Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,677 members, 7,823,915 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 06:12 PM

Burnley Vs Manchester United (0 - 0) On 30th August 2014 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Burnley Vs Manchester United (0 - 0) On 30th August 2014 (24294 Views)

UEFA Champions League Group Stage Draw On 28th August 2014 / MK Dons Vs Manchester United: Capital One Cup (4 - 0) On 26th August 2014 / Real Madrid Vs Atletico Madrid : Spanish Super Cup (1 - 1) On 19th August 2014 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Burnley Vs Manchester United (0 - 0) On 30th August 2014 by Sirnuel: 2:26pm On Aug 30, 2014
Y is it so hard to get this ball behind the net??
Re: Burnley Vs Manchester United (0 - 0) On 30th August 2014 by luvprince4real(m): 2:26pm On Aug 30, 2014
Where can I watch it online
Re: Burnley Vs Manchester United (0 - 0) On 30th August 2014 by clemzy05: 2:26pm On Aug 30, 2014
i look at Manure fc bench and I shake my head in anguish... like OMASHE OOO....
Re: Burnley Vs Manchester United (0 - 0) On 30th August 2014 by incredibleone: 2:27pm On Aug 30, 2014
Van gaal was sacked by Barcelona after leading them to just 3points above relegation.......Rijkaard won the ucl...........he was sacked by Bayern,Bayern won the treble under the next manager.............hmmmm,u dnt impact tactics in someone,they get it them self......he taught mou,manu fans right??
Re: Burnley Vs Manchester United (0 - 0) On 30th August 2014 by 01emek(m): 2:27pm On Aug 30, 2014
Useless van gal... Na to they carry book like person way get carryover for kanopoly na him you sabi grin grin grin

18 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Burnley Vs Manchester United (0 - 0) On 30th August 2014 by sammycarz(m): 2:27pm On Aug 30, 2014
How can you not score a single goal against Burnley with Rooney, RVP, Mata and Di Maria

1 Like

Re: Burnley Vs Manchester United (0 - 0) On 30th August 2014 by Nobody: 2:28pm On Aug 30, 2014
The problem with Manchester United is very very serious.

My only hope is that Van Gaal is given a chance to fix them.....

Anyway.....this Arsenal fan won't be weeping much at Man U's demise.....
Re: Burnley Vs Manchester United (0 - 0) On 30th August 2014 by seankay(m): 2:29pm On Aug 30, 2014
dabossman:

No by my analysis we would be transiting from defence to attack. I don't know if you ever watched Cafu and Roberto Carlos play for Brazil. They were wing backs. They flew forward in attack and track back quickly when defending. if you have five men in midfield. When your wing backs go forward. Your 3 man-defence and a holding midfielder stay back. Almost like a back four.

Players for the wings? Certainly not attacking midfielders or wingers like Valencia and Young. They are not defensive in nature. You need defenders with an attacking mentality. Maybe Rojo or Daley Blind on the left. On the right is the tricky one. If Rafael wasn't so short I would tip him. His work rate is good. Smalling, Jones, not enough quality even in a 4-4-2.
but the question is can this formation work in the EPL played with so much pace and intensity.Dont also forget most teams attack from the flank so you gon be prone to counter when ur full backs overlap
Re: Burnley Vs Manchester United (0 - 0) On 30th August 2014 by maafen: 2:29pm On Aug 30, 2014
makzeze: Gooooooooaaaaallllllllll!!!!!!

Burnley 1 man u 0
Idiat
That your TV shows negative go out ãпԃ? Pay N50 ãпԃ watch on correct TV
Re: Burnley Vs Manchester United (0 - 0) On 30th August 2014 by bongolistik(m): 2:30pm On Aug 30, 2014
truly ManU is finished
Re: Burnley Vs Manchester United (0 - 0) On 30th August 2014 by TrebleChamp(m): 2:30pm On Aug 30, 2014
Someone should pulisssss tell Van gaal that 3-5-2 formation cannot work in the Premiership. Not with the current horrible defenders we have at least.
Re: Burnley Vs Manchester United (0 - 0) On 30th August 2014 by gemiclem(m): 2:30pm On Aug 30, 2014
clemzy05: i look at Manure fc bench and I shake my head in anguish... like OMASHE OOO....

