Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,782 members, 7,820,736 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:29 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 - Travel (392) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (868759 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (389) (390) (391) (392) (393) (394) (395) ... (502) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by crestasrs: 11:11pm On Mar 09, 2015
pls is ds160 same as booking visa appointment
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 11:12pm On Mar 09, 2015
kennyrony:

If you can't help, u don't av to discourage someone who is willing to. He's just trying to be kind and providing us with solution or alternative. Thanks once again @Slimmy
You need to learn English more in order to understand that sentence. Slimmy knew exactly i was kidding and he cracks jokes with me sometimes and so, we understand each other much better.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by crestasrs: 11:15pm On Mar 09, 2015
kennyrony:

Alright. I think I will also have to register wit eshipglobal, Did you apply for summer or Fall semester..

how come your school is finding it difficult to send ur i20 with dhl
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by PussySandie(f): 11:16pm On Mar 09, 2015
ebdib:

O boy im seeing things oo.
LOOOOOOOL
$115!!!! undecided grin
Its $105 not $115 it was a typo.i got annoyed also.I told them they should send it thru regular mail but I wasnt sure of the delivery time with regular mail.& my mum was like I should just get everything done asap. I was even planning to send it to one of ojah's friend at d state but the school never replied my mail.
I mailed eahipglobal that I can only see ups as d only courier agent they've got and I needed Dhl.then I got a mail from them that I didn't input my address correctly which I did later and the fee was $105.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by kennyrony(m): 11:27pm On Mar 09, 2015
joenicewake:
You need to learn English more in order to understand that sentence. Slimmy knew exactly i was kidding and he cracks jokes with me sometimes and so, we understand each other much better.
I really can't find the English I needed to learn more in ur sentence the postman. Or kind-hearted ". Lol.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by kennyrony(m): 11:29pm On Mar 09, 2015
crestasrs:

how come your school is finding it difficult to send ur i20 with dhl
They use regular airmail which takes weeks b4 u get it.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 11:33pm On Mar 09, 2015
PussySandie:

Its $105 not $115 it was a typo.i got annoyed also.I told them they should send it thru regular mail but I wasnt sure of the delivery time with regular mail.& my mum was like I should just get everything done asap. I was even planning to send it to one of ojah's friend at d state but the school never replied my mail.
I mailed eahipglobal that I can only see ups as d only courier agent they've got and I needed Dhl.then I got a mail from them that I didn't input my address correctly which I did later and the fee was $105.
Send it to Ojah's friend and do TNT pickup, it shouldnt cost more than 13k. But if you have the cash, then you can go ahead. Its speedy, but my school signed up with Fedex and I paid just $65, got my I-20 in 3days
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 11:43pm On Mar 09, 2015
kennyrony:

I really can't find the English I needed to learn more in ur sentence the postman. Or kind-hearted ". Lol.
Lol, the literal meaning of my whole sentence is what i'm talking about and is not other way round cheesy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by kennyrony(m): 11:51pm On Mar 09, 2015
joenicewake:
Lol, the literal meaning of my whole sentence is what i'm talking about and is not other way round cheesy
Lol... Mr Joe.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 12:01am On Mar 10, 2015
kennyrony:

Lol... Mr Joe.
Yo, hope you're having fun here. Life is cool, you know?

kenny is a beautiful name, just like KennyG.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by kennyrony(m): 12:06am On Mar 10, 2015
joenicewake:
Yo, hope you're having fun here. Life is cool, you know?

kenny is a beautiful name, just like KennyG.
Hmmmmm. Joe is also a cool name just like Fat Joe or Joe-Cole. Lol but hope u are not as fat as fat Joe sha.... Really catching fun and hoping to join u pple over there soon.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by zeezahbee(f): 1:14am On Mar 10, 2015
PussySandie:

are you getting funding from this school? if YES, since the school can only send through UPS, just pay the money before they start giving you stories
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by pcbo: 1:40am On Mar 10, 2015
Please i have gotten admission to University of Toledo with Scholarship,when asked by VO about why i chose the university,can i talk about their mandatory Co-op program for engineering students (Wont i be rejected if i say that since VO will think i have immigrant intent ),hence reason i like this school
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 1:49am On Mar 10, 2015
pcbo:
Please i have gotten admission to University of Toledo with Scholarship,when asked by VO about why i chose the university,can i talk about their mandatory Co-op program for engineering students (Wont i be rejected if i say that since VO will think i have immigrant intent ),hence reason i like this school
can you throw more light on the co-op Programme? What does it entail
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by pcbo: 1:54am On Mar 10, 2015
the Co-op program places students in relevant industries related to their field of engineering and they are paid wages for the duration.which lasts from 3-4 months every year and are also graded on performance
it is mandatory to do at least 3 placements and is start from 2nd year to final year
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 2:05am On Mar 10, 2015
pcbo:
the Co-op program places students in relevant industries related to their field of engineering and they are paid wages for the duration.which lasts from 3-4 months every year and are also graded on performance
it is mandatory to do at least 3 placements and is start from 2nd year to final year
ofcourse it's not bad, it has a very unique internship placement that gives hands on experience. Not bad at all, it's incorporated in the programme, focus more on the research and what you intend to achieve as well.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by olumide098(m): 2:21am On Mar 10, 2015
Good evening Guruz....where are my people in states....Back on to nairaland now....

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by pcbo: 2:25am On Mar 10, 2015
@ slimmy thank you
Hope to visit you in Tennessee by fall(God willing)
Thanks cheesy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by biikeys(m): 3:20am On Mar 10, 2015
kennyrony:

Bro pls elaborate more on dis. Do you mean it might be difficult to see a company to fill for u wit Non-Thesis Degree? I was given 3 options
Master's Degree: Thesis Option
Master's Degree: Report Option
Master's Degree: Course Work Option.

