Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,520 members, 7,816,264 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:29 AM

Liberian Doctor Who Received Rare Ebola Drug Zmapp Dies - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Liberian Doctor Who Received Rare Ebola Drug Zmapp Dies (29790 Views)

OMG, How Unprofessional?! Molested By Male Doctor Who Fondled Her Boobs?!! / Liberian Dies In Morocco Of Ebola - Internal Affairs Minister Discloses / Nigerian Doctor Who Treated Victim Infected With Ebola (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Liberian Doctor Who Received Rare Ebola Drug Zmapp Dies by abdnMe: 3:34pm On Aug 25, 2014
Source: http://af.reuters.com/article/topNews/idAFKBN0GP14D20140825

DAKAR (Reuters) - One of three African doctors infected with Ebola and treated with the experimental drug ZMapp has died in Monrovia, Liberian Information Minister Lewis Brown said on Monday.

Liberia, the West African country where Ebola is spreading fastest, received three doses of the rare treatment on August 13.

Initially, Liberia said the three doctors, Zukunis Ireland and Abraham Borbor from Liberia and Dr. Aroh Cosmos Izchukwu from Nigeria, were responding well to the treatment, raising optimism about the experimental therapy.

Asked to confirm the death of doctor Borbor, Brown said: "That is correct. He died yesterday."

Two U.S. aid workers who caught Ebola in Liberia were declared free of the virus and released from an Atlanta hospital last week after receiving the same treatment.

But a Spanish priest who received ZMapp died.

The drug's U.S.-based manufacturer, Mapp Biopharmaceutical, says limited supplies have already been exhausted and producing more will take time. There are other drugs in the pipeline but all are unproven and have yet to clear even the earliest stage of clinical trials.

The hemorrhagic fever has killed at least 1,427 people in the deadliest outbreak of the disease to date. In the week through to August 22, 297 new suspected, probable and confirmed cases of Ebola were reported in Liberia - the largest number of weekly cases since the epidemic began in March, according to a United Nations Children's Fund report.

Ebola can kill up to 90 percent of those infected though the fatality rate in the current epidemic is around 60 percent.

3 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Liberian Doctor Who Received Rare Ebola Drug Zmapp Dies by MizMyColi(f): 3:38pm On Aug 25, 2014
OMGosh!!!!!

RIP Doc undecided

3 Likes

Re: Liberian Doctor Who Received Rare Ebola Drug Zmapp Dies by CircleOfWilis: 3:38pm On Aug 25, 2014
Zmap is useless without a good and a functioning health team that will render adequate supportive care to Ebola patients.
Liberia is deficient in above

What were they thinking?

RIP

40 Likes

Re: Liberian Doctor Who Received Rare Ebola Drug Zmapp Dies by Liamm(m): 3:51pm On Aug 25, 2014
It seems Zmapp cures with faith....

15 Likes

Re: Liberian Doctor Who Received Rare Ebola Drug Zmapp Dies by tit(f): 3:52pm On Aug 25, 2014
CircleOfWilis: Zmap is useless without a good and a functioning team that will render adequate supportive health care to Ebola patient.

What were they thinking?

you cannot leave a person running a high fever in our hot tropical environment and expect them to survive.
I once ran a temperature from a bacterial infection and despite the room being at about 64^F, these people wore me an "ice-jacket".

2 Likes

Re: Liberian Doctor Who Received Rare Ebola Drug Zmapp Dies by Firefire(m): 3:56pm On Aug 25, 2014
undecided
Re: Liberian Doctor Who Received Rare Ebola Drug Zmapp Dies by jmaine: 3:59pm On Aug 25, 2014
CircleOfWilis: Zmap is useless without a good and a functioning health team that will render adequate supportive care to Ebola patients.

What were they thinking?

RIP

Affirmed

3 Likes

Re: Liberian Doctor Who Received Rare Ebola Drug Zmapp Dies by ibedun: 4:03pm On Aug 25, 2014
O'dua (GOD) bless you Dr Cosmos Izchukwu for your contribution to humanity

10 Likes

Re: Liberian Doctor Who Received Rare Ebola Drug Zmapp Dies by Nobody: 4:46pm On Aug 25, 2014
So how many doctors have perished For this Ebola of a thing

[size=18pt]Dear patients,

I take God beg una
if you have high fever,diarrhea and blood oozing from your orifices and skin,please stay in your home and quarantine yourself
Keep away from doctors please
[/size]

Signed Dr Beatrice Osisi

64 Likes

Re: Liberian Doctor Who Received Rare Ebola Drug Zmapp Dies by SLIDEwaxie(m): 5:02pm On Aug 25, 2014
Maybe the drug only works for US citizens grin
U better come chop kolanut or drink herbicide grin grin

13 Likes

Re: Liberian Doctor Who Received Rare Ebola Drug Zmapp Dies by Marotzke(m): 5:25pm On Aug 25, 2014
customised13:

Taa......shut ya mouth
who dash monkey banana? u a doctor?? say that again beatrice.
u think u can deceive everyone on nl? thief

Tua....
How you come believe say her name na Beatrice?

