Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,693 members, 7,823,948 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 06:58 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (869248 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (502) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 6:56pm On Aug 23, 2014
castrotroy80: Hello house, am expected to be at school on 2nd of sept according to my I-20, but due to some family issues i have to remain in Nigeria till 5th of sept. I already informed the school explaining to them reason i wont be there on that date and i was told to expect an extension letter on Monday. My greatest concern now is the POE, hope there wont be any problem on arrival at the POE. Please urgent response needed

You're very much good to go! cheesy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 6:57pm On Aug 23, 2014
Walspring:

Well nothing will happen on your arrival at POE provided you have the extension letter to show the immigration people at the POE..

You are good to go in Amefrica voice...

My nigga! cheesy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Walspring: 6:59pm On Aug 23, 2014
Amerinancy: My school is one of the best liberal arts college in the nation, nationally ranked, private, four year, residential liberal art college. Average class size of 15 students. we have about 1,300+ students. They do not offer graduate studies.

@Teddyrain and Amerinancy...

Sorry what is the name of the school?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Walspring: 7:01pm On Aug 23, 2014
Amefrica:

My nigga! cheesy

Yes Jigga.. grin

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by castrotroy80: 7:33pm On Aug 23, 2014
Walspring:

Well nothing will happen on your arrival at POE provided you have the extension letter to show the immigration people at the POE..

You are good to go in Amefrica voice...

Thanks bro
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by castrotroy80: 7:33pm On Aug 23, 2014
Amefrica:

You're very much good to go! cheesy

Thanks Amefrica
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Walspring: 7:44pm On Aug 23, 2014
castrotroy80:

Thanks bro

Thanks to big capital GOD.....
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by wiseman2392(m): 8:37pm On Aug 23, 2014
imperiouxx
I am very grateful for the response. God will help u abundantly
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by bigfrancis21: 9:54pm On Aug 23, 2014
dcyprusog: Amerinancy,stevecrun,bigfrancis21 how did you guys pay your sevis fee

Having a relative or friend abroad pay for you on your behalf is the cheapest way for you to pay the SEVIS fee, and also fast.

I can help you out if you don't mind.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by bigfrancis21: 9:57pm On Aug 23, 2014
castrotroy80: Hello house, am expected to be at school on 2nd of sept according to my I-20, but due to some family issues i have to remain in Nigeria till 5th of sept. I already informed the school explaining to them reason i wont be there on that date and i was told to expect an extension letter on Monday. My greatest concern now is the POE, hope there wont be any problem on arrival at the POE. Please urgent response needed

Once you have the official extension letter from your school explaining their permission for you to resume later than written on the I-20, you will be ok at the POE.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by bigfrancis21: 10:00pm On Aug 23, 2014
damine: Hi people. Thanks for all the posts, being following quietly and I have gained a lot. I have a few questions smiley

-Any Nigerians in TROY uni, Shippensburg uni & NCAT? How are these schools?
-Is there any downside to self-sponsoring as far as visa interview is concerned?

Thanks.

@bold...you need to back up your self-sponsorship with something very convincing and tangible that you are doing, ie a well-paying job that you have that pays you very well, or a fluorishing business that you are doing that is providing you with such funds. Expect to furnish the VO with job payslips or personal/business account(s) that reflect considerable flow of money. Schooling in US can be expensive and the VO expects that you back up your claim with evidence of your source of income.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by bigfrancis21: 10:05pm On Aug 23, 2014
bridestiny: Hello All,

I am a newbie here.
Tickets are so expensive now!

Is it okay to get a one way ticket to the US on a student Visa?
I heard there are some airlines that do not allow students with one way ticket to fly. Can anyone list a few airlines that accept this?

I hope flying on a one way ticket will not have any issue at the POE.

Thanks in advance.

