Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,871 members, 7,841,272 topics. Date: Monday, 27 May 2024 at 05:40 AM

480 Nigerian Soldiers Flee To Cameroon - Politics (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 480 Nigerian Soldiers Flee To Cameroon (55448 Views)

Top ISIS Member Arrested While Attempting To Flee To Nigeria / Massive Tension In Mubi: Soldiers Flee As Boko Haram Invades / Gwoza Town Fall To Boko Haram As Soldiers Flee (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 480 Nigerian Soldiers Flee To Cameroon by 9japatroit(m): 10:34pm On Aug 25, 2014
what a stupid story!.
Re: 480 Nigerian Soldiers Flee To Cameroon by ak47mann(m): 10:38pm On Aug 25, 2014
Is that how they will destroy Biafra hahahahaha GEJ better call britian russia and america to help those ill equip nigerian soldiers abi "boys scouts" that are good at beating poor civilians cool
Re: 480 Nigerian Soldiers Flee To Cameroon by Nobody: 10:41pm On Aug 25, 2014
duni04:
Well if he's there it means we voted him in and we're also culpable

That is what I'm saying. Nigerians need to take ownership of Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: 480 Nigerian Soldiers Flee To Cameroon by hansad: 10:45pm On Aug 25, 2014
Mbediogu:

I honestly would not blame Mr. President here. If the military high command and service chiefs who have all it takes experientially have found themselves incapable; why talk about the President who has no military background? Giving a dog a bad name to hang it? It is obvious that the insurgents enjoy a lot of support in the areas where they operate. Mr. Preident has done the diplomatic sub-work by involving our Ecowas neighbors. Although this is not time to trade blames, it is also not time to pass the buck. Clearly, the problem as I see it rests on the military high command and our brothers from the North especially the elite politicians from there. We must remove Mr. President from blames in this matter. I am aware he asked for extra budgetary monies for the military in that regard but NAS turned him down. The option now is for the military to make best use of what is on the ground. The President has his blames in other areas, not here.
Finally, I want to say that as long as we keep trivializing such grave issue thro our half hearted non committed actions that are watered down by politicization, corruption and tribalism, Boko Haram will always prevail and our fortunes as a nation will continue to dip. Let us wake up as one to this call.
They want Aso Rock, not your common sense talk.They know that with a divided military with divided loyalty, the president has little or no chance, no power and even morality to fight the insurgents. Many may not even believe that B/Haram and its sympathisers are capable of gaining Aso Rock either by bullets or by ballots.

3 Likes

Re: 480 Nigerian Soldiers Flee To Cameroon by CharliParker: 10:53pm On Aug 25, 2014
Goodlock ebola jonathan till 2020 Ndi Igbo will vote for him I know, ndi igbo kwenu

1 Like

Re: 480 Nigerian Soldiers Flee To Cameroon by Nobody: 10:58pm On Aug 25, 2014
moneyhungry:
did a goat pee on your head when you were a kid... or does du+mbness run in your lineage?... cuz you're an extra daft ogre.
dafuq do I need salt n water for?. oh, you assume every NL member is based in Nigeria right?.
Ode!.

See this one o, na me con base for Nigeria? See as u just insult ur family, sorry 4 u.

1 Like

Re: 480 Nigerian Soldiers Flee To Cameroon by Kizyte(m): 11:00pm On Aug 25, 2014
Bloody cowards! If na to punish innocent civilians una go sabi'am well well... useless soldiers!
Re: 480 Nigerian Soldiers Flee To Cameroon by easystudy101: 11:34pm On Aug 25, 2014
better equipped?

the west should start telling us how boko haram get thier weapons

http://www.amazon.com/How-Survive-Abroad-International-Student-ebook/dp/B00MIBTX8Y
Re: 480 Nigerian Soldiers Flee To Cameroon by omoloba123(m): 11:40pm On Aug 25, 2014
After watching the latest BH video, I think it is high time Nigerians come together as one to fight this battle instead of blaming each other before it is too late.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rl4IgD--nKg

