Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,727 members, 7,824,058 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:34 PM

480 Nigerian Soldiers Flee To Cameroon - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 480 Nigerian Soldiers Flee To Cameroon (55416 Views)

Top ISIS Member Arrested While Attempting To Flee To Nigeria / Massive Tension In Mubi: Soldiers Flee As Boko Haram Invades / Gwoza Town Fall To Boko Haram As Soldiers Flee (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 480 Nigerian Soldiers Flee To Cameroon by watchindelta(m): 4:06pm On Aug 25, 2014
yeye
Re: 480 Nigerian Soldiers Flee To Cameroon by mickyarams: 4:07pm On Aug 25, 2014
This country called Nigeria is a big sham! A disgrace to the black race.

2 Likes

Re: 480 Nigerian Soldiers Flee To Cameroon by borga112(m): 4:07pm On Aug 25, 2014
Re: 480 Nigerian Soldiers Flee To Cameroon by onatisi(m): 4:07pm On Aug 25, 2014
PointB: Nigerian soldiers defect? Arrant nonsense!!

It's not even on BBC website, the so called source! I am sure this is another of Shekau propaganda, given life by the anti-GEJ goons!
bros the news is there oo, i just checked it myself

2 Likes

Re: 480 Nigerian Soldiers Flee To Cameroon by olaeffect(m): 4:07pm On Aug 25, 2014
20pounds: This is goodnews! 480 other Nigerians will fill their place, thereby creating employment. The transformation is on course! Who said GEJ is not working?

Very soon, Adamawa state will defect to Cameroon too with their Lamido and we shall go and occupy the land and own their horses and cattle(plus Nyako's mango trees)

GEJ till 20 lipsrsealed

Kai, you no dey forget something ooo grin grin grin

N2billion per annum fruit yielding mango trees grin angry
Re: 480 Nigerian Soldiers Flee To Cameroon by Kingharzyz(m): 4:08pm On Aug 25, 2014
am close to tears .... my beloved country is sinking daily.... This is a national disaster.... Somebody tell me is BH richer than Nigeria.... why cant we arm our soldiers... where are the funds going OMG... Mr president why ? GEJ till 2015

3 Likes

Re: 480 Nigerian Soldiers Flee To Cameroon by hermesprogidy(m): 4:09pm On Aug 25, 2014
Hmm.. With all this defection and vulnerability from the Nigerian Army, the invasion and annexing of Cross River State by Cameroon may just be playing on their mind. undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: 480 Nigerian Soldiers Flee To Cameroon by Akalia(m): 4:09pm On Aug 25, 2014
Two things are evident in this report:
(1) This is a deliberate attempt to underscore the effort of the government to contain the bokoharam insurgency. I know those that backing and funding BH are behind this biased report which could be a calculated deception since there is no substantial evidence of any kind,maybe a video footage of something.
(2) It is not unheard of that soldiers abscond during war time but it is unheard of that soldiers defect to another country's military,it is never done. The stupid report should have simply said that the disarmed soldiers are seeking some sought of' assylum' and not ' defected'. Pleases my fellow Nigerians that buy biased western media reportage on our dear country. The west is diabolic, all this terrorism chaos plaguing the world is actually monsters created by this evil minded white folks. Shit heads.

6 Likes

Re: 480 Nigerian Soldiers Flee To Cameroon by atlwireles: 4:10pm On Aug 25, 2014
THE greatest threat facing the nation’s war against the Boko Haram and other Islamist insurgents has to do with the unprecedented acts of sabotage that the national assignment is facing. Never at any other time in the history of Nigeria had the army been so bedeviled by internal and external undermining of efforts to rid the country of terrorists and other enemies of her unity and progress.
The sabotage comes in so many forms. It is both within and outside the confines of the armed forces. According to media reports, some military officers with sympathy for the cause of the insurgents sometimes reportedly divulge critical information about the plans of the military to undertake campaigns or even funnel military equipment to their partisans in the enemy camp. This, we learnt, has led to the unceremonious cancellation of such campaigns to avoid putting officers and men in danger of running into ambushes.

