Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,792 members, 7,831,561 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 09:05 PM

Hey My New Website Look - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Hey My New Website Look (723 Views)

How I Got My Adsense With Just 24 Posts On A New Website Of Just 2 Weeks Old! / Pls help review my new website / GT BANK New Website Look. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hey My New Website Look by jmslimx(m): 9:00am On Oct 24, 2008
Hey Guys check out my new layout what do you think http://www.nextdreamtechnology.com/new/ , tell me what u think
Re: Hey My New Website Look by switchmax8: 10:22am On Oct 24, 2008
hello fella,
Go to your cpanel there is a space there to creat email as soon as you have created you can start using it but,it depends on the size of the website that will determine the number of emails to use
Re: Hey My New Website Look by switchmax8: 10:24am On Oct 24, 2008
Hey,
Your site is page is too bogus you should try and minimize the colour as well as size.
Re: Hey My New Website Look by jmslimx(m): 10:46am On Oct 24, 2008
well thank you , i love them big though
Re: Hey My New Website Look by DualCore1: 10:57am On Oct 24, 2008
jmslimx:

well thank you , i love them big though
Its not about what you love, my friend. Its about the public's user experience and usability.
Read about Interactive Designs.
Pay close attention to the topics User Experience Goals and Usability Goals.

Personally i see it as a very bad site design to have horizontal scroll bars
it can be excused if u're on a 20th century screen with crappy resolution,
not in this era.
Re: Hey My New Website Look by yawatide(f): 11:42am On Oct 24, 2008
jms, I love the simplicity and but for the few pointers I am about to raise, I would give it 100% based on simplicity alone. I mean to me, it isn't the greatest design-wise but again, it is simple and straight to the point:

1) Make your logo smaller so as to reduce the width of the layout. This would get rid of the horizontal scroll.

2) Contact page: Include a fillable form

3) Clients: Make the links of sites that are still live, clickable. Copying and pasting to me is a pain.

4) Clients and Services Page: You could have achieved the same effect using an unordered list rather than tables. This has the combined effect of reducing page size (equates to faster loading times) and making your site more easily indexed by search engines

5) Page headers: Each page should have one. When I was on the services page, I got confused and lost my sense of direction as it resembled the clients page.

Good job. Correct the errors and at the very least, fix the horizontal scroll.
Re: Hey My New Website Look by JJYOU: 11:49am On Oct 24, 2008
the days you do what you like are gone past its sell by date sir. if you want to like what you did what is the use asking people opinion
Re: Hey My New Website Look by jmslimx(m): 2:06pm On Oct 24, 2008
Hey guys thanks , i am jst kinda confuse about "horizontal scroll#. Are you referring 2 my menu?
Re: Hey My New Website Look by DualCore1: 2:26pm On Oct 24, 2008
the scroll bar at the bottom of the page
I'm guessing you can't see it because u're on a very high resolution and u built the site using that resolution.
I'm on 1024x768px  and can see that scroll bar.
Re: Hey My New Website Look by jmslimx(m): 4:18pm On Oct 24, 2008
thanks i get what you mean now, i would make the width sizable to any screen resolution
Re: Hey My New Website Look by yawatide(f): 4:40pm On Oct 24, 2008
lesson of the day:
Unless u r doing something for a client (or even yourself) where you know *for a fact* what is on their computers, *always* code for the lowest common denominator, as dictated by the latest research. Latest research in this case dictates that a majority of surfers have 1024x768 resolution. Then as time goes by and you monitor your web traffic, you can then tweak your site to fit your target audience.

(1) (Reply)

Lets Preview My Site Together / Learn Website Designing Now Before Its Too Late / Cheap Domain

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.