Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,307 members, 7,811,916 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:29 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 - Travel (484) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (866221 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (481) (482) (483) (484) (485) (486) (487) ... (502) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Walspring: 10:13pm On May 04, 2015
f8luv87:
Guys are really smiling,I wish to smile tooooo! Congrts!!

Dont worry much because we will all smile gringringrin

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 10:24pm On May 04, 2015
f8luv87:
Guys are really smiling,I wish to smile tooooo! Congrts!!
Do the needful and you will smile as well. All the best

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by haffikem(m): 10:35pm On May 04, 2015
dicapino:

Lolz. Make i even ask yu here. I need yur advice is it prudent to take an MS in Pet Eng( move from Mech Eng). Most of my friends are telling me it is streamlined and oil and gas is on a decline.

the greatest don dicapino

people will always give you advice based on the limitations of them exposure.... na them giv u money register for TOEFL ? GRE ? apply do sleepless night ask endless questions and now at this point you having a rethink..... i know of many success stories if you don't knw of... petroleum engineering might only seem a narrow end when done at B.sc level but witha base in mechanical engineering with your knowledge of machines, fluid dynamics and thermodynamics..the sky can only be ur footstool.

petroleum industry is not as narrow as you might take it to be...also remember that gas is the future...it drives lots of sectors...fracking technology is also there and other computer modifications and realisations to help in deep water wells, and for enhanced oil recovery. if you allow me to go on and on and on...

i took my time to research and maybe if you don't know....gas is the future.....it also drives plants turbines and for energy generation. Nigerias gas reserves has not even been touched..we still dey flare gas... imo anambra ondo has large gas reserves....where is the expertise to make it commercial ?

This is just a summary of numerous potentials embedded in the world of petroleum...you can peruse spe.org and download some of them resources to have a firsthand knowledge of the field you about to venture into.. also not forgetting its the highest paying engineering.

As for the price of oil...its normal....it comes and goes not minding lots of folitics and vavanipulations of various communities.

Take time to critically peruse on any online resource about the world of petroleum ..... am sure those people advising you are not practicing engineers.

please be guided.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by EdetMavo(m): 10:36pm On May 04, 2015
aadeyi:

Congratulations bro... you killed it. Enjoy your stay in Obamaland
thank you bro
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by EdetMavo(m): 10:42pm On May 04, 2015
glitter24:
Please do you stay at abuja please reply my pm
just did... check your mail...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nabylet(f): 11:10pm On May 04, 2015
lolajenc:
Hello Nairalanders, I initially applied for the accelerated nursing program in Illinois state university but then some people advised me to change to another course because VOs don't normally grant visas to people going to study nursing so I changed to health information management but I already have a degree in cell biology and genetics(university of lagos) and now I'm hearing that they don't usually issue visas to second degree applicants, my interview is on may 26th, 2015...I'm a little confused...should I tell the vos I'm going for a second degree or a forget that I have a prior BSc and just say I'm going for a first degree instead? Thank you

Please house, is this true?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by innovativeame(m): 11:25pm On May 04, 2015
lolajenc:
Hello Nairalanders, I initially applied for the accelerated nursing program in Illinois state university but then some people advised me to change to another course because VOs don't normally grant visas to people going to study nursing so I changed to health information management but I already have a degree in cell biology and genetics(university of lagos) and now I'm hearing that they don't usually issue visas to second degree applicants, my interview is on may 26th, 2015...I'm a little confused...should I tell the vos I'm going for a second degree or a forget that I have a prior BSc and just say I'm going for a first degree instead? Thank you
I join my faith with yours, you shall be granted that favour IJN. BTW, Illinois state university is my school, I've been waiting for ages to see who will head in that direction. Now I've found you. Pls pm me, lemme share a thought or two with you. Besides that, be confident say it the way it is, look into the VO'S eyes, no mannerism and let the VO see reasons why you have chosen Illinois state university or other schools. You will testify here, by God's grace. See you at the top.
NB: your allegations about "VOs don't normally grant visas to people going to study nursing" and "I'm hearing that they don't usually issue visas to second degree applicants are not true. This where you make it more interesting and fun. Make the VO understand that you just discover your passion for nursing after studying cell biology. There is a positive correlation between cell biology and Nursing. Studying cell biology gave u an insight to what more you can do with the entire human system. Be creative and make the VO palpitate, instead of you. Goodluck

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 11:26pm On May 04, 2015
Walspring, are there any schools that gives 100% scholarship to SAT 2000? if yes, which schools?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Bplati: 11:30pm On May 04, 2015
How many weeks will the study take for me to ACE the exam?
I work week days undecided
Can you beat it down a bit? sad
I'm looking at writing by June ending /early July.

