Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,910 members, 7,835,047 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:19 AM

Pls I Need Your Help - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Pls I Need Your Help (915 Views)

Ugwu Farmers In The House Pls I Need Your Help. / Please I Need Your Help On My Poultry / I So Much Need Your Help Please Its Urgent (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pls I Need Your Help by Nobody: 10:19am On Aug 25, 2014
I just finished preparing my snailery in a plot of land but left small space where I can easily get grass to feed them...during clearing I was seeing snails with white shell...I have never seen it before ,I picked up to 156...pls my question is this1-is it good for rearing and consumption
2-what kind of snail is the white snail
3-and what other things do I need to do in the snailery?thanks
Re: Pls I Need Your Help by Nobody: 4:17pm On Aug 25, 2014
Someone should reply me na
Re: Pls I Need Your Help by anienge001: 4:26pm On Aug 25, 2014
Though edible depending on what culture you come from, those snails with while shell are what I may call "snaillets". They never grow to a table size, they remain like that and are mostly in the wild. I won't encourage you to raise those ones as people would not buy it from you.

Above is my personal opinion. Others may have something different.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pls I Need Your Help by Nobody: 8:29pm On Aug 25, 2014
anienge001: Though edible depending on what culture you come from, those snails with while shell are what I may call "snaillets". They never grow to a table size, they remain like that and are mostly in the wild. I won't encourage you to raise those ones as people would not buy it from you.

Above is my personal opinion. Others may have something different.
thanks.. So in other words na to use am do ngwongwo?
Re: Pls I Need Your Help by valmunich(m): 8:04pm On Aug 26, 2014
Where are all the gurus in this agriculture section should say something na..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pls I Need Your Help by Nobody: 9:03pm On Aug 26, 2014
In the part of the world that I come from, we call it koso or mpiolo and its not edible. Better don't waste ur time trying to grow them.
Re: Pls I Need Your Help by Nobody: 1:08pm On Aug 27, 2014
himkers: In the part of the world that I come from, we call it koso or mpiolo and its not edible. Better don't waste ur time trying to grow them.
but I can eat it right?
Re: Pls I Need Your Help by Nobody: 5:25pm On Aug 27, 2014
Mellin: but I can eat it right?

na me go tell you wetin U go chop?? If you get mind, chop am na
Re: Pls I Need Your Help by valmunich(m): 2:02pm On Aug 30, 2014
himkers:

na me go tell you wetin U go chop?? If you get mind, chop am na
nawao

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pls I Need Your Help by TheUnbeatable(m): 7:11pm On Aug 30, 2014
@Op:

In my area here(Ondo state) we call it "ipere". The snail never grows big but its a delicacy if you can take time to prepare it with efo riro(amaranthus vegetable soup), ewedu( celosia vegetable soup) or ila(okro soup).

You will thank God for helping you with the "boneless meat".

Enjoy,

The Unbeatable.
Re: Pls I Need Your Help by Nobody: 9:09pm On Aug 30, 2014
TheUnbeatable: @Op:

In my area here(Ondo state) we call it "ipere". The snail never grows big but its a delicacy if you can take time to prepare it with efo riro(amaranthus vegetable soup), ewedu( celosia vegetable soup) or ila(okro soup).

You will thank God for helping you with the "boneless meat".

Enjoy,

The Unbeatable.
thanks bro
Re: Pls I Need Your Help by akinola1736(m): 12:49pm On May 15, 2016
In Yorubaland that type of snail is used when worshipping idol. Not to be eaten. Forbidden. Sell it to people selling herbs and roots at market. They command higher price. You may contact me for more spiritual details on it. akino1736@gmail.com, +2349056024280.

(1) (Reply)

Rabbit For Pet,rearing Or To Eat / Watermelon Buyers / Where Can I Get Mulching Film

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.