Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,269 members, 7,826,031 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 08:49 AM

Honour Spiritual Authority - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Honour Spiritual Authority (954 Views)

Christians: Pls Diffrentiate Between Spiritual Power And Spiritual Authority / Have Reverence For Spiritual Authority / The Name Of Jesus Christ Carries Power, Authority And Distinction (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Honour Spiritual Authority by Gombs(m): 12:46pm On Aug 25, 2014
Likewise also these filthy dreamers defile the flesh, despise dominion, and speak evil of dignities. Yet Michael the archangel, when contending with the devil he disputed about the body of Moses, durst not bring against him a railing accusation, but said, The Lord rebuke thee. But these speak evil of those things which they know not: but what they know naturally, as brute beasts, in those things they corrupt themselves (Jude 1:8-10) .

There’s a remarkable lesson for us to learn from the attitude of Michael the archangel, when he disputed with Satan over the body of Moses. Michael, with all his power and glory, couldn’t dare bring an accusation against Satan, an evil personality. This was because he recognized that Satan had Adamic authority, which is higher than angelic authority. Adam lost his authority to Satan when he ate of the fruit God had instructed him not to.

As a result, Michael could only rebuke Satan in the Name of the Lord, a higher authority. This is very instructive on how we’re to relate to spiritual authority as God’s children. You should never criticize, dishonor or speak against those whom the Lord has placed in positions of authority. That’s the way I’ve lived; I don't say things against God’s people, especially ministers of the Gospel, because they carry the authority of God.

1 Thessalonians 5:12 says, “And we beseech you, brethren, to know them which labour among you, and are over you in the Lord, and admonish you.” Some people in the church have authority over you in the Lord, and they must be honoured as such.

Sadly, there’re some in the Church who believe they’re smarter than their pastors, and are always wanting to “advise” or instruct them on how to run the affairs of the church. This is wrong. You must remain submitted to spiritual authority in order to walk in the power of the Spirit, and fulfill the call of God on your life.

1 Like

Re: Honour Spiritual Authority by Candour(m): 1:31pm On Aug 25, 2014
Gombs: Likewise also these filthy dreamers defile the flesh, despise dominion, and speak evil of dignities. Yet Michael the archangel, when contending with the devil he disputed about the body of Moses, durst not bring against him a railing accusation, but said, The Lord rebuke thee. But these speak evil of those things which they know not: but what they know naturally, as brute beasts, in those things they corrupt themselves (Jude 1:8-10) .

There’s a remarkable lesson for us to learn from the attitude of Michael the archangel, when he disputed with Satan over the body of Moses. Michael, with all his power and glory, couldn’t dare bring an accusation against Satan, an evil personality. This was because he recognized that Satan had Adamic authority, which is higher than angelic authority. Adam lost his authority to Satan when he ate of the fruit God had instructed him not to.

As a result, Michael could only rebuke Satan in the Name of the Lord, a higher authority. This is very instructive on how we’re to relate to spiritual authority as God’s children. You should never criticize, dishonor or speak against those whom the Lord has placed in positions of authority. That’s the way I’ve lived; I don't say things against God’s people, especially ministers of the Gospel, because they carry the authority of God.

1 Thessalonians 5:12 says, “And we beseech you, brethren, to know them which labour among you, and are over you in the Lord, and admonish you.” Some people in the church have authority over you in the Lord, and they must be honoured as such.

Sadly, there’re some in the Church who believe they’re smarter than their pastors, and are always wanting to “advise” or instruct them on how to run the affairs of the church. This is wrong. You must remain submitted to spiritual authority in order to walk in the power of the Spirit, and fulfill the call of God on your life.

You've spoken well bro. However I wish to know

1. Can we accuse, abuse and insult Satan today? If no, are we sinning when we sing songs like "Satan don fall for gutter o, march am march am"? What about our pastors who always insult, disparage and abuse Satan anytime they wish to demonstrate to us how really small, insignificant, stu.pid, for.lish, criminal, crooked and plainly slowpoke.ic Satan really is? Are they threading on dangerous ground?

