Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,089 members, 7,818,273 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:35 AM

We’re Expecting Tinubu, El-rufai, Their Godfathers To Join Jonathan —abati - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We’re Expecting Tinubu, El-rufai, Their Godfathers To Join Jonathan —abati (1722 Views)

Revealed: Obasanjo, Tinubu, El-rufai Lead Cabal Behind Saraki’s Trials / Buhari's Cabinet: Shocker Awaits APC Godfathers - Tribuneonline / Buhari Ministerial List Lobbyists Withdraw CV; Begs Godfathers To Halt Lobby; (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

We’re Expecting Tinubu, El-rufai, Their Godfathers To Join Jonathan —abati by fkaz(m): 1:45pm On Aug 23, 2014
One of the most used words by the opposition or people who don’t like Jonathan is that he is “clueless.” Looking back, from what you have said about the president’s achievement, how do you respond to that?

I have had cause to respond to those people on many occasions. It is very obvious now that it is those people criticizing President Jonathan who are totally clueless. They have no idea whatsoever. You are beginning to see it now. The thing around their neck is beginning to play out. Some of their key spokespersons who used to criticize President Jonathan are now all rushing to come to the President’s party. They are in fact gate-crashing.

I mean, one of the key figures in the APC has declared for the PDP in his home state in Adamawa. And that is a man who was once famously quoted as saying that Nigeria under President Jonathan is a sinking ship. The same man is joining that ship because he has seen that the ship is not sinking at all and that the captain of the ship is a good captain who is providing quality leadership. He has seen the light and the light has set him free. That is the kind of illumination that has been happening to many of these persons. They suddenly see the light and they recant and I am very happy.

Even a former governor and a former Minister have also joined the PDP. These are people who used to criticize the ruling government, these are people who used to criticize President Jonathan but they keep seeing the light. We welcome such people.

So, the same people you are quoting, many of them are coming into the PDP. Many of them are joining President Jonathan. And I believe that as we move towards 2015, you will find more and more people like that. We don’t need to say anything anymore. The Lord Almighty is winning the battle for us.

These are the people who championed the various abuses and they are turning to our side now and supporting us.

I mean, there was one person in the fold of APC who even said I was the child of a same-sex marriage just because I pointed out to him that his criticism of President Jonathan was unfair. Today, he is one of the leading defenders of President Jonathan. The thing speaks for itself, then.

They even now make my job easier because those people that I used to fight with, they are coming to our side one by one. We are waiting for Nasir el-Rufai, Lai Muhammed, Oby Ezekwesili, Dino Melaye, and the Jagaban (Bola Tinubu) and their Northern godfathers: may they all see the light, and may the light set them free.

And that tells you something, that we have a president who is a true leader who in the fullness of time, you find his worst critics, becoming his strongest promoters. And that is our point; this whole thing should not be about ego, it is about doing the best in all circumstances for our country. Nigeria must and will prevail. We welcome everybody who is willing to be part of that national agenda of progress and transformation.

Read full interview here: http://www.tribune.com.ng/quicklinkss/politics/item/14052-we-re-expecting-tinubu-el-rufai-their-godfathers-to-join-jonathan-abati

5 Likes

Re: We’re Expecting Tinubu, El-rufai, Their Godfathers To Join Jonathan —abati by fkaz(m): 1:53pm On Aug 23, 2014
I mean, there was one person in the fold of APC who even said I was the child of a same-sex marriage just because I pointed out to him that his criticism of President Jonathan was unfair. Today, he is one of the leading defenders of President Jonathan.

Femi Fani-kayode is a disgrace to his family and Nuhu ribadu may also fall in line as a result of greed

5 Likes

Re: We’re Expecting Tinubu, El-rufai, Their Godfathers To Join Jonathan —abati by stexsy(m): 2:18pm On Aug 23, 2014
PDP dont nid them...
Re: We’re Expecting Tinubu, El-rufai, Their Godfathers To Join Jonathan —abati by stexsy(m): 2:45pm On Aug 23, 2014
fkaz:

Femi Fani-kayode is a disgrace to his family and Nuhu ribadu may also falling in line as a result of greed
wat is greed in one realising his mistake n taking steps to correct it?

5 Likes

Re: We’re Expecting Tinubu, El-rufai, Their Godfathers To Join Jonathan —abati by deeobserver209(m): 2:45pm On Aug 23, 2014
In other words if they know the truth, the truth will open their eyes and they'll will be set free. From lies and propaganda. Nigeria shall be great again. God bless Nigeria!
GEJ TILL 2019!!!

4 Likes

Re: We’re Expecting Tinubu, El-rufai, Their Godfathers To Join Jonathan —abati by Jaideyone(m): 2:45pm On Aug 23, 2014
tinubu will join PDP when hell freezes over... Jagaban can not be intimidated or tempted with cookie like the abatis, ffks and ribadus of this world cheesy

2 Likes

Re: We’re Expecting Tinubu, El-rufai, Their Godfathers To Join Jonathan —abati by Jaideyone(m): 2:49pm On Aug 23, 2014
stexsy: wat is greed in one realising his mistake n taking steps to correct it?
lol so it took the efcc case for ffk to realise his mistake? it took the political appointment for abati to realise his mistake? and it took the promise of a free governorship ticket for ribadu to realise his mistake? keep deceiving urself grin

1 Like

Re: We’re Expecting Tinubu, El-rufai, Their Godfathers To Join Jonathan —abati by Nobody: 2:50pm On Aug 23, 2014
Jaideyone: tinubu will join PDP when hell freezes over... Jagaban can not be intimidated or tempted with cookie like the abatis, ffks and ribadus of this world cheesy

At the right price Tinibu will join PDP. You think Tinibu cares about?