benches win games
Re: Burnley Vs Manchester United (0 - 0) On 30th August 2014 by Philipmems(m): 2:30pm On Aug 30, 2014
Too early to start fighting your way out of relegation. #MANU
Re: Burnley Vs Manchester United (0 - 0) On 30th August 2014 by mukina2: 2:31pm On Aug 30, 2014
grin grin grin
Re: Burnley Vs Manchester United (0 - 0) On 30th August 2014 by Nobody: 2:31pm On Aug 30, 2014
sammycarz: How can you not score a single goal against Burnley with Rooney, RVP, Mata and Di Maria
Chai!!!! now they will respect Chelsea fc and won't tag Burnley a championship team again....yeye Man u team
Re: Burnley Vs Manchester United (0 - 0) On 30th August 2014 by juwoonn(m): 2:32pm On Aug 30, 2014
Loss van Gal grin and Manure (manchester Dis-united) grin
Re: Burnley Vs Manchester United (0 - 0) On 30th August 2014 by mukina2: 2:32pm On Aug 30, 2014
fredoooooo shey na rooney you captain? grin

hat trick grin
Re: Burnley Vs Manchester United (0 - 0) On 30th August 2014 by Nobody: 2:33pm On Aug 30, 2014
[size=25pt]What Louis needs to get Man U back on track...
[/size]
Tactic #1 – Recognize the Importance of Player Motivation

If you can first recognize the importance of player motivation, it will go a long way in your success.

Every good coach must do two things: they must teach and they must motivate!

Far too few coaches devote the time needed to understand how to motivate. Nor do they spend enough time doing the things necessary to motivate (like getting to know your players and find out what makes them tick).

Motivating players can be the difference between an average season and a state championship. Hard work and motivation will dramatically improve players’ skills and conditioning, improve execution, accelerate learning, and improve everything a team needs to be successful.

Simply by recognizing and thinking about how important this is could be the difference in how hard your players work this season.

Tactic #2 – Do NOT Run at the End of Practice

This might surprise you, but for many coaches this is secretly ruining your practice!!

If you save your conditioning for the very end of practice, many times kids don’t play 100% throughout the body of practice because they know, “I’m gonna run 10, 15, 20 sprints at the end and I need to save myself for that.”

If players know they have to run at the end of practice, they will pace themselves throughout your drills because they know RUNNING is coming. You don’t even realize this is happening. Heck, your players probably don’t even realize that they are pacing themselves.

Instead, you should include conditioning as part of your regular drills and practice. This way they go HARD the entire practice and it just becomes a habit.

Plus, running is not much fun for players and that’s what they’ll be talking about in the locker room. They’ll be moaning and groaning about Coach making them run – or if it’s a youth team, they’re getting in the car with Mom and Dad talking negatively about practice.

You want your players to be excited about soccer and feel good about it. That’s why it’s so important to end on a positive note!

Now that I’ve had the opportunity to talk with countless successful coaches all over the country, I have discovered that almost all of them include conditioning as part of their regular drills. They run fast paced drills that both condition and improve skill at the same time. Not only does this save time and make your practice more efficient, but it improves motivation too. Players don’t even know you’re conditioning them.

Tactic #3 – Be a Teacher

This is perhaps the most important and most powerful concept for you to embrace.

Coaching is teaching. What is the priority and overriding concern of a teacher? It’s the progress of the student, not wins and losses.

This is a simple and profound concept that you need to embrace. When the coach treats the player as a student, players and the team show tremendous improvement.

The harsh reality is that players do in games exactly what they do in practice. Don’t fool yourself. A remarkable pre-game speech isn’t going to suddenly light a fire that lasts the entire game. This is not the answer.

The easiest way to motivate players is easy. Teach them. Players will respond if you teach them. And when they notice that they have improved, this will yield even more motivation.

The lesson here is simple: Treat your players like students. Teach them. Help them improve. Make sure they see that they are improving. Don’t let improvement slow down. Make sure they are always improving and see the results. If you get stuck, seek help from an experienced mentor. Embracing this simple technique alone can make you more successful than you ever thought possible.

Tactic #4 – Explain the Reason Why

A good teacher (and sales person for that matter) explains the “reason why”. Many times coaches need to put their sales hat on (in addition to teaching) because you need to make sure players believe.