One of the greatest forms of the sabotage is misinformation. Many sympathisers of Boko Haram are very eager to approach, mainly, the foreign media to say uncomplimentary things about our armed forces . They create an impression of Boko Haram as an invincible force and Sambisa, their chosen camp, as an impregnable fortress. It is this misinformation and the subsequent avoidable losses in men and military material that give rise to the tales of real or imagined “mutinies” and protests among our men under arms.
The military high command, as well as their supervisory political authorities, must take firm steps to discourage acts of sabotage against our men and women confronting the terrorists. We are fully in support of the assurance by the Chief of Army Staff, Lt General Kenneth Minimah, that the army will henceforth go tough on saboteurs and visit them with the strictest dictates of the law when nabbed and convicted of the crime.
We are also gratified to note that army is on the verge of taking delivery of sophisticated equipment. It will surely boost morale among the troops and spur them to greater effort to flush the terrorists out of Nigeria.
We call on the mass media to redouble their efforts and throw their full support for the armed forces. More efforts should be made to de-emphasise the dissemination of sensational and unsubstantiated information because we may be unwittingly playing into the hands of the terrorists. It is important for media houses to take a closer hold of their online editions and minimise their use by the terrorists and their supporters to achieve their evil purposes.
The war on terror is not for the army, security agencies or the federal government alone. It is a collective effort. We must report suspected saboteurs to the appropriate authorities and keep our communities safe.

- See more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2014/08/going-tough-saboteurs/#sthash.2n15VuzI.dpuf

4 Likes

Re: 480 Nigerian Soldiers Flee To Cameroon by heilige(m): 4:10pm On Aug 25, 2014
Jonathan : ADC are we still in power ?
ADC: My president, we are no longer in power in the north east. Boko Haram is in charge there.

....Nigeria is becoming a failed state, and looting countinues in Abuja

1 Like

Re: 480 Nigerian Soldiers Flee To Cameroon by plendil: 4:10pm On Aug 25, 2014
shocked shocked shocked

wow!! I'm waiting to hear the official response of the military to this
Re: 480 Nigerian Soldiers Flee To Cameroon by dady12: 4:10pm On Aug 25, 2014
20pounds: This is goodnews! 480 other Nigerians will fill their place, thereby creating employment. The transformation is on course! Who said GEJ is not working?

Very soon, Adamawa state will defect to Cameroon too with their Lamido and we shall go and occupy the land and own their horses and cattle(plus Nyako's mango trees)

GEJ till 20 lipsrsealed
take their place go to sambasa forent
Re: 480 Nigerian Soldiers Flee To Cameroon by Bellfun(m): 4:13pm On Aug 25, 2014
To those GEJ goons/blind supporters..yes,d problem was a inherited problem but we voted for Mr.President to,if not solve them,at least reduce them to its bearest minimum...but GEJ has show himself to be a weakling who only sort for power for the sake of occupying the office!...a very clueless C-in-C!

4 Likes

Re: 480 Nigerian Soldiers Flee To Cameroon by avalontony(m): 4:13pm On Aug 25, 2014
chisos grin
Re: 480 Nigerian Soldiers Flee To Cameroon by ceemere: 4:14pm On Aug 25, 2014
Gbawe:

You can say that again. All the major problems of Nigeria have worsened under GEJ.
its funny how nobody talks about those who said nigeria will be ungovernable for GEJ, all they do is blame GEJ, even when they know those who said it and put it in motion by bringing in boko boys. Abeg mey una hit the hammer on the head of the nail which is all those northern elders and politicians who said they will make sure nigeria will be ungovernable for GEJ. Anyways I blame him partially cos if it was to be OBJ, all northern states for don be charcoal from Air strike by now. Mtchewww undecided

3 Likes

Re: 480 Nigerian Soldiers Flee To Cameroon by tochman(m): 4:15pm On Aug 25, 2014
OP, hope this story was not culled from "ww.nscdc" grin
Re: 480 Nigerian Soldiers Flee To Cameroon by Gbawe: 4:15pm On Aug 25, 2014
comos:
Nice decision indeed!
If all the personnel serving in the army took this decision, I am sure by now Boko Haram will be in your Place of resident.
The army needs commendation not condemnation.
and stop been a cheap talker

You don't get it and will not get it. I am not condemning the Army. I am angry at and condemning the corruption, lack of political will and political interference that has turned our once commendable Nigerian Army into a force that is now the butt of jokes and derision worldwide. It is embarrassing to hear the USA tell the world our army men are 'cowards' afraid/unprepared to fight and confront Boko Haram. I personally don't think our Army men are cowards but low moral, poor welfare and lack of adequate equipment will leave most men disinterested in conflict they are right to conclude is a 'suicide mission'.