2 Likes

Re: We’re Expecting Tinubu, El-rufai, Their Godfathers To Join Jonathan —abati by lilprinze: 2:53pm On Aug 23, 2014
Lol Elrufai will join Jonathan when the devil converts to Islam . when GEJ wins 2015 election am sure the the devil would convert to Islam by that time.

1 Like

Re: We’re Expecting Tinubu, El-rufai, Their Godfathers To Join Jonathan —abati by Jaideyone(m): 2:56pm On Aug 23, 2014
gboss4sure:

At the right price Tinibu will join PDP. You think Tinibu cared about?
keep dreaming grin
Re: We’re Expecting Tinubu, El-rufai, Their Godfathers To Join Jonathan —abati by Nobody: 3:03pm On Aug 23, 2014
Everyone knows the tactics of PDP "share the money". All those mentioned were attracted to the PDP by financial and political inducement not because of Ideology. This is a kind of thread that you will see Jonathanians in their numbers where no reasonable thing is said other than "decamp, I decamp". Anyway, whoever decide to go to PDP is free to but it will not stop Nigerians from kicking out gej in 2015. As for Ribadu, this should be a lesson to him
Some of their key spokespersons who used to criticize President Jonathan are now all rushing to come to the President’s party. They are in fact gate-crashing.
Re: We’re Expecting Tinubu, El-rufai, Their Godfathers To Join Jonathan —abati by Nobody: 3:24pm On Aug 23, 2014
Jaideyone: keep dreaming grin

Continue deceiving yourself. APC is just tinibus money making machine, he will repeat what he did in 2011

1 Like

Re: We’re Expecting Tinubu, El-rufai, Their Godfathers To Join Jonathan —abati by Ovamboland(m): 5:45pm On Aug 23, 2014
gboss4sure:

At the right price Tinibu will join PDP. You think Tinibu cared about?

I thought you guys said Tinubu has the APC states treasury at his disposal, so how much do you think Jonathan needs to spend to buy him to PDP.

In your hurry you guys end up contradicting yourselves.
Re: We’re Expecting Tinubu, El-rufai, Their Godfathers To Join Jonathan —abati by mike404(m): 6:30pm On Aug 23, 2014
LMFAO @ THEIR NORTHERN GOD FATHER grincheesygrin
Re: We’re Expecting Tinubu, El-rufai, Their Godfathers To Join Jonathan —abati by Amitex(m): 7:42pm On Aug 23, 2014
gboss4sure:

Continue deceiving yourself. APC is just tinibus money making machine, he will repeat what he did in 2011

You mean APC = Asiwaju Private Corporation grin
Re: We’re Expecting Tinubu, El-rufai, Their Godfathers To Join Jonathan —abati by Zuria(f): 8:14pm On Aug 23, 2014
Political-prostitution is not new in Nigeria...it will only be shocking if Buhari ever joins PDP grin grin grin
Re: We’re Expecting Tinubu, El-rufai, Their Godfathers To Join Jonathan —abati by danot1030: 9:26pm On Aug 23, 2014
Ribadu u done suffer, u see ur life. U have become an object of mockery in the hand of Abati and all PDP.
Re: We’re Expecting Tinubu, El-rufai, Their Godfathers To Join Jonathan —abati by Brahms(m): 11:18pm On Aug 23, 2014
Amitex:

You mean APC = Asiwaju Private Corporation grin
Stale!
Re: We’re Expecting Tinubu, El-rufai, Their Godfathers To Join Jonathan —abati by Freelancer00(m): 11:35pm On Aug 23, 2014
lilprinze: Lol Elrufai will join Jonathan when the devil converts to Islam . when GEJ wins 2015 election am sure the the devil would convert to Islam by that time.
What has it got to do with Islam. When would u have sense? When?!!!!!
Re: We’re Expecting Tinubu, El-rufai, Their Godfathers To Join Jonathan —abati by lilprinze: 11:48pm On Aug 23, 2014
Freelancer00: What has it got to do with Islam. When would u have sense? When?!!!!!
is he not the one that said it with his mouth that he would join PDP when devil converts to Islam undecided

Re: We’re Expecting Tinubu, El-rufai, Their Godfathers To Join Jonathan —abati by Freelancer00(m): 12:40am On Aug 24, 2014
lilprinze: is he not the one that said it with his mouth that he would join PDP when devil converts to Islam undecided
Just like saying 'when chicken starts growing teeth'. I don't know the English term for it
Re: We’re Expecting Tinubu, El-rufai, Their Godfathers To Join Jonathan —abati by scribble: 2:02am On Aug 24, 2014
About elrufais statement, well you know what they say about the devil and Islam.
Re: We’re Expecting Tinubu, El-rufai, Their Godfathers To Join Jonathan —abati by Blackfire(m): 3:27am On Aug 24, 2014
greedy politician+ gullible citizens= nigeria's problem
Re: We’re Expecting Tinubu, El-rufai, Their Godfathers To Join Jonathan —abati by Nobody: 4:20am On Aug 24, 2014
In politics,anything can happen.
Re: We’re Expecting Tinubu, El-rufai, Their Godfathers To Join Jonathan —abati by stexsy(m): 8:20am On Aug 24, 2014
Jaideyone: lol so it took the efcc case for ffk to realise his mistake? it took the political appointment for abati to realise his mistake? and it took the promise of a free governorship ticket for ribadu to realise his mistake? keep receiving urself grin
without an action there cant be a reaction..

(1) (Reply)

Resign Now, Southern Leaders’ Group Tells Jega / Who Has Ever Paid Seun For Using Nairaland That Someone Should Insult Seun? / Buhari Leading On All Polls Including in Reno Omokri's (Pics/vid) - Cramjones

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.