2. Is my pastor still covered by this immunity when he's a replica of Rev King, Rev Jim Jones, pastors at the movement for restoration of the ten commandments (uganda) or Rev Moon (south Korea)?

I'm not happy sometimes to tell it as it is concerning pastors but how would I feel if I could have warned Ann (the girl Rev King killed) and the world about him but chose to keep quiet? How would I feel if I could have warned the 900+ should that perished at Guyana due to Rev Jim Jones paranoia simply because I don't want to insult dignities? How would I feel if I could have stopped the pastors at Movement for the restoration of the ten commandments before they bombed and shot almost a 1000 church members to death, yet I didn't because I don't want to bring ridicule to the name of God?

I wish the atrocities in the name of Christ will just go away, but Gombs, in all honesty how do you think Christians can prevent the next demon from climbing a pulpit?

Do you advice I just look away?
Re: Honour Spiritual Authority by Gombs(m): 3:48pm On Aug 25, 2014
Candour:

You've spoken well bro. However I wish to know

1. Can we accuse, abuse and insult Satan today? If no, are we sinning when we sing songs like "Satan don fall for gutter o, march am march am"?

No, we should not for we are children of love, even though Satan has no ability to love. As for that song, it is baseless and unscriptural, and mostly sang by folks with lesser revelation knowledge, there is a level u get to, and u discover the devil is not a factor. Stop singing the song, it does not edify u sef!

What about our pastors who always insult, disparage and abuse Satan anytime they wish to demonstrate to us how really small, insignificant, stu.pid, for.lish, criminal, crooked and plainly slowpoke.ic Satan really is? Are they threading on dangerous ground?

As much as Jesus collected back the adamic authorithy and put Satan under our feet, it is however not a occasion to thread insults on the devil, Jesus never did so esp when He was tempted, if we are christians, we must emulate Christ.

2. Is my pastor still covered by this immunity when he's a replica of Rev King, Rev Jim Jones, pastors at the movement for restoration of the ten commandments (uganda) or Rev Moon (south Korea)?

I'm sorry sir, i missed you there, what immunity? do they insult the devil? if they do, and your pastor does too, well, they probably were in ignorance as they may have thought it right, but now you know, you can tell others better, or mail your pastor!

I'm not happy sometimes to tell it as it is concerning pastors but how would I feel if I could have warned Ann (the girl Rev King killed) and the world about him but chose to keep quiet?

bro, man is a spirit, you CANNOT change man by the physical, he might change, but for a while due to mostly circumstance. That's why we intercede for the body of Christ, that's why we pray for the ministers of the gospel, that's why we decree that folks around the world are nourished by the Spirit in their shepherd.

coming to NL or social media to lamblast a pastor and his church does not in any way change what is happening in the church nor what the pastor does, does it?

How would I feel if I could have warned the 900+ should that perished at Guyana due to Rev Jim Jones paranoia simply because I don't want to insult dignities?

how many times did you read in the bible where Jesus or Paul instructed the brethren to speak against a select group? Jesus istead told folks to obey their leaders but not to act as they did for they sat in the seat of Moses! you think Jesus didnt know em leaders then were misleading a select group? Did Jesus start a crusade against em leaders?

How would I feel if I could have stopped the pastors at Movement for the restoration of the ten commandments before they bombed and shot almost a 1000 church members to death, yet I didn't because I don't want to bring ridicule to the name of God?

i see you want to give yourself a ministry..like kunle said his ministry is to fight tithing? but the big question is, what would your voicee have done from Nigeria? You see why is said we ought to pray? to effect changes we desire irrespective of distance and time?

