Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,141 members, 7,957,264 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 10:04 AM

BREAKING: NMA Secures Court Order Against Sack Of Resident Doctors - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / BREAKING: NMA Secures Court Order Against Sack Of Resident Doctors (940 Views)

Ministerial Screening: Group Secures Court Order To Stop Amaechi - Daily Post / Britain Worried Over Buhari's Sack Of Dr Akilu In NSA's Office- UK Telegraph / Presidency Orders Sack Of Civil Servants With 30 Years In Service And Above (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

BREAKING: NMA Secures Court Order Against Sack Of Resident Doctors by Nobody: 6:23pm On Aug 25, 2014
The Nigerian Medical Association, NMA, has secureda court injunction from the Nigerian Industrial Court restraining the Nigerian government from sacking resident doctors.The injunction was granted Monday, nearly two weeks after the government fired the 16,000 resident doctors and suspended residency training.The order came a day after theNMA suspended its strike that lasted more than seven weeks.“We’ve secured court injunction against implementation of the circular suspending residency training programme and sack of residents,” the Secretary General of the NMA, Adewunmi Alayaki tweeted Monday.“All the CMDS/MDs are expected to be served within the next 36 hours. Let’s remaincalm,” he added.

More details to come soon…

Source: https://www.premiumtimesng.com/featured-news/167272-breaking-nigerian-medical-body-secures-court-order-against-sack-of-resident-doctors.html#sthash.0Y7tCZd4.dpbs?_e_pi_=7%2CPAGE_ID10%2C3437142552
Re: BREAKING: NMA Secures Court Order Against Sack Of Resident Doctors by Nobody: 6:41pm On Aug 25, 2014
Fourth loss to the FG:

1. Loss to Germany
2. Loss of Gwoza
3. Loss of Zmapp
4. Loss to court order
Re: BREAKING: NMA Secures Court Order Against Sack Of Resident Doctors by adioolayi(m): 7:07pm On Aug 25, 2014
Season long film......I am eager to see the end cool

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: NMA Secures Court Order Against Sack Of Resident Doctors by theplanmaker: 7:07pm On Aug 25, 2014
mtcheew , hipocrites. so they still believe in courth orders? the same courth they wanted the government to disobey thru their strike
Re: BREAKING: NMA Secures Court Order Against Sack Of Resident Doctors by Ngwakwe: 7:30pm On Aug 25, 2014
I never heard that Resident Doctors were sacked rather that the in-house residency programme has been scrapped.

I think the FG played the Joker for a bargaining tool

Company don close, employees go court to keep their employment - I no understand.

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: NMA Secures Court Order Against Sack Of Resident Doctors by CircleOfWilis: 8:07pm On Aug 25, 2014
The only profession where u are expected to work free without collecting ur due payment is medicine...U don't tok even if u don't have enuf to eat at home , u most work even if you are tired

All because u hv sworn the HIPPOCRATIC oath..

#May God help the Nigerian Dr
Re: BREAKING: NMA Secures Court Order Against Sack Of Resident Doctors by sainty2k3(m): 8:45pm On Aug 25, 2014
Ngwakwe: I never heard that Resident Doctors were sacked rather that the in-house residency programme has been scrapped.

I think the FG played the Joker for a bargaining tool

Company don close, employees go court to keep their employment - I no understand.
The court injunction stops Fg from suspending residency training programme, and also reversed the termination of appointment caused by suspension of RTP

(1) (Reply)

Opinion: Why NYSC Should Be Made Optional / Another Fours Years Of Pdp’ll Destroy Nigeria -buhari. / Drinking BEER Has Health Benefits

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.