Any hint on how to shoot a video essay?

Walspring:

Can you afford #30,000
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 11:38pm On May 04, 2015
Nabylet:

Please house, is this true?
No. Just go there, defend yourself and make your interview very interesting. You'll get the visa. Period!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 12:28am On May 05, 2015
slimmy05:
Why not talk about peace and conflict resolution as an area you are interested and only two schools in US offers that area of specialization. You need to talk intelligently, stop muddling things up. Post your pre interview response here and CC me, I will help you edit it and give a better response.

Wow
Thanks bro, I'll appreciate that very much but by pre-interview response, you mean my prepared answers to possible questions?

If yes, then I'll get it to you.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 12:33am On May 05, 2015
0000A:

Wow
Thanks bro, I'll appreciate that very much but by pre-interview response, you mean my prepared answers to possible questions?

If yes, then I'll get it to you.

Yes. Your response to the interview questions
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 12:42am On May 05, 2015
slimmy05:
Yes. Your response to the interview questions

Ok sir.
I just requested to send you a PM now.

Here it is, even thought I ended up not rembering most of it:
----------------
One of the few univ offering int'l rel at master's level

Curriculum is spread across key areas of international relations good enough to prepare one for academia

Terrorism & international security are part of the focal points of int'l politics given how terrorism has grown to become a world wide phenomenon.

Foreign policy that would, asides from MDGs, help drive development through transfer of education, skills, technology, sciences, cultural exchanges. And the role of non state actors.

Quality professors with an arsenal of in depth knowledge in key areas of int'l relations. Some whom I have built a rapport with and have shared weblinks to their numerous works in my key areas of interest.

Faculty ratio of 9-1 which at par with national average. As a result, small class that creates an enabling environment to learn through the ease of building connections between lecturers and fellow student which culminates into exchange of knowledge and ideas.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 1:08am On May 05, 2015
0000A:

Ok sir.
I just requested to send you a PM now.

Here it is, even thought I ended up not rembering most of it:
----------------
One of the few univ offering int'l rel at master's level

Curriculum is spread across key areas of international relations good enough to prepare one for academia

Terrorism & international security are part of the focal points of int'l politics given how terrorism has grown to become a world wide phenomenon.

Foreign policy that would, asides from MDGs, help drive development through transfer of education, skills, technology, sciences, cultural exchanges. And the role of non state actors.

Quality professors with an arsenal of in depth knowledge in key areas of int'l relations. Some whom I have built a rapport with and have shared weblinks to their numerous works in my key areas of interest.

Faculty ratio of 9-1 which at par with national average. As a result, small class that creates an enabling environment to learn through the ease of building connections between lecturers and fellow student which culminates into exchange of knowledge and ideas.
I will respond to your PM and work on this for you. I will get back to you on wednesday.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 1:25am On May 05, 2015
slimmy05:
I will respond to your PM and work on this for you. I will get back to you on wednesday.

Ok boss, I appreciate.

Nor vex o, I have a quick Q.

How does one check for possible interview dates?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 1:29am On May 05, 2015
0000A:

Ok boss, I appreciate.

Nor vex o, I have a quick Q.

How does one check for possible interview dates?
Once you login your profile, you will see the next available date
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by MrRoYCe(m): 1:35am On May 05, 2015
For those searching for cheap flights....Use incognito mode when searching for flighs....It's generally cheaper that way.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by aanowai(m): 1:56am On May 05, 2015
slimmy05:
aanowai

I have replied your mail.

Yea slimmy05, i got it. Thanks a bunch, for the insight. I appreciate ur time taken. God bless u..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by x2lambo(m): 2:38am On May 05, 2015
Hello guys please I need a help I need schools that offer admission without toefl I will like to have the names of the schools and website I just don't want to pick any schools from the internet please verified schools please I hope I got help soon thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by imperiouxx(m): 3:00am On May 05, 2015
tradenet:
Hello
Please I use a travel agent and he gave ame a false bank satement to use for my interview cause he insisted I say my dad is paying my school fee and now my application is under administrative processing . Please what can I do the flase doc is still with the consulate. I have an account that is in my name and it has a good sum in . Please advice.

Forget about going to the U.S. for at least a decade.

You've been successfully banned automatically.

Good luck in your future endeavors.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by imperiouxx(m): 3:03am On May 05, 2015
Ripleus2:
I got my visa this morning, thankfully. Here is my transcript as I remember it. The whole thing took like 3 to 4 minutes.

