Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,222 members, 7,818,762 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:56 AM

INDECISION: The Lexus Rd 330 Or The Toyota Camry 2007?? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / INDECISION: The Lexus Rd 330 Or The Toyota Camry 2007?? (3885 Views)

An Accident Involving A Drunk Driver At Ado Rd., Lagos (picture) / Lexus 2013 Concept Vehicles - The Lexus LF-CC & LF-LC / Is The Lexus RX 300 Better Than The Highlander (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

INDECISION: The Lexus Rd 330 Or The Toyota Camry 2007?? by Temix(m): 9:39pm On Aug 22, 2014
Please car gurus help with this my dilemma. .I want to get a new car but I am undecided on which I should get between the rx330 and Toyota camry 08, can u be so kind as to give me the pros and cons and which you think is best, also price of a clean belgium of us choice, just heard rx330 cost as low as 1.4m, was shocked......Please help guys..tnx
Re: INDECISION: The Lexus Rd 330 Or The Toyota Camry 2007?? by RoyalRoy(m): 10:08pm On Aug 22, 2014
First of all, run away from anyone who asks you to bring 1.4m for an Rx330 ooo. Except maybe the person was quoting price for Rx300.

A good and well maintained Rx330 starts from 2.4m-2.9m.

Cheers

3 Likes

Re: INDECISION: The Lexus Rd 330 Or The Toyota Camry 2007?? by expert101(m): 10:39pm On Aug 22, 2014
My friend go and buy RX330. Forget that camry thing!
Re: INDECISION: The Lexus Rd 330 Or The Toyota Camry 2007?? by RoyalRoy(m): 10:44pm On Aug 22, 2014
expert101: My friend go and buy RX330. Forget that camry thing!

Have you told him about the cost of maintenance?

Have you told him about the availability of experienced and qualified mechanics?

Have you asked him how much his budget is?

All these factors come into play.... Not just for mere aesthetics and personal feelings.
Re: INDECISION: The Lexus Rd 330 Or The Toyota Camry 2007?? by Nobody: 1:20am On Aug 23, 2014
RoyalRoy: First of all, run away from anyone who asks you to bring 1.4m for an Rx330 ooo. Except maybe the person was quoting price for Rx300.

A good and well maintained Rx330 starts from 2.4m-2.9m.

Cheers
@ bolded, you'd get a crap lemon RX, RX starts from 2.6m for the base empty carton type, and rises up to 3.2m for full spec'd option.
If you wanna know much more about RX, I have written dozens of write ups on that vehicle check my profile.
Op, I won't tell you what to choose. You know your planned budget, you know your maintenance lifestyle, you know how well you can handle routine or unexpected car expenses. You imagine yourself in your desired car. Choose whatsoever tickles your fantasy and would give you satisfaction.

1 Like

Re: INDECISION: The Lexus Rd 330 Or The Toyota Camry 2007?? by RoyalRoy(m): 8:25am On Aug 23, 2014
lomomike:
@ bolded, you'd get a crap lemon RX, RX starts from 2.6m for the base empty carton type, and rises up to 3.2m for full spec'd option.
If you wanna know much more about RX, I have written dozens of write ups on that vehicle check my profile.
Op, I won't tell you what to choose. You know your planned budget, you know your maintenance lifestyle, you know how well you can handle routine or unexpected car expenses. You imagine yourself in your desired car. Choose whatsoever tickles your fantasy and would give you satisfaction.

Have you factored in the year of production? Say 2004? Price is determinant on a number of factors. The cleanest titled 04 i have seen here in Texas wil end up around 2.4m in the end.
Re: INDECISION: The Lexus Rd 330 Or The Toyota Camry 2007?? by Nobody: 8:38am On Aug 23, 2014
RoyalRoy:

Have you factored in the year of production? Say 2004? Price is determinant on a number of factors. The cleanest titled 04 i have seen here in Texas wil end up around 2.4m in the end.
Oh you're in Texas, I never knew you're talking from the point of view of Texans. In Nigeria, the Base model (empty kpangolo edition) 04 will cost 2.6m upwards.
Re: INDECISION: The Lexus Rd 330 Or The Toyota Camry 2007?? by RoyalRoy(m): 8:46am On Aug 23, 2014
lomomike: Oh you're in Texas, I never knew you're talking from the point of view of Texans. In Nigeria, the Base model (empty kpangolo edition) 04 will cost 2.6m upwards.

Lol @ kpangolo edition.

I was in this Op's dillema too some years back. Choice exactly between these two cars.

Maintenance was a big factor in choosing the Rx330. The Camry Xle was easier and cheaper to maintain.

But I think I might make the move few months from now. Time to "move up".

No pain no gain!!!

Re: INDECISION: The Lexus Rd 330 Or The Toyota Camry 2007?? by Nobody: 9:42am On Aug 23, 2014
RoyalRoy:

Lol @ kpangolo edition.