I wish the atrocities in the name of Christ will just go away, but Gombs, in all honesty how do you think Christians can prevent the next demon from climbing a pulpit?
Simple, Prayer

i beseech you to pray for ministers of the gospel, however they run it, just pray for them. We can adopt and use the language of the Apostle as our own, "Now I beseech you, brethren, for the Lord Jesus Christ's sake, and for the love of the Spirit — that you strive together with me in your prayers to God for me." Romans 15:30. "Pray also for me, that whenever I open my mouth, words may be given me so that I will fearlessly make known the mystery of the gospel, for which I am an ambassador in chains. Pray that I may declare it fearlessly, as I should." Ephesians 6:19-20

"And pray for us, too, that God may open a door for our message, so that we may proclaim the mystery of Christ, for which I am in chains. Pray [/b]that I may proclaim it clearly, as I should." Colossians 4:3-4. "Brethren,[b] pray for us." Thessalonians 5:25. "Finally, brethren, pray for us, that the Word of the Lord may have free course and be glorified, even as it is with you." 2 Thessalonians 3:1. "Pray for us. We are sure that we have a clear conscience and desire to live honorably in every way." Hebrews 13:18.

If Paul with all his gifts, graces, and success, thus prized and requested the prayers of the Lord's people for himself, then how much more may ministers of the gospel today; and with how much greater earnestness and importunity would we cry, Brethren, pray, pray, pray, for Pastors and church leaders!!

Do you advice I just look away?[/quote]

no, get on your kneels! this is a sample prayer for pastors and church leaders

“Father, in the Name of Jesus, I pray and confess that the Spirit of the Lord rests upon ________ with the spirit of wisdom and understanding, the spirit of knowledge, and the fear of the Lord. I pray that as Your Spirit rests upon ________, it will make him/her of quick understanding because You, Lord, have anointed and qualified him/her to preach the gospel to the meek, the poor, the wealthy and the afflicted. You have sent ________ to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the physical and spiritual captives, and to open the prisons and the eyes of those who are bound. All people shall declare that ________ is a minister of the Lord because of the Word which he/she speaks in power and demonstration of the Holy Spirit.

“I pray and believe that no weapon formed against ________ shall prosper and that every tongue that rises against him/her in judgment shall be shown to be in the wrong. I pray that You prosper ________ spiritually, mentally, physically, financially and socially and in all abundance. I confess that ________ holds fast and follows the pattern of wholesome and sound teaching in all faith and love which is for us in Christ Jesus, and that ________guards and keeps with the greatest care the precious truth which has been entrusted to him/her by the Holy Spirit who makes His home in _______. Lord, I believe and say that you grant unto ________ that with freedom of utterance he/she will open his/her mouth boldly and courageously as he/she ought to do to proclaim the gospel to the people. I hereby confess that I stand behind ________ and undergird him/her in prayer. I will say only that good thing that will edify _______. I will continue to intercede for him/her and speak and pray blessings upon him/her in the Name of Jesus.”

http://www.kcm.org/real-help/prayer/prayer-those-who-spread-gospel
Re: Honour Spiritual Authority by Candour(m): 4:46pm On Aug 25, 2014
Gombs:

No, we should not for we are children of love, even though Satan has no ability to love. As for that song, it is baseless and unscriptural, and mostly sang by folks with lesser revelation knowledge, there is a level u get to, and u discover the devil is not a factor. Stop singing the song, it does not edify u sef!

@the bolded, that is my belief too.

As much as Jesus collected back the adamic authorithy and put Satan under our feet, it is however not a occasion to thread insults on the devil, Jesus never did so esp when He was tempted, if we are christians, we must emulate Christ.

Actually youre right. Jesus didnt insult him, he only called him a thief, a robber, a destroyer and the father of lies which are exactly what he was. Would I be wrong if I emulate Jesus in that manner?

I'm sorry sir, i missed you there, what immunity? do they insult the devil? if they do, and your pastor does too, well, they probably were in ignorance as they may have thought it right, but now you know, you can tell others better, or mail your pastor!

I mean if my pastor becomes like the devil and becomes a thief, a robber, a destroyer and a liar, would I be wrong if I emulate Jesus's description of the devil and call him that?

bro, man is a spirit, you CANNOT change man by the physical, he might change, but for a while due to mostly circumstance. That's why we intercede for the body of Christ, that's why we pray for the ministers of the gospel, that's why we decree that folks around the world are nourished by the Spirit in their shepherd.

coming to NL or social media to lamblast a pastor and his church does not in any way change what is happening in the church nor what the pastor does, does it?