1 Like

Re: 480 Nigerian Soldiers Flee To Cameroon by hansad: 11:55pm On Aug 25, 2014
Nigeria people hardly tell the truth, even to themselves. That's why B/Haram problem persists. Many Nigerians pretend not to know that divided loyalty to religions make Nigeria army unable to defeat B/Haram. Northern Nigeria drew the borders of its Arewa country in the 12 far north states with sharia criminal codes, but, still sticks to and fights for Nigeria because of crude oil and access to ocean waterways. But the rest of Nigeria refuses to accept reality that north wants to practice its religion the way it wants it in a religious country. Fighting Boko Haram instead of granting north its Arewa country which it indirectly asked for: Nigeria may have to do the fight against B/Haram till end of time unless Nigerians concede Aso Rock to sympathisers of B/Haram in politics.

3 Likes

Re: 480 Nigerian Soldiers Flee To Cameroon by Osgilliat(m): 12:06am On Aug 26, 2014
Cannonleo:

Dnt mind them they havr already changed the tone of the news,it is now nigerian troops cross into.cameroun wat nonsense

I'm sure they crossed in the process of fleeing from Boko Haram. jona azz lickers.
Re: 480 Nigerian Soldiers Flee To Cameroon by hasyak(m): 12:36am On Aug 26, 2014
WildChild00:

APC men and women in NL hv taking over the thread, not one not two, alll...
Anybody that says the truth is now an APC person, how pathetic
The truth shall set you FREE.....

3 Likes

Re: 480 Nigerian Soldiers Flee To Cameroon by hasyak(m): 12:41am On Aug 26, 2014
MissMeiya:

That is what I'm saying. Nigerians need to take ownership of Nigeria.
We deserve the leadership we get... because most are so myopic
Re: 480 Nigerian Soldiers Flee To Cameroon by yehmi01(m): 12:42am On Aug 26, 2014
Am short of words to say. One thing about this country that I have noticed it that we take lots of things for granted and its until it gets out of hand we don't think its any cause for alarm.

Its the same lack of taking things serious at first signs of danger that allowed Ebola into this country and innocent people are paying for it.

If you ask me I think the Government has failed us as a nation weather PDP or APC they have all failed us.

Every one is just after dir own selfish interest.

Non of the people in government looks worried over this matter

I saw the shallow information minster on TV today and guys trust me when I say that guy is empty.

He his so empty that non of his words were accurate about this matter. How can you say the military just went dir as a plan B as if what BBC was showing on air of our militery running across the borders was a lie.

At this rate I honestly don't know who to trust any more.

I hope they take all the stolen money to heaven when they die.

2 Likes

Re: 480 Nigerian Soldiers Flee To Cameroon by Nobody: 1:04am On Aug 26, 2014
hasyak:
We deserve the leadership we get... because most are so myopic

Nigerians need to be empowered and take control, instead of being spectators to their own lives.

1 Like

Re: 480 Nigerian Soldiers Flee To Cameroon by hasyak(m): 1:15am On Aug 26, 2014
MissMeiya:

Nigerians need to be empowered and take control, instead of being spectators to their own lives.

How?

With a mindset that cant see beyond tribal and religious sentiments?
Re: 480 Nigerian Soldiers Flee To Cameroon by Dibiachukwu: 1:51am On Aug 26, 2014
donphilopus:

That's the problem the NA is having. People now feel joining the Army is now a means of employment. They no longer join them to serve their fatherland!
Na wa o. Nigeria fatherland kwa? Whose fatherland if I may ask? Money, Power and opportunity. These are the reasons why people join the army.

1 Like

Re: 480 Nigerian Soldiers Flee To Cameroon by Dibiachukwu: 2:06am On Aug 26, 2014
WilyWily:
You are a patriotic Nigeria, why are you wasting time go and volunteer, Nigeria army needs your help in Borno. Why are you here?
Yes oh. Me self I go do my part. I will donate catapult to the guy.
Re: 480 Nigerian Soldiers Flee To Cameroon by Nobody: 2:30am On Aug 26, 2014
hasyak:

How?