It seems our Army, because of desperate and power-drunk politicians, now only excel at intimidating voting civilians and unarmed individuals while they run away from heavily armed Boko Haram terrorists. You think it is wise for you to direct your venom at your fellow Nigerian and not at the politicians who did 'abracadabra' with the billions of dollar pumped into the fight against Boko Haram and insecurity? Bruv, face your front abeg.

10 Likes

Re: 480 Nigerian Soldiers Flee To Cameroon by PointB: 4:16pm On Aug 25, 2014
Obiagelli:
please lets have some semblance of shame even if we are sycophants.

What are you yapping about? Is that you can't read or you have problem with comprehension?
Re: 480 Nigerian Soldiers Flee To Cameroon by nero1990: 4:16pm On Aug 25, 2014
donphilopus:

That's the problem the NA is having. People now feel joining the Army is now a means of employment. They no longer join them to serve their fatherland!

my dear,what have you also done to serve your fatherland?
Re: 480 Nigerian Soldiers Flee To Cameroon by mickyarams: 4:16pm On Aug 25, 2014
The Nigeria president should get a nobel price for being so dumb. The guy is just too daft to do anything. You have to feel sorry for those poor soldiers when all their bosses are glorified morons. How can you send those guys to war with inadequate weapons, how can the soldiers that are putting their lives on the line have to be begging the government for armours and weapons. Over 200 girls have been missing from this country for over 4 months now and our president is busy celebrating with the governor of Osun state over their election victory with over 5000 soldiers guarding them. This country is just a joke.

6 Likes

Re: 480 Nigerian Soldiers Flee To Cameroon by VAQAXY: 4:19pm On Aug 25, 2014
This news is a propaganda, I just confirmed from a colleague in the Airforce!
Re: 480 Nigerian Soldiers Flee To Cameroon by Nobody: 4:19pm On Aug 25, 2014
Macteejay2: [size=16pt]If the Nigerian Army is not fit to win the battle against BH let the war be contracted out to US, France or Chadians[/size]... undecided undecided undecided
That is preposterous! Could you imagine this is the same military that brutalizes the ordinary citizens on the streets. Smh... angry angry lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed cry cry
Re: 480 Nigerian Soldiers Flee To Cameroon by hardbody: 4:22pm On Aug 25, 2014
Gbawe:

Indeed. Whether this claim is true or otherwise is not important. What is inevitable, unless something drastic happens, is that our Army will continue to see many members deserting and going AWOL because of low morale and total disillusionment with their own Army leaders and the politicians above them.

People forget we live in an information age where even the most basic android phone these days places a lot of information in the hands of those willing to learn and gain knowledge. Which Army officer, after gaining requisite knowledge of the treasonous corruption leaving them exposed and under-equipped, will be happy to go and die for what appears a lost cause our leaders do not seem to believe in with how they choose to loot the funds meant to strengthen the capability of our Army to confront and overcome Boko Haram?

It is very easy for any well-read Army officer to conclude that politicians don't care a jot about their welfare and are only interested in their own self-aggrandizement and continued stay in political office. If you were in the Army, will you choose to continue to be the sacrificial Goat for such wicked and heartless bosses?

Why cant the army revolt? What happened to coup d'etat. This Africa not the west. They have the solution but are even afraid to apply it. Meanwhile i believe the defectors are from that part of Nigeria
Re: 480 Nigerian Soldiers Flee To Cameroon by idupaul: 4:23pm On Aug 25, 2014
PointB: Nigerian soldiers defect? Arrant nonsense!!

It's not even on BBC website, the so called source! I am sure this is another of Shekau propaganda, given life by the anti-GEJ goons!