Did you know rev King never brooked opposition or dissent to the extent that he flogs his members with cane sometimes? Don't you think a platform like NL could have opened people's eyes to it faster?

Now that he has been caught and jailed, what difference would it have made to Christ if he had been exposed earlier? (Even Ann could have been saved thereby)

how many times did you read in the bible where Jesus or Paul instructed the brethren to speak against a select group? Jesus istead told folks to obey their leaders but not to act as they did for they sat in the seat of Moses! you think Jesus didnt know em leaders then were misleading a select group? Did Jesus start a crusade against em leaders?

People like Rev Jim Jones were still being manufactured in the furnace of hell. Jesus and the apostles didn't experience them physically. If he did, he would have sanctioned every legal method to stop them before they destroy souls.

i see you want to give yourself a ministry..like kunle said his ministry is to fight tithing? but the big question is, what would your voicee have done from Nigeria? You see why is said we ought to pray? to effect changes we desire irrespective of distance and time?

I'm the one talking to you, pks leave Kunle out.

A lone voice might not do much but it takes just a spark to set a bush on fire. It irks me personally that I have to speak out sometimes but there's nothing in the bible that stops a Christian from speaking out against spiritual tyrants and frauds.

Martin Luther who was used by God to make me and you have access to the bible today did worse to the RCC leadership. I think we should learn to temper it but looking away isn't the right thing to do

Simple, Prayer

i beseech you to pray for ministers of the gospel, however they run it, just pray for them. We can adopt and use the language of the Apostle as our own, "Now I beseech you, brethren, for the Lord Jesus Christ's sake, and for the love of the Spirit — that you strive together with me in your prayers to God for me." Romans 15:30. "Pray also for me, that whenever I open my mouth, words may be given me so that I will fearlessly make known the mystery of the gospel, for which I am an ambassador in chains. Pray that I may declare it fearlessly, as I should." Ephesians 6:19-20

"And pray for us, too, that God may open a door for our message, so that we may proclaim the mystery of Christ, for which I am in chains. Pray [/b]that I may proclaim it clearly, as I should." Colossians 4:3-4. "Brethren,[b] pray for us." Thessalonians 5:25. "Finally, brethren, pray for us, that the Word of the Lord may have free course and be glorified, even as it is with you." 2 Thessalonians 3:1. "Pray for us. We are sure that we have a clear conscience and desire to live honorably in every way." Hebrews 13:18.

If Paul with all his gifts, graces, and success, thus prized and requested the prayers of the Lord's people for himself, then how much more may ministers of the gospel today; and with how much greater earnestness and importunity would we cry, Brethren, pray, pray, pray, for Pastors and church leaders!!

Do you advice I just look away?

no, get on your kneels! this is a sample prayer for pastors and church leaders

“Father, in the Name of Jesus, I pray and confess that the Spirit of the Lord rests upon ________ with the spirit of wisdom and understanding, the spirit of knowledge, and the fear of the Lord. I pray that as Your Spirit rests upon ________, it will make him/her of quick understanding because You, Lord, have anointed and qualified him/her to preach the gospel to the meek, the poor, the wealthy and the afflicted. You have sent ________ to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the physical and spiritual captives, and to open the prisons and the eyes of those who are bound. All people shall declare that ________ is a minister of the Lord because of the Word which he/she speaks in power and demonstration of the Holy Spirit.

“I pray and believe that no weapon formed against ________ shall prosper and that every tongue that rises against him/her in judgment shall be shown to be in the wrong. I pray that You prosper ________ spiritually, mentally, physically, financially and socially and in all abundance. I confess that ________ holds fast and follows the pattern of wholesome and sound teaching in all faith and love which is for us in Christ Jesus, and that ________guards and keeps with the greatest care the precious truth which has been entrusted to him/her by the Holy Spirit who makes His home in _______. Lord, I believe and say that you grant unto ________ that with freedom of utterance he/she will open his/her mouth boldly and courageously as he/she ought to do to proclaim the gospel to the people. I hereby confess that I stand behind ________ and undergird him/her in prayer. I will say only that good thing that will edify _______. I will continue to intercede for him/her and speak and pray blessings upon him/her in the Name of Jesus.”

http://www.kcm.org/real-help/prayer/prayer-those-who-spread-gospel

You're right we need to pray more but that will be for those who are sincerely mistaken. Some are devils who have been sent to get plenty candidates to hell.