I don't think that's true, except if things have changed recently. Otherwise, you should book a one-way ticket to the US if travelling on a stuent visa since you are not coming back in the next 6 to 12 months I suppose. Almost every F1 student traveling to US books a one-way ticket. Yours should not be an exception.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Idazbawz(m): 10:20pm On Aug 23, 2014
Amerinancy: True!! Some schools do that. My advisor told me they do it. That's why such schools might even ask you to deposit tuition or enrollment fee to see how much determination you have to study there. But they do it for students if they are on scholarship. If not, you are on your own.
my goodness shocked... I'm hearing this for d very first time in my life.... can this b possible?? Its US embassy, not Nigerian embassy... either with educationUSA or not, if u can't defend yurseff at d embassy, you'd be at high risk of getting delayed. If u have something to prove dis, kindly share it...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by iluvmybishop: 11:12pm On Aug 23, 2014
hello house its so gud to join u guys in part 6
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by JabinodelaRatta(m): 12:02am On Aug 24, 2014
bigfrancis21:

I don't think that's true, except things have changed recently. Otherwise, you should book a one-way ticket to the US if travelling on a stuent visa since you are not coming back in the next 6 to 12 months I suppose. Almost every F1 student traveling to US books a one-way ticket. Yours should not be an exception.
boss u seem to av forget my mail; still waiting for ur reply.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by ojsenior: 1:31am On Aug 24, 2014
bridestiny: Hello All,

I am a newbie here.
Tickets are so expensive now!

Is it okay to get a one way ticket to the US on a student Visa?
I heard there are some airlines that do not allow students with one way ticket to fly. Can anyone list a few airlines that accept this?

I hope flying on a one way ticket will not have any issue at the POE.

Thanks in advance.
yes, you can buy one way. You won't have any problem at POE. Round ticket are cheaper most times than one way. You need to tell the agent (if you are using agent) that you are student.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by bridestiny: 5:08am On Aug 24, 2014
@bigfrancis, Walspring,

Thank you for your contribution.

I appreciate.
Thumbs up!

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by decreamaster(m): 7:03am On Aug 24, 2014
hey guys
am thinking of transfering immediately i arrive but am scared if the current sch wont get angry
their fee is kindda much.too much.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by glomona09: 8:42am On Aug 24, 2014
good morning to every one in the house and happy sunday! im a fresh graduate from a state university and am planning to do my masters in the US, my question is that is nysc one of the criteria for doing masters? im planning of doing the nysc as soon as am done with my masters...... to pple in the house i need an urgent replys thanks..... one love!!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by godG: 8:49am On Aug 24, 2014
glomona09: good morning to every one in the house and happy sunday! im a fresh graduate from a state university and am planning to do my masters in the US, my question is that is nysc one of the criteria for doing masters? im planning of doing the nysc as soon as am done with my masters...... to pple in the house i need an urgent replys thanks..... one love!!

Mr. glomona09, no. NYSC is ONLY important in anything Nigerian within Nigeria.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by princejeffery: 9:12am On Aug 24, 2014
Thanks bro osahons9 I really appreciate ur kindness. .. pls I will like to ask u a few ? If u won't mind? ? But r u on whatsapp or bbm?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by streetMic(m): 9:25am On Aug 24, 2014
meekpie: Hello house, greetings to everyone in here. I have found this house to be very informative in the fairly short period I have been observing as a guest. I have two questions that I hope the house can answer for me:

1.) I heard recently that it is now possible to make outbound western union payments from Nigeria, does this mean that the SEVIS FEE can now be paid from Nigeria? If so which banks are compliant so far and if not, what is the best possible method to pay the SEVIS FEE as of now (lol sorry I guess this is actually more than one question in one)

2.) What is the earliest possible time one can book a visa interview before resumption date? For example in my case resumption is in January 2015 and I-20 is at hand.