Are U serious
Re: 480 Nigerian Soldiers Flee To Cameroon by econity(m): 4:23pm On Aug 25, 2014
comos:
Nice decision indeed!
If all the personnel serving in the army took this decision, I am sure by now Boko Haram will be in your Place of resident.
The army needs commendation not condemnation.
and stop been a cheap talker
you don't seem to catch what he meant.
He never condemned our army but d politician who ve made our army a place where ppl who are looking for job fall back to as d last resort.
You and i know that if all things are equal, 90% of those in our military now would ve chosen a different part.
There is nothing to die
for my friend for this country at d moment.

2 Likes

Re: 480 Nigerian Soldiers Flee To Cameroon by WilyWily: 4:24pm On Aug 25, 2014
Congratulations to any of Southern soldiers (minus Yoruba/Itsekiri soldiers) that defected to Cameroon, The war going on in North is not your war, Thank you for defecting.
Boko Haran should teach Yoruba Soldiers a good lesson

1 Like

Re: 480 Nigerian Soldiers Flee To Cameroon by darqly(m): 4:25pm On Aug 25, 2014
Shh, people not so loud please. There's another thread on the forum that accuses you of being unpatriotic, treachery and biased reporting once you dare announce gains by BH.
According to that thread, Nigeria is ACTUALLY winning the war against terror...
Re: 480 Nigerian Soldiers Flee To Cameroon by Nobody: 4:26pm On Aug 25, 2014
all4naija:
That is preposterous! Could you imagine this is the same military that brutalizes the ordinary citizens on the streets. Smh... angry angry lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed cry cry

Lmao!!

And when you tell these stark illiterates and village ultra nationalists the truth, they'll start stalking you everywhere spouting baseless tripe that you hate the country. grin

Nah, we don't hate the country - we hate the useless medieval mentality having plonkers who occupy what should've been the pride of Africa and the black world - and the clueless fedora hat wearing weasel leading everyone to abyss. You can never be more patriotic than those who pledge allegiance to black power and black consciousness.

480 = a whole battalion! Utterly shameful!

8 Likes

Re: 480 Nigerian Soldiers Flee To Cameroon by Litmus: 4:27pm On Aug 25, 2014
Seems unlikely. Makes no sense. In which nation, even the most flea-bitten African dump of a Nation -does soldiers flee in such huge numbers? Are they Nigerian soldiers? What ethnic group? For instance, if they are Southerners, then those people dreaming of breaking up Nigeria in the South are living in a dream world because it would mean we're bringing up cowards. If Northern soldiers, do they share ethnicity with people in Cameroon - in other words, soldiers sympathetic to Bokoharam that are finding their presence in the Nigerian army, as saboteurs, compromised?

None of this makes sense. More than likely one of those BBC wishful thinking. We need to hear the side of Nigeria authorities.
Re: 480 Nigerian Soldiers Flee To Cameroon by biz2get(m): 4:27pm On Aug 25, 2014
soroptimist: Nigeria! Oh Nigeria!

Despite the fact that these soldiers have been shouting themselves hoarse over their parlous condition owing to the monumental corruption the Jonathanian political Halleluyah boys have always told people to shut up.

To the TAN boys,saying the truth by anyone and exposing the cluelessness of their C-in-C is tantamount to political propaganda despite the heart rendering news of consistent massacre of these soldiers by the cursed BH sect

These are the same Neighbour-2-Neighbour evangelists who said Chibok abduction was a scam despite the fact that GEJ was later exposed for his leadership naivety by a 17yr old Malala

When is GEJ going to act presidential for once and fight corruption which is at the heart of everything evil that is bedevilling Nigeria?

What am i even saying sef..................He has told us all........He doesn't give a damn!!!

Shit Happens...
Re: 480 Nigerian Soldiers Flee To Cameroon by Nobody: 4:28pm On Aug 25, 2014
Sad. Nigeria is synonymous with problems. What went wrong? undecided
Re: 480 Nigerian Soldiers Flee To Cameroon by Revolva(m): 4:28pm On Aug 25, 2014
Lmfao.......and they call themselves amry!!!! dis naija na real hilarious nation

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

"If PMB Likes Let Him Impregnate My Wife, Call Ondo 'Edo', I Will Vote For Him" / Panic As Police, LASTMA Abandon Lagos Roads / You Didn’t Truly Campaign For Buhari, APC Tells Okorocha

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.