May God lead us aright.

Cheers
Re: Honour Spiritual Authority by Gombs(m): 5:45pm On Aug 25, 2014
[quote author=Candour]

@the bolded, that is my belief too. [/quote ]

smiley

Actually youre right. Jesus didnt insult him, he only called him a thief, a robber, a destroyer and the father of lies which are exactly what he was. Would I be wrong if I emulate Jesus in that manner?

Jesus made an illustration of what a thief does, and what he came to do.... now, how does that amount to him calling the devil names? And father of lies, yeah, Just as God is the father of light, these are qualities both exhibit. Remember Satan lied in the beginning of time! He actually started lies. So, yeah, u can call the devil what the Bible depicts of him.

I mean if my pastor becomes like the devil and becomes a thief, a robber, a destroyer and a liar, would I be wrong if I emulate Jesus's description of the devil and call him that?

Hahahahahah, Candour, if u found ur pastor in a bar with ladies, you are in no place to call him names nor judge him, for he is not under ur authority, and as in the op, they carry the authority of God. Remember David refused killing Saul even when Saul was totally way off, why? Because David knew better, he said how can he touch the Lord's anointed. Another time he killed some folks who laid hands on God's anointed.

Did you know rev King never brooked opposition or dissent to the extent that he flogs his members with cane sometimes? Don't you think a platform like NL could have opened people's eyes to it faster?

Whose eye? How large was his congregation? Now, assuming 1 of his members were here, and did change, what happens to the other 10, 000 plus non members who you've succeeded in dowsing their faith in the church just because u r 'trying' to save others!? The insults the body of Christ would receive because u tried to save others, a ministry u took upon urself?

Now that he has been caught and jailed, what difference would it have made to Christ if he had been exposed earlier? (Even Ann could have been saved thereby)

What if you prayed before now? You knw what difference we could have made if just 2 Christians pray earnestly for pastor's they know are in err? Pastors like Rev King! But folks, Christians were the ones on NL nailing him. You inclusive! You know how many folks may have given up oj the faith because of the 'speaking up'?

https://www.nairaland.com/1413724/touch-not-anointed#17704916

People like Rev Jim Jones were still being manufactured in the furnace of hell. Jesus and the apostles didn't experience them physically. If he did, he would have sanctioned every legal method to stop them before they destroy souls.

So Jesus never knew they would spring up? And hence he did not sanction every legal method to stop them before they destroy souls?

I'm the one talking to you, pks leave Kunle out.

K sir!

A lone voice might not do much but it takes just a spark to set a bush on fire. It irks me personally that I have to speak out sometimes but there's nothing in the bible that stops a Christian from speaking out against spiritual tyrants and frauds.

Korah spoke out, he accused Moses of tyranny, u knew how he ended!
Remember Saul and David? Why didn't the latter speak out?

Than speak out online and offline, why not speak out In your closet, on your knees? Which seems more effective? Speaking out online looks so?

Martin Luther who was used by God to make me and you have access to the bible today did worse to the RCC leadership. I think we should learn to temper it but looking away isn't the right thing to do

Hahahahahah, Martin Luther was nothing like what NLders do here

You're right we need to pray more but that will be for those who are sincerely mistaken. Some are devils who have been sent to get plenty candidates to hell.

May God lead us aright.

Cheers
Re: Honour Spiritual Authority by Candour(m): 6:55pm On Aug 25, 2014
Gombs:

Jesus made an illustration of what a thief does, and what he came to do.... now, how does that amount to him calling the devil names? And father of lies, yeah, Just as God is the father of light, these are qualities both exhibit. Remember Satan lied in the beginning of time! He actually started lies. So, yeah, u can call the devil what the Bible depicts of him.