But I wanted to choose the course work option.

Why don't you go with the thesis option? Apart from job prospects, you learn a whole lot..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by streetMic(m): 6:15am On Mar 10, 2015
Professional programs are not eligible for funding. Apply to other schools and focus on a full time thesis Master's/phd program. Or ask her if it is possible for you to change the status of your current admission from professional to Academic.

sholay2011:

Na wa for this Purdue ppl o. My advisor talk say there is no funding for what I was admitted for.

I actually got admission for Professional Master of Science in International Agribusiness (in Agricultural Economics). I later checked my admission letter and saw that it's a self-funded program and students there aren't eligible for tuition waivers and etc within the dept...imagine.

I still dey disturb the woman (advisor) that she should please look into my case and dat I can serve as her assistant in any capacity. grin

Also, for what I was admitted for...though my advisor said the students write papers, it's a non-thesis programme.
I just dey confuse now...wen me I don dey imagine how research go be like...and it isn't the best programme for someone dat wants to advance to PhD since the 'traditional' (na so dem cal am) Agricultural Economics programme where students write thesis, are funded etc. dey dia.

This is the last mail my advisor sent me:
"This degree is primarily for students who plan to work in the industry, especially multinational firms. Purdue’s own PHD program does not admit professional MS students. However, you are required to take  the same Microeconomic theory, Macroeconomic theory, Econometrics, Programming, courses together with research track (all funded) MS students. You can take any MS courses offered in our department. You don’t write a thesis, but write a none-thesis paper.  It is up to the students how good a research paper can be. I once advised a non-thesis international student who is now a PHD student in the US fully funded as an RA, partly because we turned her non-thesis paper into a journal publication, while most research track MS students do not have.    Please consider all carefully before you make this big decision involving a lot of $$.  We truly welcome you to our program but will understand whatever your decision."

Please, what do y'all think? Should I just focus on hopefully getting admission into the other schools I applied to? Thanks.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by streetMic(m): 6:19am On Mar 10, 2015
Chf. How spring break de go?
olumide098:
Good evening Guruz....where are my people in states....Back on to nairaland now....
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by kennyrony(m): 7:38am On Mar 10, 2015
pcbo:
@ slimmy thank you
Hope to visit you in Michigan by fall(God willing)
Thanks cheesy
Are sure Slimmy is in Michigan or Tennessee
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by kennyrony(m): 7:41am On Mar 10, 2015
biikeys:

Why don't you go with the thesis option? Apart from job prospects, you learn a whole lot..
Alright bro, thanks for your advice
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by pcbo: 10:01am On Mar 10, 2015
@ kennyrony
sorry confuse his residence with edib's residence
# corrected
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by madream4life: 10:33am On Mar 10, 2015
Gud morning Nairalanders, gurus I hail u.... Pl I need ur views and advice on this;
I applied for US visa last year and was denied, I also applied for canadian visa few months afta I was also denied.

My question is if I apply again for US visa dis year, will my applying for Canadian visa few months afta I was denied US visa last year affect my new application dis year?

I'm jst worried pl help
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by eagleeye7: 11:23am On Mar 10, 2015
slimmy05:
don't worry, you bank statement might not matter to them, in most cases you might not be asked for it. But on a safer side, you need to be there with one and mind you, you can have anyone be your sponsor.

You have been extremely helpful! Thank you so much. I thought only specific persons can act as sponsors. Or am I mistaken? Many thanks!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by worry359(m): 11:24am On Mar 10, 2015
madream4life:
Gud morning Nairalanders, gurus I hail u.... Pl I need ur views and advice on this;
I applied for US visa last year and was denied, I also applied for canadian visa few months afta I was also denied.
My question is if I apply again for US visa dis year, will my applying for Canadian visa few months afta I was denied US visa last year affect my new application dis year?
I'm jst worried pl help
It would help to answer if you gave the reason and codes of the two rejections.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by superduperjay: 1:08pm On Mar 10, 2015
Good afternoon @all. I want to take the april GRE and I just want a first hand info about the exam. Please how did u guys go about your own exam?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 1:15pm On Mar 10, 2015
Hello. This thread will help you a lot. But try and create
some time for some prep. Good luck. smiley
https://www.nairaland.com/1832477/how-achieve-high-scores-gre
superduperjay:
Good afternoon @all. I want to take the april GRE and I just want a first hand info about the exam. Please how did u guys go about your own exam?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by superduperjay: 2:35pm On Mar 10, 2015
Ok.Thanks.
sirRiddy:
Hello. This thread will help you a lot. But try and create
some time for some prep. Good luck. smiley
https://www.nairaland.com/1832477/how-achieve-high-scores-gre
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 3:19pm On Mar 10, 2015
mystiqme, I sent you a mail.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by nifty: 4:10pm On Mar 10, 2015
HEY GUYS I NEED YOUR HELP REGARDING A FRIEND.....HE IS TRYING TO SEND HIS TRANSCRIPT TO WES FOR EVALUATION BUT THE UNI HE GRADUATED FROM HE GOT INTO THE UNI THRU DIRECT ENTRY WOULD HE ALSO NEED TO SEND HIS OND CREDENTIALS ALSO FROM HIS PREVIOUS POLYTECHNIC TOO?

(1) (2) (3) ... (389) (390) (391) (392) (393) (394) (395) ... (502)

Lets Talk About Estonia / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 / German Embassy And Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.