I was in this Op's dillema too some years back. Choice exactly between these two cars.

Maintenance was a big factor in choosing the Rx330. The Camry Xle was easier and cheaper to maintain.

But I think I might make the move few months from now. Time to "move up".

No pain no gain!!!

Lol, No mind me o! Hope you understand that the 'kpangolo edition' I refer to those models with Fabric upholstery, ordinary 1CD player audio system, normal speakers, no Navigation, no DVD, no power rear lift gate, no 'AIRs' air suspension, non HID (normal yellow head lamps H/L beams). I've never been in this situation before because I always do extensive research, visit car dealers to inspect the cars I have as my minimum standard choice, test drive, some to know their manners, visit mechanics to understand how well they can handle these cars when they develop issues if I can't handle these issues, and also detail on my budget to go for the trim level I wish to drive.
Re: INDECISION: The Lexus Rd 330 Or The Toyota Camry 2007?? by sultaan(m): 2:24pm On Aug 23, 2014
lomomike:

Lol, No mind me o! Hope you understand that the 'kpangolo edition' I refer to those models with Fabric upholstery, ordinary 1CD player audio system, normal speakers, no Navigation, no DVD, no power rear lift gate, no 'AIRs' air suspension, non HID (normal yellow head lamps H/L beams). I've never been in this situation before because I always do extensive research, visit car dealers to inspect the cars I have as my minimum standard choice, test drive, some to know their manners, visit mechanics to understand how well they can handle these cars when they develop issues if I can't handle these issues, and also detail on my budget to go for the trim level I wish to drive.

What you called "kpangolo" is not RX330, but the Toyota Harrier not made for the US market, it has a 4cyl engine in there.
People are thrifty enough to pay that much for a 4cyl because they save on fuel after spending N2m+

1 Like

Re: INDECISION: The Lexus Rd 330 Or The Toyota Camry 2007?? by Nobody: 3:17pm On Aug 23, 2014
sultaan:

What you called "kpangolo" is not RX330, but the Toyota Harrier not made for the US market, it has a 4cyl engine in there.
People are thrifty enough to pay that much for a 4cyl because they save on fuel after spending N2m+
You call it harrier a lot of people won't know the vehicle. When you call it RX330 people will. So best way to call it is RX330 "kpangolo edition".
Re: INDECISION: The Lexus Rd 330 Or The Toyota Camry 2007?? by Nobody: 9:27am On Aug 24, 2014
lomomike:
You call it harrier a lot of people won't know the vehicle. When you call it RX330 people will. So best way to call it is RX330 "kpangolo edition".
You got me laughing there.
Re: INDECISION: The Lexus Rd 330 Or The Toyota Camry 2007?? by calobinna(m): 10:36am On Aug 24, 2014
rx330 is more reliable....try!
Re: INDECISION: The Lexus Rd 330 Or The Toyota Camry 2007?? by expert101(m): 4:59pm On Aug 24, 2014
lomomike:

My friend you don't know what you are talking...How much is 2001 RX in Lagos and Cotonou? In terms of performance you will get much better than camry. I know someone that goes to mechanic because of the low base line of 07 Camry.
Re: INDECISION: The Lexus Rd 330 Or The Toyota Camry 2007?? by RoyalRoy(m): 5:01pm On Aug 24, 2014
expert101:

My friend you don't know what you are talking...How much is 2001 RX in Lagos and Cotonou? In terms of performance you will get much better than camry. I know someone that goes to mechanic because of the low base line of 07 Camry.

Re: INDECISION: The Lexus Rd 330 Or The Toyota Camry 2007?? by Nobody: 5:14pm On Aug 24, 2014
expert101:

Your write up Don't make sense to me. Please review it and rewrite it again. Meanwhile, the OP isn't speaking about RX300 2001, he's speaking about RX330 2004-2006. In performance, A camry 3.5LV6 will eat up a RX330, but in luxury and handling department, the RX330 AWD will kill the camry 9 times over. When it comes to price, when was the last time you checked the price of a RX330 and a Camry 07?
Re: INDECISION: The Lexus Rd 330 Or The Toyota Camry 2007?? by Nobody: 5:20pm On Aug 24, 2014
RoyalRoy:

I been think say na only me him confuse. Maybe him don get the effect of 'agbo jedi' wey him take from 'iya ala agbo'. grin
Re: INDECISION: The Lexus Rd 330 Or The Toyota Camry 2007?? by bimbor(m): 7:04pm On Aug 24, 2014
Why do Nigerians refer to American used cars as "Belgium"? These cars were never made in Belgium? Can someone explain this mystery?

1 Like

Re: INDECISION: The Lexus Rd 330 Or The Toyota Camry 2007?? by Nobody: 7:09pm On Aug 24, 2014
bimbor: Why do Nigerians refer to American used cars as "Belgium"? These cars were never made in Belgium? Can someone explain this mystery?