OK so I'm allowed to use liar on Satan when illustrating abi?

Good.

Korah spoke out, he accused Moses of tyranny, u knew how he ended!
Remember Saul and David? Why didn't the latter speak out?

Than speak out online and offline, why not speak out In your closet, on your knees? Which seems more effective? Speaking out online looks so?

Gombs, you of all people should know the difference between law and grace. There's a difference in the relationship between spiritual leaders of Isreal and the nation from that existing in the body of Christ.

Do you have any example of the korah incident under grace? Or you think as upright ad Paul was, he wasn't insulted?

Hahahahahah, Candour, if u found ur pastor in a bar with ladies, you are in no place to call him names nor judge him, for he is not under ur authority, and as in the op, they carry the authority of God. Remember David refused killing Saul even when Saul was totally way off, why? Because David knew better, he said how can he touch the Lord's anointed. Another time he killed some folks who laid hands on God's anointed.

To be serious, I won't say anything though I'll let him know I saw him. Where he'll not find it funny is if he's a serial carrier of members of the choir and pastoral care unit. He'll know we are equally priests to God and equal joint heirs with Christ.

Whose eye? How large was his congregation? Now, assuming 1 of his members were here, and did change, what happens to the other 10, 000 plus non members who you've succeeded in dowsing their faith in the church just because u r 'trying' to save others!? The insults the body of Christ would receive because u tried to save others, a ministry u took upon urself?

On this particular rev king issue, the police already did the work the church was meant to do and the consequences on our christian witness is worse as our hypocricy and penchant for cover up was displayed for the world to see. Will CAN and PFN say they had no inkling?

What if you prayed before now? You knw what difference we could have made if just 2 Christians pray earnestly for pastor's they know are in err? Pastors like Rev King! But folks, Christians were the ones on NL nailing him. You inclusive! You know how many folks may have given up oj the faith because of the 'speaking up'?

https://www.nairaland.com/1413724/touch-not-anointed#17704916

Rev king isn't a pastor my friend. He's a deluded devil incarnate and hardened criminal and murderer. Did you hear of him being remorseful?

Sorry abeg. I couldn't hold it.

So Jesus never knew they would spring up? And hence he did not sanction every legal method to stop them before they destroy souls?

Don't mind me. That was tongue in cheek. You know Christ didn't also warn us of cigarette smoking? I'm sure if they had invented it in his time on earth, he'd have given us his opinion. So also I doubt people like rev Jim Jones were visible when Christ walked the earth.

Hahahahahah, Martin Luther was nothing like what NLders do here

Hmm see Gombs!! Martin Luther did worse. Let me give u snippets

the Church of Rome, formerly the most holy of all Churches, has become the most lawless den of thieves, the most shameless of all brothels, the very kingdom of sin, death, and hell; so that not even antichrist, if he were to come, could devise any addition to its wickedness.

The Pope is a mere tormentor of conscience. The assembly of his greased and religious crew in praying was altogether like the croaking of frogs, which edified nothing at all.

Great thieves go Scott-free, as the Pope and his crew.

Since then your sere Majesty and your Lordships seek a simple answer, I will give it in this manner, neither horned nor toothed. Unless I am convinced by the testimony of the Scriptures or by clear reason (for I do not trust either in the pope or in councils alone, since it is well known that they have often erred and contradicted themselves), I am bound by the Scriptures I have quoted and my conscience is captive to the Word of God. I cannot and I will not recant anything, since it is neither safe nor right to go against conscience. May God help me. Amen."

(Reply to the Diet of Worms, April 18, 1521)

Yet God didn't strike him dead. In fact after Paul, he's arguably the greatest influence on Christianity.

Sometimes even if you don't want to talk, the sheer scale of the evil and wickedness will not let you be.

Anyway, its no excuse to indulge like its fun. Pray God to help us be more even tempered about everything.