Quite often players don’t understand why they are doing a certain drill, and frankly they lose motivation. They don’t truly believe the drill is helping them.

This is why you need to explain the “reason why” the fundamentals and drills you run are important. Don’t assume the players know, because I promise that they don’t.

Explaining the “reason why” is a proven psychological trigger that causes people to take a desired action. At a psychological level, humans by nature want to know the reason why they are doing something.

Let’s take one-on-one defending as an example…

If your players don’t understand the reason you want them to “contain” a player without “throwing their leg”, then they will NOT give 100%!

If you want them to give 100%, you need to teach the reason why you’re doing something.

Teach them why you’re quicker if you are in an athletic stance with the knees slightly bent.

Teach them why you’re supposed to let the offensive player make the first move.

Teach them why it’s ok to let an offensive player move from side-to-side and backwards but not forwards.

The more your players understand the science behind defending, the more they will buy into it and perform!

This concept works. Don’t slow you’re practice to a halt. But work the explanations into certain places where players might not appreciate what you’re doing. Give it a try.

Tactic #5 – Show Improvement and Growth the Entire Season

As briefly mentioned earlier, perhaps the best motivation of all is when athletes can see and feel that they are constantly improving. The beginning of the season is always very productive because it’s new, fresh, and players feel like they are quickly getting better.

But as the season goes on, many times things can get stale and players feel that they are no longer improving. This makes it really tough for them to keep working hard.

Kids are motivated by progress and by growing; so offering constant feedback on their effort and performance is very important. Especially for the kids that don’t play very much.

Make sure that your practices evolve as the season progresses. In other words, continue to refine your drills and routines so that there is an element of challenge and growth present at all times.

Be confident. Study the fundamentals and be confident when teaching the fundamentals. If a coach can’t teach (details) how will they instill confidence for the players to trust in the coach? And, without the players’ confidence, how can a coach even begin to motivate?

To show your players improvement and growth, you must be organized. A disorganized and unbalanced training session can de-motivate players from giving their best. Plan well ahead and cater for the individual group’s and team’s needs. Remember variety is the spice of life! Training should be both mentally and physically stimulating.

For players who are often substitutes, keeping them motivated is difficult. For example, try to have a weekly game in which the head coach works solely with the substitutes and an assistant coach works with the first-team but don’t at any time put distance between the players.

Each individual should feel that he or she has been successful at some point in the practice. Not necessarily the best, the quickest, the winner – but maybe the one who was first to training, or remembered to bring a piece of equipment they were asked to provide. There are so many ways. Use your imagination!

As the season goes on, remind them of how much they improved. Remind them of how they were shooting a month ago. Remind them of how much their ballhandling has improved since the beginning of the season. Remind them of how much their rebounding and defense has blown up since the first game.

Are you beginning to see how so many of the tactics are closely related? Here’s yet another closely related tactic…

Tactic #6 – Celebrate Small Successes — Both Team and Individual

Instead of worrying about winning, put players in a position where they can experience other successes…

For example, if you work on shooting form, you can chart their progress and show their improvement in shooting percentage during practice. Celebrate these small successes!

Maybe you can also measure things like turnovers, rebounds, and celebrate improving in those areas. Show them how they are improving!

Kids want to be successful and have fun. But unfortunately not everyone can win. That’s why it’s very important for you to find other ways for players to succeed.

Here are just a few ideas:

Celebrate finishing a tough drill
Celebrate meeting a goal
Celebrate accurate shots on goal
Celebrate when they learn a new skill
Celebrate when the team strings together numerous passes.
Celebrate when they learn an offensive set-piece
Celebrate when the team or a player breaks a tough habit
Celebrate when a player demonstrates supreme teamwork
Celebrate when a player legally slide tackles an opponent.

Don’t let a losing season bring you or your team down. I know it can be hard. But just because you lost every game doesn’t mean it was NOT a success!

If your players improved, had some fun, and learned life lessons, then it was most certainly a success! Celebrate those successes.

That’s what teaching and soccer is all about.

Tactic #7 – Relentlessly Reward Hard Work and Offer Positive Reinforcement

Coaches get what they reward. It’s simple, really. That’s why you should relentlessly reward your desired result (hard work and effort!).

