Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,432 members, 7,830,175 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:17 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 - Travel (456) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (870741 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (453) (454) (455) (456) (457) (458) (459) ... (502) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by aanowai(m): 1:33pm On Apr 20, 2015
Hello again... my I-20 states "Family Support" as my source of funding.

The last time I applied, I stated in my DS-160 that my father was my sponsor. This time around, I want to apply as self-sponsor, but my I-20 states .

Does the source of funding stated on my I-20 "Family Support", pose any problem; if I apply as self-sponsor?

Should I go ahead with applying as self-sponsor or I should apply with my father as my sponsor?

I have been working for about 5 years and also run a business (I have my SOA and that of my company).
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Walspring: 1:39pm On Apr 20, 2015
kellycute:
Good morning yall, please I want to know the amount for mrv fee. Thanks

#31200 but try and confirm from Gtbank when making the payment.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 2:19pm On Apr 20, 2015
aanowai:
Hello again... my I-20 states "Family Support" as my source of funding.

The last time I applied, I stated in my DS-160 that my father was my sponsor. This time around, I want to apply as self-sponsor, but my I-20 states .

Does the source of funding stated on my I-20 "Family Support", pose any problem; if I apply as self-sponsor?

Should I go ahead with applying as self-sponsor or I should apply with my father as my sponsor?

I have been working for about 5 years and also run a business (I have my SOA and that of my company).
Nothing bad in using both. You can use your fathers statement and yours. Fill yours in the DS160 or use your dads, family funds there doesn't really matter.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by EdetMavo(m): 6:23pm On Apr 20, 2015
my expedited appointment was denied....

will this affect the visa procurement in any way?

need answers urgently...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by EdetMavo(m): 6:24pm On Apr 20, 2015
between ABUJA and LAGOS....
which is easier??
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 6:42pm On Apr 20, 2015
EdetMavo:
my expedited appointment was denied....

will this affect the visa procurement in any way?

need answers urgently...
No it wont
EdetMavo:
between ABUJA and LAGOS....
which is easier??
Anyone closer to you.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by antisocial: 7:25pm On Apr 20, 2015
Hello,everyone, pls am going to the embassy first week of July.I wanted to go with April,May,June and July account statement,I hope it is allowed that way.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by glitter24(m): 7:35pm On Apr 20, 2015
Walspring:

#31200 but try and confirm from Gtbank when making the payment.
Hello check your Mail
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by adewale1990: 8:28pm On Apr 20, 2015
I feel confused right now nairalanders pls advise. I received my I-20 from Virginia International University on the 15th of April stating 4th of May as deadline for resumption. After going on with other process the earliest date i received for my Visa appointment is 6th of May. The University is not ready to issue an extension letter and i have already done the necessary aspa embassy prep. P.s advise
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Gentle4christ: 9:22pm On Apr 20, 2015
adewale1990:
I feel confused right now nairalanders pls advise. I received my I-20 from Virginia International University on the 15th of April stating 4th of May as deadline for resumption. After going on with other process the earliest date i received for my Visa appointment is 6th of May. The University is not ready to issue an extension letter and i have already done the necessary aspa embassy prep. P.s advise

Check properly, there is still date available for April except it is full already.... You can book an emergency appointment..... Gurus pls assist him
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 10:16pm On Apr 20, 2015
sirRiddy:
Don't cry. Sorry about the low speaking. That section is a pain in the a.ss
congrats all the same.
Have you checked NITDA scholarship?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 10:17pm On Apr 20, 2015
adewale1990:
Your agent should have told you all these.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by amanze15(m): 11:09pm On Apr 20, 2015
hi everyone hows u doing today, slimmy05 nwanna hope u good...i got a appointment in may already going through PART 5 to get some tits bits, rickyrozay dude u are awesome, walspring great guy, a wonderful thread and u all have contributed to its success, success stories coming soon
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 11:19pm On Apr 20, 2015
amanze15:
hi everyone hows u doing today, slimmy05 nwanna hope u good...i got a appointment in may already going through PART 5 to get some tits bits, rickyrozay dude u are awesome, walspring great guy, a wonderful thread and u all have contributed to its success, success stories coming soon
Success, I am sure you are armed already. Build your level of confidence, don't fidget or panic due to large crowds or others visa denial. Stay strong and hold your confidence till the very end. Smile genuinely and dress comfortable.

Lastly, all glory is to God.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Walspring: 11:26pm On Apr 20, 2015
glitter24:
Hello check your Mail

Okay...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Walspring: 11:29pm On Apr 20, 2015
adewale1990:

Is better you apply to another school that is well recognized and has a good research and background reputation and forget about VIU

Then cancel your visa appointment until you get admission into another school
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Walspring: 11:29pm On Apr 20, 2015
amanze15:

To God be the Glory
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by adeoladrg(m): 11:45pm On Apr 20, 2015
zeezahbee:
They accept any transcript even if it's oluwole cheesy. Agent use VIU a lot. The embassy discovered that some people couldn't even write standardize test and even pronounce common English. The Vo questioned the student credibility.

Good evening Pharm. I'm sorry I needed to come here to get your attention. Please there's an urgent situation here. It's about Pharm Akinbobola Adebola aka Bobbler. His life is at stake.