Cheers!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by imperiouxx(m): 3:07am On May 05, 2015
tradenet:
Thanks guys I would keep you posted with the out come and please everyone out there don't make same mistake

This is really funny. It's not necessary.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by imperiouxx(m): 3:19am On May 05, 2015
sealleone:
. Funny u mentioned that, I know someone that left last year, he was 26...first time and he got the damn visa

At 26 or 28 you're just going for an associate degree, when do you want to have your masters degree? Getting the visa might be really hard. Go for bachelors degree instead.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by imperiouxx(m): 4:44am On May 05, 2015
@spyke01 and EdetMavo,

Cheers!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by EdetMavo(m): 4:54am On May 05, 2015
imperiouxx:
spyke01 and EdetMavo,

Cheers!

Thank you bro... your advises to people contributed to our success...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by EdetMavo(m): 4:55am On May 05, 2015
MrRoYCe:
For those searching for cheap flights....Use incognito mode when searching for flighs....It's generally cheaper that way.

pls what is *incognito mode??
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by zeezahbee(f): 5:11am On May 05, 2015
lolajenc:
Hello Nairalanders, I initially applied for the accelerated nursing program iIllinois state university but then some people advised me to change to another course because VOs don't normally grant visas to people going to study nursing so I changed to health information management but I already have a degree in cell biology and genetics(university of lagos) and now I'm hearing that they don't usually issue visas to second degree applicants, my interview is on may 26th, 2015...I'm a little confused...should I tell the vos I'm going for a second degree or a forget that I have a prior BSc and just say I'm going for a first degree instead? Thank you
Who are those people that always give false news. Are they in the USA ? You can get visa with any course as long as you can prove it. Regardless of what course you are going for, you will always be a potential immigrant to the VO. So go with your nursing or whatever course you like. Good luck
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by penroll55(m): 7:42am On May 05, 2015
If you are a Nigerian abroad and you get an award, won a scholarship or did something good, Nigerians will say oh, he is our child, we are proud of him or her, in fact they will pray for more success for the person but if you commit crime or they arrest you for drugs, Nigerians will abuse you and your entire tribe. When you ask them why they are not calling that one their child as well, they will tell you, let everybody bear hin papa name o... . What am I saying in essence? Wherever we are and whatever we are doing, we must always strive to succeed legally and we must never do things that will soil our dignity. If you are also into crime and you are lucky not to have been caught, you still have the chance to start afresh, if you want to commit crime, think twice. Success has many friends and if we are all hardworking and persevering enough, the world will celebrate us too one day. My salute to all Nigerians at home and abroad doing clean hustle, may we reap the sweet fruits of our labour

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by jakeharris(m): 8:10am On May 05, 2015
Walspring:

Dont worry much because we will all smile gringringrin

Yo Walspring if you still get my number what's app me or here it is +16817588615
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 8:25am On May 05, 2015
I am feeling sad. I just got denied.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by udeyokay: 8:34am On May 05, 2015
DARKLIGHT:
I am feeling sad. I just got denied.
So bad bros. Just bear it delay is never denial. please post your transcript let gurus look into your matter and advise you on what to do next
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by tdayof(m): 8:48am On May 05, 2015
Good morning here... Actually have been following this thread for months learning things..

Am not planning to study in USA but in a different country and my interview is coming up next week...

Here is my transcript I would want you guys to tell me what to remove, add or edit..
V.O: what is your name?
Me: blablabla Sir.
Vo:why are you going to China?
Me :For my degree in aeronautical engineering sir.
Vo: what university
Me:shenyang aerospace university sir
Vo:why Shenyang aerospace university?
Me; the university is highly ranked in my field of study sir and moreover it's aircraft maintenance center is the only one being approved By the Chinese civil aviation authority and this Would make practical aspect more effective and efficient sir especially in aerodynamics sir.
Vo:how did you find this university?
Me: I found this university during a search on internet and I visited the school official website and I was impressed with the school faculty profile and course curriculum sir.
Vo: what course are you going for
Me: aeronautical engineering sir
Vo:what will the course be go you.
This course will open new and more job prospects and advantage for me in Nigeria after the completion of my course.
Vo: why are you going for aeronautical engineering?
Me:i have a Strong interest in aviation and engineering so going for this course will provide me a specialization in my field of interstate sir.
V.o:why did you pick China for your studies?
Me:China has always been the center of excellence especially in aeronautical engineering and provides quality education by making students gain knowledge in practical ways as much as possible
Vo:Who is sponsoring you?
Me : my dad
Vo:What does he do...
Me:blablabla...

Sorry for derailing your thread.
Thanks.

Slimmy05 cc

(1) (2) (3) ... (481) (482) (483) (484) (485) (486) (487) ... (502)

Lets Talk About Estonia / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 / German Embassy And Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.