Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,591 members, 7,812,928 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:47 PM

Philip Emeagwali Is 60 Today!! His Message To Nigeria - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Philip Emeagwali Is 60 Today!! His Message To Nigeria (3554 Views)

Comparing Philip Emeagwali With Kunle Olukotun / You Believe This Guy Is 60 Years? / King Sunny Ade (omo Oba Aladeniyi) Is 60 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Philip Emeagwali Is 60 Today!! His Message To Nigeria by Techwriter: 4:51am On Aug 23, 2014
Philip Emeagwali, the well known scientist is 60 today. Haters, back off!!!
Read excerpts and see more images in the link afterwards

Oil Tanks exhausted, Think Tanks Needed
Should Nigeria migrate from oil to soil, as is often suggested. I think not. It should leapfrog into the Information Age. Nigeria cannot return to an agricultural age because the West is being urbanized, the East is being eroded, and the North is being desertified. A Nigeria without oil must make the transition to a knowledge-based economy.

Nollywood can redefine 21st century Africa as the continent of arts and innovation. If Nigerians have an average of three children per couple, it will become the world's third most populous nation in 50 years. It will lag behind China and India, but will have a greater population density. Where will we find farmland? My grandfather's farmland was located where Onitsha market now lies. For countless centuries, my Igbo ancestors were farmers. Sons walked in their father's footsteps, ploughing the same land. Their life expectancy was about 37 years.
read more http://think2wize..com/2014/08/oil-tanks-exhausted-think-tanks-needed.html

Re: Philip Emeagwali Is 60 Today!! His Message To Nigeria by smakati(m): 6:24am On Aug 23, 2014
Make dis phillip guy go pack well.
Re: Philip Emeagwali Is 60 Today!! His Message To Nigeria by idupaul: 8:47am On Aug 23, 2014
He should be in jail for hoodwinking his home country claiming to be what he is not.
Re: Philip Emeagwali Is 60 Today!! His Message To Nigeria by Techwriter: 7:22pm On Aug 23, 2014
Hate him or love him, he has achieved what majority of Nigerians will never achieve. It may be exaggerated, yet you can't deny the fact that he is an enigma. One more lesson for you: those who focus on the wrong side of people rarely move ahead in life. While you are busy criticizing them they are making more impact while you have not moved a step from Nairaland where you stay and waste your bytes and time. So use your time to do something more constructive than looking for who to bash. Try it and thank me later
idupaul: He should be in jail for hoodwinking his home country claiming to be what he is not.
Re: Philip Emeagwali Is 60 Today!! His Message To Nigeria by idupaul: 12:03am On Aug 24, 2014
Techwriter: Hate him or love him, he has achieved what majority of Nigerians will never achieve. It may be exaggerated, yet you can't deny the fact that he is an enigma. One more lesson for you: those who focus on the wrong side of people rarely move ahead in life. While you are busy criticizing them they are making more impact while you have not moved a step from Nairaland where you stay and waste your bytes and time. So use your time to do something more constructive than looking for who to bash. Try it and thank me later

Please can you tell me what he actually achieved so I can apologise!!!
Re: Philip Emeagwali Is 60 Today!! His Message To Nigeria by Techwriter: 1:25am On Aug 24, 2014
idupaul:

Please can you tell me what he actually achieved so I can apologise!!!
ask wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philip_Emeagwali
Re: Philip Emeagwali Is 60 Today!! His Message To Nigeria by idupaul: 1:41am On Aug 24, 2014
Techwriter:
ask wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philip_Emeagwali

Please don't ever show me an open sourced content link again when it come Emeagwali ...1000 dollar prize award now turn into father of the internet accolade .. Thomas Edidon died decades before the internet came yet when I google him his achievements are clear for all to see . Emeagwali was an will always. Remain a fraud.
Re: Philip Emeagwali Is 60 Today!! His Message To Nigeria by Techwriter: 1:59am On Aug 24, 2014
In as much as I respect your fight for sincerity, I would also want to let you know that you believed the White stories, because slavery made most of you believe everything White is Right. But that is false. They wrote what they wanted you to read. Have you ever read that Shakespeare did not write the books attributed to him(Google it!) or that Neil Armstrong never landed on the moon? The white conspiracy theories that amplifies their achievement and belittles yours caught up with you and you swallowed them and now using it as an example against your black brother. Even the Sahara Reporter that blew the whistle cannot deny that Philip Emeagwali had a Gordons Award, owns two masters Degree, is a geologist, mathematician and engineer all of which are great feats.

idupaul:

Please don't ever show me an open sourced content link again when it come Emeagwali ...1000 dollar prize award now turn into father of the internet accolade .. Thomas Edidon died decades before the internet came yet when I google him his achievements are clear for all to see . Emeagwali was an will always. Remain a fraud.

(1) (Reply)

I Dont Like Wizkid As A Person Anymore,fame Has Changed Him" - Samklef / [photos] John Legend And Wife Are Just Drunk In Love,a Real Celeb Marriage!!! / Wow! Pregnant Kim Kardashian Goes Naked In Her Most Revealing Selfie Ever

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.