Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,678 members, 7,816,779 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:59 PM

Hello : Example of uncovered car sale scams.. Pass it along.. - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Hello : Example of uncovered car sale scams.. Pass it along.. (1445 Views)

Very Intensive Distress Car Sale- Peugeot 607 / Most used car sale words in Nigeria / Quick Car Sale`s Toyota Avensis 1999/2000, Sale Price 700k. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hello : Example of uncovered car sale scams.. Pass it along.. by Openroad(m): 12:56am On Aug 25, 2014
smiley grin
So I deleted the prior information on this thread.. I had published a car selling on Craigslist and the best deal there.. 2004 Nissan Maxima.. I emailed the seller and they sent me the details... I did a VIN check and it came back as legitimate... When i asked to come and see the car, they said they always travel for business and want to sell it on Ebay Protection plan.. I told them that i can pay by many means from cash to check to debit or credit card and even bank transfer, but i cannot pay for a car that i am not able to see in person and inspect...
I decided to also search Ebay Protection plan and it showed that the Nissan maxima advertised is a scam that has been posting there for quite some time in different variations of best price and trim... They offered many pictures on alternate sites with minimal pictures on Craig's list.. Its a tactic used when Craigslist has recognized the pictures used in scams many times over..

Have someone on the ground to inspect in person cars offered, see the title and ID of the person selling.. Never buy a car that cannot be shown or hides information crucial for recording a legal title.. Some deals are too good to be true but are true and good... Some are or Unsuspecting but prove to be scams or false claims about the cars history or condition..Some are too good and prove to be no good.. There is always a good car for a good price and can be taken home in good faith...

" Always have someone to follow up in person for any car advertised..To inspect it, match the title to the person/agents selling the car.."

I will be in Miami Soon on the ground ready to search out the car that you like.. Hands on inspection and title holder verification.. Carfax is always available to you and i will provide the VIN for search before any deal is entered.. I will be able to take my own pictures of the car and title before purchase is initiated..
Stay tuned for more to come in September and let me help you search the car of your interest in Miami.. I can help you purchase and ship to landing in Lagos port.. Clearing agents are available through the shipping companies or through my partner in Lagos..

Thank you much and your car is waiting to carry you on Nigeria's Open roads..
Re: Hello : Example of uncovered car sale scams.. Pass it along.. by Openroad(m): 4:37am On Aug 25, 2014
Remember that a "VIN check does not guarantee the car is not a scam" or without various issues .. A Carfax report can show details of the cars condition and history and reveal things/issues that could be hidden by sellers....
But Having hands on the ground to meet in person and inspect the vehicle, the seller/agents and the title is the best option..
I will still follow/search Craigs list and other sites as i have had nothing but good deals there while exercising caution as well...

I will also be forging relationships with local established dealers.. Not all dealers are honest but its safer to have an established location linked to point of sale and experience with determining a good car that is in good legal order for a safe deal.. Every avenue is worth exploring for the right car and every avenue is worth a good measure of caution...
Re: Hello : Example of uncovered car sale scams.. Pass it along.. by Openroad(m): 4:54am On Aug 25, 2014
This is the link to the website exposing the Ebay protection plan.. It list almost the same exact advertisement showing today on craigslist in Miami and possibly many other cities.

[url][/url]https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=A0LEV0Uzo_pTdaAADH_BGOd_;_ylu=X3oDMTE0Zjl0cjVrBHNlYwNzcgRwb3MDMQRjb2xvA2JmMQR2dGlkA0xPTkdUQzFfMQ--?qid=20090729132212AA2vtZ1
Re: Hello : Example of uncovered car sale scams.. Pass it along.. by Openroad(m): 5:05am On Aug 25, 2014
the advertisement on craigs list reads like this...

" Priced Reduced 2004 Nissan Maxima SE 64K Milage Braking Assist - $2000
condition: Contact Info: emilybell925@gmail.com size / dimensions: mid-size

2004 Nissan Maxima odometer: 64000 paint color : black size : full-size type : sedan drive : fwd fuel : gas transmission : automatic title status : clean cylinders : 6 cylinders

2004 Nissan Maxima is for sale. 64,000 mileage Very clean inside out, Runs and drives very good and smooth. In perfect shape, The body is very clean NO dents, scratch, or rust any where.6 Cylinder, 2 wheel drive - front, power everything. Must see"

I sent an email and they replied this

" The car is in perfect condition, no electric problems, no accidents/liens/loans. No scratches, never been repainted. I have all the car manuals, title, documents. I'm selling this car because my child of only 24 died 4 months ago in a car accident, a drunk driver hit him and his fiancee. He was with his fiance's car coming to our home at his little brother birthday of 16 years old. The car belonged to my son and it brings me bad memories and that's the reason I want to sell it. The final price is $2000.Me and my husband travel a lot with our business and we want to make this deal through eBay Protection Program. We will take care of the shipping so don't worry.

We hope to hear soon from you. "
More photo's here: http://www.use.com/aacef5661e337b93e870

I assured them i cannot buy a car that i cannot inspect in person, no matter how good the price is.. and i sent them the link that exposes them as Scammers... They may be operating in many cities across the country and world...

Again, here is the link that exposes this scam and they are posting more Nissan maxima ads within the past two hours... They vary them, some cheaper or some more expensive.. But the price is always a very good deal and too good to be true... They are using legitimate VIN numbers and possibly Carfax will verify a good car because its a real car but not a real deal... Just a scam..

[url][/url]https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=A0LEV0Uzo_pTdaAADH_BGOd_;_ylu=X3oDMTE0Zjl0cjVrBHNlYwNzcgRwb3MDMQRjb2xvA2JmMQR2dGlkA0xPTkdUQzFfMQ--?qid=20090729132212AA2vtZ1

Re: Hello : Example of uncovered car sale scams.. Pass it along.. by Openroad(m): 5:10am On Aug 25, 2014
Note that the pictures in this link never show a license plate, because it may be an actual traceable car

[url][/url]http://www.use.com/aacef5661e337b93e870

(1) (Reply)

Sparkling Used Lexus Rx300... 2000@ 800K @08084917622 / Clean Camry '08 For Sale / SOLD! Toks Toyota Corolla Sport 2004

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.