Read the full story on www.pansoou2015.

Anything you can help us with. And also a rebroadcast of the message. I'll be expecting your reply. Thanks.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 11:36am On Apr 21, 2015
Thanks bro.
Guys have been talking about it.
I would check it. Bawo ni?
slimmy05:
Have you checked NITDA scholarship?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by KINGTELLER: 12:01pm On Apr 21, 2015
landuseact:
woohooo, it's been weeks since my last update. Thank God for me o, I got an assistantship last week and i have since moved into an apartment that I am sharing with a fellow nigerian. I wont lie it took a while for me to adjust to the idea of assignments and online quizzes for every class but I've been settling in quite nicely.

Was up... Please a quick one...Do NIU give graduate assistantship (teaching or research) for international student in MIS course ?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by zeezahbee(f): 1:37pm On Apr 21, 2015
adeoladrg:

Good evening Pharm. I'm sorry I needed to come here to get your attention. Please there's an urgent situation here. It's about Pharm Akinbobola Adebola aka Bobbler. His life is at stake.

Anything you can help us with. And also a rebroadcast of the message. I'll be expecting your reply. Thanks.
I saw the broadcast on bbm, you can as well involve TEHN on nairaland , they could be of help

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Bexson: 1:49pm On Apr 21, 2015
PLEASE HELP ME.
I want to study in the US on scholarship. I'm very serious about it but I don't have any idea on how I'm to go about it. Anybody who has gotten admission to study abroad on scholarship, can you help me out?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by worry357: 2:13pm On Apr 21, 2015
Bexson:
PLEASE HELP ME.
I want to study in the US on scholarship. I'm very serious about it but I don't have any idea on how I'm to go about it. Anybody who has gotten admission to study abroad on scholarship, can you help me out?

There are ten million youths in Nigeria that would like to study on scolarship! cheesy
Scolarship is normally given to exceptional students so get yourself very good marks.
Then YOU need to search with Google for scolarships in subjects that you are interested in.
Then YOU apply to the schools.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by samnoah(m): 2:38pm On Apr 21, 2015
adeoladrg:

I just posted a tweet with the hash tag #saveAdebolaAkinbobola. You can spread the info on twitter and hopefully supports will come.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by muideeen: 3:44pm On Apr 21, 2015
@Adewale1990. kindly get this information right now. The school you got admission from 'Virginia international University' has seriously been tagged at the embassy. so anyone that went with that school doesnt come back with Visa. so try and confirm very well and i am telling you based on what i know about the school... have been Travelling industry for past 6 years now and we have had several and i mean sevaral experiences. so watch it very well.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 3:53pm On Apr 21, 2015
muideeen:
@Adewale1990. kindly get this information right now. The school you got admission from 'Virginia international University' has seriously been tagged at the embassy. so anyone that went with that school doesnt come back with Visa. so try and confirm very well and i am telling you based on what i know about the school... have been Travelling industry for past 6 years now and we have had several and i mean sevaral experiences. so watch it very well.
Its just laziness on the part of the student who settles for such glorified college. I seriously wish he listens and re-strategise.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by worry357: 4:27pm On Apr 21, 2015
So many students in so many countries fall into the trap of picking the cheapest school.
Cheap school reflects in the quality of the teaching.
So when potential employers see the name of a cheap school they rate the student as a poor candidate, so very few job oportunities.
Many times people have wasted all that money and time to end up with no job.
But Nigerians MUST study abroad at all costs! sad
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by warriboy21(m): 4:47pm On Apr 21, 2015
Pls I received a mail from troy uni

Hello I would need your gre log in information. Please send me the username and password.

Though I submitted a printed gre results to them.. Pls people is it safe to send Dem?
Anybody.. Pls
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 5:12pm On Apr 21, 2015
warriboy21:
Pls I received a mail from troy uni

Hello I would need your gre log in information. Please send me the username and password.

Though I submitted a printed gre results to them.. Pls people is it safe to send Dem?
Anybody.. Pls
did you send official score from ets to them? Send them your details jor.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by jakeharris(m): 6:01pm On Apr 21, 2015
adewale1990:

Yo chill out.....you resuming for fall or summer?....coz I know if it's fall.....its later than may...somewhere between August and September. ....its you going for the summer semester. ..its ft hard to get a visa just saying
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by jakeharris(m): 6:06pm On Apr 21, 2015
For the guy looking for scholarship. ...they are different types of schlorship. .....you could be a student athlete and pat nothing.....or if you high school transcript is good you could get one. ....in my school .....if you get a 4.0 gpa is secondary school and a 1300 in sat you would get a full schlorship and they would be paying you 1 thousand dollars a month.....hr only thing you pay for is feeding and housing........am talking about west Virginia university
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by adeoladrg(m): 6:27pm On Apr 21, 2015
zeezahbee:
I saw the broadcast on bbm, you can as well involve TEHN on nairaland , they could be of help

Who is in charge of TEHN?

(1) (2) (3) ... (453) (454) (455) (456) (457) (458) (459) ... (502)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 / Lets Talk About Estonia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.