Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,950 members, 7,810,629 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:21 PM

On OOU School Fees: An Open Letter To Amosun - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / On OOU School Fees: An Open Letter To Amosun (744 Views)

Latest On Oou Strike / Info On Oou 2009/2010 Admission List / Latest On Oou Post Ume (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

On OOU School Fees: An Open Letter To Amosun by Yaungdee(m): 2:47pm On Aug 24, 2014
On OOU fee Reduction: An Open Letter to Gov. Amosun

Dear Amosun,
I deem it neccessary at this juncture on the state of things in OOU to quickly call your attention to the path of "no return to office" which you thread. Let me quickly identify here that what you and your cohort had planned is an ill-advised one. Engaging the use of force as the ultimate answer to the yearnings of OOUites in the face of school fees reduction will bring nothing to you and your cohort but Ignominy. How quickly you have forgotten how you begged OOUites for their support and vote during your campaign in 2011. So soon you have forgotten that you promised us a reasonable affordable tuition fee, where you stated clearly that we are denied affordable by the then administration. But it is so sad that we were unaware that your campaign at OOU, was a desperate attempt on your part to get power and in a twinkle of an eye turn it into a monster against the very people whom you begged for their votes and support. The truth is: you cannot terrorize us and still expect us or our parents or even friends to return you to office with our votes or theirs come "2015". However, it is satanic and villainous of your government to order the closure of our only citadel of learning, just because innocent students who had been deprived of affordable education demanded lawfully and peacefully a reasonable reduction as promised by you in 2011. Your excuse of operating ten(10) tertiary institutions does sound meaningful to us. Because as a candidate in 2011 you visited these schools begging for votes and you were so aware of their existence. Your excuse is nothing but an uncensored one. As if that was not enough, your so called commissioner still went ahead to call us "bastards and children of poor upbringing". But my question for him is this "what is his own definition of poor bringing". Is it those dat lawfully and peacefully staged their protests or those that have taken to terrorism?. Believe me sir there are some people in your cabinet that you need to relieve of their jobs.my advise for you is: make judicious use of your remaining months in office to do what is required and expected of you, complete those projects which you have spent billions of naira on and still look like nothing have been done to them(like the ago-iwoye-Illisan road that you are yet to complete all these years), and perhaps face squarely what your administration knows how to do(administration of "bridge construction only"wink as it has opted for since it received power in 2011 while abandoning sectors like: Education, Health, Agriculture, and Transportation as if our lives depend on the bridges you are constructing. Other than deploying some elements of force whose faces look like they were bred in sambisa forest parading our campuses. This is however, the period that determines your stay or being kicked out of office come 2015. Let me even inform you that these policemen you are deploying to our campuses are only playing a script, they all await your exit come 2015. You were given formal Education free of charge by baba Awolowo, but you have taken to making it difficult for the average ogun state indigenes to afford it. This is not democracy you are practising, perhaps its because you studied accounting(as I was told). Democracy involves the use of less force and accommodation of influences from those who have elected you in. But, in your case its a misuse of force, where you tink everything comes or happens by force..no wonder some instinct of aggregates who are your cohort make noise about using this statement "Amosun must continue compulsorily". One then ask if returning to office involves "must"( which may involve killing anyone that comes your way) and "compulsorily"( which means whether the masses vote for you or not election would be rigged). Then I came to realise that this government harbours miscreants and political thugs. Well let me quickly remind you that any government that fails to recognize Formal Education as a priority, such is nothing but a vagabond government
Re: On OOU School Fees: An Open Letter To Amosun by locoster(m): 3:06pm On Aug 24, 2014
Dear amosun,
a word is enough for a wise.... do the needful!!!
Re: On OOU School Fees: An Open Letter To Amosun by Yaungdee(m): 3:20pm On Aug 24, 2014
Just hope he learned a lesson from what happened in Ekiti.
Re: On OOU School Fees: An Open Letter To Amosun by wallex1983(m): 3:46pm On Aug 24, 2014
What's this one saying sef?

(1) (Reply)

Best Institute For Online Bigdata Greenplum DBA Training / .....making A First Class Or A 2.1 In Our Universities..... / Dmainman Foundation Is Back

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.