With a mindset that cant see beyond tribal and religious sentiments?

Exposure? The youth.
Re: 480 Nigerian Soldiers Flee To Cameroon by bayulll01(m): 3:02am On Aug 26, 2014
Plus10:
What is the joke abt his statement?is it bad for a leader to seek the cooperation of his followers?Maybe you're dumb to figure out what he actually meant...cooperation here means a lot of things which may be time to rescue them,photos of the missing etc!
pathetic that's what u are,maybe ur stupid brain is suffering from amnesia but I will remind u,is not in this country some boys were slaughtered on their bed,ur jonadaftt dint see the picture abi u guys are so stupiiid for defending jonathan cos the guy is a colossal failure

1 Like

Re: 480 Nigerian Soldiers Flee To Cameroon by moneyhungry(m): 3:50am On Aug 26, 2014
calebo101:

See this one o, na me con base for Nigeria? See as u just insult ur family, sorry 4 u.

Re: 480 Nigerian Soldiers Flee To Cameroon by LordCenturion(m): 5:25am On Aug 26, 2014
dhammyg:
THE MOST ANNOYING THING IS THAT SEVERAL PEOPLE STILL SUPPORT HIM.
U SEE THE STUUPID *GEJITES* RANTING ALL OVER NL IN SUPPORT OF GEJ.SOMETIMES I JUST FEEL LIKE TAKING A CEMENT BLOCK AND HITTING THEM ON THE HEAD WITHangry

HOW CAN HUMAN BEINGS BE SO STUPIIDangry

Why can't they support him,,remember that white people always compare us with monkey With no brain to act as a human being , this is Africa where a president can rule for a decade and the people under him become a slave. ....no wonder they sold them as slaves to white peope

3 Likes

Re: 480 Nigerian Soldiers Flee To Cameroon by Dexema(m): 7:59am On Aug 26, 2014
OgologoDimkpa: So he should die because of Nigeria.
Wake up Mr man angry

What sort of people are these ones naaa! If anyone shud die for Nigeria first shudnt it be Mr president? Now I see that the labour of our heroes past even those who lost their lives is truly in vain.
If Mr president can't sacrifice it just shows the level of belief he has in his office,the oath he took and his responsibility towards the masses.

1 Like

Re: 480 Nigerian Soldiers Flee To Cameroon by Nobody: 8:13am On Aug 26, 2014
Gbawe:

This is what has gained GEJ uniform condemnation from virtually all his peers worldwide while his brainwashed fans talk and attack everyone, including a mere journalist like Isha Sesay, as if the world is deliberately against their oga. Even as this allegation is not verified, I would not be surprised if this turns out to be true because many unprecedented and terrible developments, such as that claimed here, are the outcome of the kind of callous self-servitude and corruption GEJ is working with even the worst despot like Abacha did not display.

GEJ is literally destroying every Nigerian institution with his myopic greed and lust for power at all cost. He has virtually bankrupted Nigeria buying support he assumes will help him remain in power. He has, to the detriment of Nigeria, been capitulating to political blackmailers and extortionists from day one and since he was sworn in as acting President !!! Why will we not witness the destruction and dismantling of the Nigerian Army when $18 billion disbursed to strengthen our Army's capability against Boko Haram was embezzled under GEJ? When the money that is to be used to defend the nation is looted (something we did not even see under the worst dictators) then what else do Nigerians need to see to note , as many have stated already, that GEJ is a "very dangerous President"?
shut ur bloody trap!true nigerians know the extent the real enemies,who are powerful and wield enormous influence,of the land can go just to discredit the hardworking president in their satanic bid to regain power..true nigerians also know that virtually all the squables confronting the president are artificial and deliberately orchestrated by powerful forces..
Now pay attention,u usual bloody monologueing psycho,these mess y'all draculas are shiiting around everywhere cud lead to da quick disintegration of da nation and thats gonna be fine..
#Someone shud pls inform that minna hilltop gap toothed ex general that its past the time he dorns up his military uniforms and defend the land against the rampaging bh and quit making a huge fool of himself over a mere 'bloody civilian',asari dokuboh.