This is a very important topic to understand. It is often misunderstood.

What is positive reinforcement?

Source right here..

wink

3 Likes

Re: Burnley Vs Manchester United (0 - 0) On 30th August 2014 by sammycarz(m): 2:33pm On Aug 30, 2014
Big mistake making Rooney captain, can't be taken off even if he's having a terrible game.
Re: Burnley Vs Manchester United (0 - 0) On 30th August 2014 by TrebleChamp(m): 2:33pm On Aug 30, 2014
I no wan even imagine wetin teams like Chelsea or Mancity go do us with the way we are playing. God help us dis season!!
Re: Burnley Vs Manchester United (0 - 0) On 30th August 2014 by AlfaSeltzer(m): 2:34pm On Aug 30, 2014
united already fighting relegation battle.
hahahahaha
Re: Burnley Vs Manchester United (0 - 0) On 30th August 2014 by juwoonn(m): 2:34pm On Aug 30, 2014
mukina2: grin grin grin
Mumu

Oh sorry bro. I no know say na u grin
Re: Burnley Vs Manchester United (0 - 0) On 30th August 2014 by tigonana: 2:34pm On Aug 30, 2014
Chaii see me see trouble man poo don pour sand for my garri again,wen I go gve. Myself brain not to dey carry dis useless team for win again,chaii mogbe ticket don spoil again.by d grace of God dis season una go relegate ni!!!!.
Re: Burnley Vs Manchester United (0 - 0) On 30th August 2014 by Nobody: 2:34pm On Aug 30, 2014
TrebleChamp: Someone should pulisssss tell Van gaal that 3-5-2 formation cannot work in the Premiership. Not with the current horrible defenders we have at least.
But they haven't scored against you na, It's ur attack full of high earners that's just useless sad
what a pity.

1 Like

Re: Burnley Vs Manchester United (0 - 0) On 30th August 2014 by makzeze: 2:34pm On Aug 30, 2014
maafen:
Idiat
That your TV shows negative go out ãпԃ? Pay N50 ãпԃ watch on correct TV
No vex. Man U no go reach anywhere this season
Re: Burnley Vs Manchester United (0 - 0) On 30th August 2014 by kunlesehan(m): 2:34pm On Aug 30, 2014
01emek: Useless van gal... Na to they carry book like person way get carryover for kanopoly na him you sabi grin grin grin
Wicked!
Re: Burnley Vs Manchester United (0 - 0) On 30th August 2014 by Godwin978(m): 2:35pm On Aug 30, 2014
[quote author=Ezechinwa][/quote] wey you,delete my name from there ooooo if you dont want troble with me
Re: Burnley Vs Manchester United (0 - 0) On 30th August 2014 by katerine7(f): 2:35pm On Aug 30, 2014
Chelsea beat burnley dem say burnley na small team,oya na make ena kan beat d so kald small team,dat one kan be problem
Re: Burnley Vs Manchester United (0 - 0) On 30th August 2014 by fredoooooo: 2:35pm On Aug 30, 2014
Funkymallam: Who has done this to Manure?

I suspect Moyes is behind this grin grin grin

Fredddooo and Mukina2. I greeted o

The only mallam wey fit destroy arsenal with his mortar grin grin, how far bros ?
bros how politics money o , your guy fit handle some contracts too o grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Burnley Vs Manchester United (0 - 0) On 30th August 2014 by Nobody: 2:35pm On Aug 30, 2014
jmoore: If Man utd no win this one ehhh, then na relegation go fit them wella.
grin
jmoore: If Man utd no win this one ehhh, then na relegation go fit them wella.
Re: Burnley Vs Manchester United (0 - 0) On 30th August 2014 by Philipmems(m): 2:35pm On Aug 30, 2014
In Rooney we believe #MANU

Re: Burnley Vs Manchester United (0 - 0) On 30th August 2014 by clemzy05: 2:35pm On Aug 30, 2014
for your mind... not your manunited bench... it's just shit
gemiclem:

benches win games

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (16) (Reply)

PSG Vs Arsenal : UCL (1 - 1) On 13th September 2016 / Liverpool Vs Arsenal (2 - 2) On 21s December 2014 / Tottenham Hotspur Vs Manchester United (2 - 1) On 14th May 2017

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.