Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,827 members, 7,862,727 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 02:37 AM

I Am Thrilled To Be Alive, Says Kent Brantly, American Ebola Survivor - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / I Am Thrilled To Be Alive, Says Kent Brantly, American Ebola Survivor (439 Views)

Photos: Couple Caught Having Sex In A Car Park In Kent / Ebola Survivor Dr Ada Igonoh Shares Her Story / Picture Of A Lagos-Ibadan Expressway Accident Survivor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

I Am Thrilled To Be Alive, Says Kent Brantly, American Ebola Survivor by OpenEye(m): 7:24pm On Aug 22, 2014
(What About Ebola Patients In West Africa Who Can't Get the experimental drug, ZMapp?)

[b]I Am Thrilled To Be Alive, Says Kent Brantly, American Ebola Survivor

Below is the text and video of the very moving speech by Dr. Kent Grantly at a Press Conference to announce his release from Emory University Hospital, Atlanta. Dr. Grantly and Nancy Writebol had been infected with the Ebola virus while working as medical missionaries in Liberia. They were flown to Emory where they were treated with the new experimental drug ZMapp. Mrs. Writebol had earlier been discharged having also fully recovered. First to speak in the video is Dr. Bruce Ribner, Medical Director of the Infectious Diseases Unit of Emory University Hospital...[i][/i]
------------------------------------
"Today is a miraculous day. I am thrilled to be alive, to be well and to be reunited with my family. As a medical missionary, I never imagined myself in this position. When my family and I moved to Liberia last October to begin a two-year term working with Samaritan's Purse, Ebola was not on the radar. We moved to Liberia because God called us to serve the people of Liberia.
In March, when we got word that Ebola was in Guinea and had spread to Liberia, we began preparing for the worst. We didn't receive our first Ebola patient until June, but when she arrived, we were ready. During the course of June and July, the number of Ebola patients increased steadily, and our amazing crew at ELWA Hospital took care of each patient with great care and compassion. We also took every precaution to protect ourselves from this dreaded disease by following MSF and WHO guidelines for safety..."

[url]SEE THE FULL SPEECH AND VIDEO HERE http://www.ugowrite..com/2014/08/i-am-thrilled-to-be-alive-kent-brantly.html [/url]

SOURCE
http://www.ugowrite..com/2014/08/i-am-thrilled-to-be-alive-kent-brantly.html

(1) (Reply)

Americans Rally In New York City For 9/11 Truth / 10 Things Ladies Do After A Break-up / Breaking News: Bomb Blast In Kano

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.