1 Like

Re: 480 Nigerian Soldiers Flee To Cameroon by Nobody: 8:23am On Aug 26, 2014
hansad: Nigeria people hardly tell the truth, even to themselves. That's why B/Haram problem persists. Many Nigerians pretend not to know that divided loyalty to religions make Nigeria army unable to defeat B/Haram. Northern Nigeria drew the borders of its Arewa country in the 12 far north states with sharia criminal codes, but, still sticks to and fights for Nigeria because of crude oil and access to ocean waterways. But the rest of Nigeria refuses to accept reality that north wants to practice its religion the way it wants it in a religious country. Fighting Boko Haram instead of granting north its Arewa country which it indirectly asked for: Nigeria may have to do the fight against B/Haram till end of time unless Nigerians concede Aso Rock to sympathisers of B/Haram in politics.
1m likes.
Re: 480 Nigerian Soldiers Flee To Cameroon by princenayo: 9:07am On Aug 26, 2014
It was a tactical maneuvering
Re: 480 Nigerian Soldiers Flee To Cameroon by Nobody: 9:14am On Aug 26, 2014
moneyhungry:

1 Like

Re: 480 Nigerian Soldiers Flee To Cameroon by deeobserver209(m): 9:21am On Aug 26, 2014
WildChild00:

APC men and women in NL hv taking over the thread, not one not two, alll...
A lot of their comments were made in complete ignorance.

1 Like

Re: 480 Nigerian Soldiers Flee To Cameroon by Nobody: 9:56am On Aug 26, 2014
olapluto: 480!!! WOW!
Well, when they wont get salary on time, have to beg for bullets, and not assured of their family welfare in case they die in action, I dont blame them.
But 480 is an alarmingly high number. The president is not even bothered. He is setting a very very very disturbing precedence here in Nigeria. Never have we had so many deserters.
It is a shame that in a time of war, our leaders are weakening our army.
I fear that by the time GEJ hands over (hopefully next year), he may not have more than 32 states to hand over. Systematic disintegration of Nigeria is going on under a president that is happy to weaken the army to prevent a coup d'etat rather than equip the army to maintain territorial integrity of the country.
Re: 480 Nigerian Soldiers Flee To Cameroon by BetaThings: 11:48am On Aug 26, 2014
hansad: Nigeria people hardly tell the truth, even to themselves. That's why B/Haram problem persists. Many Nigerians pretend not to know that divided loyalty to religions make Nigeria army unable to defeat B/Haram. Northern Nigeria drew the borders of its Arewa country in the 12 far north states with sharia criminal codes, but, still sticks to and fights for Nigeria because of crude oil and access to ocean waterways. But the rest of Nigeria refuses to accept reality that north wants to practice its religion the way it wants it in a religious country. Fighting Boko Haram instead of granting north its Arewa country which it indirectly asked for: Nigeria may have to do the fight against B/Haram till end of time unless Nigerians concede Aso Rock to sympathisers of B/Haram in politics.

And you consider the above the truth?
So which part of the North is so contiguously Muslim that Sharia is the all-consuming passion
How many Northerners call southerners names on Nairaland?

And I know that no elected Muslim has promised to do mosque circuit
Yet President Jonathan wants to be doing fellowship in different churches every month
Yet some people are lamenting religious dichotomy

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

Panic As Police, LASTMA Abandon Lagos Roads / Adams Oshiomhole Lands In Benin Airport, Received By Supporters (Photos) / 774,000 Recruitment: Keyamo Threatens To Resign If Politicians Hijack Process

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.