Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,256 members, 7,953,957 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 09:47 AM

Democratic Republic Of Congo Becomes 5th African Ebola Country,records 2 Deaths - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Democratic Republic Of Congo Becomes 5th African Ebola Country,records 2 Deaths (557 Views)

25 Strange And Crazy Deaths That Will Boggle Your Mind / Cuba Now Biggest Single Medical Force In African Ebola Battle / Nigerians In Guiness Book Of Records And The Records They Broke::::::::::::::::: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Democratic Republic Of Congo Becomes 5th African Ebola Country,records 2 Deaths by damilare442: 10:14pm On Aug 24, 2014
They are the first reported Ebola cases outside West Africa since the outbreak there began, although it is not clear if they are directly linked to that outbreak.

So far 1,427 people have died from the virus.

The speed and extent of the outbreak has been “unprecedented”, the World Health Organization (WHO) says.

An estimated 2,615 people in West Africa have been infected with Ebola since March.

There is no known cure but some affected people have recovered after being given an experimental drug, ZMapp. However, supplies are now exhausted.

Also on Sunday, a British health worker infected with Ebola in Sierra Leone was flown back to the UK on an RAF jet. It is the first confirmed case of a Briton contracting the virus during the current outbreak.

(1) (Reply)

What Should I Give Myself As A Gift / My Facebook Account / Major Plane Crash Averted *pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.