graduate or research assistant) as a graduate student. Summers are supposed to be free cos that is the time people get the chance to visit their home country.

Maybe it's your school that changed its policy. I haven't gotten such email
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by dannybrown19: 6:00am On Feb 05, 2015
house please, i will like to know if i can register and pay with a Visa card for TOEFL on ets website from naija.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 6:54am On Feb 05, 2015
I paid for TB test, cost 132usd. Got my insurance card and filed for return. Got my money complete. See this Oyibo people o. I paid for immunization as well as I filled just one shot. 108usd I filled for returns but I got 80%back.

The best bet is to make sure you get any doctor that had a stamp pad, fill the damn thing as they say.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by kennycooly: 9:12am On Feb 05, 2015
Hello bro,plz i'll b doing toefl soon, plz cn u snd me ur email, wanna ask sum questnz...kennycooly@yahoo.com
dicapino:
Toefl made sense today.....so I get to wait for 10days .

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by poise20(m): 9:40am On Feb 05, 2015
Hello gurus, I need ur help pls.
My friend just got admission 4 his masters in d US. He also got in state tuition which makes his fee abt 1 million naira. D question nw is can he go 2 his skl n hussle 4 d rest thru a campus job or something? Tx 4 ur anticipated replies.
Plssssssssssssss someone reply
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Achyever(f): 11:15am On Feb 05, 2015
Hi guys.
Please I am planning to write GRE, in the coming month. Can someone kindly give me a guide to having a high score and materials.
Also, What are the chances of getting admission with a 2.2 into a good school?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 12:28pm On Feb 05, 2015
https://www.nairaland.com/1832477/how-achieve-high-scores-gre

Achyever:
Hi guys.
Please I am planning to write GRE, in the coming month. Can someone kindly give me a guide to having a high score and materials.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Jchi9876: 1:52pm On Feb 05, 2015
slimmy05:
I paid for TB test, cost 132usd. Got my insurance card and filed for return. Got my money complete. See this Oyibo people o. I paid for immunization as well as I filled just one shot. 108usd I filled for returns but I got 80%back.

The best bet is to make sure you get any doctor that had a stamp pad, fill the damn thing as they say.

Snailly, a test and a shot are two different things, common sense infers they making you do the test so its fully reimbursable however the shot is technically part of your responsibilty as you may have gone to do it even when not asked that's why it is a shared payment.

Btw u still dey chop pizza ni, dey eat Better food go to restaurants or buy pots dey cook for house.
Kwashiokor dey here too oooooo

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 3:21pm On Feb 05, 2015
Walspring:

let give the thanks to God...
I hope your admission process is going well.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 3:22pm On Feb 05, 2015
Achyever:
Hi guys.
It depends on your school of interest.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Achyever(f): 3:27pm On Feb 05, 2015
profojah:
https://www.nairaland.com/1832477/how-achieve-high-scores-gre

Thank you. kiss

slimmy05:
It depends on your school of interest.
A good school, not those community schools.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by haffikem(m): 6:26pm On Feb 05, 2015
hie peeps..

i was admitted to study Msc Engineering at the university of Louisiana at Lafayette...Though i am yet to be issued my form i - 20,

please is there any one in the school that i could connect to that visits this thread or is there any one in my shoes (given admission but awaiting form i 20 ? ) to that was admitted so that we can connect....

i really seem so alone going there cos from my findings we are a class of about 12 and am the only african i guess..

moreover, roomies.. does anyone really have good knowledge of how ULL is as i have googles out diverse info about the place....

like i really need someone to give me pre info so ama be very prepared.

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 6:31pm On Feb 05, 2015
Achyever:

Thank you. kiss

A good school, not those community schools.
You would need to state your cgpa. What programme you want to go for?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 6:34pm On Feb 05, 2015
haffikem:
hie peeps..

i was admitted to study Msc Engineering at the university of Louisiana at Lafayette...Though i am yet to be issued my form i - 20,

please is there any one in the school that i could connect to that visits this thread or is there any one in my shoes (given admission but awaiting form i 20 ? ) to that was admitted so that we can connect....

i really seem so alone going there cos from my findings we are a class of about 12 and am the only african i guess..

moreover, roomies.. does anyone really have good knowledge of how ULL is as i have googles out diverse info about the place....

like i really need someone to give me pre info so ama be very prepared.

You can contact the international student advisor that you would like to meet any African organization in the school or tell your graduate cordinator to provide links to get intouch with other Africans studying there. I am very sure you'll get a link or a facebook page you can meet and you'll get all you want
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by haffikem(m): 6:43pm On Feb 05, 2015
slimmy05:
You can contact the international student advisor that you would like to meet any African organization in the school or tell your graduate cordinator to provide links to get intouch with other Africans studying there. I am very sure you'll get a link or a facebook page you can meet and you'll get all you want

ok.. thanks @slimmy..

i tried contacting the graduate coordinator but no response... i will contact the international student advisor ASAP,

but the naija guys i searched out, i tried contacting one through facebook, no reply..maybe he think say i b fraud or doesnt have time as there engineering is quite higher and demanding than ours especially at the initial period.

anyway thanks for being far too kind.

(1) (2) (3) ... (323) (324) (325) (326) (327) (328) (329) ... (502)

Lets Talk About Estonia / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 / German Embassy And Visa

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49