Cheers
Re: Honour Spiritual Authority by Gombs(m): 7:12pm On Aug 25, 2014
^^
Aii bro smiley
Re: Honour Spiritual Authority by Joagbaje(m): 12:11am On Aug 26, 2014
Nice thread Gombs. Hope to have time to contribute

1 Like

Re: Honour Spiritual Authority by alexleo(m): 9:44am On Aug 26, 2014
Gombs: Likewise also these filthy dreamers defile the flesh, despise dominion, and speak evil of dignities. Yet Michael the archangel, when contending with the devil he disputed about the body of Moses, durst not bring against him a railing accusation, but said, The Lord rebuke thee. But these speak evil of those things which they know not: but what they know naturally, as brute beasts, in those things they corrupt themselves (Jude 1:8-10) .

Bro, the major problem in Christianity is that people worship pastors and this is totally wrong. Yea i do not support insult against pastors or anybody.

Jesus never told us to insult anybody rather he taught us to love so lets not make it look as if pastors are the only ones that shouldnt be insulted. What it means is that pastors should not insult members and members should not insult pastors. It is a general thing.

What should exist between us all as brethren is love that is the new commandment that Christ gave us before he left this world. And it is in the spirit of love that we are advised how to restore any man among the brethren who is at fault ( including pastors)

Galatians 6:1.

6 Brethren, if a man be overtaken in a fault, ye which are spiritual, restore such an one in the spirit of meekness; considering thyself, lest thou also be tempted.

2 Bear ye one another's burdens, and so fulfil the law of Christ.

The above is an admonition given to brethren so that we all can bear one another burden. There is no exception made here concerning restoring the erring brethren/man.

We should be careful with the over-bloated reverence we give to pastors in our present day Christianity. It doesnt help them at all rather it instills pride in them and make them feel incorrigible. This is highly dangerous for them. They are still human like any of us. Lets not forget that GOD IS NO RESPECTER OF PERSONS.

We never saw the disciples of Jesus trembling before Jesus all the time the way people do to their pastors these days. They had a very friendly and normal relationship with him and they questioned whatever he said or taught or did which they did not understand. And each time they questioned him Christ took time to explain issues. It got to a point that Jesus had to call them his friends.

Even the apostles in their ministries avoided being worshiped or given over bloated reverence. Lets take this case study in Acts 14:11-16

11 Now when the people saw what Paul had done, they raised their voices, saying in the Lycaonian language, “The gods have come down to us in the likeness of men!” 12 And Barnabas they called Zeus, and Paul, Hermes, because he was the chief speaker. 13 Then the priest of Zeus, whose temple was in front of their city, brought oxen and garlands to the gates, intending to sacrifice with the multitudes.

14 But when the apostles Barnabas and Paul heard this, they tore their clothes and ran in among the multitude, crying out 15 and saying, “Men, why are you doing these things? We also are men with the same nature as you, and preach to you that you should turn from these useless things to the living God, who made the heaven, the earth, the sea, and all things that are in them,

But in our days we see some pastors enjoy being over reverenced and worshiped like God. Thats why you see them creating big/intimidating titles for themselves.

Bro, speaking against the erring practices of our pastors have two sides. One side of it could be an insult depending on the mindset of the person who is speaking and the language he is using and that is the one that i dont support. But the other side of it is a call to duty as instructed us in Galatians 6;1 that i quoted up there. In this case its not about the pastor but about restoring our brethren who are being deceived by this wrong acts of the pastor. Remember, most brethren see anything that pastor did as the right thing so we still have a duty as commanded by the scripture to restore them by speaking out(in meekness though). Not just prayer. Its not all about the pastor here sir. Its more about the deceived brethren. Pastor is just one man so he can continue with whatever if he chooses but i have a duty to restore my fellow brethren.

2 Likes

Re: Honour Spiritual Authority by flourishG(m): 1:26pm On Aug 26, 2014
when one verse of bible is twisted u will need twist another one to support the twisted one.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

ON THE QUESTION: WHO IS GOD? / A Self Acclaimed Prophet! / Is There Any Reason To Celebrate Valentine After This?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 108
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.