Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,785 members, 7,820,753 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:53 PM

APC Has Fraudulent Members — Ikimi; May Declare For PDP Soon - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC Has Fraudulent Members — Ikimi; May Declare For PDP Soon (695 Views)

Tom Ikimi Arrested By EFCC - Sahara Reporters / Buhari To Declare For Presidency On October 8 / Atiku Ready To Declare For Presidency, APC Plans For National Convention (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

APC Has Fraudulent Members — Ikimi; May Declare For PDP Soon by solaugo(m): 2:05am On Aug 24, 2014

There are indications that the estranged pioneer member of the All Progressives Congress, Chief Tom Ikimi, may leave the party if his grouse with the leadership of the party is not resolved.

Ikimi spoke with our correspondent on Friday, saying his absence at both the inaugural meetings of the party’s Board of Trustees and the National Executive Council, was in protest.

“Did you see me at the meeting or the caucus (BoT) meeting,” he queried in text message to our correspondent.

While responding to our correspondent’s further probe through text messages and series of telephone conversations, Ikimi said he had decided to remain in his house.

He said, “I received their invitations for the meetings, but I did not attend. I did not attend because I saw no reason why they should even invite me for their meetings when they did not address all the fundamental issues that I raised after the convention.

“Have you seen me attending any of their meetings since after the convention?”

The former Foreign Affairs Minister has been at loggerheads with the leadership of the party, particularly a national leader of the party, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, who he (Ikimi) had openly accused of turning the party to his private empire.

Ikimi is among the 74 newly-appointed members of the party’s BoT; but he did not attend the inaugural meetings of neither the BoT nor the NEC held on Wednesday and Thursday, respectively.

The National Publicity Secretary of the APC, Lai Mohammed, did not respond to our correspondent’s text message inquiry, requesting for his comment.

He also did not answer his call.

.....more @ http://newsnownigeria.com.ng/apc-has-fraudulent-members-ikimi-may-declare-for-pdp-soon/
Re: APC Has Fraudulent Members — Ikimi; May Declare For PDP Soon by Nobody: 6:01am On Aug 24, 2014
The APC should leave him cos he is just seeking unnecessary attention. What is his political strenght in Edo state, except that he is an opportunist like Anenih who knows how to seize a situation and corner juicy positions.

If he decamps to the PDP, he'd be a boy to Anenih; I bet he won't want that.
Re: APC Has Fraudulent Members — Ikimi; May Declare For PDP Soon by tonyot(m): 7:41am On Aug 24, 2014
OK

(1) (Reply)

Open Letter To SILVERBIRD / President Jonathan's Town In Chaos As Youths Protest Denial Of Admission Slots / Nigerian Govt Admits Owning $9.3 Millions Seized In S.a

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.