20 Likes

Re: Liberian Doctor Who Received Rare Ebola Drug Zmapp Dies by lilprinze: 5:29pm On Aug 25, 2014
I said it I don't trust those Americans they gave us the fake zmapp.They should please keep their zmapp we don't want again oo

19 Likes

Re: Liberian Doctor Who Received Rare Ebola Drug Zmapp Dies by CharlieMaria(m): 5:40pm On Aug 25, 2014
angry

2 Likes

Re: Liberian Doctor Who Received Rare Ebola Drug Zmapp Dies by QMark: 5:40pm On Aug 25, 2014
No be original Zmapp US send come Africa

4 Likes

Re: Liberian Doctor Who Received Rare Ebola Drug Zmapp Dies by hotmolo(m): 5:40pm On Aug 25, 2014
So its not a perfect drug after all. Baba God na ur hand we de. Meanwhile "aboki run bring dat bitter cola cum sharp sharp" grin

1 Like

Re: Liberian Doctor Who Received Rare Ebola Drug Zmapp Dies by Bazinga(m): 5:40pm On Aug 25, 2014
Not a bad news if u ask me. Just two deaths and over 6 successes, including a nigerian doctor. I guess the virus had really eaten the spanish and the liberian that died after receiving the zmapp serum.

Its a win for me. But the problem is the availability of the zmapp.

2 Likes

Re: Liberian Doctor Who Received Rare Ebola Drug Zmapp Dies by Babyboy1986(m): 5:40pm On Aug 25, 2014
Chai!! Chai!! Chai!!
Re: Liberian Doctor Who Received Rare Ebola Drug Zmapp Dies by lat4real: 5:40pm On Aug 25, 2014
undecided

1 Like

Re: Liberian Doctor Who Received Rare Ebola Drug Zmapp Dies by Guykhena(m): 5:41pm On Aug 25, 2014

Two U.S. aid workers who caught Ebola in Liberia were declared free of the virus and released from an Atlanta hospital last week after receiving the same treatment.
The U.S citizens survived after taking the dose,but the spanish priest and Liberian doctor died after taking it? undecided am I the only one who smells something fishy going on here?

8 Likes

Re: Liberian Doctor Who Received Rare Ebola Drug Zmapp Dies by holyboss: 5:41pm On Aug 25, 2014
Yeepa shocked dey shud av just done d salt bath for d doc na instead of d US FakeMap undecided

#I hope liberia don't revenge by sending dem Ebola sha

As for d Doc, RIP

2 Likes

Re: Liberian Doctor Who Received Rare Ebola Drug Zmapp Dies by VocalWalls: 5:41pm On Aug 25, 2014
Unfortunate...
Re: Liberian Doctor Who Received Rare Ebola Drug Zmapp Dies by TeamclicksAir: 5:42pm On Aug 25, 2014
Getting interesting
Re: Liberian Doctor Who Received Rare Ebola Drug Zmapp Dies by rozayx5(m): 5:42pm On Aug 25, 2014
GOD SAVED the us doctor cool

6 Likes

Re: Liberian Doctor Who Received Rare Ebola Drug Zmapp Dies by Nobody: 5:42pm On Aug 25, 2014
Ohhhhhh but why undecided
Since this Germany visit, things have been going out of hand...loss to Germany this morning, Gwoza overtaken by rebels and Zmapp has stopped to cure Ebola patients....

6 Likes

Re: Liberian Doctor Who Received Rare Ebola Drug Zmapp Dies by Nobody: 5:42pm On Aug 25, 2014
CircleOfWilis: Zmap is useless without a good and a functioning health team that will render adequate supportive care to Ebola patients.

What were they thinking?

RIP
If they didn't give it to them they'll scream that America is racist.

Notice how we quickly plucked our own out and gave them the proper care that they need.

Zmap is just a tool in the care arsenal.

9 Likes

babyosisi: So how many doctors have perished For this Ebola of a thing

[size=18pt]Dear patients,

I take God beg una
if you have high fever,diarrhea and blood oozing from your orifices and skin,please stay in your home and quarantine yourself
Keep away from doctors please
[/size]

Signed Dr Beatrice Osisi
are you sure you are truly a Doc ?
Why are u scared of doing what you are trained for , treatment of ailment ?

12 Likes

hahahahahahhaha American zmap,that American doctor was right after all when he said Jesus cured him, not zmap,the atheist never understood what he meant. rip to the death though

30 Likes

Re: Liberian Doctor Who Received Rare Ebola Drug Zmapp Dies by Nobody: 5:43pm On Aug 25, 2014
And they have the nerves to call our own a pesticide.... angry angry angry

11 Likes

Re: Liberian Doctor Who Received Rare Ebola Drug Zmapp Dies by Lucario007(m): 5:43pm On Aug 25, 2014
I'm sure that even those who were 'cured' of it may still have other problems. U.S. simply does not want to admit that this is a problem even they can not solve. How is it that only the U.S. citizens did not die after receiving it?

I smell a conspiracy.

#Dan Brown's #INFERNO

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

I Lost My Baby To A System Failure / Kano Moves To Unravel Cause Of Mass Deaths / 304 New COVID-19 Cases, 221 Discharged And 5 Deaths On August 2 - (1,441 Tested)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.