From someone way older than me who was in the auto biz.
"Before now, cars were imported from Europe and specifically the country of Belgium..."
Re: INDECISION: The Lexus Rd 330 Or The Toyota Camry 2007?? by RoyalRoy(m): 7:31pm On Aug 24, 2014
lomomike:

I been think say na only me him confuse. Maybe him don get the effect of 'agbo jedi' wey him take from 'iya ala agbo'. grin

grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: INDECISION: The Lexus Rd 330 Or The Toyota Camry 2007?? by king406(m): 7:43pm On Aug 26, 2014
My oga both cars are good, durable, fast, and fuel economy is very ok. But the camry gets greater resale value. Now for the performance of the rx330.. Vehicle type :ront-engine, front or 4-wheel-drive, 5-passenger, 5-door wagon.. Engine: DOHC 24-valve V-6, aluminum block and heads, Toyota engine24-control system with port fuel injection
Displacement: 202 cu in, 3311cc... Torque: 242 lb-ft @ 3600 rpm... Transmission: 5-speed automatic with lockup torque converter... Fuel economy (city) 18-20 mpg, fuel economy (highway) 24-26 mpg.. Tokunbo price in Nigeria is 2M-3M... Now for the camry... Vehicle type: front engine, front wheel drive, 5passenger, 4door sedan... Engine type: DOHC 24valve v6, aluminium block and heads, direct fuel injection.. Displacement: 211 cu in, 3456cc.. Power: 268bhp @ 6200rpm.. Torque: 248lb-ft @4700rpm.. Transmission: 6speed automatic with manumatic shifting. Fuel economy city: 22-mpg, fuel economy highway 31mpg.... Tokumbo price in Nigeria 1.5M-2.5M. So its ur choice sir but if I were u I would choose the camry because its faster grin
Re: INDECISION: The Lexus Rd 330 Or The Toyota Camry 2007?? by cecegorz(m): 12:46pm On Aug 27, 2014
lomomike:
I was wondering where you saw cloth upholstery in Lexus Rx330. Because I'm expecting to pick up one shortly, and the few I've inspected are all Leather with Wood finish. The major differnces are usually; AIRs suspension, Sat Nav, and rear view camera.
The Toyota Harrier is actually the model name in Japan, and the forerunner to the North American Lexus RX series.

bimbor: Why do Nigerians refer to American used cars as "Belgium"? These cars were never made in Belgium? Can someone explain this mystery?
Back in the 90's when it was Mercedes flat booth, V Booth, BMW 3 series, VW Golf, Nissan Laurel, Audi 80, etc that rock Nigerian Auto shops, those cars were usually imported from Europe, probably Belgium.
Re: INDECISION: The Lexus Rd 330 Or The Toyota Camry 2007?? by chucky234(m): 1:42pm On Aug 27, 2014
lomomike:

Another fake epistle.
Re: INDECISION: The Lexus Rd 330 Or The Toyota Camry 2007?? by Nobody: 4:37pm On Aug 27, 2014
chucky234: Another fake epistle.

"...Lexus RX 330 is available with a choice of front- wheel drive ($35,775) or all-wheel drive ($37,175). It's powered by a sophisticated dual overhead-cam V6 with variable-valve timing, driving through a five-speed electronically controlled automatic transmission.
The list of standard luxuries is long, and includes
automatic climate control, premium audio, cruise
control, traction and stability control, privacy
glass, automatic headlamps, fabric upholstery, and 17-inch aluminum wheels. The list has been lengthened for 2005 with eight-way power for the front passenger seat, ten-way power for the driverseat, wood and leather trim for the steering wheel and shift knob, AM/FM/CD stereo, and a power rear liftgate (previously optional) that's easier to use than before."

autos.aol.com/cars-Lexus-RX+330-2005/expert-review/

"3-point reel rear seat belts on driver side,
passenger side and center side
Rear seat center armrest
Three asymmetrical 40/20/40 front facing
reclining rear seats with fore/aft adjustment and
zero adjustments
Automatic operation rear view mirror
Remote audio controls
Remote fuel filler door release
Front and rear roof airbag
Front seat back storage
Seating: five seats Upgraded cloth/velour seat upholstery with additional upgraded cloth/velour
Service interval indicator
Front side airbag
Eight speaker(s)
Wood & leather electrically adjustable multi-
function steering wheel with tilt adjustment and
telescopic adjustment
Tachometer"

www.motortrend.com/cars/2005/lexus/rx330/specifications/interior.html
Re: INDECISION: The Lexus Rd 330 Or The Toyota Camry 2007?? by Nobody: 12:03am On Aug 28, 2014
expert101:

Lol I fail to comprehend this.. What exactly are you on about ?

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

The 10 Most Reliable Car Brands / Thank You Gazzuzz / ..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.