Really looking forward to your candid and informative answers. Thanks

Walspring Amefrica imperiouxx justwise

4 months to ur resumption. watz d name of ur skool?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by streetMic(m): 9:27am On Aug 24, 2014
decreamaster: hey guys
am thinking of transfering immediately i arrive but am scared if the current sch wont get angry
their fee is kindda much.too much.

if u already have the i-20 of the other skool. roll on

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by RexNdubest(m): 10:04am On Aug 24, 2014
@bigfrancis21, MsNas, Kpoli, Imperioxx, Walspring, Graviton2, gogG, Joenice, America, etc;

Do u guys know any NL family in Philadelphia or Upenn in particular. Ur help will be very useful to me. I'll be arriving Philly late no thanks to my sponsor (scholarship ). Thanks as I await ur responses
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 10:56am On Aug 24, 2014
RexNdubest: @bigfrancis21, MsNas, Kpoli, Imperioxx, Walspring, Graviton2, gogG, Joenice, America, etc;

Do u guys know any NL family in Philadelphia or Upenn in particular. Ur help will be very useful to me. I'll be arriving Philly late no thanks to my sponsor (scholarship ). Thanks as I await ur responses
Man, don't worry. Nigerians are everywhere, even in Bahamas :-) Talk to your school. Tell them you want to know your countrymen for academic friendship :-)

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by streetMic(m): 11:10am On Aug 24, 2014
RexNdubest: @bigfrancis21, MsNas, Kpoli, Imperioxx, Walspring, Graviton2, gogG, Joenice, America, etc;

Joenice said it all. Jux go dere and ask 4 Nigerians. Best bet visit deir engineering/sci dept.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Dot1(m): 11:12am On Aug 24, 2014
Bigfrancis, OjaP, Walspring.....pls am still patiently waiting for ur replies to the mail I sent u. Thanks bosses
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 11:19am On Aug 24, 2014

I have a guy there! I can link you if you don't mind..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by zeezahbee(f): 12:04pm On Aug 24, 2014
glomona09: good morning to every one in the house and happy sunday! im a fresh graduate from a state university and am planning to do my masters in the US, my question is that is nysc one of the criteria for doing masters? im planning of doing the nysc as soon as am done with my masters...... to pple in the house i need an urgent replys thanks..... one love!!
NYSC aint a criteria for admission, its your decision, you can do it before you leave Nigeria or you can go back for it after your masters, different strokes for different people, some people didn't do NYSC at all. if you see yourself becoming a politician in future or you wanna work in a government parastatal then do your nysc before going anywhere
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by zeezahbee(f): 12:08pm On Aug 24, 2014
desy24444: Pls I nid assistance on how to go and do my masters in anesthetic nursing in USA including how to get scholarship.thanks
do you have bachelors in any medical related course?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by zeezahbee(f): 12:17pm On Aug 24, 2014
juntod:

Go straight to the ISSO of the school on your visa. Make sure you are with the I-20 of the CC. Show it to them and tell them you are transferring your SEVIS info to the CC. They have no reason not to oblige. Make sure you go before resumption date of both schools.
WRONG, he shouldn't go to the school on his visa, NEVER, once he reports to the school on his visa, it means he will be checked in and the one semester rule before transferring will happen, the school might terminate his sevis if he says anything about transferring asap. have always said it here, GO TO THE CC STRAIGHT not the school on your visa, OR ELSE YOU GONNA GET STRUCK

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by zeezahbee(f): 12:20pm On Aug 24, 2014
bigfrancis21:

Yes, so far as the expiry date of the passport is at least 6 months ahead of the month the visa is going to be issued. That is, there must be at least a 6-month gap between the passport's expiry date and the month your visa is expected to be granted. If, say, your passport expires in december and you are going for your interview in may(7 months apart), that will not hinder your visa process if granted, but if your passport expires in december and you are going for your interview in august(4 months apart), there will likely be a problem.

In that case if your passport is not at least 6 month old from your intended visa interview month, you would need to renew your passport. This will also save you the stress and cost of travelling all the way to Washington DC to renew it here in the US especially if your school is far from DC given that the Nigerian embassy is located only in Washington DC.
is Washington the only place on ecan find a Nigeria embassy?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (502)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 / Lets Talk About Estonia / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.